Final

Crazy in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten-

“Miss Kang?” I immediately smiled when her honey voice called my name.

“Yes, Miss Bae?”

I think I would never be tired of looking at her. Her eyes were deep dark, her face’s shape was perfect. She was wearing a cold expression most of the time, but her smile was pretty. It suits her more.

She stared right in my eyes while I waited for her to speak.

“I have a meeting in ten minutes. Can you give me the documents?” She asked, and I handed it to her.

She turned around and stepped away.

“Blonde suits you.” I heard her say before walking out toward her office.

I died my hair this weekend. I wanted to try something new. New can be bad, right?

“Seulgi, please, remove this creepy smile from your face.” Sooyoung snapped at me, making me pout.

Sooyoung is my co-worker. She is the personal secretary of Jennie Kim, the President of RubyJane Entertainment. Me? I am the personal secretary of Joohyun Bae, the Vice President in the same company.

RubyJane Entertainment was one of the most famous business’ company. Jennie’s father created years ago, and at his death, Jennie took over the company. She was only twenty-three. The poor man died from a heart attack a few months ago. Jennie had that cold vibe. She scared everyone, even Sooyoung. The ex-Vice President quite his job just after Mister Kim’s death. I was working for him. He was quite nice. But I liked Joohyun better. She was five years older than her friend. She and Jennie were friends. I didn’t know much about it. But when Joohyun was with Jennie, she was smiling. Were they dating? No. Jennie had a girlfriend. Lalisa Manoban, the daughter of Marco Manoban, one of the most famous cook.

“She said blonde suits me.” I told Sooyoung, unable to remove that stupid smile of mine.

“I heard that. I still can’t believe you’re crushing on your new boss.”

I didn’t answer and went back to work. It was not just a crush. I really liked Joohyun. She’d been on my mind every day since she worked here. But who was I to like her? No one. I was no one, just Miss Bae’s secretary.

Looking at the documents in front of me, I noticed something. I forget to give my boss an important one for her meeting. I cast a glance at my watch. I had a bit more than five minutes.  

I reached her office’s door and was about to knock when I distinguished two familiar voices talking inside.

“I can’t do that, Jennie. You’re insane.”

“Am I the insane one? You’re crazy in love with her. Do you think I’m blind? I never saw you look at anyone that way before, Joohyun.” Jennie snapped with her cold tone.

My grin had quickly disappeared. I felt the tears threating to come out. I knocked and went it. Both women remained silent. I didn’t bow but didn’t bother to look at them. It ing hurt.

“Here, you will need this one for your meeting, Miss Bae.” I spoke and handed my boss the file.

“Thank you, Miss Kang.” I was ready to leave when she spoke again. “Can you stay here longer today? I will need you.”

Jennie cleared , and I answered.

“Sure, Miss Bae.” And then, I left.

What was I expecting? Her to like me back? It would never happen. She had already someone else. I never thought it would hurt that much. I wasn’t even able to look at her in the eyes.

“Seul? You okay? You look weird.” Sooyoung asked when I sat down at my desk.

“I’m just feeling tired.” I lied, and she bought it.  

 

++

 

I stayed late like Joohyun had asked me. I waited f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter