at the gym

Sweaty Saturday

“Babe, wake up! It’s Saturday!”

Minhee groggily opens her eyes, peeking over her blanket and groans loudly when her gaze meets the intruder’s ones. Grinning, Jeongguk walks to Minhee’s bed to sit on the edge of it, completely ignoring his girlfriend’s silent protest.

“Who the gave you key?” Minhee asked in frustration, glaring at the smug Jeongguk who’s starting to poke her side relentlessly.

“Yojeong did,” her best friend’s smirking face pops up immediately and as much as Minhee loves her, Yojeong deserved a long rant about it. Jeongguk’s sneaky hands snap her out of her trance. She knows that her boyfriend is doing this on purpose. Minhee’s hate for being tickled isn’t a secret and now, he keeps doing that.

Plus, it’s Saturday morning. Being tickled in Saturday morning definitely isn’t Minhee’s cup of tea.

“Stop it,” she hisses while swatting Jeongguk’s hands. Jeongguk doesn’t surrender instantly. The said man even has the guts to scoot closer and continue his attacks. Minhee quickly grabs his right hand and takes it to , sinking her teeth right on it which causes her boyfriend letting a yelp.

“Hey, that’s unfair!”

“I told you to stop, didn’t I? Now, what do you want?”

Rubbing on the area while grimacing at the teeth mark, Jeongguk pouts. “You promised me that you’d go to the gym with me today.”

“When did—”

Minhee stops her attempt to protest because she recalls that she indeed did promise to go to the gym today. Jeongguk had also promised her to buy her lunch for the following week. It isn’t fair but Minhee is weak for food, especially free food. Besides, Jeongguk has his own way to persuade Minhee and it’s really corny but Minhee is also weak for Jeongguk.

“You remember now?”

Minhee starts having a second thought about it. Food and Jeongguk are her weaknesses, yet it’s the sacred Saturday morning. In addition, Jeongguk’s teasing tone isn’t really pleasing either. It irks her so much that the thought of letting go of free food becomes so tempting.

After contemplating and giving Jeongguk enough time to fiddle with her fingers, Minhee pulls her blanket and snuggles back into her blanket. “Forget it. I can afford my own lunch without you,” she mumbles as she turns her back on Jeongguk, completely missing the smirk on her boyfriend’s face.

“Oh, really?”

 

The road isn’t as crowded as the weekdays so Jeongguk doesn’t really have to keep pressing on the gas pedal to speed up his car when he has a chance. He has intended to drive slow and steady, enjoying the short ride to the gym. He glances at his companion who’s sitting with a frown on her face and body sliding down so much that Jeongguk starts worrying about her back.

“Babe, stop sulking.”

“Don’t ‘babe’ me. I hate you.”

“You promised, though.”

Minhee only gives him a cold look before looking back at her phone. Jeongguk chuckles. He’s already glad to coax Minhee to go to the gym with him. He’s definitely eager to see what will happen at the gym. Teasing Minhee is really fun. Whenever his girlfriend glares at him for being teased, Jeongguk merely finds her cute rather than intimidating. He loves her blushing face too.

Jeongguk’s love for Minhee is somehow similar to puppy love. Teasing the one he loves means the same as showing his love.

“Wipe that stupid smirk of yours. “

“Why don’t you wipe it by your kiss?”

Her girlfriend groans loudly, pulling her hoodie to cover half of her blushing face out of embarrassment.

 

Minhee wipes her sweat and peeks at the clock hanging on the wall. It’s only been thirty minutes since they arrived and started the workout but Minhee has already felt like dying. She was only told to run on the treadmill, yet it is really difficult and tiring and really, can’t she sign out from this as soon as possible?

She glances at her boyfriend who’s doing the exact same thing next to her. Jeongguk really suits this place. The said man doesn’t even look tired. In fact, Jeongguk looks like he’s really enjoying it. His eyebrows furrow and he keeps his gaze focused on the wall in front of him. He parts his lips a bit to breathe easier. His shirt has already drenched in sweat and his bangs look sticky because damn, he’s really sweating that much.

The sight makes Minhee’s blood rushing quickly to her cheeks and her face has already become red out of exhaustion, to begin with. However, Minhee won’t even deny that his boyfriend looks hot and she’s kind of losing her concentration, letting her feet moving by her own. Eventually, Minhee gives up running. She decreases the pace step by step until it stops. She steps down from the treadmill to sit on the bench not too far from the treadmill.

“Hee, are you blushing?”

Minhee hastily turns her head to her boyfriend who gives her a teasing look. She rolls her eyes, hands fanning her face that grows hotter at the sight of Jeongguk running out of breath but still manages to look stunning. Of course, Minhee won’t say that.

“It’s overheated, you moron.”

“Are you sure it’s not because of me?” Minhee is actually grateful that she can still manage to roll her eyes and look annoyed. Although, it doesn’t seem like it bothers her boyfriend. The said man merely shrugs and his smirk is growing wider, seating next to her. “You should be thankful that I’m still wearing my shirt.”

“Why should I?” Minhee asks, trying to look nonchalant when the image of Jeongguk being shirtless after working out has already haunted her since she ran on the treadmill.

“You’d hyperventilate again like that time if I weren’t.”

“Yeah? Try me.”

Jeongguk sends her the final challenging look before standing up in front of Minhee. Minhee can only blink at the way her boyfriend takes his shirt off and shakes his head to dispose of his sweat. He pushes his bangs backward to prevent the sweat falls on his face while throwing his shirt on the bench. Minhee can see drops of sweat slowly falling on his bare chest.

She starts having difficulty to breathe properly so her instinct tells her to flee as far as she can from shirtless Jeongguk.

But, it isn’t Jeongguk if he lets her girlfriend out of the hook. Minhee feels a hand tightly gripping on her wrist and the next thing she knows, she’s already sitting on Jeongguk’s lap with Jeongguk’s arms circling on her body. Minhee freezes for a while when she feels Jeongguk’s solid chest colliding with her back. She can’t say that it’s comfortable because both of them are drenching with sweat but the feel of Jeongguk’s chest is enough to send blood rushing to her face.

Minhee’s squeak is silenced by a pair of lips that crash on her own. By reflect, Minhee’s hand comes up to push Jeongguk away but her boyfriend grabs it before she can push him. Her hand comes in contact with Jeongguk’s chest. She can feel the sweat dripping under her palm and how his abs slightly moving according to his breath.

Her brain goes blank when Jeongguk tilts his head more to deepen the kiss. Minhee gasps for air but Jeongguk slides his tongue instead, making the rosy color on Minhee’s cheeks grows even redder. When Minhee gasps for the second time, Jeongguk finally pulls back.

“The gym isn’t so bad, is it?” he whispers breathily, grinning from ear to ear.

Minhee shoves Jeongguk’s head, glaring hard at her boyfriend. She quickly stands up and scurries over their bag, moving as far as she can from Jeongguk who still has that stupid grin on his face. Grumpily, Minhee takes the water bottle and drinks it fast to hide her embarrassment.

Meanwhile, Jeongguk can’t hide his amusement as he laughs quiet loudly at his girlfriend's reaction. It really amuses him how flustered Minhee can be if it comes to him. His heart suddenly feels full of warmth as he recalls how Minhee reacted to his kiss.

When he turns around, a guy sends him a disapproving look.

“Don’t worry, man. She’s my girlfriend,” he grins, loving the ‘girlfriend’ word rolls perfectly on his tongue.

The guy skeptically raises an eyebrow, judging stare doesn’t weaken for a bit at the statement. “Really?”

“Yeah, I’m serious,” Jeongguk laughs. “Thanks for looking out for her, though. Please continue doing that if you ever see someone apparently being harassed,” he nods to the guy before catching up to Minhee.

 

“It wasn’t as bad as you thought, was it?”

Minhee has lost count at how many times she glared at Jeongguk today. She’s glad that it’s already over and they can go out to eat something because Minhee has spent her energy enough to feel like actually dying.

“Shut up. I’m going to rob all of your money from now on. Just so you wait.”

“You can rob all of my feelings and I won’t ask you to give it back.”

“Argh, just focus on the road, will you?” she groans, hand lightly punches Jeongguk’s arm.

Jeongguk laughs quietly. “But, well, I can’t wait for another gym day with you.”

“There won’t be next time. It’s only a one-time thing.”

“Sure, babe,” Jeongguk hums. “Let’s just see, shall we?”

The sight of shirtless Jeongguk drenched in sweat comes back to her mind. She gasps silently before fiddling with her phone, sending an S.O.S text to her best friend and demanding her to take back the key she has given to Jeongguk.

“Oh, if you ask Yojeong to take the key back, she won’t, though. She has already made another spare key so she said I can have it.”

Minhee can’t wait to tackle her best friend.