ˢᵃʸ ᵐʸ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ

𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  nct's lucas & gidle's yuqi         words: 1,089 genre: romance, college!au, soccer!au, mature inspired by: say my name - niki prompt: during the late night of a wild party to celebrate the victory of Yonsei University's soccer team, lucas is given the request to take yuqi back home. throughout the time they had known each other, yuqi never failed to show her attraction towards the dashing, yet troublesome lucas wong. but lucas, on the other hand? As yuqi ceases to put an end to her coy actions, each day its gets harder for the soccer player to supress his feelings. she likes him. he likes her. so what's the problem? oh, that's right -  everything would have been a lot more easier if she wasn't his coach's daughter.  

 

Under the crescent moon dipped in deep silver and a glowing white haze amongst the corusating sky, the high temperature began to drop to transition its leaves into the warm hues that represented the autumn season.

“Hmmm~”

There was a pleasant humming that came from Yuqi as they ascended upon the marble steps to her front door. Lucas followed behind, his eyes guardedly flashing in the midst of the nightfall to detect any sign of threat; but as they were a few feet away from their destination, his muscles slowly relaxed. After feeling certain they arrived safely, he signed in mere relief to hear the jiggling of the keys inserted into the doorknob.

Yuqi took one step inside and whirled around.

Lucas stood as far as possible from the entrance with a good width of 6 feet between them.

“Thank you,” she uttered.

It would have sounded more innocent if he didn’t catch the sly upward twitch of her lips —

He cleared his throat to get rid of the awkwardness, more likely his, in all truth. “Don’t mention it.”

— which was an entirely horrible mistake to do when he found himself staring at them.

Yuqi seemed to have noticed his lingering gaze by the way her eyes sparkled at him and swiped out the tip of her tongue to her lips.

Hands weak and clammy like the sweaty towel he uses after his vigorous exercise, his upcoming breath froze in a paralyzed state.

Busted.

Her head tilted to the side. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, of course - “ he started until she glanced down at his limpy palms. “ - or I don’t know.” He briskly stuffed the evidence in his pockets. “Maybe it’s a little too warm for me.”

“Who knew a midfielder, that has practice almost everyday running, passing, hustling under the boiling sun, can’t handle a 64 degree (18 celcius) weather?”

If it wasn’t her for flawless acting, Lucas would’ve actually believed she was pure as an angel. But no, Yuqi was too damn intelligent...and diligent, and kind, and beautiful, and —

The 21-year-old stopped himself from getting drowned in his recurring thoughts, especially since the woman who has been driving him mad for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter