A Fool

A Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29 OCTOBER xx18

 

The corridor is quite silent. There is no other sound other than their breath. Their eyes meet for a second as the other one turn away and walk.

 

“I like you!”

 

The person stops her track and turns to the other person on that corridor.

 

“I like you so much Lee Chaeyeon!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You not from here, aren’t you?” The woman called Lee Chaeyeon asks the person who called out her name.

“Huh?”

“Miyawaki Sakura. That’s you, isn’t it?”

“Ye-yes..”

A smile appears on Lee Chaeyeon’s face. Chaeyeon turns away and continues her step.

“I said I like you!” Sakura shouts, confessing her feeling away.

Chaeyeon once again stops. She turns and faces Sakura. Their eyes meet. Only a few meters distance separates them.

“I really like you so much Lee Chaeyeon..” It’s more like a whisper but Chaeyeon can hear it clearly due to the quiet atmosphere.

“What do you expect from me?” Chaeyeon pulled a serious expression.

Sakura clenches her fists at the question.

“Why won’t you say anything? Answering me?”

“And what am I supposed to answer? You not asking me, isn’t it?”

Lee Chaeyeon, known as a blunt person. Chaeyeon’s words are mere truth. Sakura flinches by her words. There’s need a question for an answer, isn’t it? Sakura tries her best to smile, hiding the nervousness.

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

Chaeyeon smiles at the question. Sakura feels her legs starting to weaken. Lee Chaeyeon just smiles at her confession.

 

Is this look like a joke to her? Sakura thought. Sakura held her head down, waiting for rejection.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay.” Just a word.

Sakura immediately looks at the person in front of her. Shocked.

Lee Chaeyeon has a smile on her face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, Miyawaki Sakura.”

And that’s words make Sakura run to the person in front of her and plop to her embrace. Tears flowing down on her face as she feels hands on her back. Lee Chaeyeon is hugging her back.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“This is your house?” Sakura scanned the whole house. It is quite big for a person to live there alone.

“Yes.”

“I didn’t know you live here.”

“No one knows. You the first person to know and come here.”

“For real, Jjae?!” Sakura excitingly slumps her body on Chaeyeon who taking a seat on the couch.

“Yes, Saku-chan. Now get away from me. I can’t breath..” Chaeyeon tries to release herself from the clingy Sakura, but cannot hide the smile on her face.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“You want to stay tonight?” Chaeyeon asks while her eyes still on the road.

“Can I?” Sakura is playing with her own fingers, nervous. She been at Chaeyeon’s house a few times but never staying there for once. For the first time, she requesting to stay there for a night.

“Sure..” Chaeyeon gives her simple answer but meaningful.

Sakura wants to hug her but they were in the car, and she didn’t want to cause any accident.

“Where are we going?”

“Home.”

Chaeyeon’s simple answer makes Sakura’s heart flutters.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“There’s a new towel on the bed. Go and take a shower.” Sakura nodded like an obedient child.

Chaeyeon switch on the television, making herself occupied while waiting for Sakura to finished her shower.

Few minutes later, Chaeyeon heard the door opened.

“Emm... Jjaeyeon.. can I borrow your shirt?” Sakura comes out to the living room with a towel wrapped her body and some water was dripping from her wet hair.

Chaeyeon immediately stands up by the sight and pulled Sakura into her room, stopping in front of the closet.

“There’s new underwear on the drawer at the second bottom. You can take any shirts here.” Chaeyeon explains and walks out quickly from the room.

Sakura laughed silently at Chaeyeon’s action.

“By the way, you can use the dryer on the table to dry your hair!” Sakura hears Chaeyeon shouting outside the room.

 

 

 

“You can sleep in my room. I’ll just take any other room.” Chaeyeon walks out from the room, taking a blanket along with her.

“Jjaeyeon... Can you sleep here?”

Chaeyeon turns and looks at Sakura confusedly.

“Can you sleep here with me? It big enough for both of us anyway..” Sakura patted the empty side of the bed. Chaeyeon can sense the nervousness in Sakura’s voice.

“Sure... But you can sleep first. I still have something to do.” Chaeyeon answered, smiling.

Sakura nodded her head, smiling.

 

Chaeyeon lays down on the empty side of the bed, making herself sleeping beside Sakura, on the same bed.

“You finished your works?” Chaeyeon was startled by the voice.

“You not sleeping yet?” Instead of answering, Chaeyeon asks back.

“I did..”

“Sorry for waking you..” Chaeyeon scratched her neck, feeling sorry for disturbing Sakura’s sleep.

“No... It’s okay.” Sakura gives a smile to the woman beside her.

They lay down on the side, making themselves facing each other. There’s an awkward silence between them.

Chaeyeon opens her arm wide with a smile. Sakura scoots closer and makes herself in Chaeyeon’s embrace. They sleep embracing each other that night. Without knowing, that first time becomes the beginning of their usual sleeping together, side by side at the house. They used to have each other in their arm when they’re sleeping.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Happy birthday, Miyawaki Sakura. Thank you for being born..” Chaeyeon is holding a small cake, with candles on it, lighting up.

Sakura cannot contain her happiness and hug the Chaeyeon tightly.

“Thank you so much, Jjae..” Sakura whispered on Chaeyeon’s ear.

Chaeyeon nodded her head, caressing Sakura’s hair with one of her hand. The other still occupied with the small cake.

They pulled away from the hug.

“Now, blow out the candles..” Chaeyeon brings the cake in front of Sakura.

 Sakura clamps her hand together and closes her eyes before blowing out the candles.

“What did you wish?” Chaeyeon asks.

“Secret.,” Sakura said playfully.

Chaeyeon just smiles, knowing that Sakura will tell her eventually.

“I’m sorry that I didn’t prepare any gift for you.” Chaeyeon gives an awkward smile.

“It’s okay Jjaeyeon... This is enough for me..”

“But I want to give you something at least..” Chaeyeon pouted.

“You taking your time to celebrate my birthday is enough, Lee Chaeyeon. Being with you is the greatest gift..”

“Cheesy..” Chaeyeon said. Sakura just smiles sheepishly.

“Now let’s clean this up. We need to sleep. There’s still class tomorrow..” Chaeyeon stands up, taking the cake to the refrigerator.

“Aishhhh… Jjaeyeon... You no fun..” Sakura pouts cutely.

“By the way, is there anything you want? I might have time to buy your present tomorrow..” Chaeyeon asks as she opens the refrigerator.

The truth is there’s one thing that Sakura really want. They have been a couple for more than six months now but they never kiss, not even a peck on the cheek.

“Jjaeyeon..”

Chaeyeon turns and meets Sakura’s eyes. She didn’t hear Sakura’s step following her to the kitchen. Sakura was leaning on the kitchen door frame.

“There’s something I want.,” Sakura said, not taking any glance away from Chaeyeon.

“What it is?” Chaeyeon asks, leaning herself on the refrigerator.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Kiss me..”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter