Birthday not ruined?

Unforgettable Birthday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi everyone and happy Seohyun Day first off, I haven’t had the chance to properly write a birthday fic for Seohyun who was always one of my faves and plus she’s a fellow cancer so automatically she’s a bias. Here’s a yoonhyun oneshot where poor Yoona just wants to make everything perfect for her wife on her birthday and of course everything that can go wrong will go wrong. But maybe all Seohyun wants is to be with her other half most of all. Please enjoy 

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, sleepyRu, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, pinkpinkypin, TwFishy, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Alexausta, Mmm2392, Seosunny, Seulbear9394, and cwright01. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^







 

Im Yoona may or may not be currently internally freaking out. The dark-haired woman looks calm and collected on the outside. But it is in fact a lie as truly she is not okay.

 

“Hyunnie’s birthday is coming up.” She looks at the calendar that has June. 28th circled with tiny hearts signaling its her wife’s birthday soon. Not that she needed a calendar to remember the love of her life’s birthday or anything. She would remember Juhyun’s birthday if it were the very last thing she could remember. The main reason she is freaking out inside is because what is she going to do about her wife’s birthday. 

 

“Okay, Yoong.” She thinks. “You’ve got a few more days to her birthday. It’s not a lot of time. But it’s better than no time. Now, what the heck are you going to do to make her birthday is the best day ever for her.”

 

Yoona sits and thinks. She takes out paper to try and write some ideas on but is drawing a blank for a long time. The woman sits there so long without anything written down she ends up throwing the paper away.

 

“Well, that’s not helping.”

 

Perhaps, a change of scenery will help her to think. Yoona grabs her wallet, keys, and jacket before heading out of their house. She hopes the fresh air will clear her mind and she can think better on what to do for Juhyun’s birthday. Last birthday was a simple one with dinner and a show. Juhyun seemed happy last year with that and Yoona would do whatever it takes to make her happy.

 

“What would she want.” Yoona wonders as she takes a walk around the city. She grabs coffee and sits down on a park bench. It shouldn’t be this difficult to think of a way to celebrate her wife’s birthday. They’ve been together a long time and that should make it easier, no? Maybe it would if Yoona wasn’t feeling nervous.

 

“Okay, I think I know what to do!” She feels a rush of energy as several possible thoughts enter her mind. Yoona has a few days to get everything in order, and so she should start now. The first thing she’s going to do is order some flowers. Sounds simple enough. Yoona makes her way to the flower shop she always buys flowers from. She has bought flowers here from the very first date she and Joohyun went on up until their wedding day, and even now for special occasions Yoona will get flowers here. The dark-haired woman enters the shop and doesn’t see the usual owner.

 

“Nothing to worry about.” Yoona thinks. Sure, she doesn’t see the usual owner but that doesn’t mean anything.

 

“Hi,” the current person at the register smiles. “What can I get for you?”

 

“Hi, I would like to buy some flowers for my wife. Her birthday is in a few days and I would like to have them delivered to our house on the day of her birthday.”

 

“Sure thing. We can certainly help with that. Would you like to pick out a specific flower arrangement?”

 

Yoona decides she’ll go with one of the advertised flower arrangements in the book. It is going to her wife’s birthday, so why not pick out some new and pretty flowers she hasn’t yet presented her with.

 

“I’ll take this one.” Yoona picks out the arrangement and asks for a simple but sweet card saying “happy birthday, to the love of my life”. 

 

“Okay, Ma’am. We’ll have this delivered on the day you specified. Have a good day.”

 

“Thank you, you have a good day too.” Yoona leaves from the flower shop and figures she should also do a cake order too. There’s a bakery she has used for all important occasions in their life together. Yoona bought cake here for their first year anniversary, she brought cake here celebrating their engagement, and their wedding cake was even bought from this one bakery. Yoona sees it as a bit of a good luck charm.

 

“Hi, I would like to place a cake order.” Yoona greets the bakery owner.

 

“Hi, Yoona.” The bakery owner smiles warmly. She’s been seeing Im Yoona for years and she is a valued customer. “Is it for Juhyun’s birthday?” The owner mentions her wife makes the dark-haired woman smile.

 

“Yes, it’s Hyunnie’s birthday in a few days and I want to order a cake.”

 

“Okay, no problem. Why don’t you just fill out an order sheet and we’ll have it ready for Juhyun’s birthday.”

 

Yoona steps off to the side and places an order for a birthday cake for her wife. It’s a simple and quick process that’s she's only been doing for what seems like forever, and after she’s done the bakery owner even hands her some free cupcakes. On her way home the dark-haired woman feels happy that she has gotten things done today. She’ll probably have a few more surprises in store for her wife on her birthday and they’ll celebrate it together just like they always do.

 

“I can’t wait for Hyunnie’s birthday.” Yoona thinks excitedly. Her biggest issue will be trying to keep it all a secret of course, because when she gets home and sees her wife is home as well. The dark-haired woman stands there and stares at the beautiful woman that she calls wife. Juhyun has this graceful and elegant look about her with soft and delicate features. Her hair is currently a light brown that’s framed nicely against her skin. Yoona remembers the first time she saw Seo Juhyun back in her early days of college and simply being stunned by the beautiful woman.

 

“Yoong?” She hears her name being called.

 

Yoona is standing there in silence and just staring. Juhyun frowns in concern at her wife who looks as if she’s in another world entirely. The dark-haired woman looks adorable to her with that faraway look in her doe-like eyes. Juhyun remembers seeing Yoona for the first time and thinking how she looked beautiful but reminiscent of a deer. 

 

“Yoong?” Juhyun repeats again and walks over to her. The brunette gently places a hand to her forehead just to see if her wife is actually alright.
 

“Oh, Hyunnie.” Yoona snaps out of her daze and smiles brightly at the woman who is the love of her life. “When did you get home?”

 

Juhyun can only smile softly at her adorable wife. She leans over and kisses the dark-haired woman’s cheek. Juhyun has been with Yoona ever since their early college days and it was truly easy to fall for the woman. Im Yoona was warm, kind, and affectionate in ways that Juhyun couldn’t ignore, even when at the time all she wanted to do was keep to her studies. 

 

“I just got home an hour or so ago. How was your day?”

 

The deer-like woman smiles and proceeds to kiss Juhyun on the lips. Yoona isn’t about to tell her wife that she spent her day off from work getting started on some birthday surprises for her.

 

“I slept for most of my day and then just went out for a walk. How was work?” Yoona tells her to sit and is about to make her some tea. Juhyun works as a Professor at the very same university they had attended, and Yoona knows how stressful being a teacher can be. It’s why she likes to make things a bit easier for her wife when she comes home from work, especially on the days that she is off from her own job. Yoona is a supervisor over other workers in an office building, so she’ll occasionally have the day off. 

 

“I had a good day.” Seohyun nods and thanks her wife for the tea with a kiss on the cheek. 

 

“I wish you would have ditched and stayed home with me.” Yoona tells her with a small laugh and holds her hand. Juhyun looks at her with a look that shuts her wife up immediately. Juhyun is just about the last person that would ditch her responsibilities. The only way Yoona could probably get her wife to take the day off is if she were sick, and even that Yoona isn’t too sure Juhyun would take off unless she was seriously ill.

 

“Don’t even joke like that, Yoong.”

 

“Haha,” She laughs a bit louder. “I’m kidding, Hyunnie.” Yoona promises and asks Juhyun if there is anything else she can do for her.

 

“Are you hungry? Do you want me to make you something to eat?”

 

“I would love something to eat, I didn’t actually have a chance to eat lunch today.”

 

Yoona frowns in concern when she hears that. She doesn’t like hearing that Juhyun didn’t have time to eat. Sometimes, her schedule can be hectic and things can’t always be helped. Yoona simply goes to make her something to eat.

 

“Hang tight, Hyunnie. I’ll make you something to eat.”

 

Juhyun smiles in thanks. Her wife is such a sweetheart and takes care of her well. The brunette knows how lucky she is to have a person like Yoona as her wife, and appreciates her for all the small things she does. Juhyun can remember the moment that she knew Im Yoona was the one, and she would marry her.

 

(Flashback)
 

Juhyun had just finished her classes for the day and retreated to the quiet of the library to study. Juhyun likes the library not only because it’s one of the best places she can study, or get homework done. The library is also a place she can de-stress from school and life. While, Juhyun is at the library she usually will shut off her phone to not be disturbed, or potentially disturb others around her. 

 

“Hyunnie?” She swears that she hears her name being called, only perhaps she is imagining such things. Juhyun looks back to her reading material and it’s maybe a minute later when she’s hearing her name again.

 

“Hey, Hyunnie?” Now that time it definitely sounded like her name, and it sounded like her girlfriend Yoona. She turns to the nearby window and sees Yoona standing there with a smile on her face and gesturing to a bento box.

 

“Yoong?” She smiles and walks over to the window. “What are you doing out here?”

 

Yoona knows sometimes her girlfriend gets caught up in her classes, studying, and not to mention the extra curricular activities she does outside of class. It’s why Yoona took it upon herself to go and get lunch for her.

 

“You didn’t get the chance to eat.” She tells Juhyun knowingly. Yoona grins at the look on her girlfriend’s face, because she knows that she didn’t eat yet.

 

“I bought you lunch. Can you take a break and eat something?”

 

Juhyun is touched by the sweet and thoughtful offer. She can’t possibly say no to such a considerate offer, and decides to study later. Juhyun would much rather eat the lunch her girlfriend went to get for her. It’s the moment she is walking outside to meet Yoona that Juhyun knows for sure this is the woman she will marry. Yoona stands there with that warm and gentle smile as she waits for her. 

 

“I promise it’s not anything unhealthy, Hyunnie.”

 

“Yes, she's the woman I’m going to marry.”


 

(End)


 

“Hey, where are you?” Yoona speaks and places the plate of food in front of her. “Are you feeling okay?”

 

“I’m fine, I was just thinking back to our college days.”

 

“Oh,” the dark-haired woman smiles. “We had some special moments in school, and that continued on all the way up till now. I just knew I was going to marry you one day.”

 

Juhyun nods and kisses her cheek. She knew Yoona would be the one she was going to marry too, and here they are happily married. 

 

“I knew that you were the one I was going to marry too, Yoona. Thank you for lunch, I’m just going to grade some assignments first, but afterwards I’m all yours.”

 

Yoona likes the sound of that. Plus, with Juhyun catching up on some work she can use the extra time to plan the other surprises she has in store for her wife. Juhyun kisses her once more before heading to her home office. Almost immediately after she’s alone Yoona takes out her phone. She has a few more calls to make but when it’s all over Juhyun will have the best birth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter