Still A Happily Ever After, I Love You

TS42BS: Valentine's Dilemma [ONESHOT]

02:00PM: THE START OF THE DATE

Jiyong's POV

Here I am again, waiting for my lady outside her front porch. I self checked myself from the reflection of my Bentley, perfect. I'm going for the smart-casual look since today is indeed a pretty special day, it will be the first time that me and my girl would be celebrating Valentine's Day together. A pair of Gucci jeans from their spring collection, a John Galliano blazer with an Armani tee underneath. I brought my car out today, just to impress her that she is actually not dating some poor bloke, I am something.

Behind my back is a huge teddy bear, which I am rather embarrassed at. People walking along the road stared at me for holding onto something so gay like this in public. Thank god today is Valentine's Day which gave me the excuse of this being my girlfriend's gift, which I wanted to give her since the start when we are dating but I couldn't find a chance not to be shy carrying it around.

She has this weird obsession for this Rilakkuma. She has plenty in her house, and once I caught her phone wallpaper was this irritating bear. How could she not put my handsome face as her wallpaper? I decided to compromise, so I took a selca with me holding onto the bear. As expected, that was the new wallpaper. But till now I couldn't figure out whether she put it because of me, or is it because of the bear.

 

The door clicked open, revealing a stunning woman in an Alexander McQueen mini dress with Christian Louboutin's sassy turquoise heel.

 

I was blown away.

 

Chaerin's POV

I was already ready at around noon. I managed to borrow a dress from Bommie-unnie the day before, because the last time I've checked none of my clothes are suitable for a date for a special occasion. I kinda regretted my decision though, because unnie's dresses were all so short. I tried to hide my legs under leggings, but the whole look seems weird and funny, hence I had to make do with the danger of exposing myself.

Jiyong-oppa is here early too. I saw him pacing around outside my house for very long, checking himself out, doing stretching, talking to my gift... There's no surprise there, the Rilakkuma is so obvious. Twirling around my egg chair, I smiled to my collection and said...

 

"My babies, you got a new friend coming to join you tonight."

 

We waited anxiously for the time to meet up. I slided into my heels and did a final check on my appearance. Tugging the bottom of the dress, in a futile attempt to lengthen it to cover more skin, I gave up eventually and opened the door. 

That is good, he looks awestrucked. I must have charmed him like how he did to me. He looked so handsome today.

 

"Hey Hunchae. You looked beautiful..."

"You too oppa..."

 

Being the gentleman he is, he opened his car door for me and we started our date.

 

03:47PM: ARCADE

Jiyong's POV

Games are what I'm good at.

 

I had successfully thrashed my girlfriend for the fifth consecutive time at Mario Go Kart. Usually what I play is those advanced street racing games, but this time I've decided to give her the advantage of trying out a new game that I'd never played before.

 

"Jiyong-oppa! Why are you doing this to me!"

 

I purposely slowed down and waited for her until she overtook me. I liked her changing expressions. She was so happy when she overtook me (she even stuck out her tongue at me) but when I increased speed a look of worry and anxiety took over and she got so serious with her two hands grabbing onto the wheel tightly, all her focus on the game.

 

"First again!" 

"Aishhh, oppa I hate you. You kept bullying me."

 

Ouch, it does sting a little when your girlfriend said she hates you even though I know that she was joking.

 

Chaerin's POV

Why are we here? He said that he wanted me to have fun and let myself go as this is usually what he does when he gets stressed up. So in short this is like his favorite haunt and I would like to check it out, to know more about him and his interest.

I thought this game was pretty easy, but to be honest, it's not! It is so damn difficult to drive with heels and a short dress. When I sat down I can feel the dress going higher and higher, almost exposing everything I had. I had to concentrate more on myself instead of the game, and true to my belief, I lost a consecutive 6th round now.

 

"Why! Oppa next time you try wearing a dress and heels to drive. You think it's that easy? Let me win!"

"Nope, you had to win oppa by yourself Hunchae." He winked at me looking as relaxed as ever.

 

The way he drives is exactly like how he does in his Bentley. One hand on the steering wheel and the other on mine. Not in this case though because I needed my both hands to do the work, so he just let his free hand go on the sides, sometimes supporting his head with a bored expression. Finally, for the first time, I won.

 

"YESSSSSSS! JIYONG-OPPA IS A NOOB! HEHEHEHE"

I was too busy celebrating my victory when I missed out his meaningful smile to me.

 

04:05PM: MOVIE

Jiyong's POV

I chose a horror instead of a romance film. I bet she didn't expected that. As usual, I thought if I did choose a romance film, all the couple seats would have already been taken. Those that you can push up the arm rest so that the two people can be closer to each other. The next possible option which she would automatically initiate skinship is the horror. I am unsure if she likes it or hated it to the core, but I'm just trying my luck.

 

I'd lucked out. She's afraid.

 

She was begging me not to bring her into the theatre when she saw the title of the film "I'm Under Your Bed Tonight Waiting To Kill You". I didn't even read the review of the movie, I had totally no clue what it is gonna be about, but her face had already looked crumpled, pleading, displaying her rare aegyo I always loved... (this cold girlfriend rarely shows me how cute she is!)

Chaerin covered her eyes with her hands, sometimes peeking through the gaps from her fingers to follow the story. Even though she's scared, she is still curious about the plot. I chuckled at how innocent this girl is, maybe I did the wrong choice and my points in her boyfriend-meter would go down. That really scared me. She didn't even realized that I had secretly pulled up the arm rest, placing my arms on her shoulder. 

For every scary scene or any random loud sound effects, she would automatically curl up against me and I get free hugs. Maybe I should do that often.

 

Chaerin's POV

Aishh, of all the romance movies available specially for today, he had to choose one of from the horror genre! Why can't he be like any other ordinary boyfriends, choosing a cheesy chic flick so that both of us can drown in the atmosphere of love? I think I'm discovering more of his real character though.

 

"Oppa, no. I don't like this. Can we go out please?" I pleaded when I finally realized we are entering the theatre when the title of the movie is written.

"Hunchae, it's gonna be fun! People said this movie is good..."

"But I'm scared... Please oppa...?" I'm already showing my rare aegyo, but it doesn't seem to be working.

"Aigoo... Don't worry love, I'll be there to protect you."

"Oppa please, can we go?"

"No."

"Okay..." I finally gave up. He's so stubborn.

 

What I had learnt today: Jiyong-oppa is a sadist.

 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~!!" I shrieked when I hear the footsteps of the protagonist mixed with the increasing tension of background music. I scooted closer to him, burying my face in his chest. The more screams I hear, the tighter I hugged him. Oh god, let this moment pass quickly... That sadistic oppa was laughing even louder whenever the screams got louder. Sadist indeed.

 

06:57PM: DINNER

Jiyong's POV

"Chae, you mind if I go to my car and get something?"

"Sure, I'll come with you!"

"No! I mean... You can just stay there, I forgot where did I put the stuff..."

"I can look for it with you...?"

"It's okay! Just stay there, be right back!"

 

I dashed towards my Bentley, looking back making sure that she is not following me. I unlocked the car and the first thing I did was to turn on the heater. Please, make the food hotter...

I spent the whole morning since 5am preparing for this. I know that she is a very skillful cook but I just want to show her my efforts. I am willing to learn what interest her and hopefully, I can love everything about her in time to come. But of course, it seems like I didn't win the flawless victory against my kitchen, I had burn marks and a few cuts which she didn't notice. 

That's good anyway, I don't wish for her to feel hurt for me. She should keep smiling. 

 

Chaerin's POV

Jiyong-oppa walked back with a box at hand. Thinking it was another present, I just relaxed on the bench and waited for him to come nearer.

 

"Hunchae, this is my first attempt. It might not be good, but it's from the bottom of my heart."

"What is it oppa?"

"My homemade bento. Took me 6 hours." He smiled. I guess he's really proud of his work.

 

I'm touched. He actually prepared a lunchbox for me. Although the food has already gone cold, I could still feel the warmth in it. Although some parts looked slightly charred, but it's okay. This is so heartwarming. He should be called Hunji. Hun-Hun-Jiyong. (heartwarming Jiyong?)

 

09:15PM: HAN RIVER

Jiyong's POV

We walked a distance till we reached the Han River. As usual, it is full of couples. It is exceptionally crowded today due to the special day I guess. I clutched her tiny hand tighter as we took a stroll down the beautiful scenery, admiring the night and the girl.

 

"Excuse me sir, would you like to buy a bouquet of roses for your pretty girlfriend?"

A random teenager popped out from no where. I did not notice him from before because my area of vision is transfixed onto the girl by my side. She really is beautiful... I must have done many good deeds in my past life to have the good fortune of being her boyfriend. Her confident yet shy gaze, the way she walks, facing the world without a look of uncertainty, that's what I love about her. But flowers? Kwon Jiyong, HOW THE HECK COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT THEM?

 

"Oh , I forgot all about the flowers!"

I panicked, hard. Flowers are essential for every date. Yes, you had heard it right, EVERY date. It's not only during Valentine's Day guys are obliged to give their girl flowers. I think as a true gentleman flowers are important. I give flowers to her everytime I brought her out. The first time we went for a basketball match I gave her a sunflower, to show her how bright and stunning she is, just like the flower.

 

"How much is one? Give me the prettiest bouquet." I reached for my wallet but she stopped me.

"No oppa, I don't want flowers. Flowers on Valentine's is a major rip-off, don't get conned! You can always buy me flowers other time, but not today please?" She whispered.

Aigoo, worrying about my pocket? She'll make a good wife. But in a way she's denying all my chances of showing her how good her boyfriend is to her. That's the problem, she's always rejecting my goodwill. 

 

"Sorry, we don't want it. Happy Valentine's!" She smiled at the guy selling flowers. He blushed. And I wasn't that pleased.

 

"Hunchae, why are you smiling at other guys? I don't like it when other guys look at you. Now I regret bringing you out showing you to the whole world that my girlfriend is so beautiful she makes everyone's hearts go thump-thump-thump. Are you worrying about my pocket? Don't worry, I'll love to spend on you. What I buy for you is mine, you are mine anyway, everything belongs to me, so why are you stopping me?"

I was getting emotional. I couldn't help myself for behaving like this whenever the situation involves Chaerin. I hate it when other men look at her. Call me possessive, because I know I am. I always tried to control myself, but rarely things will go out of hand like now.

 

"Aigoo... Jiyong-oppa you shouldn't think that way! Look, I love your Rilakkuma!"

She proved her words to me by hugging the bear and then subsequently kissing the toy. How I wish that was me.

 

Chaerin's POV

Jiyong-oppa is at it again.

 

I don't like him to splurge on me. It is tough working part-time to support his studies and life. Me being his girlfriend is another unnecessary expenses. I don't need anything physical, like all the flowers, the branded items, the movie tickets, all the meals... Sometimes, I can pay for us. But he doesn't give me the chance to. He said that guys should be the one supporting their ladies, to give them a good life... But what I think is that being as a couple we have to support each other, not just a one-sided affair.

He got so frustrated when I told him not to get me those flowers. I know that during this period of time, it's a money-making holiday. Who wouldn't take the chance to jack up the prices of all those commonly easy to get items just because during this special day the demand is high?

I love this gift. The giant Rilakkuma he got for me. I know he is embarrassed with it, but he said that it would tire me out if I was the one carrying it all the time during out date. So he, being the awfully nice guy, carried it with his other hand (he had one locking fingers with mine) and had to take the weird looks that random strangers gave him. That's what I love about him though.

 

I turned around and kissed the bear in his arm. He gave it a look of jealousy as he pouted at me asking why didn't he had a gift like that too.

 

I swore I caught him kissing the bear, the part where I'd just kissed just now.

 

10:28PM: STREET 42 BUS STOP

Jiyong's POV

I've decided to leave my precious baby at the carpark all by itself tonight because I wanted to bring Chaerin to the bus stop where we met each other in the first place. Going back to the place where we first met always brings back lots of memories. Also, to end the day, I wanted to find out if she still has Onew in her heart since she's been constantly rejecting my advances. We haven't even kissed each other yet!

 

"Look up there Hunchae. The moon is so beautiful, just like you." I must admit, random cheesy lines are my forte.

"T-Thank you oppa. You are so nice..."

 

I never let go of her hand. Not even once. I refuse to let go. What if I really do and she is lost forever? I can't handle that. She needs to be close to me. We took a seat at the bus stop while waiting for the bus to arrive. Throughout that time I was staring at her, her side profile, so beautiful. I must be looking stupid now, mouth agape while admiring at the goddess in front of me. I tried my best not to look at how low cut her dress is and her exposed thigh though. She was swinging her legs back and forth like a child waiting for something. Hehehe, so cute...

 

I love her.

I really do.

Lee Chaerin...

Saranghae...

 

She didn't realize I was closing in the distance between us when I wrapped my arms around her slim waist, pulling her closer to me. Her reaction hit me, hard. It is not the one I've expected. Once again, I'm left disappointed.

 

Chaerin's POV

"Oppa, no."

I avoided his kiss when I turned sideways, my lips away from his. We shouldn't do this.

 

"Waeyo Hunchae? Did I do something wrong? Why are you rejecting me?" The hurt is obvious, aishh Lee Chaerin you pabo...

"No oppa, you didn't do anything wrong, it's not you, it's me..."

"Tell me Hunchae, what's wrong? You know I love you till eternity. If you need time to get used to our skinships I can hold back. Just tell me straight if not I'll be guessing what is on your mind every time we meet. Trust me..."

 

There. He hasn't changed a bit. Ever since I've accepted him two months ago, still the very same person that is 100% in love with me. But for me, I did changed significantly during this two months. I've became... deeper in love with this man.

 

"Jiyong-oppa. I don't want you to hate me. These two months that we're together, I felt more love that I thought I would receive from you. Living in your love has made me addicted to you even more. I will become possessive and annoying, asking you where are you, who are you with, what are you doing... I don't want to be an annoying girlfriend. I don't wanna admit this, but I'm really falling for you this time."

I just stood there waiting for the reply that never came. So what now? Does he regret asking me to be his girlfriend? Does he regret making me fall so hard for him now he couldn't get out from my reach? Does he regret being tied down to me?  

 

"Hunchae." I ignored him, still looking down at my feet.

"Look at me Hunchae."

 

Timidly I raised my head up to meet his eyes. But to my surprise he was grinning, so widely like a little kid. His eyes are twinkling, I guess I just got the best reply that I can get afterall. Arms stretched out inviting me into his embrace. I accepted that for sure.

 

"Silly, that is the best gift I have received from you. I want nothing, I only want you. Thank you for the confession, I really love you Chaerin."

Best gift? Not quite yet Mr. Boyfriend.

 

"Can you handle me like this? This is my real Valentine's gift for you." I popped a piece of chocolate into my mouth and leaned in for a kiss.

We took a minute to savor the moment, the moment where our lips are pressed together. None of us moved, just took our time to sync our heartbeats together as one. I nibbled his bottom lip trying to pry it open so that I can give him my present, but he doesn't get the hint! He's too much of a gentleman to take advantage of me. Seems like I had to be more aggressive. 

My hands travelled down from his back and gave his a squeeze. He jumped slightly, gasping. I took advantage of it and put both of us out of our misery. I pushed the chocolate piece into his mouth and held him tighter, closer than ever. I need him. But he pulled away from my lips, but still locked in my arms.

 

"Crap... Hunchae can I? I don't want to be the good guy anymore... I need you!"

I gave him my signature cat eye smile and whispered in his ear, "Saranghae Jiyong-oppa... Happy Valentine's Day.".

 

His kisses became desperate as his hands moved feverishly all over my hair and my back. Taking advantage of this, I managed to steal the chocolate back.

 

"I've decided not to give you your gift anymore because it is so delicious I want it for myself." I gave an innocent eye smile, and I know he can't take it.

"Oh yeah? Looks like I had to forcefully take it by myself then..!"

 

This is our first kiss after two months. I've been rejecting his advances because I was afraid of really falling in love with him, he was only a stranger in the bus before that! And for this special day, I made him chocolate truffles with liquor . To remind him of how drunk we can get when we're in love.

 

The bus left us alone as it drove off the lonely road. Us, the two lovebirds, basked in the moonlight feeling more love than ever, my little secret has been revealed, now we're definitely gonna show more love and hopefully more private intimate moments from now on? Kekeke... Happy Valentine's Day to all of you, hope you can find someone as good as my lovely Jiyong-oppa! <3