1/1

Pretty's Twinkle Little Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

You're the medicine and the pain, the tattoo inside my brain

I'm a er for you

And you're makin' the typical me break my typical rules

It's true, I'm a er for you

er - Jonas brothers


 

---

 

“Morning Dae,”


 

Park Chanyeol greeted his cousin that was currently busy cooking something in the kitchen. Rubbing his tired face with his palms, he settled himself on the kitchen stool as he blankly stared at the pastel-colored flower decoration adorning the dining table. The drowsiness that enveloped him since last night had started to wear off but the throbbing pain inside his head was still perpetually there.  


 

Raising his eyebrows questioningly at his groggy looking cousin, Jongdae sat beside Chanyeol. “What the hell happened? Sehun and Jongin have been crying their hearts out saying that the bad nanny hurt you,” he scowled and placed a plate of sunny side up in front of Chanyeol, not forgetting to draw a smiley face using ketchup on it, being the thoughtful cousin he was.


 

“Thank you,” Chanyeol murmured, smiling weakly. “The kids, they already went to school right? My head hurts so bad,” he groaned, wincing in pain as he rested his cheek on the kitchen island’s hard surface. The warmth emanating from Jongdae’s fingers soothingly carding his messy bed hair made him hum in content.


 

“Yes, I already see to it that they got into the school bus on time, don't worry about them,” Jongdae snickered and patted Chanyeol’s head. “Get up, we need to talk,”  


 

Sighing heavily, Chanyeol lifted up his still pounding head, sitting up straight and tucked his hands under his chin to watch his cousin with a brooding face. “What is it?”  


 

Shrugging, Jongdae wiped his oily mouth with a napkin and threw the used napkin into his empty plate. Wrapping one arm around his taller cousin’s broad shoulders, he tugged him closer into the side-hug and whispered. “Do you remember what happened between you and your new nanny last night?”


 

Chanyeol grimaced, huffing as he patted Jongdae’s back appreciatively. “Thanks to you, nothing happened between me and Nancy last night,” he said. “I thought that my little stars already fell asleep… Wait, they didn't see anything inappropriate right?


 

“What do you mean inappropriate?” Jongdae simpered playfully. He had to bite his quivering bottom lip to prevent his gummy smile from making an appearance when he saw Chanyeol’s serious gaze. “No, they didn't see how desperate Nancy was while trying to undress you,”


 

“Maybe she put something weird in my drink? I don't know, I only remember feeling so sleepy last night,” Chanyeol exclaimed, clenching his teeth in anger. “I told her to leave, I’m glad that you arrived just in time,”


 

“Including Nancy, you have fired eight nannies for the past four months. Nini and Hunnie made three of them cry, and the rest of them fell head over heels for you,”


 

"How do I stop them from liking me?” Chanyeol sighed in utter helplessness. “I hired them to take care of my kids, not me,”


 

“Maybe you should stop being super nice to them,” Jongdae scowled.

 

“I already warned them not to fell in love with me,” Chanyeol snickered. “Though I really can’t blame them. With a face this perfectly sculpted by God,” he grinned, pointing at his face smugly as if to deliver a point before continuing his sentence. “Dae, just look at this 28 years old man handsome face, who in their right minds could resist it, right?”


 

“You are fully awake now aren’t you...you narcissist..piece of ,” Jongdae chided.


 

Chuckling, Chanyeol ruffled his cousin’s raven locks. “Send my kids to my father’s office after you fetch them from kindergarten later,”


 

“Are you sure Papa Park can handle them at the office? The last time they went there, that poor old man lost them. They were found at the entrance of your father’s departmental store, swimming happily inside the big water fountain.  What a sensational topic the boys became that day,” Jongdae guffawed. Chanyeol’s sons, Jongdae’s most beloved nephews, Sehun and Jongin could become very mischievous sometimes.


 

Rubbing his face with his palms, Chanyeol cracked a fond smile. “Their grandfather wanted to spoil them with gifts again. They are his grandsons anyway, I’m sure he can manage them well,”


 

“Hey, when are you coming to the office by the way? The marketing department needs you. Your father needs you, Chanyeol. LOEY Mall needs you,” Jongdae exclaimed with a huge grin plastered on his face.  


 

“Stop exaggerating, CEO Park has been doing just great without me,” Chanyeol scoffed. Letting out a soft sigh, he massaged his temple. “Plus, I don't have any babysitter to look after my kids now. I just fired one last night, remember?”


 

“Have you ever considered having a boy as a nanny?” Jongdae suggested after a few seconds of being deep in thoughts, smiling. “I can get you one. A very good same age friend of mine is currently on his study break and desperately in need of some extra cash too,”


 

“Huh? A 23 years old male nanny? Does he have any qualification or experience in taking care of kids?” Chanyeol asked while scratching his chin absentmindedly. The little description that his cousin mentioned about this boy nanny certainly piqued his curiosity. Honestly, what type of college boy that was willing to spend his free time by babysitting.


 

Nodding enthusiastically, Jongdae beamed. “During our school days, babysitting was kind of his side job? Right now he’s also helping his mom taking care of his little sisters,”


 

Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed as he asked. “Little sisters?”


 

“Yup, his mother remarried. He has triplets as his little sisters, extremely cute and adorable trio of 3 years old girls,” Jongdae stated, wiggling his eyebrows at Chanyeol. “Oh! He is training to be a paramedic and have certificates for CPR and first aid treatments too. His mother is a nurse and his stepfather is a doctor, both working at Seoul National Hospital right now,”


 

“Hmm...That’s impressive and quite convincing. If he wouldn't mind living with us, I can give it a try. I’m absolutely desperate now, a beggar can't really choose do they? And I believe you, Dae,”


 

“Great!”

 

---

 

Park Chanyeol was glad the new nanny could begin working in the upcoming two weeks. Trusting his cousin, he let Jongdae arranged everything and decided to give the boy nanny a week trial before he could let him babysit his kids any further. The boys will be staying with their grandfather in the meantime, thus Chanyeol finally had the opportunity to visit his new office.


 

Placing a big box on top of his work table, Chanyeol’s eyes wandered across his surroundings. “Not a bad start. Nice office, Mr. Park Chanyeol, Head of Marketing Department of LOEY mall,” he smiled appreciatively, rough pads of fingers gently tracing his black and gold nameplate that was perched on the mahogany table. He pulled out a medium sized white picture frame from inside the box he brought and arranged it neatly at the edge of the large desk. His thumb grazing at the photo of his sons and deceased wife, all smiling back at him contentedly.


 

“If you are still alive, you would be so happy that I’m finally working with my father right now, Yu Yan,”  he mumbled. Eloping with Yu Yan and getting married in China at the young age of 20 years old was the best decision he ever made in his life. He never regretted it. Loving Yu Yan, even with the little amount of time given was such a great blessing. Yu Yan died after giving birth to Sehun, their second child. His late wife came from a rich family, his father in law owned a big shipment company and Chanyeol had been helping him for years.


 

Since he left, he never talked to his father, but still kept in touch with his mother. Chanyeol was the only heir to Park Chan Co. Group and undoubtedly he was expected to inherit all of his family’s wealth. He was trained to be the next successor since he was a little boy. But fate had brought him to Yu Yan. They went to the same school abroad and fell in love. Completely blinded by his love for Yu Yan, Chanyeol followed her to China despite all the pleadings of not to go from his parents. He was doing well in China, the thought of coming back to Korea did not cross his mind at all.  


 

The call that he received from his mother last month made him change his mind. She told him that his father was sick and he wanted to see his grandchildren before he died. He abandoned his family just to be with his lover yet his father never said anything hurtful to him. The Park patriarch never yelled nor threatened Chanyeol for being disobedient, he just refused to talk to him. He had let Chanyeol go, quietly. And Chanyeol was too ashamed to run back home, to seek comfort from his parents when his wife died. Yu Yan had always wanted to visit Chanyeol’s parents. Introducing her children to her in-laws was her only wish before she passed away.


 

“Your father needs you right now, Chanyeol. I already have my eldest son assisting me here. Don’t worry about me. I think Yu Yan would like that too. But you have to promise me something. I want to see my grandchildren too at times. So bring them here during the holidays so I can spoil them too,”   


 

The first time he reunited with his father after years of going MIA, it was so awkward. The father and son duo couldn't even hug properly. He was glad that his children didn't have any problem accepting their other grandparents despite having never met them previously in their lives. His father had been spoiling them too much, but Chanyeol was not going to complain. Seeing his father’s jovially smiling face when he played with his grandkids put his heart at ease.


