from eri

a notice to all twitter rpers looking to join igrp. keep sending the tea in! part 3/? posted.

this was back in late 2017, around november/december? i had recently opened an igrp with a friend (not gonna name drop). we very jokingly tweeted about ‘taking down spectrum’ because we heard about the stories etc. 

god knows how they found them because we were on freelance and our tweets were mostly privated, but we heard that they ended up viewing them on rabbit during one of their movie nights (e.g., saying things like ‘imagine being so relevant they talk about you on other platforms’). yeri got her squad to join undercover, and they would eventually cc to another group so they could join in on the groupchat (of said group). 

they purposefully brought up the topic of spectrum so as to listen in on what they had to say, and yeri + her squad would threaten/bully members via dms who were in spectrum and said anything remotely negative ; even those who had considered anyone from spectrum to be their friend — calling them traitors, snakes (i even have screenshots of this happening on my old phone!). they would also threaten to take ’this place’ down no matter what it took (which is like. lmfaoo how would you even do that what an empty threat but it did affect us at the time), and we closed shortly on our behalf thereafter as a result of that drama impacting us negatively, and the aura of the roleplay.

one of these instances happened before in another roleplay i adminned for but i didn’t have direct contact with them during that time, 2 other admins i knew did — same group chat ordeal, they make them trust you and then tear you down mentally — they deactivated the aff and those said admins ended up disappearing thereafter. back when they were thriving, they would regularly send “spies” to roleplays and purposefully try to ruin them for whatever reason, being ego, or because they had some kind of weird superiority complex?? though this isn’t the only igrp that’s had this sort of problem!

this is one of many things — aside from invading ooc privacy (their “nerve” ig live event, making the participants do things that were generally inappropriate outside of ic roleplay ... LIVE) to gross bullying made about people that considered them friends in private though they hate ‘snakes’, (we’re talking to the extent of discriminating and r*pey) and even bullying new members and making fun of them behind their backs — this toxic environment is overall unwelcoming and unkind. they want new members, but do they even know how to treat them properly? 

the fact that they’re starting to crosstag shows their desperation to save what’s left of their crumbling roleplay : their aff and story got taken down earlier this year but they managed to get it back up somehow ?¿¿ anything that tried to ‘expose’ them for the nasty things they’ve done were reported and taken down as well. 

TLDR ; DON’T JOIN. spectrum’s basically just a giant clique on a base and i can assure everyone it wouldn’t be enjoyable, no matter how ‘creative’ or ‘fun’ they look! there are so many other places that are much more welcoming and active that’ll treat anyone looking to igrp much better.