Even Before I Know Your Name

Senorita Sooyoung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Supermodel Park Sooyoung loved her world so much that day, she began dancing on her own in the middle of the party.

Scouted by Nevs Model Agency when she was visiting London after she graduated high school, she had accepted the offer and never looked back.

At first, her parents were horrified at the idea of her nineteen year old daughter to be a model abroad, far away from Jeju, her hometown in South Korea. But Nevs Agency was insistent and persuasive, as they didn’t want to lose her.

They promised her parents she’d get a personal assistant who’s also a Korean, her safety would be prioritized over anything else and they would take good care of her.

Sooyoung said she would just try it out for a year, before trying to study in the U.K. Her parents were influenced by the idea that their daughter’s English would improve really well and that she might try to study in the U.K after all.

However, the fashion world was in love with Park Sooyoung. Even in the present date, an Asian was still a rarity in the said world, especially a South Korean. True, she was not as tall as the European models, but her body proportion was flawless.

She’s also a genius in expressions. She could look innocent, y, lethal, menacing or childlike in the short time of one camera flash.

At that to her unwillingness to join the glamorous (yet suicidal) lifestyle of extreme dieting, drugs and wild parties, she became a mystery.

It wasn’t easy to live in London. She missed home constantly. Although there was Song Seungwan, her personal assistant, it still wasn’t the same as living in her homeland. She was too busy trying to like the city, the food and the habits. She had no time to be wild.

Six months after she started, Nevs Agency was flooded by invitations of her to walk runways all over Europe. By the time her one year contract expired, she enjoyed her job too much to return to South Korea or to study in a college.

She embraced modelling as her full time career and aimed to excel in it. She walked every runway as if it could be her last, making her aura exuded an unbeatable flair that designers loved.

“When I see my clothes hang on your body, it’s like the world can’t crush you even if it tries.”

Needless to say, her beauty was close to magical. Magazines dubbed her as “The living and breathing Aphrodite from South Korea.”

***************************************************************

Fast forward to five years later, Sooyoung had become a famous name in the modelling world. Victoria’s Secret hired her. Fendi, Chanel, Burberry, Karen Millen and Alexander McQueen hired her regularly as their runway model. She held commercial contracts to endorse Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Balenciaga and finally Style Nanda from Korea.

She bought a bigger house and a car for her parents, also fund her siblings’ education.

And finally, the epitome of her five year work was being hired as Gomez-Gracia’s sole model.

Gomez-Gracia was a fashion brand made from the talented hands of Patricia Gomez-Gracia. Trained under Alexander Mcqueen, she moved from Miami to New York, then finally London. Her style never followed the current trend, but she aimed to create something everlasting that was both edgy yet elegant.

Her designs soon garnered their own fans. She first opened her boutique in London, then New York and spreading in lots of the major cities of the world. This year, she would finally open two boutiques. One in her hometown, Miami, and the other in Seoul, thanks to her latest investor, Yook Sungjae from Six Pillars Corporations.

CEO Yook owned a handful of luxurious shopping centres in East Asia, and one of his experts had advised for him to invest in the brand that could go nowhere but forward: Gomez-Gracia.

On the other hand, Patricia Gomez-Gracia had hired Park Sooyoung several times to walk her fashion shows. There was something in Sooyoung that made the designer really liked her. Probably it’s in the way she could morph from a y superstar on the catwalk to the nearly nerdy Korean girl backstage, who liked to read comics (she said it’s manhwa in Korean) and snacked on seaweed.

Probably it was the way she left all the flowers sent by the London male socialites at her dressing room, the invitation cards for personal rendezvous left unopened.

Or maybe it’s how she answered when the designer asked, “What would you like to do after you’re too old to walk runways anymore?”. She had said, without even a second of hesitation, “Start my own makeup brand.”

Jokingly, she then inquired, “How big would you like it to be?”

“As big as could be. The best even, if possible.”

Patricia liked her. How genuine Sooyoung was. How unchanged, despite all the glitz and temptations of the modelling world. How grounded.

In a way, Sooyoung reminded her a lot of her younger self.

So it made perfect sense to think of her when she would start selling her brand in all the shopping centres Yook Sungjae had. When Patricia thought of South Korea, she could only think of Park Sooyoung.

That evening, she was going to sign the final contract with Yook Sungjae, who flew from Seoul to attend the opening of her Miami boutique.

After the signing, she would cut the ribbons of her Miami boutique. The first event in the store would be a fashion show.

**************************

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter