I // chaelisa

ONE-SHOTS; blackpink
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yeah...yeah... No, I didn't forget to get you sushi, Jisoo," Lisa huffed into her phone, which was tucked in the crook of her neck, held up by the ball of her shoulder.

Her feet led her out of the hole in the wall sushi restaurant, inwardly sighing a breath of relief knowing she was done with her dreaded 2 hour lab classes for the week and that the rest of her days were short in comparison to this one. There's only a few weeks left in the semester, and that alone was a call for celebratory dinner (even though it broke her already broken bank account).

The chill November breeze swept through Seattle as traffic whizzed past her. Lisa kept a steady pace- not so fast that she was running, but not so much a stroll either- weaving in and out of side streats, carrying all but her toilet in her back pack and a plastic bag full of carry- out sushi and a few groceries in her hands. She was having quie the time avoiding knocking people over with her pace, but the bus stop was another half a mile away, and she had about 6 minutes before the bus came. If she missed this one, she would have to wait another hour as the bus route takes so long and there weren't enough buses cover the route for some odd reason. And if Lisa could help it, that wasn't going to happen. Not tonight.

A sizable drop of water landed on the tip of Lisa's freckled nose, prompting her to look up at the heavy, grey clouds hovering above. It's about damn well freezing this time of year, and everything in Lisa just wanted to be back at her warm apartment, eating sushi with her best friend, and binge watching Stranger Things (she'd fallen behind rather quickly; season 2 already started and she hasn't even started it yet... school )

"No, I made sure they added extra cucumbers in your sushi... of course I asked for no cucumbers. As much as it would make my heart happy to see your face blow up like Ravn's did when she ate mushrooms during a cooking show, I don't feel like taking care of you, ya big baby," the gray haired girl quickened her steps, breaking out into a slight jog.

"Okay fine, you're cute either way. Now if you want me to make it home with your food, I have to go. Oh, and I forgot my keys on the counter so I'll text you when I'm outside so you can toss me the keys. K bye!"

Lisa turned around for a hot second to stuff her phone into her back pocket. Sure enough, she saw her bus from the corner of her eye, growing closer and closer in the distance; the bus stop still about a block away. She damn well started sprinting, not giving a rat's about who she bumped into. The bus flew past her, Lisa still huffing and puffin, giving her every ounce of energy into each step, hoping that the line of people getting on the bus would buy her some time to catch up.

Her emerald eyes were wide and heavy with concentration, unconsciously gravitating to the last person in line to get on the bus. Lisa recognized her. The girl, petite with curves shaped by the gods and a smile that could melt event the hardest shells, worked at the printing kiosk in the campus center book store. A frequent passenger of the same bus that Lisa caught on the daily, Lisa had definetely noticed her.

Who wouldn't, right? So it goes a little something like this:

On a normal day, Lisa would catch the bus at the same bus stop at the same time every day. She would march straight to the back corner of the bus, pop in her ty pair of earphones (hey, they worked) and picked a spotify playlist to match her mood and vibe for the ride home. When the bus was near the next stop on the route, she would perk up in the slightest of ways knowing that the pretty bookstore girl got on the bus at that stop. Her eyes would be trained on the door, and when they finally land on the person her had been anticipating since she got on, her heart would never fail to skip a beat. As a mystery girl walked closer and closer, Lisa found her breathing her shallow, words threatening to spill out of her lips but she had always found a reason not to say hello. She's too busy texting on her phone, or she probably won't hear me wih those headphones on and I'm left looking like an idiot talking to myself. All that time wasted being too nervous when mystery gild finally gets up to get off the bus exactly 3 stops before Lisa's

And before Lisa knew it, nearly two semesters had alredy gone by and they had yet exchange their first words.

Lisa felt the pretty girl's gaze lock onto hers. For a second, Lisa forgot that she was running for dear life. Some part of her knew that she was going to get on that bus. And dog gone it, if she did, she would grow the courage to finally talk to her. 

She watched as the girl stepped into the bus which cued a slew of colorful words and flailing arms in attempt to catch the bus driver's attention.

Thankfully the bus driver was kind enough to wait for her. Lisa climbed into the bus gasping for air, her face red and hair a mess. "Thank you so much for waiting, I really appreciate it," she huffed gratefully.

"Oh don't thank me, honey. thank the pretty girl over there," she nodded towards mystery girl's generation direction. "She was the one that asked to wait for you," the young bus driver smirked. Her smooth black hair fell easy off her shoulders, her demeanor hot in contrast of the weather. "Mhm, don't think I don't see you. I see everything hat goes on in this bus."

Blood rushed to Lisa's cheeks, as if she wasn't already peachy from the work out a minute ago. She smiled sheepishly and dug around in her pocket for her fare as the beautiful cat eyed girl bus driver closed the door behind her and maneuvered the bus.

"The name's Jennie. I take hella morning classes at U- Dub to make it in time for my route. I see you around sometimes, you know," she conversed casually. "Say, how's about that short cup of tea you hang out with? You know....black hair, really nice lips - god those lips and those curves, dear lord.

Lisa couldn't help but snort at the comment. "Cup of tea? More like a large bottle of tequila," the girl with bangs joked, which made Jennie laugh. 

"Hmm, looks like we have a wild one," Jennie nodded, unconsciously picking up a strand of hair and twirling it around her finger, her tongue brushing her lips. Lisa's face curved in amusements, deciding that she should wing woman for her best friend.

"Try living with her," she chuckled. "Come say hi sometime and find out for yourself," the girl with bangs suggested. The girl giggled and agreed with ease, confidence radiating from her aura. As Lisa started walking to her usual seat, she was stopped by Jennie's voice.

"Hey girl with bangs," she hollered. Lisa whipped around to face Jennie. "Don't make me wait for you again."

------------------------------------

It was really coming down.

And Lisa was eternally grateful that she made into the bus before the floodgates opened. The rain was hitting the roof of the bus in steady streams, causing Jennie to drive slower than usual to avoid hydroplaning.

Meanwhile, Lisa enjoyed the rain. She enjoyed watching the drops of water hit the window and drag across the surface, leaving little streaks behind. She loved the sound, loved the atmosphere it gave off.

Even though most people associated rain with depression in this city, she loved k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter