Perfect

Perfect

 

It was another beautiful morning and I woke up to the voice of my lovely boyfriend.

 

“Good Morning, babe.” Zhoumi whispered as he lied down on to my bed next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I got off of my bed and stood up.

“One moment.” I stick out my forefinger and hurried to my bathroom to freshen up, making sure that I was presentable enough. All I needed was a cup of Listerine and a small squirt of Clean & Clear and I was back on my bed next to Zhoumi.

 

“Why are you heare at this time of the morning, Mi?” I said as I cuddled next to him, my nose welcoming his pleasant scent.

“What’s so wrong with me being in my girlfriend’s house at 7 AM?” He said as he caressed my hair. “Besides, your mom is fine with me being here.” He chuckled.

“Well, I’m just your grilfriend, babe. I’m not your wife yet.” I giggled in his arms.

“Do you mean you don’t plan on marrying me?” He made a surprised face, eyes set on me.

“No, it’s not that. You know I love you.” I giggles and kissed him playfully on the cheeks.

“I love you too, babe.” He kissed me on the lips and I kissed him back.

 

That afternoon, he asked me to go on a road trip with him.

 

“We’re going to Hainan?” I asked. “But I haven’t even gotten permission yet!”

“Already taken care of.” He lightly tapped the tip of my nose then wrapped his arms around my waist. “I asked your mom earlier and she already said yes. She even packed food for us!” He exclaimed and showed me two woven baskets filled with food.

“Aw, you’re the best.” I kissed him.

“I know.” He chuckled and smiled sweetly. Damn he’s so gorgeous.

 

-

 

When we got to the beach in Hainan, there were kids playing in the sand. Zhoumi approached a little girl who was quite distant from the rest of the children.

 

“Hi, why are you alone here?” Zhoumi knelt down to level his face a bit with the kid, though he wasn’t really able to due to his extreme height. “Do you want a lollipop from Gege?” He asked and took out a rainbow lollipop.

“Wow, that looks yummy, Gege!” The little girl clapped. “Is that for me?” She asked and Zhoumi nodded and smiled. My heart fluttered at the scene. Then the kid looked at me.

“Oh? Is that Gege’s girlfriend?” She pointed at me cutely, her round eyes twinkling.

Zhoumi carried the little girl in his arms and went closer to me. “Yes, this is Gege’s girlfriend.” He said, looking at me. I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

“She’s pretty, Gege!” The little girl chirped.

“I know.” He took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. “She’s beautiful.”

“Oh, Gege, I think mommy is looking for me already. Thank you for the lollipop, Handsome Gege! Bye, Pretty Jie Jie!” She squeaked and scurried away with her small legs.

 

“Come on, we have to go see the sun set.” Zhoumi tugged on my hand and smiled.

 

As we were walking on the shore, there was a table for two that was set a little over the water. Zhoumi was looking at me, waiting for me to say something.

“What’s all this for?” I placed both of my hands over my mouth in shock. He took one of my hands and led me to my seat. I felt the ocean water brush along my feet.

“I figured we should have an extravagant dinner while watcing the sun set.” He sat across me and held my hand. It took a while before I got to answer him.

I smiled at him and said, “Until now, I still could not believe, at all, how I’m in this kind of relationship with a guy as perfect as your are.” I flailed my arms lightly.

 

Indeed, Zhoumi is a perfect man. He never fails to make feel twitterpated every time we’re together. He always makes me feel loved and protected.

 

At that moment, he got up from his seat and stood behind me, he hugged me from the back and caressed my cheek. “Babe, you deserve this love, you deserve to be treated this way.” I blushed at his words.

 

Then, as the sun was setting, its rays reflected on something shiny on the table. My eyebrows met in curiosity. I heard Zhoumi laugh lightly. He let me go and went to get something from the strawberry basket where I saw the thing glimmer.

 

“Kim Eunhee.” He pulled me up and faced me. “You know how much I love you, right?” He asked, his soft hands caressing mine.

“Of course.” I sweetly said and caressed his cheek.

“I love you so much. I just want you in my arms all the time. I love making you happy.” Why is he saying al this now? I thought. I just stared at him as he spoke. Then, he knelt down and held onto a ring. I gasped.

 

“Eunhee, would you do me the greatest honor of waking up every morning with you by my side and let me be the man to make you happy every day of your life?” He asked me and I teared up.

“Mimi, I-I..” I stuttered, not knowing what to say or how to react. I smiled as I realized that Zhoumi really is the one for me and that I shouldn’t take more than a second in answering this question.

I made him stand up from kneeling, not breaking my eye contact with him as he stood.

“I wouldn’t want to share the moments I’ll be making in the future with anyone else, other than you, Mi. Of course, I’d love to spend the rest of my life with you, create more memories with you and experience a lot more things with you, babe.” I smiled.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He grinned, joy dominating his face and he chuckled.  He let go of my hands and pushed his hair back in disbelief. “Wow.”

“I don’t know why you’re surprised, Mi. You should know that you’re the only one for me.” I looked at him lovingly in the eyes as he put the ring around my finger.

“You’re the perfect one for me, babe.” He pulled me close and softly kissed me.

-

End