What's wrong, Minjoo?

Hate That I Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

To say that Math was boring was an understatement.

 

It was utterly painful to listen to the professor go on and on about a topic called the Laplace’s Method or something that sounded equally worse when he seems to be the only one excited about the subject.

 

Well the nerds too, but they didn’t matter.

 

There were a lot of complicated stuff scribbled on the board but Wonyoung couldn’t care any less of what was going on.

 

She could get her smarty best friend to tutor her later anyway and she’ll even get a higher mark with that instead of paying attention to what her professor was trying to explain at the moment.

 

Or she could just self-study. Yeah, she’s smart like that too.

 

And besides, there were only a few minutes left before class ends and she couldn’t wait to run to the restrooms and check herself out in front of a mirror – basking on how good looking she is was one of the things that could counter the sour effect of math on her and bring her utmost joy.

 

Well anything concerning her dazzling physical appearance and golden body proportions were actually the ultimate sole of her happiness.

 

But who could blame her that she loves herself too much? Jang Wonyoung is the epitome of perfection - as she would like to say so herself.

 

Now the only thing getting in the way of her happiness was the stupid lecture and it was starting to make her restless.

 

She glanced at the clock, half an hour still left before freedom.

 

Only thirty minutes left, Wonyoung. You can do -

 

Wonyoung's thoughts were interrupted when she felt a shot of pain at the back of her head. She quickly looked around for what may have been the cause of the pain as she brought a hand to the spot, gently rubbing it in annoyance.

 

Her initial guess was that some of her classmates were playing around and they accidentally hit her, but then she remembered that she was transferred to a class full of nerds.

 

There was no way in hell someone would mess around during class hours, especially during a boring math lecture because she noticed that those things kind of turn them on.

 

After failing to find any indication of who the culprit was, Wonyoung decided to just shrug it off. Maybe she was just so used to funny and carefree classmates that she imagined it - maybe even missed it.

 

She originally came from the B-rated section in the past and only got transferred to the A-rated section when she befriended the almighty student council president, Kim Minjoo.

 

Not that Wonyoung wasn't smart enough to be placed at the top class; she was just much more focused on her appearance and social status – which actually was the main reason why she wanted to have Minjoo as a friend.

 

She believed that their visuals complimented each other and that the other girl was worthy to be seen with her.

 

Wonyoung literally ended friendships when she decided that their face couldn’t keep up with hers anymore because unlike her, puberty didn’t do well for most people her age.

 

And being the conceited person she is, of course she only wanted to be surrounded with aesthetically gifted beings.

 

Luckily, things went really well between her and Minjoo since both surprisingly shared almost the same personality that they ended up being the best of friends.

 

Wonyoung’s mind continued to drift farther away every second and she was now too distracted to follow the discussion. She had no more intention of listening so she decided to just play her favorite game to pass time  – which was to rate people's visuals.

 

Wonyoung sat upright in her chair to get a better view of her classmates and began to scan them one by one, silently muttering mostly fours or threes. There was that one red haired girl who got an eight but she was too trashy so her points got lowered to a six.

 

Wonyoung was about to mutter a ten when her eyes fell on the empty chair that belonged to her best friend – Yes, Minjoo’s rating is as high as hers – but the fact that Minjoo wasn’t present surprised her.

 

She didn’t attend class again?

 

She furrowed her brows when it dawned on her that Minjoo has been indeed skipping class a lot lately. They didn’t talk much during class hours because Minjoo kept saying that ‘studies come first in this section’ so Wonyoung didn’t bother keeping track if the latter was there because they would see each other during break anyway.

 

But if her memory served her right, it was the fifth time in two weeks that the older girl ditched first period. It would be perfectly normal for any other student to pull this kind of thing but Minjoo is Minjoo.

 

If anyone was obsessed with being the number one student, it was her. And this clearly wasn’t normal Minjoo behavior.

 

It bothered Wonyoung so much that she couldn’t help but take out her phone even if the class was still on going to quickly send a message to Minjoo.

 

She was midway with the message when she felt another shot – stronger and more painful this time.

 

“Ow!”

 

She bit her tongue before she could say anything else. Fortunately, her reaction to the attack wasn’t that loud and only gained a few glances from her some of classmates.

 

Wonyoung apologized softly. She was beginning to sense that something was fishy and before she could even complete a thought, she received another painful hit.

 

“What the hell?! Who the hell did that?!”

 

She was positive that it was intentional and she was not having any of it. Wonyoung hissed, she didn’t care where she was anymore and glared at everyone who made eye contact with her.

 

“Do you want to say something, Miss Jang?”

 

“Yeah! I have lots to say!”

 

Wonyoung’s face scrunched when she realized that it was her professor who she answered to. She quickly retracted, she may be tough but she was taught to be polite to elders.

 

“I-I mean no sir. I just… Someone threw a pebble at me!”

 

“A pebble?"

 

"Yes sir! Three times!"

 

"Is that so? Then where is the pebble?"

 

"I -"

 

Wonyoung frowned. She didn’t know why she said it was a pebble when she didn’t even see it.

 

“Actually, I’m not sure if it’s a pebble. I mean, it felt like one.”

 

Judging from her professor’s eyes, she knew that he didn't believe her. He has been snotty about her since the beginning and she was sure that he won't take her seriously – all because of her gorgeous appearance.

 

He was one of those uncultured people who couldn't accept that beauty may come with brains too.

 

Well too bad for him, he can be insecure all he wants but it's not gonna change the fact that Wonyoung could defy imperfection.

 

“Let’s say what your saying is true: that you were hit with a pebble – oh wait no, you’re not even sure.”

 

The professor chuckled, obviously making it seem like she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter