Pretty Stranger

Pretty Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung runs and runs. The moon shining brightly upon her. The feeling of excitement overflowing her. Her bare feet gets tickled by the grass beneath. She did not know why she was running. Nor whom was she running to. But she felt excited and happy. So she kept running.

Out of breath, she stops infront of a field. Placing her hands on her knees, she catches her breath. 

She looks up and sees a beautiful girl in a white dress. The girl's back facing her. Mesmerized, she stands still. Not long after, the girl turns her head around. Revealing a pretty face and a gummy smile. Her brown locks blown in the air by the night breeze. She stands in the middle of the field. The moon casting light upon the beautiful girl. 

"Chaeng? Come quick! The moon is shining bright tonight." She steps forward. One, two, three-

"Breakfast!" Something heavy climbs up on the girl. Rubbing her eyes, she identifies the person waking her up.

"Dahyun unnie?" She squints her eyes. Looking beside her and onto the clock. "It's only 6:31 AM. It's too early for breakfast." She slurs her words and pushes the older girl off of her. Chaeyoung closes her eyes again. She tries to go back to her dream. Whatever that was, she can't remember. 

Then, she suddenly sits up, throws her blanket over her, and dashes out. Dahyun, Chaeyoung's roommate since college, stands inside the room, dumbfounded. "What the ?" She follows the girl.

Almost breaking the door to her office, Chaeyoung quickly picks up a pencil from her table and sits on her chair. Snatching a sketchbook from the shelf behind her. 

The girl. The girl she saw from her dream. That was what she needed to sketch. Trying to remember every part. 

Dahyun leans on the doorframe. Crossing her arms as she sees the focused look on her bestfriend's face. Chaeyoung dashing out of her room just to sketch and paint was nothing out of the ordinary. Dahyun thinks that the girl probably dreamed of something worth capturing. She smiles and walks away. 

Chaeyoung quickly does a rough sketch of the girl she sees. Not forgetting the background ofcourse. 

Ripping the page off of the sketchpad, she moves infront of her easle in the middle of the room. Brushes, paint, and other materials already laid out and ready to use. Settling the sketch on the side, she starts a proper sketch. Each line drawn with care and accuracy.

Satisfied with the sketch. She lifts up a brush and starts painting. Each hue complimenting the others. She tries her best to recreate the scene she saw from her dream. The girl, in the middle of the field, with the moon shining behind her, flashing a gummy smile at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung smiles at her work. "She's pretty." She mumbles to herself.

"She's pretty, alright." A voice came up behind her, startling the little painter. 

"Oh my god unnie. Don't crawl up on me like that." Chaeyoung places a hand on her chest, calming down from the surprise. 

"Why are you dressed? Your shooting starts at 12pm-" Chaeyoung changes her gaze to the wall clock just over the door, "- oh my god it's 11am!" 

Chaeyoung unknowingly spent almost 5 hours painting. 

• • •

Surrounded by mirrors. That's the state Chaeyoung is in right now. Everywhere she looked, she would be met by her own reflection. 

She runs through the mirrored walls until she enters a big dome. 

In the center of this dome, one glass box is stationed. Walking closer, Chaeyoung realizes that there is something inside. Well, on the other side. 

A girl. She looks familliar. She inches closer and so does the girl. Chaeyoung studies the girl's feautures. Light brown hair that would reach up until her chest. A small face. Pink lips. And a single mole right beneath the space between her eyes. 

"Pretty," Chaeyoung mumbled to herself. 

Chaeyoung raises a hand, attempting to wave at the girl. However, the latter doesn't respond. Instead, she continues on staring. Right on Chaeyoung's orbs, making the girl shy down. 

Chaeyoung walks to the other side of the cube. Now the girl wasn't facing her. Chaeyoung was looking at the side view of the girl. 

The girl was still staring on something. Following the girl's gaze, Chaeyoung realized that the girl wasn't staring at her earlier, but rather, staring at herself. The girl is facing a mirror. 

"This is weird." 

And Chaeyoung woke up. 

Sitting up straight, Chaeyoung stares at the wall in front of her. Resting her head on the headboard. She ponders for a few minutes before getting out and slipping her slides on. Exiting her room and going down to the kitchen, making herself a cup of coffee. 

Noticing the sticky note by the counter, she examines it. 

"I'm going to the studio early today. New model to photoshoot. - Dahyun." 

Chaeyoung crumples the paper and accurately shoots it in the bin. Whistling proudly as she makes her way into her office. 

She sets her cup onto her desk, leaning into it as she examines the room filled with various paintings by her framed on the wall. Scanning each one, a certain painting catches her eye and she walks closer to it. 

"Wait, isn't this the girl from my dream earlier?" 

Chaeyoung furrows her eyebrows. Had she dreamt of the same girl two days in a row? It can't be. 

Chaeyoung looks closer, and to her surprise, it was, indeed, the girl from her recent dreams! Chaeyoung thought that it was bizzare. That it was weird. Yet, on the following days, she kept dreaming and dreaming about the girl. She had never met this girl even once in her life, but why does she always appear in the painter's dreams? 

For a month, this went on.

She dreamt of the girl sitting beside a vase of sunflowers. The girl looked beautiful with sunflowers. And so she painted that.

She dreamt of the girl playing with penguins. The girl reminded Chaeyoung of a penguin. And so she painted that. The girl surrounded with penguins. A bright smile plastered on her face.

She dreamt of the girl facing her. Maintaining eye contact and saying nothing. The girl's face close up was so beautiful. And so she painted that. A portrait of the girl's beautiful features.

She dreamt of the girl and her running hand in hand during the night time. Passing the busy, crowded streets and giggling. And so she painted that. 

She dreamt of the girl leaning over and staring at the lights' reflections on the water, and how she looked so beautiful under the starry night. And so she painted that.

Chaeyoung painted ea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter