Chapter 2

your voice

Class 3-A, Wednesday, a Week later 10.00 AM

AUTHOR POV

All the students were concentrating to the lesson that the teacher told them and since it was about math subjects, no one dare to let their eyes go from the board. Well.. of course we all know that math is a complicated thing and really need full concentration so we can easily understand it
But eunbi was out of the classroom because the teacher was dismissed her because she was asleep

izone High A Building 1st floor corridor

eunbi POV
Damn… I don’t really understand that bald old man but well look at the bright side! I don’t have to hear any boring thing or any complicated thing anymore since I have to stay here until the lesson ends which is like on an hour and half or more

Thank god I have my phone in my pocket and decided to play with it. tho there will be no notification come up since everyone is still on the class. But you know, surfing on the web is the best thing for time killing.

eunbi ssi?” I looked at the person who called me. She stood across me and she was just went out from her class perhaps being punished like me.

“What’re you doing here? The teacher sent you out too?” I nod at her question. Oh by the way, she’s choi yena, the VG club’s leader.

At first I want to focus on my phone again but the cautions move that yena kept doing like; she always peeking the class through the window or looking left and right like she was looking for something, really bothers me. but then she suddenly squatted down and crawled away from her class door. W-wait. Does She trying to escape?!

“Yah! Where are you think you’re going?! You’re still grounded!” I said half whispering.

“Why bother standing there for an hour and half without doing anything? Its boring! I’m going to other place. Wanna come?” although I used to be kicked out from math class, running away from it probably going to be my first time. It’s scares me so I kind of hesitated when she asked me.

“Won’t teacher doubled your punishment?”

“They won’t double the punishment. Only the nags. But you don’t have to worry about that! We’re going to the safest place for us to skip classes. So are you coming or not?” the word ‘safest’ made me a little bit interested with her offer. Without answering her question, I do what she just did a while ago, peeking inside the class, checking my surrounding and slowly crawling towards yena back. I hope this is worth it…

We crawled quiet long until the end of our class and we arrived at the intersection where left is into school park which also a path to go to other building, on my right is to the school gate, straight is to other 3rd year classes, and there also stairs to the second floor which is the second year classes located in. now where are this safe house they’ve been talking?

The walked to this place is kind of weird with yena....wow now I’m standing in front of the so called safe house. What I can’t believe is… this is the VG Club room.. how come this place could be a safe house? Oh well.. let’s give it a try.

When I opened the door, there are three girls in the room. Two sitting at the desk doing something with the computer, and yena who’s now turning the game console on. Wow.. these girls really free…

“Ah I almost forgot! Introduce yourself to our guest guys. yena said
“annyeong haseyo! my name kim minjoo, 1st year student and this is, kang hyewon, 2nd year.
“Annyeong haseyo, kwon eunbi I’m 3rd year student. Nice to meet you guys.” I said
“Just enjoy yourself eunbi-ssi. This is the safest place ever for ditching classes without being punished.” Said yena. I sat on a sofa that yena also sat on and watched her playing something.
“Why this is the safest place?” I asked.
“We have the almighty miyawaki and kang as Our member. Who even dares to mess with those two big company huh?”
Aah.. right.. miyawaki Co. and kang Co. are the biggest company in japan and Korea.

As times goes by, I tried to blend in with the VG club members like just enjoying my free time and relaxing
“You know if you feel comfortable in here, you can be one of our member.” Said yena

“I don’t really interested in game and I don’t have any knowledge about it.”

“But we have sakura.” I dropped my phone and get closer to yena

“And what that supposed to mean?” yena paused her game and looked at me

“You like her don’t you?” I widen my eyes as yena asked that and I shook my head hard. well sakura is totally fine but I think I still don’t have that kind of feeling towards her… yet. Maybe?

“Then why you suddenly want to know her more? why you suddenly want to get close to her? why you suddenly want to be her friend? And why you suddenly want to reveal sakura voice? why? Isn’t that because you interested with her? i brought you here because of those things you told to sakura a few days ago. i need an answer. a sincere and true one.”

ah.. so this is about that.. sakura must be the one who told her about this. yes a few days ago I decided to talk to sakura and tell her everything about my plan.Well I’m a straightforward person so I told her. and I think if I hide my real intention to her when I tried to be her friends, perhaps she might be hurt if she knows later. You know…. the feeling of being used or something like that.. I don’t want her to miss understand that. So i told her.. and amazingly she’s okay with it.

“So eunbi-ssi. You like her don’t you?” suddenly minjoo and hyewon moved and sat around me and gave me the same gaze that yena gave me. whoa.. this is scary..

“w-well.. she is indeed pretty and cute but listen. the reason why I tried so hard to get closer with her is because i’m curious about her. she’s the most unique person I’ve ever met and she really an interesting person especially her way to communicate. So no romance feeling in this thing. Just simply a curiosity.” I said but no responds from them. they just staring at me with no expression.

“Okay… honestly, I’ve asked chaeyeon and yuri about sakura and you guys know right that they are close with each other. so I asked about the reason why sakura used Ispeak but the reason they told me, were different with the one that sakura told me. so I think there’s something more behind it.. because of that, I tried to be her friend and perhaps she will tell me about the real reason if we already be friend. ”

Those three looked at each other’s eyes like they were sending messages through their eyes. Perhaps they think I’m going to do something bad to sakura or anything

“But guys, listen. I won’t do bad things to her. even if she decided not to tell me the truth or she won’t speak normally to me, I’m okay with that and I won’t leave her. I really want to get close with sakura
“and why is that? Is it because she’s miyawaki ?” I shook my head fast as a strong denial.
“No! of course not! Those unique things that sakura have are the reason why I really interested to her and of course those makes me want to be her friend. It’s like her traits magnetize me. if you guys afraid that I might leave her, I won’t and I f you guys think I might hurt her, I promise I will do my best not to do it. promise.”

Again those three looked at each other and suddenly they smiled at me. “Okay we get it know. we trust you. sakura is our precious sister so don’t harm her okay.” I nod and smiled widely as those there also smiled at me.

We continue our conversation and we talked about many things like mainly I asked about what this club usually do every day, what project that they’ve succeeded, and of course about sakura

These are a few important thing about sakura. First, she loves cheese hot dogs Second, there’s a rule that we mustn’t break. Whenever sakura in the middle of doing something and there are earphone plugged in her ears, it means she don’t want anyone to disturb her since she is in the middle of high concentration mode. Even if the earphone is not even plugged to phone or laptop, we should go away because when sakura angry,.it’s scary  Lastly, sakura always looks anxious whenever there is a heavy rain pouring down. they didn’t know tho the reason behind it but that’s okay.. I just have to remember all this things so I can be close to her.

And also through this conversation with those three, we really are mustn’t judge the book by it covers.. because yeah.. these girls whom I always thought as the weirdest people on earth, are simply normal although they usually doing something weird every lunch break. But they are friendly, funny and really kind persons. So I think this is why yuri always mad at us—me and chaeyeon, whenever we laughing and mocking at the weird stuffs that VG club usually do. minjoo the chatterbox, hyewon the girl love food and yena the one who always love jokes.

AUTHOR POV

As those girls laughing and playing games leisurely, suddenly they heard someone from the hallway screaming yena name and her voice sounds like yuri voice. yena paused her game and rushed to the door to lock it. yena also took off her blazer and covered a small window on the door to prevent yuri peeking from it.

*Knock knock knock*

choi yena! Open the door!”

All of them started to panic. Even hyewon suddenly tripped over nothing because of it. The person who really scared of yuri is not hyewon and minjoo since they can just tell yuri that they were discussing about new project and yuri usually okay with it. Those two are panicking because they don’t know how to protect yena from yuri since yena can’t use the same reason as them. it all because yuri really strict with yena since yena is already in senior year and she need to study harder. So if yuri caught yena ditch class, yuri would scold her longer then teacher usually scold her

Minjoo and hyewon went to check out CCTV

But as they looked at the monitor, they suddenly sigh. minjoo sat on the chair calmly and hyewon walked towards the door. She opened the lock but yena stopped her.

“Yah! You want to kill me?!” whispered her.
“Trust me. it’s going to be okay.” Said hyewon
“Are you crazy? she will beat me up!”
hyewon again let out a sigh and pushed yena out from the door and it made yena hiding under the desk.

*Click*

The door was widely opened but there was nothing. Just an empty hallway. hyewon just walked away from the door and sat on the sofa.

“you can come in kura unnie. You succeeded to trick us and made us panicked.” Said minjoo

Suddenly a girl popped up with a huge happy gummy smile and she gave us a V sign with her hand. As yena saw who the person is, she yelled at her furiously.

“YAH! It’s not funny at all sakura!” yelled yena angrily. As eunbi heard yena mention’s sakura name, eunbi turned her head towards the door and their eyes met.

“where’s yuri?” asked eunbi. sakura chuckled because of eunbi question

“I don’t know..” eunbi eyes grew wider as she heard sakura talking with yuri voice.

“How could you do that?!” asked eunbi. sakura closed and locked the door and walked to her desk.

“I just upgraded the Ispeak. How is it? cool right?” sakura said

the fact is, sakura change her usual robotic voice on her app with yuri voice. she just want to have tricked her friends since they usually pranked her. mostly yena

“Whoa.. you upgraded that?! Cool! sakura, you should sell this to an IT company! You’ll be rich! i mean more rich than now!” said yena who already sat on sofa preparing to play game again.

“I’m still going to develop it more until its really really perfect, than I sell it.”

eunbi who’s easily amused by an interesting thing, she walked towards sakura desk and looked into the laptop curiously. sakura smiled a little as she saw eunbi amused face near her. eunbi just looked like a little kid who found something new and sakura found it cute.

“This is really cool! can you use my voice too??” eunbi asked full of enthusiasm. sakura giggled softly and nod.

“but I need to record your voice first. Are you okay with that?” eunbi nod hard with a huge smile plastered on her face and she just doing everything sakura told her to do.

A few minutes later

*Ding dong deng dong ding dong deng dong*

The bell that indicate the end of the class rang loudly but all of them didn’t really mind that sound. They were busy playing games and do something else

*ring ring*

eunbi phone suddenly ringing and she froze when she saw the caller ID that written on her phone screen.

“why you’re not answering it unnie?” asked minjoo

“yena.. you said that this is the safest place to ditch class right?”

“Yup! No one can mess with us!”

With her hand shivered hard, eunbi showed Them her phone. “How about her?” the three of them also shocked as they read it. while sakura, well.. she just being herself. Calm and composed. “

Red alert guys!! minjoo hyewon let’s pretend to discuss about next project. sakura.. just do what you usually do. And eunbi.. um.. just don’t answer her phone ?” All of them nod at yena command and ran to their position.

minjoo in front of the computer, yena and hyewon on sofa discussing about something, sakura doing something with her laptop and eunbi dozing emptily at her phone

the club member also afraid from chaeyeon beacuse she so scary so they also panicking when they saw her name.

“oh my ! she’s on the park! But bad news! yuri unnie is with her!” Said minjoo.

“oh my god I’m in a big trouble if both of them coming! What should I do!!” said eunbi who’s now running around the room
.
“They’re on the C building entrance!” all of them start to panic more but suddenly sakura dragged eunbi to her desk

".just stay here" Said sakura through her app.

“w-what? right now is not the time fo—“

“just trust me sunbae.” eunbi then shut somehow sakura words hypnotize her and made her did that immediately.

*Knock knock knock*

minjoo immediately ran to the door and opened it. there stood two scary student council member, “I’m looking for a kwon eunbi who apparently running away from teacher punishment.” Said chaeyeon.

“said that I’m the one who brought you here.” sakura whispered (still with her laptop but with a very low volume) to eunbi

eunbi. can you tell us the reason why you ran away even though you were just kicked out from class by teacher?” asked chaeyeon who’s now standing in front of her..
S-sakura asked me to come here.. so i-I just came along.” Said eunbi.

“Stop scaring her like that chaeyeon. I need sunbae for some thing for my project ” said sakura to chaeyeon

“Okay But next time, please tell me first okay?” sakura nod at chaeyeon request.

“So how about you Ms. choi. Didn’t we have an agreement about not to use class time as a club meeting?” asked yuri

“w-well.. I was just from teacher’s room since I was kicked out from the class. And they called me here said that sakura has a project to show.” yuri squinted her eyes at yena suspicious with her answer. But yuri decided to let it go. “Fine. But there is no next time okay?” yena Nod.

“Now. sakura, are you done your thing with eunbi?” sakura nod.

“Okay now everybody let’s go back to class and you can continue discussing about the project later on the lunch break.” Said chaeyeon. all of them nod and start walking out the room. But sakura still sat on her chair and eunbi approached her.

“Thank you.. for saving me.” said eunbi. sakura just smile at eunbi and gave her a thumb

“hey you two come on.” Said chaeyeon

“I’ll stay for a bit chaeyeon. I have something to do.” Said sakura

“work?” sakura nod. “Okay. Come on eunbi don’t disturb her.”

chaeyeon dragged eunbi out of the room to her class

sakura is indeed the best young programmer. Her skilled was used by many company and she owned many copyrights through her software and game. So sakura not just an ordinary student. She is a programmer, a game maker, and she does many things regarding to programming like creating a security system etc. chaeyeon and teachers know about it so they freely let sakura in and out of the class. Besides, there is no teacher who dares to do something with sakura since she is the miyawaki daughter. But just then when sakura want to put her earphone in her ear, her phone vibrating and she smiled when she saw what’s written on it.

Message From eunbi Sunbae:

sakura thank you so much for saving me.. well I don’t know how to repay it but.. eum do you mind if I drive you home? I just want to repay you that’s all..

Meanwhile, eunbi who’s now walking out from building C with chaeyeon and yuri keep nagging at her, she startled when her phone vibrate.

Message From sakura ^^:

You don’t have to but okay. I’ll be waiting on the club’s room. See you afterschool sunbae ^^

But then another message came from her again

Message From sakura ^^:

Oh and good luck for the next class! Make sure you won’t be kicked out from class again Fighting!^^

eunbi suddenly gave yuri and chaeyeon a huge smile and it scares them. “What’s with that face?” asked chaeyeon

“Nothing le's go ! Let’s study hard!”chaeyeon and yuri looked at each other confused with their friend

“Hey you two! Come one! We’re going to be late!” said eunbi who’s now happily skipped far away from chaeyeon and yuri.

“you know Sometimes, she’s can be weirder than all the VG club combined.” Said chaeyeon

“Yeah.. you’re right.” said yuri

-------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE

hi sorry for my late

I hope you like this chapter
.
.
.
.
NEXT CHAPTER
.
.
.

We are neighbor

Whoa… world is indeed small

You really look like your mother

I hope you can talk to me with that cute voice

I wish I can

Who gave you permission to talk with your own mouth

she hug the penguin plush, the more her body hunddled. All the emotions ran out and her tears went out

I miss you.. nako