Smile For Me? (1b)

Tied Together, Connected.

Smile For Me? (1b)

First Story: Yoseob (B2ST) and Nicole.

 

Meanwhile opposite Namdaenum in the Olympic Park, Yoseob was there. Singing his heart out and was now at there finale song. He still didn’t know what happened to Nicole, oblivious to the fact that right now she was in surgery. It wasn’t major but a surgery is a surgery. Yoseob was giving it his all on that stage. Dancing and singing but he sill wondered why Nicole didn’t pick up his calls. That was pushed to the back of his mind though as he heard the energetic screams of the crowd when he momentarily removed his earpiece. He had thought that Nicole probably didn’t want him to be distracted from the concert; after all he was calling her in the middle of it. During there minute to minute breaks.

 

Yoseob was the shortest out of all of them, standing at 174 cm. He had his hair up and spiky and coloured black. He was wearing a tuxedo type costume that covered his while body. The black jacket that had long sleeves had silver beads on them. For Yoseob he had this going from his shoulders right down to his chest on his right side and for his left it was from his shoulders right down to his tummy.

 

Yoseob had black eyes, which was wide in the middle then thinned out at the end. He had brown eyebrows, meaning that his original hair colour was brown. His nose was wide and it went from the middle part of the first half of his lips to the middle part of the second half of his lips. His lips were a pale pink that curved whenever he opened them to speak.

 

It was now the last songs of their concert. B2ST’s concert. They sung ‘Beautiful’ and ‘VIU’. Those songs were the ends of their first concert of their world tour in Seoul Olympic Park. He gave it his everything, his all. This was after all the start of their world tour and knowing that his girlfriend was out there made him want to show her that he was a man. Though he didn’t know that she wasn’t there. It would be a shock, once he see’s his cell phone later.  For now though he gave it everything, every step and every lyric came from his heart. He wanted to thank all of the people out there. And this is how he did it, how they all did it.

 

Panting, sweating but with smiles on all their faces B2ST came off the stage. Thanking everyone for their hard work and smiling their million dollar smiles at each and every one of them. They were really grateful that they put all this effort for them. They were happy they were alive. It seemed like their smiles were permanently etched on their faces.

 

The best friend of Hyunseung, a member of B2ST with orange hair, Anjeli was there. Everyone knew how much Hyunseung loved her, but everyone also knew that Anjeli had no feelings for him what so ever that was beyond friendship. Well, that was what almost everyone knew. Anjeli was short and had black hair, not Korean but Filipino, and she knew how to speak English quite well. Anjeli was also best friends with Nicole. They got acquainted through B2ST.

 

At first though they were not in good terms because Anjeli believed that she was dating Yoseob just for the money. In the end Anjeli realizes that Nicole wasn’t there for the money and they became great friends. To tell the truth Anjeli was the only one that knew that Nicole hasn’t showed up yet. She was supposed to be the seat next to Nicole but she didn’t show up. In the end she just thought she would wait in the waiting room but now that Anjeli was here and she was no where to be found. Anjeli was beginning to get worried.

 

“Anjeli! How was I?” Hyunseung asked his best friend. Anjeli just smiled at him and put both thumbs up.

 

“You all were great. I’m so proud of you guys!” Anjeli said with a big smile momentarily putting all her worries away and showing happiness.

 

“Give me a hug?” Hyunseung asked.

 

Anjeli vigorously shook her head. He was sweating like a pig. No way in hell was she hugging him. Hyunseung then started running after her. ‘No!’ Anjeli thought and ran. She ran around the dressing room with Hyunseung on her tail. Anjeli though was faster then him but in speed he was a match for her. So there was only a minimal amount of space between them.

 

“Hey, Anjeli. Do you know where Nicole is?” Yoseob asked.

 

Anjeli stopped in her tracks. Which caused Hyunseung to bump into her and fall on top of her. Her nose cringed and she felt disgusted. She quickly pushed him off and took the cologne she kept in her bag and sprayed it on her. “Yuck. Hyunseung go change or put deodorant or something! That is so disgusting you pig!”

 

Hyunseung just shrugged. “If it wasn’t for you stopping all of a sudden. That would have never happened.” Anjeli just sighed and put the cologne back in her bag. “Why did you stop all off a sudden?”

 

Anjeli froze. She knew there was something wrong with Nicole. Not that she got any notice but she knew Nicole would not miss this for anything, unless something bad had happened. She felt stupid. She could have done something earlier. She could have left and helped her if she was in trouble. Anjeli knew Nicole like the back of her hand. And she just passed Nicole off as somewhere else. Why couldn’t she be more responsive to her surroundings?

 

Anjeli immediately stood up out of guilt and bowed ninety degrees. “I’m sorry.”

 

Everyone who was in the room was confused now and was focused on her. Only her. Hyunseung was nervous as to what was this about and Yoseob was scared. Scared out of his mind. Anjeli was not the type of person that would just do something like that if there weren’t a reason.

 

“Why? Did you do something or did something happen?” Yoseob said in the softest voice anyone had ever heard come out from his mouth but everyone seemed to catch what he said.

 

“Don’t accuse her for something Yoseob. You don’t know what happened yet.” Hyunseung said protectively.

 

“It’s fine Hyunseung. You don’t have to do that. I would have asked the same thing if anyone just said sorry out of the blue like that for doing something to you.” Anjeli said with an apologetic smile. “Actually, I don’t know what happened and I’m not associated with this what so ever. But she didn’t show up.”

 

What Anjeli said had the whole room silent. She didn’t show up? The girl that Yoseob was pouring his song out too didn’t show up. So he was doing that whole thing with her in mind for nothing. He was frustrated. So frustrated that he took Anjeli by the shoulders and shook her. “What do you mean, didn’t show up? You’re supposed to be her best friend. Didn’t it occur to you that she might be in trouble? How come you didn’t search?” Yoseob shouted at Anjeli.

 

Hyunseung immediately came into action and pulled Yoseob. Hyunseung was about to yell or do physical harm at Yoseob when they heard a shout. “Stop!” It was Anjeli. “It’s fine. That’s why I said sorry. I was a careless friend. I’m sorry.” Anjeli said again this time tears b her eyes.

 

Hyunseung sternly looked at Yoseob. Yoseob shrugged off his hands and went closer to Anjeli. “I’m sorry I overreacted. It’s just that…”

 

Anjeli cut him off. “It’s Nicole and you’re worried. Go check your phone she might have left a message.” A softer tone came out from her lips knowing Yoseob was just frustrated.

 

Yoseob nodded and went over to check his phone. Sure enough there was a message. New Text, From: Nicole. He looked at the time it was sent. It was sent around the time of their concert. After he had continuously called her and no one answered. He sighed, why didn’t he think of it as something else other than not disturbing him during a concert. Yoseob was annoyed with himself. He placed his fingers on the button that would open the message.

 

From: *Nicole*

 

I’m sorry I couldn’t make it to your concert, something came up that I had to deal with. Don’t worry, if you are. I love you. Please find it in your heart to forgive me. I know how much you wanted me there. <3

 

That was it nothing else. He sighed. Couldn’t she provide more details? He wanted to be there for her in case anything happened. He was worried, it’s not like telling him not to worry would make him not worry.

 

“Did she send a text?” Anjeli asked anxiously. Yoseob nodded unconsciously still pondering on the problem she had to deal with. Was it serious or not? He was confused and needed to know more. “What did she say?” Anjeli asked again.

 

“She didn’t say much. Just that she was sorry she wasn’t here and there was something that she had to deal with, last minute.” Yoseob said like something else had told him to say it for him.

 

Everyone could tell that he was disappointed but what bothered them the most is that Yoseob didn’t seem to show any emotion what so ever. Just right now when he was looking for answers he seemed so frustrated and annoyed. So what was with his lack of emotions now?

 

At this very moment opposite from the Seoul Olympic Park, in Namdaenum, Nicole was quietly thinking lying on her bed. The anesthetic was still there so she felt numb. She thought that this was much better then feeling pain. They had successfully done the surgical correction and snapped her tibia bone back into place. At least they did it while she had the anesthetic on so she didn’t feel any pain. So everything was now okay, though she had to stay in hospital for a couple of days to see her progress. She also had to do rehabilitation for her legs so she would be able to walk on it again. For now she will be in a wheel chair for about eleven to fourteen weeks.

 

Her mind wandered to Yoseob and how he was doing. It made her think, should she let him know what happened? Her thought before the surgery was if Yoseob could come see her. But right now it seemed like it was better to just stay away from him. It hit her that she was selfish for her to want him to take care of her. Even though she would love that she couldn’t burden his work. He was already busy enough and if he would take care of her she would be afraid that he might faint or something similar to that.

 

Then the question came. How was she supposed to avoid him, without being too suspicious? She sighed; there was no way that she could avoid him without being suspicious. All she had to do now was answer his calls and make up excuses to not meet him. Soon enough he would be leaving the country anyways and when he comes back then it would seem like nothing went wrong. Perfect plan. If only she could carry it through. Yoseob would probably insist on seeing her though before he left the country or now. She knew that because her phone started ringing.

 

As she predicted Yoseob was calling her. Should she answer? The answer was yes, but was she ready no. She hasn’t even thought up excuses or anything for that matter. She shouldn’t go into the battlefield without preparing but then again risks need to be taken. ‘Think! He would probably ask about the thing that came up. What should I answer? That, that, that! I don’t know this is driving me crazy. I know! My friend is in trouble.’ She hesitantly answered the phone.

 

“Hello.” Nicole said nervously to the other side of the line.

 

“It’s Yoseob, the guy you abandoned.” Nicole heard it and knew that he was just teasing her. But all the same she should say sorry.

 

“I’m sorry. Something came up.”

 

“It’s fine. What came up anyways?” Nicole knew he would ask her that and thank her brain for knowing him well.

 

“My friend was in deep trouble, so I had to help her. I had no choice.” Nicole said.

 

“Are you sure that it’s not you who was in trouble?” She flinched; she needed to lie to him. Of course she was in trouble anyone in the hospital would know that but it’s for his sake. And even though she wanted to hug him and kiss him it was for the best.

 

“Yes. I’m fine.” Nicole said as confidently as possible.

 

“You’re lying,” He said confidently.

 

“How would you know? You’re not here.” Nicole said trying to drive him away.

 

“Nicole. Look to the door.”

 

Nicole was confused and put down the phone to look to her right where the door was. To her surprise Yoseob was there. He was there. She knew she wasn’t dreaming because no matter how much she tried to wake herself up it didn’t wake up. “You’re not dreaming Nikki.” And Yoseob saying that was pretty convincing too.   

 

The plan that she just started ruined right from the beginning. “Who told you?” Nicole asked. No one knew she was here except for…  ‘That girl. Couldn’t she keep shut.’ “Justine told you didn’t she?” Nicole raised her eyebrows at her boyfriend.

 

He nodded. Truth is told Justine went backstage to congratulate them on the concert. She came about 5 minutes after Yoseob read the text from Nicole. It seemed like Yoseob was in distress and she being another close friend of theirs couldn’t help but tell him, every single detail, from the crash to the hospital. Lucky to Nicole she didn’t know about the surgery or else she would have told Yoseob about that too. Justine always was a soft hearted person when it came to people she loved.

 

“Why did you lie to me?” Yoseob asked.

 

“Why did you trick me?” Nicole asked this time around with a little anger in her voice.

 

“I didn’t think you would lie Nicole. I was a bit surprised you did.”

 

“I just didn’t want you to worry.” Nicole said like she was caught, well she was.

 

“I know you told me in the text you sent me.” Yoseob by now was sat by her bed. “Why did you trick me?” Yoseob said looking directly into Nicole’s eyes. She blushed and looked away.

 

“I didn’t want to stress you out with taking care of me and I knew you would worry if you left and I was still in a wheel chair.” Nicole said while her head still looked down on the sheets. A thought came to her. He had forgotten.

 

“I would worry about you either way Nicole. You know that I love you.” Nicole scoffed.  He had forgotten their anniversary. What right does he have? He was the reason why she was on this bed. He had forgotten making her loose her focus. Yoseob was a little bit offended by her attitude but at the same time didn’t know what to do. What had he done?

 

“What’s with the scoff?” Yoseob asked.

 

“If you’re really worried, then you should know it’s your fault!” Nicole said glaring at him.

 

“How is it my fault, Nicole?” He was confused but kept his voice down not knowing what was happening.

 

“You’re the one who put me into this mess. I had to get surgery because of you!” Nicole was tearing up. Yoseob was about to ask what happened to her surgery when she cut him off saying everything. “You forgot about our anniversary. Our one year anniversary and I wasn’t paying attention wondering why you had forgotten and then a motorcycle freaking crashed on me! I hate you!” Nicole had finally cracked, tears poured out of her eyes. The emotions she held up all day came out. One thing was for sure, it was the emotional day of her life.

 

“I didn’t forget Nicole.” Yoseob said, quietly holding her hand. “I was going to surprise you tonight. We we’re supposed to go out. I’m sorry to have worried you. If it makes you any better my present is here.”

 

Nicole was surprised so he did remember. Guiltiness and embarrassment was what she felt. She closed her eyes and tears started slipping out of them. “I’m sorry I doubted you. It’s just that I was scared. I didn’t know…” Yoseob’s finger found a way to . Her eyes opened and she looked at Yoseob. He was kneeling, on the hospital floor.

 

“Yoseob – Oppa get up, your knees and your clothes they’ll get dirty!” Nicole said panicked.

 

At that same time Yoseob pulled out a box from his pocket and opened it. His eyes seemed so sincere. “Will you marry me?”

 

Her eyes watered again. “Are you serious?” She didn’t want this to be a joke so badly.

 

“I’m not joking.” He said with a serious face.

 

“Yes! I’d love to marry you.” Nicole was overjoyed and couldn’t help more tears flow from her eyes.

 

Yoseob sat back on the chair and went to kiss her cheek but Nicole suddenly moved her head and their lips touched instead. The kiss was passionate and full of love. Her heart raced and once they pulled apart Nicole’s cheeks flushed. Even though they had many kisses it still seemed to put a blush on her face every time.

 

“It’s a happy moment. Smile for me?” Yoseob said and almost automatically Nicole’s lips twitched upward and a giggle escaped from her lips.

 

She knew that there were many trials ahead of her but right now is the moment she wanted to live in. The moment they both wanted to live in.

 

Whenever someone smiles you see who they really are and you can’t help but fall in love.