chapter one

don’t hate me / chanbaek

01: chanyeol misses baekhyun and is all alone

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"the star has now gone into hiding." were the words on the front of the newspaper chanyeol was reading, next to those words was an image of his face taken from the smtown concert last month - his last concert before he had gone into hiding. 

 

he scrunched up the newspaper and threw it across the room, not bothering to read the article, already knowing it would be - all articles about him tended to be, well, ty. and even though his life was in danger and he was hated across the world, he knew reporters would still try their best to tarnish his image. 

 

that sentence made him laugh, how could you tarnish something that had already been ruined, broken, teared to pieces and left to rot? that's what the world had done with park chanyeol, they had taken him in; loved him, adored him and with one sentence they had thrown him back out, made him an outcast. people had sent bombs to his apartments around the world, they threatned to kill his family, he recieved death threats from unknown numbers that even the fbi couldn't trace. 

 

if he could take back what he said he would do it in an instant, but unfortunately life was not a bbc episode of doctor who and chanyeol was not one of the doctors [although he envied the past few doctors, they had such good looking companions]. honestly he had said it as a joke, not meaning to offend anyone - but he done the complete opposite. 

 

his phone buzzed, a text from a number he hadn't saved and he immeaditly went cold - he had changed his number for the fifth time how had people got it? curiously, he opened the text message and was surprised at what it said. 

 

[UNKNOWN NUMNER]

miss u - BBH 

 

chanyeol nearly dropped his phone, why was baekhyun texting him? his fingers shook as he typed back a reply, this was nerve wracking. he didn't understand why his heart was racing as he typed back, maybe it was because they hadn't spoken in over a year since their arguement or maybe the fact he still had a crush on baekhyun.

 

hopefully not the last idea, he thought as he hit send. a few years ago suho had sent chanyeol to go find baekhyun [who was missing from rehearsals yet again], the boy found baekhyun asleep on one of the sofa's backstage. as he watched him sleep chanyeol realized how beautiful he looked, how peaceful he looked and he wanted to punch himself when someone came and woke him up, ruining that image of art. 

 

since that day his crush on baekhyun had grown, his spent most days waking up thinking of him and going to sleep thinking of him and when baekhyun started ignoring him - that's when chanyeol knew he had fallen in deep. 

 

he spent days asking the members, the staff, anyone who ever made contact with baekhyun why he was being ignored, but it turned everyone had absolutely no idea. on stage they acted as if they were still best friends but when they were off the stage not one word was spoken between the pair, it was as if they were strangers. 

 

the other boys noticed the change in their behaviour but decided to not comment on it, thinking it would lead to more trouble that was until jongdae accidentally opened his large mouth and asked why they were ignoring each other. chanyeol looked up from his phone and made eye contact with baekhyun, before the latter looked away. 

 

"shut up!" suho had hissed to a laughing jongdae.

 

since that day things had grown even more awkward, now they started acting the same on stage making fans wonder what was going on. every time exo did anything there would be hundreds of questions asking what was happening to chanbaek - the members always skipped those questions but sometimes when exo arrived at shows fans would scream for answers. 

 

it was embarrassing and awkward and chanyeol finally knew how it felt to have your heart broken, and it wasn't as nice as the movies made it out to be. in fact it was crushing, it broke him - maybe that was why he had said the words that had got him exiled from all humanity. 

 

his phone buzzed again and he quickly typed in his password but to his disappointment it was a text from jongin, not baekhyun.

 

[JONGIN]

sehun doesn't like rapping by himself :'( exo misses u 

 

chanyeol felt a small smile creep up on his lips as he read the text, how cute, he thought. he missed rapping, he missed singing, he missed the fans and most of all he missed the boys. he missed every single member so much, he didn't know what he was going to do by himself without those dorks. 

 

chanyeol switched off his phone and picked up a remote, switching on the tv in the room - skipping through channels until he found mnet. if he was right tonight a new tv show called unpretty rapstar would be airing, a female show me the money it had been called. he was an avid fan of show me the money so he couldn't wait to see the show. 

 

he snuggled into one of the pillows in the couch before he heard a soft knock on the door and jumped up. the only people who knew where he was staying were his manager and lee sooman, even the other members and his family has no idea. his manager would've texted him if he was coming, so who was knocking? 

 

chanyeol went into the kitchen and opened the knife drawer, pulling out a small knife. his heart was hammering, was this end of his life? or was he just being pranked by his manager? his fingers were shaking as he walked towards the door and pulled the door open, holding the knife up in protection. 

 

"hey yeol, guess who's staying with you? also why the do you have a knife?"