Final

Perilous
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yerimmie, come downstairs and eat your breakfast!" Her mother called.

She ran downstairs, excited. She jumped up and down, her bright purple hair bouncing on her shoulders as she did so.

Today was a special day after all.

"What's gotten you so excited?" Jungeun, her other mother asked. She squealed, chewing fast so she could swallow the bread in and answer.

Jinsoul sighed, answering for her.

"She's going out to visi-" Her mother started but was abruptly cut off when she excitedly answered herself.

"I'm going to visit Grandma Haseul!!!" She cheered.

"That's today!?" Jungeun's eyes widened.

"YES!!!" She exclaimed.

Yerim smiled sheepishly when her mom narrowed her eyes at her for being so hyped. It's not that she was excited to see her grandmother since they always visit her during birthdays, it's just that she loved going outside.

It was rare for her to leave the house.

They lived near the dangerous forest so her parents had banned her from going outside, even if she only wanted to play in the backyard.

She didn't understand why her parents think that the forest was dangerous. Yes, it was most probably filled with ferocious animals who would eat you alive but there were other things too.

Like the tall trees and fresh air that surrounds the whole forest, or the cute little bunnies and flowers that hid in the shrubs, even the little birds and butterflies that flew in the air. It was just majestic.

Plus, the hint of dangerous aura that the forest gives off was very...very inviting.

So when an opportunity to go out presented itself, she didn't waste a moment to volunteer herself.

At first Jinsoul was totally against the idea, lecturing her about how dangerous it was.

"Yerim you can't, it's very dangerous to go out! Scary animals could be hiding everywhere." Her mother was stern but she knew that the pleading look she gave weakened her. Her puppy dog eyes always worked.

"Wolves can eat you!" The girl tried to scare her.

But it didn't work.

"Wolves don't exist mom. And if they did then they would be very kind, thank you very much." She rolled her eyes.

But her mother was adamant. "No. It's too dangerous."

Yerim sighed, depleting. She only had one more card left, hopefully it worked. She had to use her logic.

"But Grandma Haseul is living in the middle of the forest and she's not hurt! That means it's safe ma." At that Jinsoul pursed her lips. She inwardly smiled in triumph.

"That's differ- ugh fine. I won't win anyway, you can go." Her mom huffed.

"She'll be fine, Soul. Don't worry, ma's got her." Jungeun eased the girl's worries. She smiled.

This was a golden opportunity and she couldn't wait for it to come.

That was why she was practically jumping in her seat, chewing as fast as she could so that she can leave immediately.

"Yerim, slow down." Jungeun patted her back, she gave her mother a toothy grin.

Her other mom shook her head as she fixed the basket that she was taking with her. It was filled with adult things that Yerim didn't really care about and some sweets to keep her satiated.

"Okay baby, remember the things I told you?" Jinsoul looked at her with a stern expression.

"Yes ma. Go straight to Grandma Haseul's house and keep walking on the human trail. No lingering around." She repeated the words Jinsoul had told her a few nights before.

"And?" Her mother raised her eyebrows. She sighed.

"If I see a dangerous animal like a wolf or something, immediately shout Grandma Haseul's name and she'll come save me." Yerim said out loud, no matter how crazy it sounded to her.

If animals do show up, what would her grandmother even do?

She kept shut in case her mom changed her mind about letting her go.

"Okay, okay." Jinsoul nodded, she couldn't help the worry from showing on her face. Her mom wiped the crumbs from , she smiled warmly as she did so.

"I'll be fine, ma." She assured her mother. The girl ruffled her hair, standing up to take something from the rack.

"Don't forget your red coat." She brightly smiled at the sight of her favorite piece of clothing.

She sighed in relief after slipping it in, the smooth texture of the cotton felt like a warm embrace. She pulled the hood up before taking the basket from her mother's waiting hands.

Jinsoul hugged her daughter tight, closing her eyes to memorize her scent.

With a kiss to her mother's cheek, Yerim left her home alone for the first time since she was born.

............

The purple haired girl skipped her way in the forest, somewhat feeling excited.

It's the first time she was allowed to go out alone since she was always accompanied by her mothers. She grinned, they were starting to trust her to become independent.

She was growing up after all.

The green leaves that decorated the trees looked as majestic as ever. Now that she was alone, Yerim was able to carefully absorb the intricate details of the forest.

Her eyes widened when she noticed that the leaves weren't just green but a mixture of red and yellow ones blended in with it naturally.

She widely smiled, happy to see such a beautiful sight.

Looking around, she barely managed to stop a gasp from escaping her lips at the sight of a cute little deer. The tiny animal stared up at her with it's cute large doe eyes.

She cooed at it, going near to examine it closely.

"No! Please, don't go!" She cried at the deer when it tried to run away.

Maybe, it won't hurt to go off the trail for a little bit? She thought.

With hurried steps, Yerim followed the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter