part two

pretend

Wonyoung froze, and slowly turned around. There she saw, Kim Chaewon, standing infront of her while smiling widely at her. She's just simply wearing a dress with a denim over alls, but to Wonyoung, she's absolutely breathtaking.

 

 

Chaewon looked confusedly at Wonhyun. She waved her hands to the dazed boy infront of her. “Hello? Earth to Wonhyun?” She said and Wonhyun snapped back in reality.

 

 

Wonyoung nervously laughs, scratching her nape awkwardly. “H-Hello, Chaewon-unn— noona. Hehe.” She almost slipped and she mentally smacked herself. Thank goodness Chaewon didnt understood it and smiled at her. Well, Wonhyun is only one year older than Wonyoung, and Chaewon is two years older than Wonyoung, so technically, the president is their noona/unnie.

 

 

“I think i didnt arrived late, no?” The orange head asked, smiling shyly. Wonyoung immediately shook her head, “Nope! I just arrived about three minutes earlier.” She answered, trying to make her voice a little bit deeper. Chaewon stared at her and chuckled. “Good to hear. Let's go? The place is fifteen minutes away.” She exclaimed.

 

 

Wonyoung nodded. “Uhhh yes! Let's go?” She muttered, and started to walk, she also made sure that Chaewon is also matching her pace and walking beside her.

 

 

They were quiet but not that awkward, Wonyoung is just— nervous wreck. With a sigh, the taller started to think for a topic, she tried to remember what she topic she can insert in this silent atmosphere. She cleared when she finally got one.

 

 

“Uhhh, i still cant believe you're a student council president.” She said, voice husky as she putted her hands on her pocket. She remembered how bewildered her brother is when she learned that Chaewon is a president of the student council, and would even ask time to time if it was real. A perfect topic, she also knew what's going around their school anyways.

 

 

Chaewon chuckled, and it's so melodic. “You still cant believe that. I'm indeed the President of the Student Council of ENOZI University.” She replied, grinning. Wonyoung nodded, looking around. “Well, it's just so unreal to have a date with a girl like you.” The taller answered, she also answered that as Wonyoung.

 

 

The orange head responded with a sweet smile that made Wonyoung blush. Fixing her posture, she spoke again, as much as possible she needed to carry the conversation because she's the guy and Wonhyun is really talkative. “Well, i havent told you that i have a younger sister who attends the same school with you.” Wonyoung said. Wonhyun is probably too shocked that he forgot to mention that his lil sis attend the same Uni.

 

 

Chaewon nodded. “Oh. You havent. But let me guess, it's Jang Wonyoung, right? I forgot to mention how you looked like so much her when you sent a selca.” She said, and when the orange head mentioned her name, Wonyoung's heart skipped a beat again. She felt giddy.

 

 

“Uhh, yea, haha. We're really almost identical,” She replied. “Do you guys know each other? Is she doing well in school?” She asked, puckering her lips and looking at the other girl, with hopeful eyes.

 

 

“We do know each other, we sometimes bump into each other and talk a bit. And dont worry, your sister is the epitome of perfect.” Chaewon answered with a bright smile, Wonyoung can tell that the orange head is telling the truth, Chaewon doesnt lie in the first place anyway.

 

 

Wonyoung grinned at her, then turned away to make some faces out of happiness before clearing again then answered. “That's good then!” She said, smiling happily. Chaewon simply chuckled at her.

 

 

They talked about stuffs as they made their way towards the old theme café around the corner. Wonyoung is enjoying it so much, she's on a date with her crush— well as her brother but she tried to push off that thoughts and enjoy it as Wonyoung, as herself.

 

 

After a while, they reached the place. Wonyoung jogged to the entrance and pulled the door open for Chaewon. The orange head blushed and smiled at her gesture before walking down first. Wonyoung followed with a idiotic grin.

 

 

The café is not crowded, there's about two couples hanging around. They picked the table near the counter, Wonyoung, as a gentleman— woman, she is— pulled a chair for Chaewon first before settling on the other opposite. A worker went over their table to give the menu. With no hesitation, they grabbed it and scanned it— finding the food that they're craving to eat.

 

 

When they finished ordering, Wonyoung volunteered to go to the counter and pay. Chaewon insisted to pay half but of course, the other refused and immediately stood up to order. The orange head just shook her head in amusement, watching Wonhyun intently as the guy talked to the worker.

 

 

He came back after a while, wearing the charming grin that made Chaewon swoon. The orange head thought that Wonhyun and Wonyoung got the same exact smile, and whenever Wonyoung smiles at her like that she feel the exact thing when Wonhyun smiles at her. She brushes off the thoughts and stared at him.

 

 

Wonyoung felt her stomach got butterflies as Chaewon looks at her like that. She cant help but to bite her lips, and look down shyly. As for Chaewon, the action of the taller made her amused again, what a shy pretty boy type. And that action also made Chaewon think, Wonyoung also do that when she's shy, it's the exact action.

 

 

Their orders arrived after a while, and they wasted no time and dugged in immediately. While they eat, they talked casually. Fortunately, Chaewon isnt asking any Wonhyun related, and so Wonyoung is relaxed and relieved. Even if they already finished their food, they stayed for a while, enjoying the ambiance of the jazzy old theme café and were really into making conversation.

 

 

They then decided to lurk around the café, it full of stuffs in 80's or 90's. Even the music is old school. And they liked it. The worker also told them they can use the cassettes and some mp3s and old style headphones. Wonyoung immediately tried those and listened to music, unfortunately there's only one left because the others are being used by the customers.

 

 

They went back to their chair, and Wonyoung bopped with the music, closing her eyes and feeling it. Chaewon just watched him, with a smile on her lips. Then after a few seconds, Wonyoung peeked her one eye open and saw the orange head, she then smiled brightly and took off the headphones— bringing it on Chaewon's ears. The orange head is a little bewildered but grinned and blushed at the sweet gesture, she also pouted a bit.

 

 

“Want to go at the festival near here?” Chaewon suddenly asked, it's been almost three hours since they arrived here and she wanted to go to another place. Wonyoung nodded, as much as possible she wont let the date end early. She's enjoying and cherishing every seconds of it. “Sure, i cant see why not.”

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Won. I want some cottoncandies, do you want some?” Chaewon asked suddenly. They already arrived ten minutes ago and strolling around the fun but not so crowded place. Wonyoung turned to her and grinned, she loves cottoncandies. “I'll get some for us! Wait here.” The taller said and made Chaewon sit at the vacant bench near the booths and immediately rushed to the cottoncandy stall then ordered for two.

 

 

Wonyoung spaced out as she waited for the cottoncandies. As far as she knows, Chaewon call Wonhyun, Hyun not Won at the messages, what at the sudden change nicknam?  She never called Wonhyun, Won, in their entire chat and Chaewon have been calling her that all the time.

 

 

“Here you go, pretty boy.” The seller said, handing her the two cotton candies. Wonyoung snapped back in reality and paid for the candies then immediately went back to Chaewon. When she reached there, she saw the woman playing with some stray cats.

 

 

With a grin, she went over there and extending her arm so she can give the cottoncandy. The orange head muttered a thanks with a smile before getting it. Wonyoung sat down beside her and saw the stray cats lurking around their bench and Chaewon is petting them with her free hand.

 

 

“You really love animals.” She blurted out, staring at her lovingly. Chaewon turned to her with a raised brow. “How did you knew that? I didnt said anything about that to you.” She asked, confused. Wonyoung panicked and laughed awkwardly.

 

 

“Uhh, well, i just assumed.” She replied and piched the cottoncandy, putting it on while turning away. Right, Chaewon never mentioned to anyone that she really loved animals and Wonyoung only knows it.

 

 

The topic subsided and they peacefully ate their cottoncandies as they watched people walking with smile on their faces as they check out the stalls. Then Chaewon stood up, “I'm just gonna use the bathroom, Won. I'll be right back!” She said and before Wonyoung could speak, she dashed away, leaving the taller dumbfounded.

 

 

She then heard the phone rang. She opened it and it was fron her brother.

 

 

How was the date? I didnt think it will last long for hours!

 

 

Wonyoung rolled her eyes and putted bach the phone on her pocket, leaning back to the back rest and took a deep breath. Today is so memorable to Wonyoung, she will cherish this moment forever. She then felt someone sat beside her. She was confused. That fast?

 

 

She then turned around, ready to greet and ask Chaewon, instead a stranger woman sat there— giving her a seducing smirk. Hell no!

 

 

“Hi, pretty boy. I see that youre alone, i can be your companion.” She said and scooted closer, Wonyoung in reflex, scooted away from the stranger. This woman looked like she would devour her any minute and she felt shivers. “Uhhh, no thanks. I'm with some—”

 

 

“No need to be shy, pretty boy,” The woman shushed her, leaning over to show her cleavage. And Wonyoung is in absolute shock, disgust, and even felt a little bit traumatized. “We can play~ How about we go to some hotel?” She whispered, and winked at her.

 

 

Wonyoung made a disgusted face. Sorry, but hell no she would hit off with her. She thought and looked for an escape. She was about to snap when a voice suddenly roared behind them.

 

 

“What the hell are you doing, miss?”

 

 

They both turned around and saw a raging Chaewon, she looked like she would burst any moment now. Wonyoung felt relieved seeing the other girl, she's really got scared at the stranger. “And who are you?” The stranger asked, raising a brow at Chaewon, cockily.

 

 

“I'm with that pretty human. So go away, you or i will punch you.” The orange head growled at the stranger and she immediately stood up from the bench, away from Wonyoung— intimidated at Chaewon's terrifying demonic aura. Do not ever mess or anger Kim Chaewon, or you're surely a dead meat. That phrase is popular around their school, the students are even more afraid at Chaewon than their teachers because you will definitely taste hell if you annoyed her.

 

 

The stranger nervously flipped her hair. “Tss. W-Whatever.” She hissed and ran away from them. Wonyoung sighed and was about to thank Chaewon when the orange head grabbed her wrist and dragged her out of the bench. She let the other gitl drag her as she grinned like an idiot behind her. She looked like a mad jealous girlfriend.

 

 

After a series of dragging they arrived at a stall which is called, Couple Things. Their menu is only literally for couple. And Wonyoung managed to stare at Chaewon as the girl browse through the menu. She called a worker and said their order.

 

 

Obviously, Chaewon is in the bad mood. Wonyoung doesnt know if she would apologize or let her sulk there. In the end, she will apologize.

 

 

“I'm sorry—”

 

 

“What are you sorry for? That is the one who's at fault. Dont worry. I'm not upset at you, my blood is boiling at that witch.” Chaewon answered, staring intently at her. Wonyoung felt shivers on her spine as they made eye contact. They were like that until the order arrived, Wonyoung immediately paid for it before Chaewon can even do it.

 

 

It was a huge glass with orange juice, and a pair of couple straws.

 

 

“Let's just drink and forget what happened.” Chaewon said and putted the straw on , sipping. Wonyoung stared at her, smiling happily. She also rested her arms and chin of her hands, as she slowly brought the straw to her lips, copying Chaewon and not averting her gaze to the other girl.

 

 

When Chaewon looked up and their eyes met, Wonyoung can feel fireworks. No one turned away, they kept staring and sipping, too lost in each other's eyes. Not until, the every drop of the juice is empty, they snapped back in reality when they realized they were sipping air.

 

 

They laughed at each other. “We're really that thirsty?” Wonyoung asked, flashing an eye smile at Chaewon who alsp returned the same gesture at her then shrugged. They talked for a few minutes before deciding to stroll around for a bit and go home because it's late. Wonyoung tried to suppress a disappointed groan, she certainly doesnt want this date to end but she can only nod sadly.

 

 

And they did strolled around, checking some booths and stalls. Wonyoung offered her to pick any thing she liked and would gladly pay for it, but Chaewon refused, saying that she's already satisfied looking at it. Until it was time to go home.

 

 

Wonyoung insisted to walk Chaewon to the bus stop, and this time, the latter didnt stopped her. They both walked in silence, Wonyoung is mentally sulking like a baby.

 

 

They never talked at the whole walk, enjoying the quiet night until they reached the bus stop. Wonyoung sighed, very sad and disappointed. And Chaewon noticed it. She smiled at taller. “Why are you so sad? We can do this again next time. Dont be a pouty baby.” She said, pinching the taller's cheeks.

 

 

Wonyoung pouted, and let Chaewon do what ever she wanted, she liked the skinship, they never really did a skinship much through out the date. After a series of pinching, Chaewon suddenly cupped cheek, caressing it gently with her thumb as she stared lovingly at the taller infront of her. Wonyoung stared with the same intensity, but there was a sad glimmer in her eyes. She will never experience this anymore because if Chaewon would go on a date, she will be with the real Wonhyun. And it sadden her so much, her heart is also breaking at the thought. She certainly fell in love with Kim Chaewon today, she wont deny it, but she will never stood a chance. After all, Chaewon is straight and likes her own brother.

 

 

Chaewon grinned and Wonyoung's eyes lit up a bit because the orange head looked so breathtakingly gorgeous. Then suddenly, she spoke, making Wonyoung caught off guard.

 

 

 

“You are so beautiful.”

 

 

 

She whispered and Wonyoung's heart, again, skipped a beat. Her eyes widen a bit and blushed. She doesnt know if its okay to call a man, beautiful. Of course, it's okay, it's Kim Chaewon who said that so its valid. But to Wonyoung, being called beautiful in a daily basis made her used already but when Chaewon said that to her, she felt like its the first time she was ever called like that. She felt so giddy.

 

 

Wonyoung is about to reply back when a bus suddenly stopped infront of the shelter that they were standing. Chaewon slowly retreated her hand, and Wonyoung will miss that warmth.

 

 

“I guess this is it.” Chaewon said and smied, Wonyoung sighed and nodded, smiling sadly. The orange head chuckled. “I'll text you later, so always prepare your phone!” She said and slowly walked to the bus, but she stopped when she already made step on the small stairs— looking back at the sad Wonyoung, standing there while staring at her lovingly. She then threw her a sweet smile.

 

 

“I enjoyed our date,” Chaewon exclaimed before grinning like an idiot. “Jang Wonyoung.” She said before fully entering the bus and took a seat near the window, observing the taller who stood frozen in shock there. She chuckled at the action and stared until the bus finally took off.

 

 

As for Wonyoung, she doesnt know what to think. “D-Did she just said, Wonyoung? H-Hell no. I just probably misheard it. Wonhyun and Wonyoung sounds a like. Thats it. Dont hope and assume, Jang Wonyoung.” She said to herself and walked home with a bit of giddy but heavy heart.

 

 

 

 

When she got home, Wonhyun greeted her. “Sisterrrrr!” He yelled and hugged Wonyoung. “So, is the mission successful? Or flopped?” He asked, smiling, confident that it went smoothly.

 

 

The sister just threw him a smile, taking off the wig and tossed it to the sofa and ruffled her long greenish tip hair. “I guess so, i dont know. She called me beautiful...” She said, and they exchanged phones. Wonhyun's brows creased. “Oh, now i'm beautiful? Haha. How's the date though?” He asked and watch Wonyoung sat on the couch, looking gloomy.

 

 

“It's fun, i guess. She wanted to do it again.” She answered with a heavy heart, Wonhyun whistled, ignoring his sister who's sulking and sad.

 

 

“Yes! Thank you, lil sis! I already bought your phone!” He said and pointed the box that is sitting on the table but Wonyoung didnt even spared a glance on it, just staring at nowhere. He's suspicious but continued being happy anyways. “Ugh, now for real i'm gonna date Kim Chae—” His phone suddenly beeped, cutting him off.

 

 

He checked the notif and immediately lit up. “Oh ! It's from Kim Chaewon!” Wonhyun shouted, delighted and opened the message. Wonyoung groaned and covered her face with a pillow. Then, there's a silence. It was odd.

 

 

The younger uncovered her face and looked at her brother who's stoned in his spot. “Why? What happened?” She asked, worried. Wonhyun gestured her to come and she did. He gave his phone to her, letting Wonyoung read the message and bit his lower lip.

 

 

Wonyoung is raising her brows while reading the text message and almost dropped it after reading the whole thing.

 

 

 

 

Hi, Wonhyun! Thanks? Hahaha. Idk what to say but yea! I enjoyed the date with your sister, Wonyoung <3 and i would love to date her again. Sorry lol

 

 

 

 

With that, they looked at each other, beyond shocked at what they had just read. Then, Wonyoung's phone rang and she immediately opened it. It was a message from unknown number. Wonhyun scooted over to see what's happening, still shocked. Wonyoung opened the message.

 

 

 

 

 

Hi, Jang Wonyoung! It's Kim Chaewon. I got your number from some logbook lol haha thats only the way i can get your number so yea. anyways, you must be shocked? lol ofc its normal. Tell to Wonhyun that i enjoyed his company through chats but there's where i will end it. Like i said, i would love to have another date with you, but with no wigs or pretending that you're a boy :) See you tomorrow at school! Good night ;)

 

 

 

 

 

:D