Chapter 3

The Gentle Knight

"Yah, Lee Chaeyeon! What's wrong with your face?" Yena asked Chaeyeon when she walked into her class. Yujin was sitting beside Yena.

"Nothing, Duckie. Just had some accident last night." Chaeyeon looked away.

"You should have known better that you couldn't lie to us, Chae. We know whenever you lie. So, now tell me what happened, or we're not gonna stop bugging you. You choose." Yujin said, smirking.

Chaeyeon sighed. "You know what? I really hate you guys right now. Okay then, let's talk somewhere else." They went to the music room and sat onn the floor.

"Yesterday some guys came and asked for money. They said my parents owed them lots of money, it;s now already $100.000. I told them I didn't know where my parents were, I told them they had left me and my grandma but they didn't care. They wanted me to pay, as I was my parents' child. When I told them I didn't have any, those guys beat me. They said they would give me 3 months to pay or they would come again and beat me and my grandma." Chaeyeon sighed. "I have no idea what I should do. Those guys were insane, there's no way I would let them touch my grandma."

They were dumbfounded. Well, she knew that Chaeyeon's parents had left her since she was litte, like 10 years old. Ever since then, her grandma took care of her. Luckily Chaeyeon was genius, she got scholarship so she didn't have to pay anything for school.

"I think I need to work soon."

"But......" Yena said. "Even if you have the job, it won't be enough to earn that much in 3 months. Well, I'm bad in math, but I'm pretty sure of that."

"I know, but at least I can give them some money first, and then I can negotiate and ask for more time. At least, they know that I'm willing to pay and not running away like my parents."

"Okay then. We'll ask around if they have job vacancy." Yena patted Chaeyeon's back. Yujin nodded.

"Thank you guys, always." 

Yena shook her head. "You know we'll always got your back, Chae. We're in this together." 

Chaeyeon smiled. Chaeyeon had been friends with Yena and Yujin since elementary school. They were inseparable ever since. Even if she lost everything, she knew that she would always have Yena and Yujin. She was so lucky.

"So, how was grandma? Is she getting any better?"

"Yes, she is much better now. She could walk already and eat by herself, but I think we need another month for her to heal completely."

"Good then. We will stop by some time and help you take care of her. That way you can work with peace." Yena smiled. Chaeyeon nodded.

Then she remembered. "And there's another thing that happened last night."

"What?"

The bells rang, signing that class had begun, but they didn't move an inch. They were all popular with teachers for the good grades, Yena mostly because she was funny. They decided to skip class.

"Yesterday after the incident, I went to the supermarket for groceries. My head was throbbing like crazy, I fainted on my home. Guess who found me?"

They were thinking. If Chaeyeon asked them this way, it must be someone unexpected, and someone they knew. Someone they know that was unexpected? No idea.

"I don't know. Who was it?'" Yujin asked.

"The one and only........." Chaeyeon paused. "Kim Minju."

Silence.

Silence.

Long silence.

"WHATTTTT? KIM MINJU?" They shouted.

 

 

 

Sorry, it took me so long to update this story. I couldn't write ever since I moved to my new place, the internet was really . For now, I wrote this while working, and still trying to figure out for the better internet at home.

This one is pretty short, I know, but I'll try to be back with longer chapter 

Stay safe and healthy guys.