Final

Black Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A figure sat on top of a church tower, looking at the moon. Wings shifted and silky black hair flowed freely in the wind. A small tune was hummed as the figure, female stood up, her wings folding neatly behind her. Her pink lips curled into a small, sad smile as she watched a girll below walking quickly, her hair bobbing in time with her step. The mysterious girl stretched her wings and the moonlight caught glossy black wings, the ray's shining off the jet black feathers.

 

"Well… I fell for this reason… might as well get what I came for."

 

She jumped off the tower, making no sound as her wings glided her down and behind rows of tall trees. As she landed softly, she folded her wings and with a small snap of her fingers, they disappeared.

She fixed her black dress shirt and popped up her collar a bit. She adjusted her necklace of multiple strings and a cross before making sure she still had all her rings. She dusted off her form fitting black jeans and black shoes before strolling out of the covered area, acting as if she was any other pedestrian out for a late night walk.

As she got close to where the other girl had rounded the corner, she heard a high pitched scream. Her eyes widened then narrowed as she hurried to the small alley. Standing there with his hands all over the girl was a drunken man, just out of the bar around the corner. She snarled, successfully distracting the attacker's attention from the pigtailed girl.

 

"What. Do. You. Think. You're. Doing?"

 

The attacker only chuckled before smashing his beer bottle and lunging at her. She dodged the lunge and kicked him square in the face, efficiently knocking him out. She stood tall as she looked down at the pitiful man. She made sure to stomp once where it hurt the most before slowly walking up to the girl who cowered against the wall.

 

"Hey… you alright?"

 

The girl gave a hesitant nod as she looked at her saviors eyes. They seemed to glow with an unearthly tint. The brown depths capturing her attention just as quickly as cupid's arrow would find its mark. She felt a deathly cold hand brush the stray strands from her face and jumped. The stranger was surprised before composing herself and walking out of the alley. She stood at the entrance and turned around, sticking her hands in her pocket.

 

"Come now. Don't want to hang around here too long.

 

She stared at the mysterious savior before quickly running out of the alley way. The stranger, who was a bit smaller, led her to a table outside of a small café with outdoor seating. The girl went up and ordered something before walking back and sitting across from her.

 

"So what is a pretty girl like yourself doing out here?"

 

"I was… trying to get home. I just left my friend's house before realizing how late it was."

 

"I see… say… I never did catch you name."

 

"Sana. My name is Minatozaki Sana."

 

"Nice to meet you Ms. Minatozaki. My name is Mina. Just Mina."

 

"Ah… it's nice to meet you too Mina-ssi. Thank you for saving me."

 

"Of course. I couldn't let something bad happen to such a beautiful flower."

 

Sana blushed at the compliment and Mina only chuckled. The waiter brought them their drinks and she thanked him quietly and with a smile. He walked away a bit tipsy after that. Mina turned back to Sana and pushed the mug towards her.

 

"It's just warm milk with a hint of cinnamon and sugar. Don't worry. I'm not going to drug you."

 

Sana's expression became shocked and Mina let out a light laugh. Sana's eyes, which had gone back to regular size once again, became big once again. Mina's laughter was like a clear bell, beautiful but something was hidden in that sound. Sana took hold of the warm mug and put her lips to it, sipping the warm liquid. Right when the liquid hit her taste buds, her eyes sparkled and she began to take bigger sips. Then she heard it again, the beautiful laughter.

 

"I take it that you like?"

 

Sana nodded and smiled. As they sat and drank their steaming mugs, they began to talk. Sana slowly found herself enticed by the stranger. Her beauty was unlike any other and her pale skin seemed to glow in the dim lights the café casted on them. The brown eyes held something she couldn't quite place and the smile had a hidden message. A sad message. They sat and chatted, losing track of time until Sana's phone rang.

 

"Hello? Ah! Ehhhh? It's that late already? Okay! I'm coming home! What? The trains were shut down? Ehhhhh… um…."

 

Mina looked at the girl with interest as she spoke to the person on the other end. It seemed like her mother or father. She continued to watch until she noticed Sana was panicking. She chuckled and leaned over.

 

"Come stay over tonight. It's late and I heard there was an accident on the tracks earlier today."

 

Sana covered the mouth piece of her phone before eyeing Mina with a questioning look. Mina only looked back and nodded before shrugging. Sana sighed and went back to the phone.

"It's okay mom, I'll stay with a friend. Yes… yes… it's a girl… yes… I'm sure she won't me… yes… no… okay… okay bye mom."

"… Did she ask if I was going to you or something?"

 

"Not really. She just kept asking if it was safe so I just put it out bluntly."

 

Mina laughed and once again, Sana was put into a trance. She saw Mina call for the waiter and as he walked over, his eyes stayed on Mina. It wasn't just a regular questioning stare though. It was filled with hunger and lust. Mina saw it too but ignored it. She quickly paid the bill and stood up. She held out her hand for Sana and smiled. Sana hesitantly took the hand, coldness shooting up her arm as she once again felt Mina's cold skin. Mina led Sana back to her place, both walking hand in hand. Mina led Sana into a neighborhood full of big houses and they kept walking until they reached the middle of the street. Mina turned towards one of the gates and behind it, stood a house slightly bigger than the rest.

 

"Here we are. Home sweet home."

 

All Sana could do was stare at it in wonder. She's lived in an apartment her whole life and now, she stands before this gorgeous house. Mina lightly tugged on her hand and led her to the front door, unlocking it with a key she produced from her pocket. As they stepped in, they caught sight of a girl walking up the stairs with a book in hand.

 

"Hey Tzuyu. I'm home."

 

The girl turned around and gave a nod and a smile before saying a light "welcome home" and continuing her trek upstairs. As they put their shoes off to the side, another girl with hair down to her shoulders bounded in.

 

"Mina! Ho—oh! We have a guest! Hello, my name is Dahyun! Just Dahyun! It's nice to meet you!"

 

Sana was shocked at the energy this girl radiated. She was beaming full force and compared to the girl that went upstairs, her energy was out of control.

"Um… I'm Minatozaki Sana. It's nice to meet you Dahyun-ssi…"

 

Dahyun's eyes widened and she looked at Mina, clearly shocked. Mina only stared back and nodded. Suddenly, a girl came in from the same direction Dahyun came in. She saw Mina and Sana and walked up to stand beside Dahyun.

 

"Welcome home Mina and hello there! I'm Hirai Momo! It's nice to meet you!"

 

"I'm Minatozaki Sana… it's nice to meet you too Ms. Hirai."

 

This time, it was Momo's turn to turn a shocked face to Mina who, once again, nodded her head. Momo then smiled and shook her head before laughing and patting Mina on the shoulder. Both Dahyun and Momo said their good nights and went upstairs holding hands. Once they reached the landing, Dahyun said something and Momo immediately looked away from her and pouted. Dahyun laughed, took hold of Momo's chin, puller her back, and placed a sweet kiss on Momo's lips before whispering something to her. Sana watched wide eyed and Mina just laughed.

 

"Leave those two love birds alone. They're always like that."

 

Mina led Sana up the stairs and past several doors, each with a different label on them. Tawny, white, and red. They walked past all of them and at the end was the last door. Across the plaque was just like the other. Except this one spelt out Black. Mina opened the door and held it for Sana, gesturing for her to enter. As Sana entered, she saw that the room was a bit on the dark side. The curtains blocked out most of the lights except for a few beams of moonlight that fell onto the floor and casted eerie shadows onto the walls. To the left was a desk with books on shelves and to the right was a TV, sound system, game systems, and a small cushion chair to sit on. Upon closer inspection, Sana noticed black feathers scattered around the room, mostly on the bed and on the desk.

 

"So… many black feathers…"

 

"Ah… yes. Sorry about that. "

 

"Where did they all come from? Do you own a bird?"

 

"Hm? Oh. Nope. Don't worry. I'll clean them up. Go on and shower or wash up. There's a towel in the drawer to the left in the rest room. There should be towels in there. The drawer to the right should have clothes that fit you."

 

Sana nodded and walked off to the adjourning bathroom while Mina went about collecting the feathers. Right when the door closed, she snapped her fingers and they all flew into her hands.

 

"Note to self… don't let guest in when you have feathers lying around. Especially the one you love."

 

She placed then in a cabinet with the others and closed it before switching on her Xbox. As she sat there and played, she waited patiently for Sana to finish. She heard the water shut off and some shuffling before Sana stepped out. All Mina could do was stare as Sana came out dressed in a silk white nightgown the flowed down to just above her knee.

 

"So… how do I look?"

 

"You… uh… y-you look fantastic!"

 

"Are you sure? You're not lying to me are you, Mina-ssi?"

 

"No no! Of course not! Here… do as you wish! I need to go shower too."

Mina quickly walked into the bathroom and shut the door, letting out a sigh of relief. She took off all her accessories and slowly ed her shirt. As her shirt came off, her wings began to expand once again until she can freely stretch it.

"Mmmm that feels better."

 

She got into the wide bath and began to bath and wash her wings, making them gleam in the light. She finished quickly, hid her wings, and dressed in a pair of short shorts and a tank top before stepping out while toweling her hair. There, she found Sana sitting in front of the TV watching some of the animes she had in the cabinet.

 

"Enjoying yourself, Ms. Minatozaki?"

 

"Yes… this anime is quite interesting. Sadly, you don't have K-On though."

 

"Oh? You like that one?"

 

"Very much."

 

Mina laughed and sat down next to Sana. They sat there and watched a whole episode before Mina got up and headed towards the cabinet to grab some pillows and blankets. She laid them out on the floor and laid down, rolling herself up into the blankets. Sana stared at her like she was crazy.

 

"What's wrong Ms. Minatozaki?"

 

"Why are you sleeping on the floor?"

 

"Well… so you can take the bed?"

 

"Nonsense! I'll take the floor! It is your bed after all!"

 

"No! You're the guest!"

"We'll share it!"

 

"..."

 

Mina had a silent debate in her head. Would she do something to the girl? She highly doubts it… she didn't fall because of lust. She fell because of the wrong love. But that doesn't mean she won't do anything bad… no. She was sure she won't.

 

"Fine. We'll share."

 

"Good! You agreed!"

 

Sana shut off the TV as Mina went to put the blankets away. As Sana crawled into bed, she noticed a stuffed animal in the corner. She immediately began to swoon as a medium sized squirrel plushie sat there with its smile facing here.

 

"How cute!"

 

"Oh… that? I won it on one of those machines."

 

Sana held it as she laid down, intent on holding to sleep. Mina only chuckled at her antics and crawled into bed besides her. They laid there in silence for a few moments before Mina felt Sana shift and suddenly, she felt arms around her waist.

 

"Ehhh?"

 

"Sorry… I'm used to sleeping with a long body pillow… the squirrel is cute but not big enough."

 

Mina laughed and held onto Sana's hand, lightly the knuckles. She closed her eyes and soon enough, both of them were asleep. By morning, they had exchanged numbers and after a few months, they were calling each other and talking as if they had known each other since they were born. The rest of Mina's "family" observed from afar for a while. Then they called Mina in for a meeting and when they all sat down, the girl with white wings looked at Mina. The other two girls with wings also looked at Mina. Dahyun had one of her tawny wings folded neatly and the other one slightly curled around Momo who was leaning against her shoulder. The last one with red wings sat staring at Mina. Her red wings would shift or twitch when Nayeon played with the wrong feather.

 

"You called for a meeting, Jihyo?"

 

"Yes… I did… they day we found you after you fell from the skies were the day you told us you fell for the same reason as us. You fell in love with a mortal… a mortal girl."

 

"Yes?"

 

"Is Minatozaki Sana the girl you spoke of?"

 

"It… is. It's her."

 

Jihyo folded her wings neatly and sat down. Tzuyu placed a hand on her shoulder before continuing to read from her small book. Dahyun looked up from playing with Momo's fingers and smiled at Mina.

 

"That's good! You're getting to k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter