Chapter 1

Waken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stood uncomfortably as he saw the other male sat in what looks like a throne. He held his black attire tightly, trying to calm his mind, which suddenly became so uneasy. He dared himself to look at the tall figure who looked gorgeous beyond words on his attire. A royal gown with a golden dragon drawn at his back, magneficient. He couldn't stop looking, even after the black ones met his hazel ones. Both pair of orbs fixed to one another. Enchanted.

 

***

 

“Wake up you sleepy head!!!” he wakes up with a thud as he feels something hits him on the head. He opens his eyes and throws his pillow to the person that throws it first and makes another attempt to sleep.

"Yah its 8 in the morning already, you want to be late again to class or what, Baekho-ya?!"

"Just 5 more minutes. I barely got any sleep, Jonghyun ah."

"Did you dream about him again?"

Baekho nods his head as an answer which is immediately replied by Jonghyun, “Wow. You sure he isn't someone you knew?”

"No. Never met him even once before. Yet I kept on dreaming about him almost every night in this past month."

“and it’s still the same dream?"

“yeah. Always the same thing repeating over and over again”

“are you sure it happened in the past?"

Baekho sighs again and makes an attempt to wake up this time.

"Just take a shower and be ready. I’ll prepare the breakfast. We’ll just get some bread today, which we will eat on the way since there won’t be enough time"

"Aye, aye captain"

 

***

 

The clock almost hits 9 o’clock when they finally run through the hallway to their classroom. Already late at first day, better not be late again on the second. Jonghyun makes a silly joke as they sit and Baekho laughs out loud like always.

 

“I’m sorry… is the seat available?”

Baekho looks at the person who talks to him and for a split second there he swears his heart has stopped beating. Is it him being pulled into the dream world or the dream world suddenly becomes reality? After that he feels his chest pounding hard thanks to his heart that is now beating too fast.

It feels familiar. It is the feeling that has always been there in his dreams, but now it feels even more real. It was so real that he becomes mute, like words die on his throat before they could even form on his lips.

 

“Yes, it’s available. You can take the seat if you want.”

Baekho can feel he's brought back to reality as he heard Jonghyun answers the question while nudging him on the side.

"Sorry. Yes. You can sit here."

 

“Uhm, hi…" Baekho smiles nervously towards the man while he answers back, “hi…” And their eyes meet each other. They stare at one other, leaving the world around them dies in silence and the only thing they can notice is the other’s gaze.

‘But wait… Isn't this the very scene I always see in my dream? ‘

Baekho mulls over it until they break their eye-contact thanks to Jonghyun that suddenly appear before them. His friend just shoves his whole body between him and the new guy to introduce themselves.

“His name is Baekho, mine is Jonghyun, and you are?”

"Minhyun. Hwang. It's Hwang Minhyun"

Baekho says the new person's name silently. He keeps repeating it in his head and suddenly his heart beats faster… Minhyun... Minhyun... Minhyun... The man from his dream now has a name.

 

 

The class is already over an hour ago and here he is on his way to meet Aron. Aron is his housemate. It's lucky for Minhyun when he just came to Seoul he met a nice person who's willing to rent the other bedroom in his apartment. Just like that they became best friends immediately. It just feels like he has known Aron for a long time, they just clicked right away as if they have known each other for years already. Aron told Minhyun he will treat him to his favorite cafe today. On his way there Minhyun thinks about what just happened in the class.

 

***

 

He entered the class and noticed it was almost getting full. He looked around as he planned to find an empty seat when suddenly he saw him. Someone he never saw before but oddly enough seemed so familiar, it's like he recognized the figure even though they had never met before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter