Chapter 5

A Queen for a Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was decided that Baekhyun should leave for the Valley ahead of Chanyeol. They wanted to push up their entire trip, but they couldn’t descend on the Kingdom of the Valley without reason. Baekhyun, however, would have a perfect excuse to access the situation. He and Prince Jongdae left early after sending word to Kyungsoo and Junmyeon.

 

Baekhyun was anxious about the entire ordeal. When he left his birth home to be with Chanyeol it felt as though he was leaving a hellscape to see the sun for the first time. Even though it was cold and unfamiliar on the Mountain, he knew he was safe there. But then, he thought of his brothers and his friend and the courage that he needed to face his father well up inside him.

 

Jongdae would be accompanying him instead of Sehun so nothing they did would be seen as a threat. Both he and Chanyeol thought everything through as carefully as possible given the trip was suddenly moving up.

 

Even so, Baekhyun had so much on his mind. He tried to prime himself for anything and everything as he left his new home.

 

 

 

 

Tensions felt like they were especially high after Kyungsoo’s heat died down. It became common knowledge that he and the Crown Prince were now mated. For a plethora of reasons, there was unrest within the court of the palace about that fact.

 

To help with his confusion, Kyungsoo asked to see Junmyeon. The older prince had always been able to explain things easily to him. But he had spoken with Junmyeon for little more than ten minutes before they were separated. Jongin demanded Kyungsoo return to bed to rest even though his heat had passed and Junmyeon was due in only a handful of days.

 

The entire kingdom seemed to be excited for the return of their second prince. Baekhyun was meant to travel back to the Valley to be with his brother when the baby was born, followed closely by Chanyeol. Kyungsoo had to admit to himself that he was greatly looking forward to seeing his friend again.

 

He waited very impatiently for four days until it was announced that Queen Baekhyun’s caravan had entered the city. Jongin had promised to let him greet Baekhyun at the exact moment of his arrival. The whole of the court was there to give their greetings to the new queen. Everyone accepting Prince Junmyeon, who was on bed rest.

 

Kyungsoo tried to remain civil and demure, but failed when he and Baekhyun looked at each other. They both laughed and choked kind of laugh and embraced each other as if they had been separated for a hundred years.

 

 

 

 

“You should be focusing on yourself, Jun.” Baekhyun sighed. After all of the formalities, Kyungsoo brought him up to see his older brother. And Junmyeon had immediately stated lecturing him about their plans. “You’re literally about to have a baby.”

 

“Which is why it is concerning me so greatly. Who wants to raise a child under a king like our father?” The prince sighed. He had become very unapologetically vocal in the last days of his pregnancy.

 

“Concern yourself with your child for now, brother. Jongin and I will handle everything while you’re indisposed.” Baek grinned.

 

“And that king of yours.” They all laughed.

 

“How is Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo finally had the room to ask.

 

“Well. He misses you. Everyone does.” Baekhyun replied.

 

“I miss them, too.” He sighed.

 

“Not as much, now, I hope.”

 

They both looked to Junmyeon. Kyungsoo blushed beet red. “You all have been taking good care of me, if that’s what you mean.”

 

“You know very well that that’s not what I mean.” Jun smirked. “Baekhyun is here now. You both can talk about these things. You’re in the same boat.”

 

“I have been meaning to talk to you about . . . things like that.” Baek admitted. “We can speak in the days to come. I’ll be here until after the blessing.”

 

 

 

 

 

The rest of the day Baekhyun was in meetings with the court and his brothers. Kyungsoo spent time catching up with his beta brother, Jongdae, whom he also had to reassure that the Crown Prince had been very good to him. Finally, at the end of the day, the two friends were able to rest together alone. Since Baekhyun had a suite to himself, the omegas holed themselves up to speak about private matters.

 

They sat together at the low table while Baekhyun poured tea for the pair of them. “Tell me honestly, my friend,” the queen began, “how is everything? Are you alright?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded. “After the incident I told you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter