Prologue

Lady in Distress to Heroine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please please, please...

Myungjin begged in her heart as she waited for an answer from her professor. This was the 15th time she submitted her thesis. Finally, after 9 semesters she finished gathering all the data she needed; she hadn't slept for 2 days straight because of this piece of writing that she spent her early 20s on. The room was quiet with papers flipping and pen scribbles filling the room. Myungjin hung her head low. Her hands were sweating as she rubbed them continuously hoping by doing so her nervousness will go away. She was only a step away from graduating from this hell hole. Once her thesis is submitted, she will only need to finish her finals to be able to graduate.

"There are some typos here and there so you'll have to fix that. Let me know when the improved version is finished," he said as he placed her papers down on his desk. His eyes furrowed and glanced at the nervous wreck that is Myungjin. "Student Myungjin, do you know where you'll be going after you graduate?"

"I-I have some plan to join a start-up company," she stuttered. 

"I see, well then good luck. He said as he handed her the papers back. Myungjin quickly accepted it wit her two hands and stood up from her seat.

"Yes sir. Thank you very much!" She bowed and then left. Her hand hovers over the doorknob for a while before glancing at the mess in her hands. Her knees gave up before the professor's door. She breather a sigh of relief. She scanned the pages and found traces of red pen that was used to correct her work. She sighed in defeat. Myungjin has been a college student at Seoul National University, one of the most prestigious universities in Korea. She used up her teenage years to get into this university that her parents wanted so bad. And as great as it sounds she felt immense pressure to graduate at the top of her class and as a result, this happened. Her thoughts were interrupted by the ringtone from the pockets of her hoodie. She checked the caller before answering, it was her friend from a different department. Myungjin gathered the energy to get up and answer the phone. She dusted herself up and relaxed her voice.

"Hello?" She answered. Myungjin walked through the long hallway of the building. Somehow she feels like today seems longer than usual. She barely had any energy left to return to the dorm.

"Jjin! How was it?" Her friend answered with a cheery voice.

"It was okay. Did you submit yours too?" Myungjin finally exited the building, she nodded her head at the security guard and he did the same. The outside air felt colder than usual, the night darker despite the lights illuminating the ground. Myungjin steps became heavier as she continues her journey.

"Yeah, yesterday. I'm probably doing another all-nighter. I want to graduate fast!" She giggled. 

"Haha, yeah me too. So you're chasing after the spring batch? Man, that's gonna be hard I'll tell you that." Myungjin glanced at the starless sky.

"Still, I got an offer from a colleague in high school. She made a whole name for herself and wanted me to w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter