Final

Perusal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinsoul has always been told that she was oblivious. She agrees because unlike herself, a person who's like a completely open book, other people are very hard to read. 

With various expressions and gestures that could mean a million possible things, she has always found it hard to know what people are actually thinking. She hated how her friends could tell what she was thinking of with just a single glance and she herself couldn't do the same.

It made her feel like she was being a bad friend.

Jinsoul was a perfectionist. When she finds something wrong, she immediately has to make it right.

That is why when she's told for the nth time, about how oblivious she is, she makes it her mission to change herself. When a friend of hers makes a comment about how she has this look on her face, she immediately knew that she's found her first target.

She looked at her friend straight in the eyes and gave her a devious yet determined grin.

"What are you planning?" Jungeun suspiciously asked, freaked out by the smirk on the girl's face.

Kim Jungeun was a very private person. Jinsoul has known the girl for months and yet she still didn't know what goes on in the girl's mind.

She has become inevitably, the perfect target.

The girl always had a mask on, hiding whatever she was feeling whenever she was around people. From that day forth, Jinsoul made it her mission to get to know the girl as much as she could. She told herself that the moment she could correctly read Jungeun's face was the moment she could be the best friend ever.

The girl was a very interesting person so it wasn't long before her own interest was peaked. 

She tried very hard to know everything about the girl and in a span of months, they were inseparable. She found out that the girl, despite her tough and cold exterior, was actually very sweet. She also found out about the girl's intense liking for anything that could give her diabetes.

Jinsoul learned about all the little quirks the girl possessed and she wasn't surprised when she realized that she was falling. The process was fast and before she knew it, she had already fallen hard.

But even when she knew everything about the girl, she still felt like she knew nothing at all. Especially when Jungeun would suddenly look cold and act distant.

At first she was surprised, she wondered why the girl would avoid her but she didn't let it get to her. Instead, she decided to latch on even tighter and eventually Jungeun had no choice but to let her in.

She still hand her mask on but at least she stopped avoiding her. She just had to try harder.

It was only after one random night did she begin to see the cracks under the girl's mask. They were at a party and they may have drank a little alcohol, but she was sure that she was completely sober.

After that one small crack, Jinsoul began to see the mask crumble with every emotion on her face. She was thrilled. Finally, she was making progress.

It wasn't even hard to notice and she wondered why she couldn't see it before. The way the girl's ears would immediately turn red at one flirtatious comment or the way she would look away whenever her gaze became too intense. She even noticed the way Jungeun would look away whenever Sooyoung got too close to her.

Jinsoul felt elated, her crush wasn't as one sided as she thought. She started to advance on the girl. The latter denied her efforts, thinking that what she was doing was just a drunken mistake. 

But it wasn't. Jinsoul may be uncertain of a lot of things but her feelings for the girl was something she knew was real. She's known it for a while now and she couldn't believe that she didn't notice Jungeun's feelings for her. She really was a bad friend.

She backed off that night, another day she thought.

Jinsoul could barely keep the excitement in her heart, she felt so much for the girl that it was beginning to scare her. 

She felt butterflies causing a mess in her stomach as she anticipated for the day that she would confess. The day she would tell the girl that she was in love with her, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter