Final 2.2

Here's My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final 2.2

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona doesn't feel any anxiety anymore as she wears the brightest smile she could ever do while driving her car on her own. Next to her, her mother, who is looking so pretty as her. It's just a 30-minute drive to the beach, where the wedding ceremony will be held.

 

"Do you still remember the first time I walk you to your first class?" Mrs. Im felt like reminiscing when her little Yoona is just that small and innocent.

 

"During Nursery?" Yoona smiled as she glances to her mother. She doesn't remember every detail of her childhood but she knows it's during that time.

 

"Yes." Mrs. Im softly replied. "I was excited because my daughter, my youngest can finally leave the house and make friends with her classmates. I don't have a good sleep that time because I was thinking of possible scenario when you are finally in school. I was a little scared that some will not be friendly towards you."

 

"But you told me I was too friendly that everyone likes me."

 

"I was totally surprise. I mean, I don't bring you a lot outside that you always play in your playroom. You were this talkative girl that your teacher is also fond of you. Not to mention, smart."

 

"You raised me well, Omma." Yoona proudly says, smiling back sweetly to her mother. "And I'm so proud of that." she added in a whisper. Her mother took her hand and held it.

 

"I'm so happy that I will be giving you to someone I also love. I wish you guys have a happy marriage. You put what I told you in mind always, okay?"

 

"I would never forget that Omma. It's already secured and ready to be used." says Yoona, warmly smiling. What her mother had been saying is always helpful for her. That's why she's a successful Direcotr in the company she's working and soon, she might be the next President.

 

"How about you, Yoona? Do you still remember the last time you walk Seohyun home or anywhere to make sure she's safe and sound?"

 

The doe-eyed nodded. "I've been doing that since we dated. But the first time I did that was when her best friend suddenly came to the picture." she shares as her mind flashes back to the past.

 

Flashback...

 

Yoona is driving back home peacefully while singing a song as her radio is the only thing that's accompanyinh her. She had a long day again and she wanted to relax while she got more time. She's planning to treat her mother with samgyupseol as soon as she arrives later.

 

However, she hasn't even reached home when she caught someone at the bus stop. Her mind changes as she hastily turns the car and stopped in front of the young Acrhetict. "Yah! Why are you still there?" She shouted as soon as the window rolls down.

 

"Omo, Director Im." Seohyun get up and took only a few steps to have a closer look of the deer. "I am waiting for someone right now."

 

"Who?"

 

"Yuri."

 

Yoona's bright face slightly paled when she heard the name. She took a glance of the time on her wrist watch. "Isn't late already?"

 

"She's on the way."

 

"She sent you a message?"

 

Seohyun shook her head. "I just feel like it." and smile reassuringly.

 

"What?! Are you kidding me? Did you even call her?" Yoona ask in disbelief.

 

"I did, earlier."

 

"What did she say? She never told you she's coming, wasn't she?"

 

Seohyun sighs. "I'll be fine. I know she reads my message." And she can sense the latter want her to ride with her.

 

"Aish, hold on." Yoona didn't think twice and she parked the car in the right place and quickly stepped out of it, meeting the young Architect half-way. "Give me your phone." she ask her.

 

"For what?"

 

"I'll call her."

 

"There's no... need." Seohyun sighs in defeat, taking out her smartphone from the pocket of her blazer. As she hands it, she sent her a suspicious stare.

 

Yoona did not waste a second and she scrolls down her contacts and stopped at Yuri's contact ID that was saved as 'Yuling'. She did not confirm it from Seohyun and just pressed the call button. It rings immediately but the next line wouldn't answer. "She's not answering."

 

"She's now on the way, how would she answer it?" Seohyun chuckled but stating the facts.

 

"Really? She's riding on a bike?" Yoona questioned.

 

"Nope. Bus."

 

"Then she would have answered that right away. But this just means, I'm dropping you home, araso?"

 

"W-Wait!" Seohyun tried to stopped the deer from dragging her but she was strong and she couldn't stop her. She ends up sitting on the passenger seat and the deer is smiling victoriously. "You haven't even been to my apartment." she mumbles while buckling her seatbelt.

 

"This is the first time then." Yoona smiled smugly as she the engine and drives off carefully. "You tell me the direction."

 

"Just head straight to Gangnam."

 

"Oh, your apartment is there?"

 

Seohyun nodded and smile proudly.

 

"Wow, which means you have the best place in Seoul." Yoona reacted exaggeratedly as she knows the Gangnam District has the most expensive apartments. "One day, I'll get one." She shared dreamily.

 

"Nah, your home is what I am dreaming of also. I mean, you're in the best neighborhood with hi-tech homes. Not to mention, you're living with your mon." said Seohyun, feeling envy. Being raised in a wealthy family, she doesn't always rely on her parents. But it's just means, she has to stand on her feet alone.

 

"I would definitely like to live like you too. But my mother raised us alone. Don't think I can let that happen. Maybe one day, when I found the person I will marry." Yoona said as she unconsciously glanced to Seohyun, who smiled back at her.

 

"You. You haven't dated anyone, have you?"

 

"Of course, I did. But that was when I am still in high school."

 

"What?" Seohyun's eyes widened. "That rumor was true all along?"

 

"What rumor?" Yoona laughs lightly.

 

"I mean, during our Junior High, I've heard rumors that you and... Hara are an item." Seohyun recalls it. She wasn't surprised about it that time because she knows her vice president is such a charming person.

 

"So, you still remember that." Yoona is amuse but in awe at the same time. "But that's not true. I dated a childhood friend of mine. She was a year older and she's in a different school."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun is curious. "What's her name?"

 

"Stephanie Hwang. We dated for few months only as she went abroad to continue her studies."

 

"So, she's still there?"

 

Yoona nodded and flashes a charming smile.

 

"I see... " The young architect also nods and sighs. 'That's too bad. If she didn't leave, they are probably still dating.' much to her dismay, she suddenly felt jealous and she hates it.

 

"But that was just a puppy love. I mean, I don't think we will end up marrying each other." Yoona additionally says, feeling nostalgic as she recalls her in junior high. "Someone is meant for me... and it's not her. But I will be willing to wait until it's time. How about you?"

 

"Me? Of-of course I did. When I was in college."

 

"Who?"

 

"Some random."

 

Yoona burst out laughing. "Are you insane? How can you date someone and call it 'random'?"

 

"Ugh, it was just a one-sided love, okay? I don't want to share about it." Seohyun crossed her arms and puffs an air while she couldn't look at the deer.

 

"Hey." Yoona tried to make her face her again by poking her arm as her focus are on the road.

 

"What?" Seohyun couldn't really turn to her. She's embarrassed with her confession.

 

"Can I tell you an advice?"

 

"Whatever." Seohyun yanks the doe-eyed's hand as she remains facing the window.

 

Yoona giggles. She pauses for a couple of second before she softly says, "Life is too short. Live with someone who is crazy about you."

 

Seohyun's heart skips a beat as she slowly turned her head and look at her in disbelief. "What?"

 

"I mean, don't waste time with someone who can't make you smile, laugh, happy. You will regret, I tell you."

 

"Coming from you?"

 

"Yah! I'm serious." Yoona chuckled softly. "Please take that seriously too."

 

Seohyun unconsciously hits her arm earning a laughter instead. She blushes however because she thought of her as this someone that's crazy about her. She hopes she's right.

 

"Hey, you want to have some coffee first?"

 

"Just bring me home straight."

 

"Where's your car by the way?"

 

"My best friend borrowed it."

 

"That make sense. You lied." Yoona realized and sent the younger girl a smirk.

 

"Yeah, right." Seohyun sighed for being caught and mentally scolded herself for being careless. "She told me she will be coming back with the car so I waited in the bus stop. But it seems... she forgot."

 

Yoona just smiled in amusement. She doesn't have any regrets turning her car back and change her plan. "Omo." However, she suddenly thought of her mother that she had promised to bring to a barbecue restaurant later.

 

-

 

"Walking me home is not a good idea." Seohyun sure she's being spoiled once the doe-eyed decided to walk her until in front of her door.

 

"Who says?" Yoona playfully replied while walking side by side with her as they head to the lift.

 

"Im Yoona. Stop being non sense." Seohyun lowly replied.

 

"You're the one who is nonsense." Yoona chuckled amusingly and tried to see the latter's face but she turned her head away.

 

As they reached the lift, "What floor?" She asked her casually.

 

"Eleventh floor."

 

"Wow, that's quite high."

 

"The building is full; how can you choose your own floor? I just hope it won't quake. I mean, not that strong. The building is not made for earthquakes. I really think the government should make a law about this. Like don't allow a company to build that's not good for earthquakes. It would really save so many lives." Seohyun know it well. She wanted to live in a more solid building but she can't afford them. At least she's in a good and secured apartment building. Not to mention, friendly neighbors. "Wae?" She got confused when doesn't heard any response.

 

Yoona smiled genuinely. "I was just amazed. Not all people think like you. And I think that's the reason we understand each other." She quietly wishes at the back of her head that the younger knew what she meant.

 

Seohyun got shy and blushes. "Whatever." She whispers to herself.

 

-

 

A long yet regretful sigh escapes the deer's lips as soon as the door in Seohyun's apartment closes in front of her. She wanted to say something before she goes but she just said goodnight and so as her. She couldn't knock however and left the door casually to the lift.

 

Fortunately, her phone suddenly rang. She instinctively took it out of her pocket and brightens when she reads it's the young architect. She cleared and calm herself first before she answered it. "What's up?"

 

[Are you still in the parking lot? I forgot my bag.]

 

"Still in the elevator. I'll get it then. Just stay there."

 

[No, it's-]

 

"Don't waste your energy when you have me. I'll be there with your bag before you know it." Without waiting for her reaction, she ended the call herself. Her smile returns as she looked up to the number floors flashing before her eyes. It only took a few minutes as she arrived at the ground floor.

 

She casually unlocks her car while heading to it when suddenly she recognized Seohyun's own car, slowly taking its time to park. She doesn't know what got into her but she went to hide behind a car as she peeks to see if it's really Yuri who borrowed it.

 

Just then, someone stepped out of the passenger seat's side followed by Yuri from from the deiver's seat.

 

'Who is that?' Yoona raises her eyebrows while she's watching them close. But her eyes widened when she saw how that unknown lady took out some sort of a powder from her pocket and handed it to Yuri. 'Is that some... Illegal drugs?' She didn't blink anymore as Yuri even smelled it before putting it inside her pocket. 'She's a doctor, wasn't she? Why is she doing this?'

 

Yuri and her friend went to the lift and disappears in no time. Yoona quickly took the bag from her car and rushed to the elevator. She took the opposite side in order to avoid the two.

 

A huge sigh of relief escapes the deer's lips like she saw some crime but something hit her. "Does Seohyun knows her best friend is doing this? If she does, she already stopped her though. So, I'm pretty sure she's doing this behind her. I can't imagine her reaction if she learned this. She will hurt her - I can't allow that. I can't." she frustratingly ruffled her hair, knowing she can't also tell her about it. "Why did I have to see that?!" she felt like having some mental break down anytime soon.

 

*ding*

 

But before she can lose consciousness, she has to pull together herself as she arrived in the floor where Seohyun's apartment is located. She however pressed her ear against the door of her apartment first to confirm her instincts that they visited Seohyun. Fortunately, she couldn't hear any voices except from a television.

 

Her phone suddenly rings under her pocket, she hastily took it and rang the doorbell. "I'm back." she said as she answers the phone call from the young architect. She didn't let her react as she ended the call right away and the door opens.

 

"You are indeed-Wait!" Seohyun did not continue her words anymore when the deer walked inside her apartment and look around. "What are you doing?" she chuckled in amusement.

 

'So they did not visited her. Which means, that lady is living in this building?' Yoona can confirm. They were pretty close earlier so she can't be wrpng about it.

 

"Yah! Director Im!" Seohyun snapped a finger in front of the doe-eyed which snaped her back to reality.

 

"Did Yuri call you while I was away?" Ask Yoona that instant.

