fin.

Until You Came
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Years Ago*

A bright and sunny day, perfect for couples to spend time with. It was sunday, a day that we get to spend all our time either going to a movie theater, to a ice cream store, or just stay at my apartment. 

 

 

This time we both decided that staying at my apartment was a better choice. You said that it would be great spending only the two of us and no one around us. I loved the idea, it was never new to me for we both have been doing this mostly. 

 

 

But what you said had another meaning to it, I knew it, I just never said anything. I know you have been trying to spend more time with me and just me, but I never complained, why would I? Atleast I get to spend more time with the person who I love the most. 

 

 

You could have told me what has been bothering you lately, I wanted you to share your problems to me, I didn't like seeing you getting distress and not even telling me the reason. But you never pushed me away instead you tried to hide that you were okay, even though you weren't, but I was foolish to notice it. 

 

 

You came to my apartment wearing a smile, the smile that I always love seeing and would never get tired of seeing it every single day. You gladly gave me a warm hug, I also returned it. This time I was for sure knew that something was wrong-- No, this time I knew that what your mother told me was true. My heart ache seeing you all pale and getting skinnier than what the usual you looked like. I didn't want to tell you that I knew everything, I waited for you to tell me instead. Seeing you still give me those genuine smile made my heart ache much more.

 

"Minjoo-yah, you know I would always be there for you"

 

I said flashing smiles, instead of answering me, you tighten our hug. I couldn't breathe, but I won't complain. The first thing I knew was to pat you back and caress your hair.

 

You cried, I saw that coming, but was never prepared, albeit gave you a comforting hug. The sobbing got louder, I wouldn't blame you for that. You were stress from overthinking to much. I knew every little thing about you, about it, but chose to stay quiet.

 

We were still hugging each other until I told you to change and join me in the couch once your done. You followed my order. After minutes of waiting for you to come outside my room, I was anxious while waiting, it took you long enough that I had to come and check inside to see if your okay. And you were fine, perfectly fine, but you were sitting at my bed with your head down low. I could tell that you were crying again. 

 

'God I wish I was the one who was suffering, instead of her'

 

I went and sat beside you, lifting your chin to match my eyes. Those red puffy eyes. I hated seeing those all the time, but this time it can't be helped. Tried comforting you again by letting both of us lay down on my bed, with you resting on my arm while we both had our hands intertwined.

 

The wall clock ticking and you sobbing was the only thing that could be heard in the room. I wanted to cry with you but I couldn't, I had to be strong for you, for both of us. 

 

After sometime you made your decisions and told me what was happening, I listen to it thoroughly even though I already knew it. Once you finished telling me what has been happening lately you cried again. 

 

"Don't give up okay minjoo-yah, for us, for me, you have to fight it" I told you, giving a fist bump, you lightly bump it with your other hand.

 

I was happy to see you smile again.

 

But

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter