Confusion and Secrets

Reasons to Love you

"Tzuyu, you are amazing! You're the best!" I said excitedly as the smell of the food in front of me is invading my stomach. Just by the looks of the food, you can totally tell that it is very delicious. Tzuyu cooked dinner for me as we are having overnight here in my house to finish our assignments.

 

You see, I'm not good in studying so my friend Tzuyu insisted that she tutor me because she doesn't want me to have failing grades. She's such a nice friend, isn't she?

 

"If you're done eating, we will start doing your assignment okay?" Tzuyoda said, wearing an apron that looks cute on her. She sat beside me.

 

"Okay okay. I'd get them done tonight, Tzuyu. Of course, with your help." I winked at her but she looks away. I chose to brush it off because the food is waiting for me to devour them.

 

"Itadakimasu!" I can't wait to eat the yakisoba and tonkatsu with rice in front of me. I immediately grabbed the chopsticks to start eating the dishes rampagily. After a few minutes, I looked at Tzuyu who is just staring at me while I'm eating. I put down my chopsticks in embarassment.

 

"Is there a dirt on my face?" I unconsciously touched my face to feel if there is something on it because why in the world would she stare at me like that?

 

"No, there is none. It's just that you look really cute while eating, Sana." She said with a wide smile plastered on her face. I'm pretty sure I look like a tomato now. How can she blurt it out so naturally?

 

"Stop it Tzuyu! Why do you always tease me?" I playfully slapped her arm continuously as she kept on giggling.

 

"Okay okay you keep on eating while I wash the utensils." She stood up from the seat and she went in front of the sink. I could hear the sound of running water coming out of the faucet.

 

Tzuyu is always been pretty but she looks like a goddess when she is smiling. I bet she has a boyfriend but she doesn't mention anything about him.

 

"Tzuyu, do you have a boyfriend?" I asked casually as I put a piece of tonkatsu inside my mouth.

 

"Why do you ask?"

 

"Well, you're very popular with the guys and you are smart. I bet you can have any guy you like if you want."

 

"I don't have a boyfriend. I don't even have time to go on date. Thanks to someone who always need my help to study." She answered sarcastically as she washed the dishes.

 

"Sorry. Thank you for always helping me, Tzuyu." The room was filled with silence for a few seconds before Tzuyu spoke once again.

 

"But there is someone I like." She turned off the faucet and she shake off the water off her hands. Tiny droplets of water hit the stainless sink.

 

"Really?!" So Tzuyu is actually have someone she likes. "So have you told him yet?"

 

Tzuyu walk over the countertop to wipe dry the dishes. Her back is facing me.

 

"No."

 

"A secret crush?"

 

"You could say that."

 

"So what's he like? Is he handsome? Is he smart like you? Do you think it will work out?" I bombarded her with questions because I'm very curious and excited at the same time.

 

"I don't think it will work out. I think that person would never like me back." She answered lowly.

 

I can't see her face but I can feel the tinge of hurt in her voice. I feel sad for Tzuyu. Maybe I shouldn't have asked.

 

The doorbell rings.

 

"I'll get that!" I stood up from seat to open the door, revealing a girl with a monolid eyes naming Dahyun. My childhood friend and also my best friend. She is holding an album.

 

"Sana, I got you the new album of twice." She showed it out to me excitedly. I let her in inside my apartment.

 

"R-really?! That album came out today right? Oh my gosh!" I squeal loud.

 

I'm a huge fan of Twice. I bought their albums and I always watch their music videos on youtube to increase the views. They are my favorite girl group. Someday, I'll be able to attend their concert. Mark my words!

 

She hands it out to me. As always, she is very bright, smiling happily to me.

 

This is why I love my best friend so much!

 

"This is nice! Thank you so much Dahyun!" I yelled in happiness as I'm hugging Dahyun.

 

"You're too loud, Sana." Tzuyu said as she passed by us heading to her bag on the sofa, fixing her things. Dahyun frown seeing yoda.

 

"I didn't know you were here, Tzuyu. So that's why I sense something bad when I step in here." She said, raising her brow.

 

"I'm here because I'll tutor Sana. Is there a problem with that?" She answered nicely but her eyes implied the opposite.

 

What's the tension between these two? They are always like this everytime they see each other, leaving me in an awkward situation.

 

"Nothing." Dahyun crossed her arms.

 

Tzuyu is done fixing her things. She went straight inside my room.

 

"Just call me if you are ready to start our tutoring session." She said before she closed the door, leaving the two of us in the living room.

 

I wonder why they have this tension since they have known each other.

 

I scratched my head, trying to figure out why but I can't think of anything.

 

"Did she make all of this?" Dahyun asked as she eyed the meal on the dining table.

 

"Yeah. I've been dying to eat some real food. Her yakisoba is really the best!"

 

I'm living alone in this apartment since my home is far from school so no one is cooking for me. And If you're asking, "Why dont you cook for yourself?" It's because I can't. The last time I cooked, my apartment was almost in fire. So, I just settled to eat convenience store meals when Tzuyu can't cook for me.

 

"She did my laundry, too." I added.

 

"Aren't you a little too dependent on her, Sana?" I look down the ground, I was taken aback by her words. I didn't dare to speak. Dahyun turned her heels, heading to the front door. "If you're going to study, I'll go home."

 

"Uhmm okay. Thanks for the album and for coming all the way here. " I said I watch her wear her shoes.

 

"No problem. Seeing you happy is enough for me. See ya!" She said with a smile before leaving my apartment.

 

Too dependent on her, huh? So, what am I supposed to do?

 

I suddenly imagined her breath-taking beautiful face.

 

Lately, she stopped talking about herself. Wait, she said there is someone she likes so. I don't know why but I'm kinda sad to know that she has someone she likes. Stop thinking too much, Sana. You still have assignment waiting for you.

 

I knock on the door of my room.

 

"Tzuyu, let's start studying."

 

--------

 

 

The school bell rang. Dahyun stood up immediately and fetched her bag. She looks like she is in hurry. 

 

“Where are you going, Dahyun?” I asked her, holding her sleeve to prevent her from walking away.

 

“My mother wants me to buy something for dinner so see you tomorrow, Sana. I won’t go to the club right now.” She responded with a bright smile on her face. I let her go. That is unusual, she always waited for me even if I have job as the vice president of art club. Maybe I’m not just used to it.

 

--------

 

I clung my bag onto my shoulder then I leave the school. It started raining all of a sudden so I find a shed to put out my umbrella. I started walking forward but I suddenly heard arguing voices.

 

I hide on the walls and peeked a little to get a view who is the two people. It’s Dahyun and Tzuyu, though I can only see the latter’s back. They are arguing over something.

 

“What the , Dahyun?” I heard Tzuyu screamed in frustration. She grabbed Tofu’s collar. This getting out of hand. I was planning to stop them so I stood up.

 

“Hey, what-?“ But I froze on the spot when I saw how the taller girl pulled Dahyun by the collar resulting to a kiss I must say. I was shocked, I don’t know what to feel so I ran away.

 

----------

 

         Our English professor is teaching about something but I don’t care. My eyes are locked on Dahyun who’s sitting by the window. She was listening intently to the discussion.

 

That was her, right? I still can’t believe it and that was definitely a kiss right? So did Tzuyu mean Dahyun when she said it won’t work out? But they are both girls.

 

 I turned red as I realized that. Dahyun looked back to me.

 

“Miss Minatozaki, are you listening? This will be on finals.” I woke up from my deep thoughts. The professor eyed me.

 

“H-hai.” I answered hesitantly.

 

“Listen carefully so that you will not get low grades like the last time.” My classmates giggled as I give off a shy smile.

 

The heck Sana! I scold myself inside my head.

 

Tofu stared at me suspiciously. I pretended writing down notes to avoid her eyes.

 

-------

 

Our art department has a monthly school exhibit to encourage the members to showcase to other people their talent more. It was Tzuyu’s (aka the president of the department) idea to do this ritual to gain the confidence of the members and students with their self and talent.

 

“Is this okay?” Dahyun approached me, showing me her painting artwork for today’s club activity. She always consulted me first before passing her works. This is bad, I can’t look at her face.

 

“Come on tell me if I need to redo something here.” As I look at it, it is brilliant. Sometimes I can’t believe that some people are capable to do this magic with their hands. Actually, she is too talented that I think she should join competitions. For sure, she would win.

 

“The other members of the club should consult their works to me before posting it on our school exhibit but yours doesn’t need to, Dahyun.” I said nonchalantly.

 

“So should I take that to mean you trust me, Sana? I-It is the first time that you said that.” The white tofu looks red.

 

“O-Of course, you’re too great honestly.” I stuttered a bit as I realized I am actually complimenting her. “You pass that to Jihyo and go home.” I turned my back to hide my blushing face.

 

“Did something happen with you and Tzuyu?” she said seriously.

 

“W-with Tzuyu? No, nothing happened.” Damn maybe she noticed that I’m acting weird.

 

“Did Tzuyu said something about me?” Another serious question.

 

“L-like what?! N-No she didn’t say a-anything at all.” I scrambled my words. Jeez you sure is good at keeping your emotions, Sana. Way to go! I can’t tell her how Tzuyu feels about her.

“Oh well, whatever. See you tomorrow.” She proceeds to pass her work to the secretary Jihyo before leaving the room.

 

Is it possible that those two are going out? Maybe they didn’t want to tell me because they are both girls. I let out a deep sigh. I don’t want to think about this anymore! I have to concentrate in painting to get this done already. I can’t finish my work because there are too much inside my head right now.

 

My phone rang. It was Tzuyu.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Can you finish your painting today? Do you want me to extend the deadline?”

 

“Yes, Everything’s fine. I can do it!” I said with enthusiasm. What the hell I’m saying? It’s not fine at all.

 

“Okay I will move the deadline a bit. I will tell our adviser.” She said firmly.

 

“What? I told you it’s fine.”

 

“Productivity comes in waves. Don’t get cocky, Sana. Good luck!” Does Tzuyu can read my thoughts. I think it’s good that she extended the deadline because I’m really having a hard time to concentrate now.

 

“Okay, I’ll get it done!” I said excitedly. Huh? I can talk normally to her.

 

“Tzuyu? What’s wrong? Is there something wrong with works I have passed before?”

 

“Dahyun called me and she said you were acting strange. Is something going on?” So Dahyun called her.

 

 “Everything is fine Tzuyu. I’m not acting strange at all!” I said in denial.

 

“All right then.” A few seconds of silence before she spoke again. “Did Dahyun say something to you?”

 

The Tofu asked the same thing earlier, Did Tzuyu said something about me?”

 

“Sana?”

 

“Yeah? She didn’t say anything, no.” I clasped my fist. “Uh, I’m going to go to the bathroom. Bye.” I put down the phone, I didn’t wait for her to speak again.

 

I can’t believe it. The thing between them isn’t one-sided at all. I take a deep breath.

 

-----------

 

I am lying in sofa as I sort out my thoughts.

 

Why am I irritated? 

 

I recalled one time when we are walking together to go to school when we were in college.

 

“It’s pretty overwhelming to deal with studies and doing graphic design and arts at the same time for a living.” I yawned sleepily as I complained. I’m paying my school fees with my side line jobs since my parents can’t afford to send me here to Seoul to study college.

 

“Then you should just become full-time graphic artist.” She said nonchalantly. I looked at her with a confused expression.

 

“But if I quit college, I won’t have any marketable skills.” I looked at her with a confused expression.

 

“If ever you end up on streets, I will take care of you Sana.” She said with a small, warm smile. I blushed as I nod.

 

 

 

I didn’t realize I fell asleep while I was reminiscing. My eyes are half-open as I can still feel the sleepiness. It’s already dark as I haven’t opened the lights in the living room. I feel something on my lips, something is pressed against mine so I fully opened my eyes only to realize that its Tzuyu. She’s on top of me staring at me deeply that could draw holes. I was taken a back and surprised, I don’t know what to react. Before I could say something, she leaned in again to kiss my lips deeply.

 

“T-Tzuyu?!” I manage to slip away from her kiss for a moment but her hands make way to my jaw, turning our lips pressed together and harder and this time including her tongue making the kiss deeper than before. I can feel the building heat on my cheek as I realized what is happening. Tzuyu proceed to pull up my shirt until it reached my shoulder then planted several kisses on my body. I don’t know why I’m not stopping her, I’m just following my feelings and letting myself drown in this passionate affection.

 

 

------

 

 

A/N: Hi I am back, I am planning to write again. Sorry if I wasn't around for a long time. I hope you support me and this story. Feedback are very welcome, the author will greatly appreciate it. <3