Chapter 1

A Last Hope
Please log in to read the full chapter

Please don't forget to leave a comment ^^

Jinyoung burst through the door during Jaebeom's lecture and didn't bother to knock. His lips were trying to mouth words to him. Jaebeom stood up with the tips of his fingers bracing his weight against the wood as he leaned forward '' Jinyoung, what is so important that you had to rudely interrupt my lecture ? ''

His friend didn't flinch at his words as he stepped closer to him '' It's Suzy.'' Without a second hesitation Jaebeom ran out of the classroom with Jinyoung leaving a very confused students behind.

'' What is it Jinyoung ? Tell me ? Is she okay ? '' He demanded.

Jinyoung put his hand on his friend's shoulder '' I got a call from Ji Eun and she told me that -- '' He paused '' Jaebeom ... there's been an accident.''

Ji Eun  had gotten off the phone to Jinyoung telling him about the accident. She put her phone on the table and sat down beside Suzy. Her friend remained silent the entire time.

'' The doctor said i have partial amnesia but i remember everything quite well '' Suzy finally said.

'' The doctor said that you have a Post-traumatic amnesia. Retrograde amnesia, to be precise. It means that you can't remember a certain amount of time prior the accident, about two months to be precise. '' Ji Eun quietly said.

'' My father shouldn't know about this '' Suzy slowly said, she lifted her eyes and frantically looked at her friend '' He'll probably revoke my position as the CEO and i can't have this happen after everything i did for the company. '' She paused '' Ji Eun, i need to know everything that happened at the company in these two months, business deals, meetings, projects ... everything. ''

'' Suzy .. '' Ji Eun called out her name '' Your fiancé is on the way here. ''

'' Fiancé ? '' She answered with wide eyes '' Is this father's doing ? An arranged marriage ? ''

Ji Eun shook her head '' You didn't tell me anything about your fiancé, i only know that his name is Jaebeom and that he is an art professor. To be honest, your engagement was so sudden. If you want my advise, don't trust him too much. '' 

'' Is there anything else i should know about him ? '' She asked.

'' You're not going to tell him about your amnesia ? '' Ji Eun replied

Suzy shook her head '' You said that i shouldn't trust him too much, it might be an arranged marriage and i don't want my father to know about my condition. I'll just break off our engagement and - ''.

The door of the room opened and revealed a man wearing a white shirt and black pants with his messy black hair. His posture seemed very regal. She noticed how Ji Eun stiffened by her side and her facial expression turned to annoyed.

'' Suzy ! '' Jaebeom called as he rushed towards her bed, a look of relief plastered upon his face '' You're alright ! Thank god ! '' He enveloped her in a hug but quickly let go '' I apologize i hope i didn't hurt you '' He paused as he looked at the bandage just above her left eyebrow '' What happened ? ''

Jaebeom was silent as he waited for her answer. Suzy felt herself quiver under his gaze. She felt herself flush.

'' She fainted and fell down the stairs '' Ji Eun explained '' The doctor said that her blood pressure was slightly low and that she fainted due to exhaustion. Fortunately she only sprained her wrist and had a small injury in her head ''

Jaebeom nodded '' Thank you. You must be Ji Eun ? Suzy's best friend, right ? ''

'' Yes, nice to meet you Mr.Lim '' Ji Eun replied.

'' Nice to meet you too. Please call me by my name '' He replied softly before he turned his gaze towards Suzy as he

Please log in to read the full chapter