 

"Nope. She never contacted me since this morning. I mean when she borrowed my car. That's the last time we talked. Waeyo? Did she contact you?" Seohyun raises her eyebrows.

 

The doe-eyed shook her head. "I was just hoping she would since it's too late now for that. Maybe tomorrow morning she will." She smiled in relief and handed her bag. "Here."

 

"Thanks. But don't leave yet. You deserve a cup of coffee." Seohyun pushed the deer to her sofa. "Stay." And asked her before leaving to the kitchen.

 

Yoona smiled unconsciously as she watches the young architect left but her attention almost immediately shifted to a picture frame on top of a night stand next to the sofa. She pouted her lips to see Yuri is all smiling with her best friend yet she's hiding something. 'How can she do this to her? I thought they are best friends? She will be hurt. But I hope she leaves that kind of thing. Otherwise, it will ruin her life.' She just hopes for the best for Yuri. She's already an adult and knows what she's doing. There's no reason for her to scold her.

 

"I really owe you tonight." Seohyun's voice was heard loud enough from the kitchen. The young architect is waiting for the coffee maker to finish grinding the coffee beans. "I mean, you give me a ride and also brought my bag back."

 

"Oh, that's nothing. I can't just let you waste your energy you know when you have me." Yoona playfully replied. Her attention is now shifted to the TV screen which is showing a drama.

 

"Nah, you're really just giving me this treatment I don't deserve." Seohyun said and smiled, flattered by the kind gestures she's showing towards her.

 

"Who says it? That's not true." Yoona disagrees. "You are not a simple person. You're special."

 

Seohyun rolled her eyes. "Stop the nonsense, Im Yoona."

 

"I never tell lies."

 

The next words cause her to smile like a fool and she can't help but bit her lower lip.

 

"You love watching dramas, aren't you?" Yoona casually changed the topic.

 

"Who doesn't love it?" Seohyun chuckles softly.

 

"Me." Confessed Yoona playfully.

 

"Ha! I doubt you!" As the coffee finally finished, Seohyun returned to the living room with it. She took her seat beside her and placed on top of the coffee table. "It's still too hot. Let it rest for a while."

 

"Thanks." Yoona says as she smiles sweetly. "You really need someone in this apartment." But she realized something.

 

"Nope. Why would I need one?"

 

"Because you deserve someone to be with you." Said the deer as a matter of fact. She wiggles her eyebrows in the process. "I mean, you have a good place and it's a shame you live her alone. You need someone to take care of this place while you're away."

 

Seohyun hits the doe-eyed on her arm. "I don't need a maid when they have room services here."

 

"Oh, this is like a hotel?"

 

"There's nothing to be surprised! As if she hasn't been this kind of apartment. Tsk,tsk." Seohyun questioned her honesty as she looked at her suspiciously.

 

"You're right. But still believe you need someone that can protect you not just make you happy." Yoona grinned and wiggles her eyebrows.

 

"You need some coffee to lighten up your head." Seohyu said and pushed the doe-eyed playfully through her forehead earning giggles. She shakes her head in disbelief while watching her taking her first sip of the coffee she made. She unconsciously smiled, looking at how satisfied she is.

 

"What if I tell you I want to be that person?" Yoona confessed as she put the coffee down and seriously stares back at Seohyun. "I want to be that person that can protect you, take of you anytime. Simply I just want to be that person who you like also." She added, couldn't let the night passes without telling her what she feels about her. The thought of Yuri being a bad person just irks her and she wanted to keep her safe. But she can't do that without telling her what she really feels about her since these past weeks.

 

Seohyun is speechless and started fluttering. But before she knows it, Yoona moves closer and held her face.

 

"I love you. I love you...Seo Joohyun." Yoona confessed sincerely. She waited for a couple of seconds for her reaction but all that she does is looked at her in surprise. Something suddenly took her and she slowly lean in forward and captured her upper lips, then her lower while her eyes are close.

 

Surprised by the sudden move, Seohyun however couldn't push her anything as she finds herself closing her eyes and kiss her back. It feels so right and good that it's like her soul left her body. She couldn't breathe for a couple of seconds as their kiss gets passionate. Her arms wrapped around her neck unconsciously as the doe-eyed also brought hers around her waist, pulling her close to her to feel their heated bodies, as they long for more.

 

After a while, when the air is needed, they both are broke it together and smile at each other while catching on their breath. Yoona caresses her face as she lightly kissed her forehead. She looked at her so deep in her eyes, trying to read it. But her quiet nod just confirmed what she had been waiting to see. She hugs her and whispers, "From now on, you will no longer be alone." without a doubt.

 

Seohyun is like the happiest savoring their moment together, as a couple now.

 

End of Flashback...

 

"Yuri, she's coming."

 

Yoona stopped the car abruptly upon hearing the news from her mother. She looked at her in disbelief. "Who told you?"

 

"Seohyun just sent me a message." Mrs. Im showed the text message from her phone.

 

Snatching the device, Yoona cursed under her breath.

 

Yuri just arrived from Spain. I'm happy to see her back after all these years, Auntie.

 

"You haven't told her, have you?" Mrs. Im knew since her daughter discovered Yuri is one of drug dealers in Seoul the Police are hunting.

 

"After the wedding. I will let her know. But Yuri promised me that she will not stay with her but she broke it. I can't trust her anymore." Yoona's worries returned as she didn't expect for Yuri to return. She confronted her four years ago about it and ask her to stay away from if she can't leave such business. She did leave the country but is now back for her wedding. "I can't let her ruin this day either." Giving back her mother's phone she hastily turned the engine back and drives off. This time, she speeds up.

 

Meanwhile, Seohyun is laughing and talking immensely with her parents when the assistant organizer has announced they're now ready to go. Her father helps her to get up and held her long dress from the back as her mother held her hand. She can't stop smiling as she felt excited while imagining how will her fiancée react once she saw her in the aisle. She felt butterflies on her stomach more than every time she kisses the deer.

 

"You alright?" Mrs. Seo asks playfully as she guided her daughter inside the car.

 

"Of course, Omma. Thanks for coming even for a short notice." Seohyun said, happy to see both of her parents to be honest. She knows they're too busy but just a short notice, they immediately travelled to Jeju to attend the wedding.

 

"Yah! It's your day. The most important day of your life. I and your father can't skip this. Even though you never shared the planning to us. We are both excited and happy for you, Seo Joohyun." Mrs. Seo said as she gives her daughter a comforting hug.

 

"I may be disappointed too that you and Yoona did not ask any advice from us, we both know you guys can handle the planning. That's the reason we never hesitate to approved Yoona's proposal of marriage for you." Mr. Seo shared his thoughts too while he is in the passenger seat and his wife and daughter are in the backseat.

 

Seohyub is beyond proud to have parents like them. Despite all the disappointments, they remain understanding and is happy for every decision she made.

 

She however finds herself reminiscing the past, especially the first time her parents learned that she's dating Yoona.

 

Flashback...

 

[Stop texting me for a while. I'm in a meeting.]

 

Yoona sent her girlfriend a warning message before one of the Directors can scold her. The latter is being too sweet yet flirty at the same time. It's making her want to end the meeting right away and go to her to be by her side again. But she can't risk her job.

 

Seohyun: Okay, Sweetie. I'll see you later tonight. Love you.

 

She smiled like a fool after reading her last message.

 

To Seohyun: I love you too, Babe. I'll fetch you at 5pm.

 

Seohyun: Can't wait to see you. I miss you so much.

 

Yoona couldn't believe her girlfriend. They just met early in the morning and now she's missing her.

 

To Seohyun: I miss you too. I mean, I miss you every second you are not by my side. I am not hugging you or kissing you.

 

Seohyun: I thought I have to stop texting you. You are the one who can't. But can't wait to sleep in your arms again. Your warmth gives me life.

 

Yoona giggles upon reading such flirty words. She couldn't stop herself and reply immediately.

 

To Seohyun: I just to make sure we ended this convo on a good and sweet note. If I am your heater, you're my pleasure. I keep wanting you every night and I'm so addicted to you.

 

Seohyun: naughty.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter