masked. pt 2.

masked

this is a continuation of the one shot since my friend loved it so much. i hope you guys enjoy it.

~*~

The ball ends and Krystal is still sitting at the table, going through her phone to answer unanswered text messages. She receives multiple messages from Luna, the friend who had talked her into attending the ball in the first place regarding her whereabouts since the two were unable to meet up during the event due to a fully packed room of masked strangers. She laughs softly, rolling her eyes as she places her phone back into her clutch, leaning back in her seat to think about mystery man. After their moment on the dance floor, thoughts of this man had invaded her mind on multiple occasions. She just could not get him out of her head especially the breath taking smile he would use on her. That damn smile. She checks the time on her phone and immediately stands up, running her hands along her dress before grabbing her mask and clutch, nibbling her lip nervously at the thought of meeting mystery man once again after the event. She waits for the flood of people to leave the room so she can peacefully leave without the worry of people trampeling over her dress especially in the stilettos half of the women were wearing all throughout. Krystal still wonders as to how they managed to survive hours in just stiletto heels. She shrugs her shoulders, following the crowd out through large, elegant doors and into the main hallway of the building, leading to the main exit where half of the people stand around conversing with one another while waiting for their rides. She exits, the immediate chill of a fresh breeze instantly washing over her, a huge contrast to the sweaty, heated ballroom due to so many people gathered into one space. She leans against the wall as she begins to scan the area, watching groups of people walk down the somewhat steep set of stairs leading to the sidewalk. The area begins to clear out even more a few moments later, making it easier to spot out the mystery boy who happens to be sharing laughs with another male. She gets shy all of a sudden just at the sight of him, causing a flood of memories from the dance. She closes her eyes momentarily, spewing words of encouragement to herself.

"You can do this. You can do this, Krystal. He's just a boy, okay?" she says to herself before pausing, "a very cute boy...but he is just a boy. No need to freak," she whispers, opening her eyes just to see mystery man staring in her direction. She immediately turns around so that she is facing a wall in order to hide her heated red cheeks just from his stare. "Oh my god...he was looking at me. What the hell Krystal? how are you supposed to even look at the guy without a mask on when you can't even look at him with his mask on? unbelievable."

She continues to talk to herself, unaware of the mystery man still staring at her from his corner with an amused smile on his face. He raises a brow as he watches the woman with intent. Such an interesting girl. 

"Okay, this is ridiculous. I have to go. He saw me. He knows I am standing here with my face to the damn wall. I-" She is suddenly interrupted by the vibration of her phone. She looks down to see Amber's name and picture flash across the screen in bright letters. "Oh great, what does she want?" she asks, picking up the call and placing the phone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey! where you at? there's a party at Luna's."

"Oh- um...I'm still at the building where the ball was held..."

"Why...?"

"Look, it's a long story."

"Or you're just trying to avoid telling me what's up."

Krystal rolls her eyes at the friend who seems to always know when she is not exactly being the most honest person in the world.

"Okay, fine. You have to keep your mouth shut though. I don't need this spreading."

"Yeah sure."

"There's a uh...there's a boy, and he told me to meet him after the ball. That is exactly what I am trying to do."

"Trying to do? what are you doing? staring at a wall to avoid eye contact and confrontation?" Amber asks in a joking tone, laughter vibrating through the speaker as she continues to laugh unaware of the truth behind her words. There is nothing but silence once Amber clears . "I- wait, are you seriously doing that right now?"

"Well..."

"Oh my god."

"Look, I need advice okay? I don't know how to approach him!"

"You think I can help you? Girl, I don't date. The only thing I do date is my music. Humans? no."

"Amberrrrr."

"You're on your own. Sorry. But hey, if you decide you don't wanna talk to him and you chicken out, feel free to stop by. It's lit."

"Uh huh...bye."

Krystal and Amber say their goodbyes before hanging up. She places her phone back into her clutch before turning around to see mystery man's eyes trained on her behind the mask he is still wearing. Everyone else had taken off their masks, but him. He is the only one still wearing one. Krystal stares at him for a few moments before managing to make her way to him, her fingers holding up her dress a little to avoid tripping in front of the man. A wide smile forms on his face as she approaches him in that beautifully elegant dress of hers. His ears redden slightly just at the sight of this beauty. Once in front of him, she shyly meets his gaze, hugging her clutch to her chest.

"Um...hi again," she manages to say with a softened tone. He smiles softly down at the girl.

"Hi beautiful. Nice to see you again. You okay? I couldn't really tell what you were doing over there," he says, gesturing to the spot she was just standing in with her back to him. She nervously laughs, a finger now fidgeting with a curled ringlet of her hair as she tries to fabricate a lie to come up with.

"Oh- yeah um...I was fine. Don't worry," she simply says, nodding her head with a soft smile.

"Ah okay. I just wanted to check. So..." he trails off, shoving his hands into his pockets as he bounces lightly on his toes, unable to stand still as a beautiful lady stands before him.

"So...you going to do a face reveal anytime soon?" she asks with a soft laugh, tilting her head in curiosity as she studies his features some more just trying to figure out who he is and where she has seen him before. "I swear I have seen you before. Maybe."

He shrugs. "Maybe you have," he says softly as he begins to remove the mask, revealing his true identity. Her eyes slightly widen as his familiar face comes into full view. His lips, those eyes, that nose...she recognizes it all. It's BTOB's Hyunsik...he chuckles once more as she continues to stare at him clearly shocked by the reveal. "You uh- you okay?"

Krystal nods, words unable to come out as she continues to stare at the handsome man before her. He is incredibly handsome. She has only seen him a few times at awards shows and performances, but never up close and personal like this. His lips, his full, pink and luscious lips form a smile as strands of his dark hair sweep perfectly over his forehead, just a little above his beautifully darkened orbs. She blushes lightly just peering up at his overtowering figure. She clears , running a finger through her curled locks.

"I- Hyunsik wow...I was not expecting this at all."

He laughs softly, eyes forming small crescents as he does so. "Finally, you're speaking. Ah- so you do recognize me."

"Of course. I've seen you on multiple occasions. I just never really had the chance to be this close..."

"Well, I never thought I would be able to see the beautiful Krystal Jung in front of me. Wow..." he whispers as he keeps a hard gaze on her, causing her to fidget slightly in her spot. "So...what are you doing tonight?" he asks out of curiosity and the pure intent of wanting to get to know the girl if she has no plans for the night.

"Um...nothing. Why?"

"Well, I figured we could get to know each other. Hang out. We were dance partners after all."

Once he says this, her heart starts to beat just a little quicker. Her fingers are unable to stop twirling strands of her hair and one hand grips her clutch rather tightly just at the thought of being able to hang out with Hyunsik. He blinks, waiting for a response as he maintains a calm demeanor; whereas, she is just a mess as per usual. 

"I-I would love to," she manages to choke out with a shy smile. "What did you want to do?"

He smirks slightly as she finally says yes. He holds out his hand for her to take.

"It's a surprise. Come on."

She looks down at the large hand that is fully open for her and only her to take, awaiting her palm. She blinks and without hesitation like before, she places her hand in his. He grasps her hand, his grip warm and firm as he begins to guide her down the stairs carefully.

"Wouldn't want you to trip and bruise up that beautiful face of yours," he teases, flashing a playful grin her way. She huffs, nudging him slightly with her free hand.

"Hush it. I'm not that clumsy."

"It's okay. I'm sure you would look just as beautiful with a bruised face," he compliments, earning another shy, speechless, red cheeked Krystal. He grins to himself and his ability to just render her speechless. She is always at a loss for words when around this man. She remains silent as she carefully walks down the steps, one hand hitching up her dress as she does so. She keeps her eyes on her feet that are complemented with matching gold heels, heels she definitely does not want to ruin in any way. Once reaching the side walk, she flashes him a smile of gratitude.

"Thank you for helping me down the stairs."

"Of course, princess."

Oh god...the princess...it kills me.

"Now come. We can walk. It's not too far out."

And with that, they begin their night together.

~*~

The pair continue to walk, her shoulder lightly brushing his arm with her hands to her chest, hugging her clutch to her. She smiles, taking a moment to appreciate the beauty of the night and the array of lights that decorate the streets and stores, adding to the night life there in Seoul. She has always admired the city. Whenever she has the time, she decides to take night walks alone just to find more to love about where she resides. The city is her happy place and walking alone without the constant interruptions from phone calls and people always puts her at ease, especially when she is simply graced with the sounds of cars, footsteps, occasional conversations between people. She glances over at the taller man to see him facing forward with his hands in his pockets as he walks. She cannot seem to tear her eyes away from him, seeing as he is very handsome up close.

"Enjoying the view?" he asks with a small chuckle. She immediately looks away with a blush.

"Uh- I just thought I saw something on your face is all."

"Right...it's okay to stare, princess. A lot of people do," he says, winking at her with a smug smile on his face. She scoffs, nudging him once more with her arm. "I'm sure a lot of people stare at you too. I mean, look at you. You're beautiful," he softly tells her, his eyes honest and true as he holds her gaze. She shies away from the stare before looking forward into the distance.

"You sure have a way with words, don't you?"

He shrugs. "I guess you can say that. I just say what comes to mind most of the time. I can't hold back."

"You don't have to," she responds. As they continue to walk, she recognizes their surroundings. She notices the few shops around them, the street names, the familiar sidewalk they are walking on to get to this mysterious destination. She hears the sweet, soft sounds of rushing water and people chattering away as musical instruments, live entertainment, and streams of light coming from the direction of the food trucks that are normally there come into full view. She gasps softly, grinning as her favorite place is just a few feet ahead of them. "The Han River...I love coming here," she tells him, earning a wide grin from him.

"Yeah? perfect," he chuckles, suddenly grabbing her hand, pulling her along out of pure enjoyment and excitement. She blushes lightly as he naturally just holds her hand in his. "I love coming here. It's beautiful and the perfect place for first dates," he teases with a wink, causing her to blink multiple times, taking the moment to process what he had just said. She says nothing and decides not to think too much about it. She laughs a little at his puppy like behavior once we get closer to the water. 

"You're cute," Krystal speaks up with a soft smile. "You remind me of a little kid right now. You must really love this place, huh?"

He nods immediately, keeping a hold on her hand as he leads her down a few steps. "I do. Favorite destination here in Seoul." As the pair head down the steps, passing by the musician happily strumming a melody on his guitar accompanied with a female singing one of her favorite songs, photograph by OffonOff. She finds herself softly singing the lyrics to the song, her voice instantly capturing Hyunsik's attention. He finds himself staring at her, the movement of her soft lips as she forms the lyrics, the swaying of her head as the music emotionally moves her, and the soft, lovely melody she is effortlessly creating without even realizing it. He continues to stare, his heart racing just at the sight of her. Once realizing she is singing aloud for him to hear, she immediately stops, hiding her face in her hands as she shies away once more.

"Oh god, you heard me."

He chuckles lightly, stepping closer to her, removing her hands gently from her face so he can peer down at her. "It was beautiful. I already knew you could sing, but this was...it was beautiful, okay?" he tells her, his tone gentle and soft, eyes warm and truthful. She nods with a soft smile.

"I just really love that song."

"I do too. It's a good song. I like it better when you sing it though."

"That is a huge compliment seeing as that is one of my favorite songs ever."

"Good. You deserve the compliments," he tells her, leading her to the railing in order to gaze out across the river. She grins, placing her hands on the steel bars, the metal instantly cooling her heated palms. She closes her eyes, tilting her head back as she allows the fresh stream of cool air to refresh her skin and pinkened cheeks from the constant compliments he is always throwing around. He gazes at her for a few moments before looking out across the river as well. "I hope you're enjoying the night so far."

She nods immediately, opening her eyes to look at him. "I am. This was such a good idea. Thank you for bringing me here."

"Of course. The night is only just beginning," he says, smiling warmly at the girl. She nods once more before looking back out, following the gentle patterns of the water that continues to ease her the more she stares. She smiles fondly out across the water, following the assemblage of city lights that outline the bridge connecting them to the other side of the river. "You know what I have always wanted to do with someone?"

"Hm? what is it?"

"I've always wanted to just get a huge tent, set it up on the grass like a lot of people normally do, and just camp out by the river. Play games, music, eat food, and just be present in the moment, you know?"

Krystal falls in love with his words and the way he just speaks so elegantly to her. She nods her head.

"Yeah, that honestly sounds so nice. I have actually always wanted to do that too. I just never could find someone to do it with."

His eyes light up. "Well, you have me now. Assuming you have a fun night with me and want to continue having fun nights, I am always available, especially to you."

"I-"

Before she can speak, he winks once more and suddenly pulls her along with him by the hand. She giggles a little, stumbling slightly in order to match his pace. She is finally beside him, her hand still in his as they walk along the sidewalk, following the path leading to the large space occupied by foodtrucks selling an assortment of different food.

"You hungry?"

She stares up at him in disbelief. "We had dinner. Buffet style, and you are still hungry?"

"Hey! I am a growing boy, okay? I need to eat. Come on. I'll buy you something. My treat," he offers as they walk along the path, eyes scanning the menus hanging off each of the food trucks, trying to decide what to eat. "Or we can also just share something."

"Mm...can I just have a myungrang hot dog? I'm kind of craving right now."

"Of course, princess. Let's just look around for one..." he says as he tilts his head to get a clearer view of the menus and the food trucks. "Oh! found one," he points out, pulling her along towards the food truck. There is a short line of people, but not too many. The pair get behind them unaware of the few stares they are receiving due to their formal attire. She grumbles lightly, looking down at her dress. "What is it?" he asks, frowning in concern.

"Nothing. I just forgot I was wearing this thing is all," she replies with a soft laugh. "I hate when people stare."

He looks around, noticing the stares before draping an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him as he leans down, maintaining eye contact so he can whisper. 

"They're just jealous they can't look as stunning as you do in this dress. Don't worry, princess. All good vibes," he reassures her with a soft whisper, peering into her eyes as he keeps her close with his arm. She blushes lightly, smiling shyly at him before looking back down at her feet. He grins widely, removing his arm as they move forward. Once at the front, he asks for two hot dogs before paying the man. "Thank you," he thanks him before walking to the second window to receive the hot dogs. She grins, grabbing her hot dog. She closes her eyes as the delicious scent of the food tickles her nostrils, starting the grumbles in her stomach. 

"Mm...this smells so good!"

"It does, huh?" he grins and takes a bite of his hot dog. He closes his eyes as a mixture of sweet and salty flavors grace his tastebuds, his mouth already salivating for more so he takes another bite. "Mm...this was a good choice, princess."

"It was huh?" she grins, lining the hot dog with ketchup and mustard before taking another bite, unaware of  the remnants of the sauce just sitting on the corner of . "mm!"

He chuckles, glancing at the sauce on her skin. She blinks as he begins to move forward. She suddenly flinches lightly in surprise as he leans down, dabbing at the sauce with a napkin to wipe it off. Once off, he pulls away, tossing the napkin into a nearby trash can. 

"There you go. You had a little sauce on your mouth is all."

"O-oh. Thank you," she thanks him with a smile before fishing off her hot dog. They both toss their hot dog sticks into the trash before walking along the path. "This is such a fun night so far."

"Yeah? I'm glad you like it."

She nods as she continues to walk, wincing slightly as her heels begin to dig into her feet due to having worn them all day. She hisses a little, stopping to notice a small tear on the back of her ankle from the rubbing of her heel. "Ow..." she says to herself with a small pout. Hyunsik stops to look down at her, concern and worry instantly hitting him before bending down to check on her ankle.

"Oh gosh...how much does it hurt?"

"Not too much right now since I'm not walking. It hurts when I walk. Stupid heels."

She frowns as she begins to remove the heels.

"You can't walk without heels. You could step on something sharp and hurt yourself," he gazes at her with worried eyes.

"It's okay. I'll be careful."

He looks at her completely unconvinced. "Here. I'll carry you."

"What? no. I don't need to be carried."

"Too bad."

"I- what?" before she can say another word, she is suddenly lifted into his arms bridal style with her heels in her arms. She squeals, instantly wrapping her arms loosely around his neck and she gulps as they are finally at eye level. He grins widely at her.

"Wow, you're light." She suddenly laughs, hiding her face in his shoulder as he begins to walk with her in his arms.

"I can't believe you're carrying me right now. We just met."

"Yes, and I can't let a girl I just met walk around barefoot. What kind of gentleman do you think I am? if you hurt yourself, you might not agree to go on anymore dates with me," he says with a light chuckle, his tone playful as per usual. 

"So...this is a date?"

As he walks, he looks down at her in his arms, falling in love with the innocence in her eyes as she just stares at him clueless.

"It's whatever you want it to be, love."

The two continue to walk until they reach a small, secluded, grassy area by the river. Once they arrive, he places her down gently onto her feet before sitting down, his arms hugging his knees as he rests his head against them.

"Now this is my happy place," Hyunsik whispers, looking out. Krystal sits down beside him, smiling softly as she looks out as well.

"I've never been to this spot, but then again, the area is pretty big..."

"I don't normally bring anyone here, you know."

"Really? and you decided to bring me? why?"

He shrugs his shoulders before turning his head to look at her.

"I just-I just naturally felt the need to I suppose," he whispers, his eyes glancing at her lips from time to time. He clears his throat, the back of his neck reddening slightly in which he scratches nervously. She smiles a little, tilting her head slightly at his nervous demeamor.

"You okay?"

"Um- yeah. I was just- I don't know. I thought about something."

"And that would be...?"

He finds himself getting lost in those eyes and he is unable to keep himself from doing what he has been wanting to do the whole night. Without hesitation, he leans forward, gently placing his lips against hers, kissing her softly and momentarily before pulling away instantly, his ears red as he immediately looks away, trying to avoid contact.

"I-. I'm sorry about that. I couldn't help it-"

Krystal immediately leans forward, cupping his face in her hands before pressing her lips against his, kissing him gently. He stares in shock before closing his eyes slowly, arms slipping around her waist to pull her body even closer to his as his lips move in perfect synchronization with hers. He tilts his head slightly, trying to get a better angle as he kisses her lovingly, the feeling of her lips creating this euphoric feeling within him. She's his new addiction, and he never wants it to stop. A few moments later, they slowly pull away, resting their foreheads against each other's. She shyly grins up at him, eyes meeting as he reaches up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear. He leans in, pecking her lips a few times before pulling away with a soft laugh.

"I- wow...that was better than I had expected."

"Yeah?" she asks, laughing softly.

"Yeah definitely. Man, I could kiss you for hours."

"Feel free to," Krystal responds with a soft smile. Hyunsik then pats his lap.

"Come. Sit."

She blushes, shyly moving so she is sitting comfortably in his lap. His arms wrap around her as he rests his chin on her shoulder, his nose lightly nuzzling her neck. She giggles a little bit at the affection. He pecks her cheek with a grin before looking out across the water.

"Wow, this is way better than ballroom dancing," he whispers to himself. She laughs softly, leaning back against his frame.

"You can say that again."

"Krystal?"

"Hm?"

"Does this mean you will go on a second date with me?"

Krystal turns her head slightly to look back at him. She grins softly, giving him a sweet kiss.

"How's that for an answer?"

He chuckles, nuzzling her neck lightly. "It was perfect."

And with that, an adventure began.