 

Chanyeol wanted to learn more about his father’s company so he requested to fill in for the empty spot of the Head of the Marketing Department. He had the experience and relevant qualifications for the job, given his contributions to his father in law’s business during the past years. He even attended the interview and attained the position fair and square. Everyone knew that the CEO had a son but no one ever saw him before. He was dubbed as the CEO’s mysterious son. Working from a different perspective, not immediately ascending to the CEO’s post would be a great way of learning, he thought to himself, as Chanyeol still have a lot to know and understand regarding his father’s empire.


 

But of course, being the CEO’s only heir had its privileges. He was granted a sufficient interim for months, for him and the children to settle down comfortably with their new place first. Finding a capable nanny for taking care of his kids was definitely not an easy task. The clock was ticking, sooner later he had to eventually go to work. Previously, he took care of his children with the help of Yu Yan’s parents but now that they were back in Korea, everything was new and scary for his two sons. Chanyeol noticed the drastic changes in their behaviors. Nowadays, Jongin always threw tantrums and Sehun had rather became too quiet than his normal self sometimes.

 

“Time will heal everything kids, please hang in there,”


 

Glancing down at his silver Rolex wristwatch, Chanyeol did some quick stretching whilst yawning widely. It was approaching midnight, no wonder he felt tired as the weariness due to a whole day of organizing his office began engulfing his bones and muscles. Rubbing his tired eyes, he covered his head with his hoodie before shoving his phone inside his sweatpants. He cursed, annoyed when the Gucci flip flop that he wore was making weird squeaking noises as he moved about. Well, at least it was not eerily quiet anymore, he coaxed himself. He whistled as he closed and locked his office door. Knowing too well that there would be not a single soul left in the level of his department by this late hour, he made a beeline toward the restroom.   


 

He was rushing out of the restroom when he accidentally bumped into someone. It seemed like that person was in a hurry too and was apparently not looking at his way properly because the impact made him stumble backward, first on the floor.  


 

“Ouch!”


 

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol asked in genuine concern. He sighed in relief when the young boy didn't suffer from any injury due to their prior crash, judging by how fast he bounced back, instantly getting up from the floor. He gasped in shock when the younger male harshly grabbed the front of his sweatshirt and found himself being pulled into the small janitor’s closet beside the restroom. He supposed the cleaning lady was out doing her job because there was no yellow janitorial trolley in sight. The boy hurriedly shut the door and Chanyeol was about to scream when he covered Chanyeol’s mouth his palm, a smooth and milky white palm, Chanyeol noticed.


 

“Shh,”


 

Annoyed from being shushed by someone he didn't know, Chanyeol pulled his face away, grimacing. “Excuse me?” he retorted with furrowed eyebrows.


 

Rolling his eyes, the young boy wiped his palm on his pants and quickly apologized when he accidentally knocked Chanyeol’s chin with his head when he bowed down while doing so. “I need you to stay quiet,” he huffed, demanding.


 

The temperature inside the small closet was hot and the lighting was dim. Chanyeol felt suffocated and attempted to regain control of his breathing. He tried to be a considerate person. There was not enough air to breathe in because he had to share it with some weird, but nevertheless good looking dude. He also couldn't make an exit because the panic looking young boy’s hands were still gripping the fabric of his sweater tightly, presumably refusing to let him go. He peeked at the young boy’s ID that was dangling around his neck.


 

‘New intern,’ his eyebrows knitted, mind vaguely recalling the company new staffs intake, about a week ago.


 

“Do you have any idea who I am?” Chanyeol uttered gruffly, grimacing when he feel beads of sweats started trickling down his spine. He tried to push the boy away but groaned when a damp palm was placed on his mouth again. He knew that the given question was stupid, of course the boy wouldn't know him, but the stuffiness inside the janitor’s storage room blocked his ability to think straight. He wanted to get out of there fast.


 

“Shh, be quiet,” The young boy scoffed.


 

Pulling his head back, Chanyeol huffed, scowling hard at the shorter boy. “Do you know who I am?” he repeated, obvious annoyance lacing his raspy voice.


 

Shaking his head in reply, the young boy offhandedly dismissed Chanyeol’s inquiry and planted his ear on the door, listening intently to the giggling voices outside in the hallway. “Shh,”


 

“I’m Park Chanyeol,” Chanyeol grumbled, dumbfounded when he didn't get any reaction of terror in return from the latter.


 

“Okay, Park Chanyeol. Now be quiet,”



 

Both of them froze when they suddenly heard someone’s soft giggling outside, in the hallway. Chanyeol’s breath hitched, his already large almond-shaped eyes grew even bigger than saucers when the sound was likely getting nearer to their hiding place, the janitor’s closet. He wanted to laugh when he looked at the young boy’s pale face that looked like he had seen a ghost. The boy was currently panting hard and Chanyeol could see beads of sweat trickling down from his temple.


 

“Oh my God!” The young boy yelped and quickly covered his gaping mouth with his palms.  


 

The soft slap on Chanyeol’s chest made him hiss in pain. Okay, maybe he was exaggerating it, it was not really that painful but instead kind of ticklish for him. “What?” he asked, jaw clenched, feeling irritated for being pushed around like this.


 

The young boy’s graceful looking fingers fumbled rather ungracefully to hold onto the doorknob, glaring up at Chanyeol. “Don't let them in!” he exclaimed. “Do you want them to find us here?”   


 

“Huh?” Chanyeol frowned, but started to panic when the doorknob was beginning to move frantically like someone was impatiently trying to open the door from the outside. The next thing he knew, he was helping the other male to grip on the doorknob tightly.


 

“The janitor locked the closet. There goes my kink of having in this closet!”


 

“Don't worry, baby. After the promotion, I will have my own personal office and we’re gonna be able to do whatever we like in there,”


 

Chanyeol couldn't help but cringe at the words he was listening to. His eyes locked with the young boy’s and both of them had to bite their lips in order to suppress themselves from laughing out loud.


 

“Don't make that funny face!” The young boy wheezed out while still trying his best to keep the door shut.


 

“My face is not funny!” Chanyeol retorted in a whisper-scream, yet he couldn't refrain from chuckling when he saw the young boy closely pressing his mouth on the door, stifling his laughter. Both of them were startled when the door was abruptly being pushed hard from the other side, accompanied by low groans and….moans??!


 

The young boy’s nostrils flared. “Are you kidding me? They are making out, out there? On the other side of this door?! The audacity!” Muttering string of curses nonstop underneath his breath, he glowered at Chanyeol. “Stop laughing Park Chanyeol! Do you think this is funny?”


 

Biting his bottom lip, Chanyeol shook his head. “How much longer do we have to stay inside here?” he whispered.


 

The young boy’s cute button nose twitched, eyebrows furrowed as he shrugged. Suddenly behaving like a deer caught in the headlight, he let out a soft gasp. “Listen, Do you hear that?” he asked while placing his ear on the door again. “There’s a sound of phone ringing from the marketing department’s office area. Its nearly midnight though….creepy,”


 

“Are you for real?” Chanyeol’s breath hitched, ear already glued on the door mimicking the other male. “The phone is really ringing,”  


 

Both of them sighed in relief when they heard shuffling noises of footsteps backing away from outside their hiding spot and eventually fading away.  


 

“Well thank you... the ghost of the marketing department,” The young boy chuckled. “Come on, I think it’s safe for us to go outside now,” he smiled and carefully pushed the janitor’s closet door open. He then gently stepped outside of the small, suffocating room when he was confident that the coast was clear.


 

Wiping the beads of sweat on his wet forehead with his arm, Chanyeol followed soon after. The bright lighting from the hallway made him squint.


 

“Alright. This might be a little late, but I’m Byun Baekhyun by the way, a new intern here. Nice to meet you, Pretty,” Baekhyun beamed, stretching out his hand for a handshake.


 

Grabbing Baekhyun’s hand lightly, Chanyeol flushed. Nobody had ever called him pretty before. He could feel his entire face burning but he still had to maintain a poker face. Baekhyun’s confused frown, eyeing him from head to toe, somehow made him nervous.


 

Scratching his chin absentmindedly, Baekhyun offered him a smile again. “So, are you a new intern too? Come inside my department pantry, I’ll get you some drink,”


 

Chanyeol was clueless as to what he should answer with. In the end, he just kept his mouth shut and was glad that the intern didn't prod him any further. ‘Should he just tell him the truth? But it’s complicated,’


 

“Pretty?”


 

Chanyeol instantly blushed, his face was now scorching and his heart rates sped up. “Huh?”


 

Chuckling, Baekhyun shook his head and patted Chanyeol on the shoulder. “With such an adorable look, how are you going to survive here,” he sighed exaggeratedly in faux sympathy. “You just have to follow me then, Pretty,”

 

---

 

Chanyeol glanced down at his wristwatch, swallowing his yawn while eyeing his bubbly new companion who was busy preparing instant coffee for both of them in the pantry. It was approaching 1 in the morning but the intern was surprisingly still so chirpy, with a huge smile somewhat permanently plastered on his face, showing no signs of fatigue.

 

“Aren't you tired?” said Chanyeol soon after the intern sat beside him at the pantry table and handed him his share of the caffeinated drink.


 

“A little bit,” Baekhyun answered in all honesty, his mouth gaping wide as he stretched his sore body. “But interns can't be lazy,” he huffed and chugged down his milk coffee in one go as if he’s downing a can of beer.



 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun’s foam mustache that was forming at both ends of his lips. The intern didn't seem to bother wiping it off and the sight was irritating Chanyeol. Slowly gripping on the wet tissue that he kept inside his pocket, he fished it out and pushed it toward Baekhyun. The cleaning tendency, he couldn't help it, what with being a father of two mischievous sons, he made sure to always be ready and alert with any possibilities that they had in store for him. Wet tissue packs were one of the necessities that he made sure to keep with him all the time, to the point that it had become a habit. His sons were well aware of his quirk and they would by running away if they saw him holding a wet tissue in his hands. Annoyed at the fact that the intern was not responding or even sparing a glance at the tissue pack at all, Chanyeol had to pull one piece out himself from the package and handed it over toward the latter. When Baekhyun’s eyebrows deepened, probably in confusion as he stared back at him, Chanyeol felt breathless. The gaze that was being thrown at him was quite intimidating. ‘Is he offended?’


 

“Cream mustache,” Chanyeol explained, pointing at his own mouth. He smiled when Baekhyun finally took the wet tissue and wiped the stain before carefully throwing the used tissue into the dustbin placed at the corner of the pantry. He could see Baekhyun’s bare face clearly now.


 

‘Ah, there is a mole on his upper lip,’ he thought, his lips unconsciously.   


 

“Alright, enough chatting, I have to continue my work,” Baekhyun announced, already getting up to wash his mug at the sink.


 

Sipping the last drop of his own coffee, Chanyeol stood beside Baekhyun, getting ready to clean his mug too. “But it’s already past midnight, did the company pay for the extra working hours?”


 

Shrugging, Baekhyun took Chanyeol’s mug, lathering it with dishwasher foam. “They don't,” he stated. “I’m only a part-timer here. So I only work from 8 AM until 1 PM,”



 

“Then, what are you doing here right now?” Chanyeol had to ask, curiosity now piqued.


 

Placing the mugs on the drying rack, Baekhyun shifted his gaze toward Chanyeol. “I have to finish my task for today. I can't really fall asleep if I didn’t because then, my unfinished work is going to haunt me,” he pouted.


 

“What kind of task?”


 

Baekhyun squinted. “Pretty, you ask so many questions!”


 

Chanyeol’s face glowed into a deep shade of red. He quickly turned away to hide his crimson colored face.  


 

“If I told you, would you be willing to help me? Interns should support each other you know. Since the other workers can be mean sometimes,” Baekhyun clicked his tongue while making a gun pose with his hands as he playfully pointed them at Chanyeol, winking.


 

Drops of water that came from Baekhyun’s wet fingers hit the front of Chanyeol’s sweatshirt. Grimacing, Chanyeol nodded like a fool. Yes, he would surely like to spend some time more with Baekhyun.

 

---

 

“20 sets of handouts, ready for tomorrow’s meeting!” Baekhyun chirped, clapping his hands excitedly. He then bowed at Chanyeol, murmuring a ‘Thank you’ with a brilliant smile marring his face.


 

Chanyeol waved his hands dismissively. He didn't mind helping the latter at all. The children were both at his parents’ house and he’s also not one that could fall asleep easily either. Besides, helping Baekhyun would give him more information about the Marketing Department too.


 

“I’m glad I could finish this before tomorrow. They handed me the finishing set just when I was about to go home,” said the intern with puffed cheeks. “Plus, I had to prepare kimbap for the meeting too!”


 

“Kimbap?”


 

Nodding enthusiastically, Baekhyun grinned. “They are going to spend hours for the meeting, perhaps until lunch time. That’s why they need to eat some light snack such as kimbap first,”


 

“But why must you be the one to do it? They can just order it outside right?”


 

“Tsk, your curiosity can really get you into trouble, Pretty,” Baekhyun grumbled and patted his chest. “I was the one that volunteered to make it. So, the money goes to me,” he beamed proudly as he jumped to sit on the meeting table, swinging his dangling legs.


 

“Are you badly in need of money?”


 

Baekhyun snorted. “I’m saving up for a trip to Japan,”  


 

Chanyeol’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape as he nodded slowly. He slanted the side of his body on the table and tucked a hand under his chin. “Baekhyun?”


 

Placing the last set of handouts on the meeting table, he tilted his head to look at Chanyeol. “Hmm?”


 

Chanyeol covered his mouth while he yawned, eyes watery as he blinked to clear his blurry view. “Why did you trust me? We just met and barely know each other,”


 

“I’m using you to get my work done,” Baekhyun laughed. “ It’s difficult to make past the security guard at the lobby. This company really take good care of the employees’ safety. You must have your own ID to walk around inside this building. I saw your ID card before you shoved it inside your pocket. The senior workers usually gave interns so many works, I even had to sleep in the office on my second day of work! Therefore seeing you here, don't really surprise me,”


 

So Baekhyun did pay close attention to every detail about him. The intern definitely amazed him with his observation skills. Chanyeol gasped in surprise when Baekhyun playfully pulled up his hoodie to cover his head.


 

Jumping off from the meeting table, Baekhyun grinned. “I think we really should be going, it’s indeed getting late,”


 

They walked out of the department section together. Chanyeol helped Baekhyun to lock the door, making sure all the lights were switched off before they strolled together toward the elevator. “Baekhyun?”


 

“Yes, Pretty?” Baekhyun smiled. “Why are you blushing, you are very pretty you know? Haven't anyone told you that?” he teased, jokingly bumping their shoulders together.


 

Heat washed over Chanyeol’s entire face, enveloping the very tips of his protruding ears until the end of his nape. He was blushing like mad and he was not even a shy person, to begin with. Baekhyun truly possessed the ability to mess up his mind effortlessly. “Will you be at the office tomorrow night?”


 

“I will be here, Pretty. You know where to find me,”

 

---

 

“Who made this stupid mistake? I want a name,” Chanyeol grumbled furiously as he counted the number of handouts that were stacked on Baekhyun’s work table. He had been helping Baekhyun to redo all the faulty pages for hours, omitting the wrong sheets and replacing them with new ones. Been sitting for hours, his back was achingly sore now. He was curious and would very much like to find out who among the workers that were taking their jobs and responsibilities lightly? These reckless bastards kept repeating dumb blunders with their half-assed works and were ordering the interns to fix them. He had been meeting Baekhyun at the office for three nights straight but all they ever did during the encounters were fixing other people’s ty works.


 

Baekhyun laughed, Chanyeol’s grumpiness truly amused him. “You sound like a boss now, Pretty,”


 

Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol pursed his lips into a thin line. ‘I am your boss,’ he mentally screamed. He had yet to reveal anything regarding his position in the company to Baekhyun. It was still not the right time, he thought to himself. Explaining it would also be such a hassle. He didn't want the good relationship that he shared with Baekhyun to be destroyed the moment the latter discovered the truth. He was busy sorting a newly opened stack of A4 papers when one of the thin paper’s edge cut his finger.  


 

“Ouch!” Chanyeol yelped in pain. He the injured finger and scowled menacingly at the paper which he already threw angrily on the table.


 

“Give me your hand,” Baekhyun smiled as he fished out a small bandage from his pocket. Carefully blowing onto Chanyeol’s wounded finger, he covered the minor cut with his Star Wars themed bandage. Patting Chanyeol’s now bandaged finger with his hand, he grinned. “There you go. Stop whining, Pretty,”


 

“I am not,” Chanyeol retorted, cheeks red like tomatoes as he held his arm close to his chest, pouting.


 

Shaking his head lightly, Baekhyun snorted. “Do you know where you will be assigned to after your orientation period end?”


 

Taken aback by the sudden question, Chanyeol choked on his saliva. He was coughing nonstop and Baekhyun had to pat his back soothingly. Still wheezing, he shook his head quickly. His watery eyes caught a glimpse of his future office door that was situated just right in front of Baekhyun’s desk.


 

“You are probably nervous thinking about it huh? I will be happy if you work with me in the marketing department though. I like working with you,” Baekhyun beamed.  


 

---


 

“Appa! How many times do I have to tell you that we do not need a babysitter!” Six years old Jongin huffed, cheeks puffed as he glared up threateningly at his tall father. He pulled his dazed five years old little brother, Sehun to sit beside him at the kitchen counter. Kissing Sehun’s cheek, Jongin fixed Sehun’s messy bed hair. He gently pushed aside his little brother’s long fringes to get a clearer view of his adorable face. “Wake up, Little Star,”


 

Sehun grinned happily with barely opened eyes when his older brother did that. Scrubbing his eyes with his little fists, he then slammed his red teddy bear on the kitchen island.  “No babysitter! No!” he shouted. “They always hurt Appa!”


 

Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed as he sat down with them. “Hurt me?” he asked in confusion while placing two plates of nutritious breakfast in front of his sons.


 

Nodding enthusiastically, Sehun covered his wide opened mouth with his tiny palm, solemnly staring at his father. “We saw her trying to eat your face!” he shouted and shook his big brother’s shoulder. “Like a zombie, right Nini?”


 

“Oh my God,” Chanyeol whispered, his now pale face was resembling a corpse’s. Sehun’s horrified expression broke his heart. “She was not….where did you get that idea?”


 

“I’m glad Dae Uncle helped you that night,” Jongin mumbled and wrapped his arm around Sehun’s body, coaxing his little brother from crying. “Uncle Dae said that nanny Nancy had become a zombie and attacked Appa,”


 

Massaging his temples, Chanyeol flexed his arms and grinned. “But my Stars, can you two see this...nothing bad happened to me. Appa is very strong. I chased that zombie away, she will never come back, alright?” he cooed as he caressed both of his sons’ chubby cheeks across the table. “I have to start working soon my Stars. Your Grandpa really need my help with his company,”


 

He heaved a deep sigh when both of his sons scowled at him in return, pouts marring their adorable faces. Both seemed extremely irritated. Never the one to give up easily, Chanyeol smiled brightly while ruffling his sons’ hairs. “Let’s try again, just one last time, please?”


 

Resting his chin on Jongin’s shoulder, Sehun whined. “But what if this new nanny bite Appa too?”


 

“This new nanny is Uncle Dae’s best friend. We should trust your Uncle’s recommendation right?” Chanyeol said reassuringly.  

 

Scratching his chin, Jongin jotted down something on his notebook and whispered something into Sehun’s ear. “The nanny has to pass our interview first,”

 

Chanyeol tried so hard not to interrupt his kids’ secret conversation. He wanted to pinch their cheeks very bad. The both of them looked terribly cute discussing together with very serious faces. Jongin was writing his own name while Sehun was doodling something on his paper. “Okay, whatever you say, my Stars,”

 

---

 

Glancing at his apartment wall clock, Chanyeol took a deep breath before exhaling slowly. Jongdae and the boy nanny would be arriving soon. The waiting made him anxious. He sincerely wanted the nanny candidate to pass his children’s interview so they would accept him. They definitely had to, given Chanyeol didn't have many other options or else he had to postpone starting his job again. Which he absolutely didn’t want to, because through his new friend’s information, intern Baekhyun, he knew that the marketing department was in dire needs for a leader. They were stubborn, had no appropriate sense of direction and everybody acted like a boss, listening to no one’s orders and refused to cooperate.


 

His heart raced wildly at the sound of his apartment doorbell ringing. After making sure that his kids were sitting comfortably on the couch, playing with their toys, he hurriedly stepped toward the door. His entire 6ft frame froze at the threshold when a very familiar face that was standing behind Jongdae greeted his view.


 

“B-Baekhyun?”


 

“Pretty?”


 

Jongdae stepped from the center spot separating Chanyeol and Baekhyun and moved to the side, eyebrows furrowing. “You guys already know each other?” he asked. His quizzical frown morphed into a chiseled grin when he took in Chanyeol’s flustered face.

 

Chanyeol could feel his entire face burning at that moment. He was so shocked that he couldn't come up with any word to say. Things really had gotten too complicated now, didn’t they? He felt like he was caught red-handed from doing something bad. He heard the sound of sirens blaring inside his mind. His heart was thumping so loudly that he was positive everyone could hear it.  


 

“Okay, Pretty. Enough ogling, let us inside now,” Jongdae snickered and pushed Chanyeol away as he stepped inside the apartment, tugging Baekhyun along.


 

“Pretty, you live here?” Baekhyun gasped and punched Chanyeol’s shoulder playfully. “What a small world,”


 

“Wait here, I need to talk to Jongdae,” Chanyeol frowned and grabbed his cousin’s arm. He dragged him toward the kitchen, a little further away from Baekhyun to have an urgent private talk.  


 

“Dae, is he really the nanny?” he whispered.


 

“No, that is my Uber driver,” Jongdae snorted, rolling his eyes. “Of course Baekhyun is the nanny, you idiot. But wait, how did you guys know each other?”


 

“Appa! There is a pretty man standing behind our couch!” shouted Jongin from across the living room.


 

Chanyeol and Jongdae flinched, Jongin’s loud voice startled them. Spouting curses beneath his breath, Chanyeol walked away, leaving Jongdae behind. “We’ll talk about this later,”


 

---

 

Chanyeol and Jongdae meekly sat on the couch. Baekhyun already agreed to be interviewed by his kids earlier. They were instructed to watch Jongin and Sehun’s interviewing session by none other than the two boss babies themselves. The kids sat on the carpeted floor with crossed legs beside the coffee table and Baekhyun followed soon after, sitting opposite to them.  


 

Clearing his throat, Jongin placed his small notebook on the coffee table and adjusted his Appa’s huge, black sunglasses that kept slipping down the slope of his nose. “Alright pretty man, had Jongdae Uncle told you about our interview?” he asked, nose scrunched as he bumped his shoulder with his little brother that was currently busy drawing something on his doodling book with utmost concentration.


 

“Make sure you draw his face carefully,” Jongin reminded sternly, fingers tapping at Sehun’s blank page. “We need to remember his face before he turned into a zombie,”


 

“A zombie?” Baekhyun gasped in mock terror, playing along, his droopy eyes wandered all over the apartment. “I can assure you, there were no zombies following me to your lair, Sires. Me and your Jongdae Uncle are clear from any zombie infections,”


 

“Really..really?” Sehun squinted, still a little skeptical. “We have to be extra careful. We don't want zombie trying to eat Appa again!” he whined, shaking his head dismissively to chase away the traumatizing memory.

 

Baekhyun placed his hands on the coffee table and showed the underside of his arms before earnestly speaking in the most convincing tone, “See, my veins are not black,”  

 

Pursing his lips, Sehun slanted forward, eyes glued onto Baekhyun’s arms. He giggled silently when he saw his older brother struggled to maintain their Appa’s black sunglasses properly glued on his small face. His brother tried so hard to look intimidating but their Appa’s RayBan ruined it big time.  He patted Jongin’s back and pointed at Baekhyun’s exposed hand. “Take off your black glasses and look carefully!” he chirped. “The new nanny is not infected, his hand is clean,”


 

Since his left arm was occupied with hugging his teddy bear, Sehun used his free right hand to draw their new nanny’s face. Nodding approvingly, Jongin cleared his throat and side-eyeing his little brother that was concentratedly doodling something on his book.


 

“You have small moles on your face and a big mole your thumb,” Sehun keenly stated while glancing alternately between Baekhyun’s face and his drawing. Scooting closer to Jongin, he whispered, almost whining.  “Hyung, I don't know how to draw his hand,”


 

“Let me draw it for you,” Jongin smiled and took Sehun’s crayon. His little brother beamed and hugged his teddy bear tighter as he happily looked at Jongin’s drawing. “New nanny, what is your name?” he asked.


 

Adoringly staring at Sehun, Baekhyun tucked Sehun’s hair behind his ear. He then caressed the exposed ear gently. “My name is Byun Baekhyun, nice to meet you. What is your name, Angel?”


 

Scrunching his nose, Sehun puffed his cheeks and burrowed his face on his teddy bear’s head. With flushed cheeks, he rubbed his face gently on his favorite plushie before lifting his head to gaze up to Baekhyun. “I’m Appa’s little star...Sehun,”


 

He peeked at his big brother that was still busy drawing. The tip of Jongin’s tongue jutted out from his lips, blatantly ignoring Mr. Pretty’s question. He felt bad and decided to answer on behalf of his brother. “This is my big brother, Appa’s big star...Jongin,”


 

“Oh, little star Sehun and big star Jongin. I hope I pass the test. Please give me a chance,” Baekhyun grinned while clasping his hands together pleadingly. The opened stitches on Sehun’s teddy bear leg caught his attention. “I can help you fix that,” he offered while pointing at the torn part.


 

Hugging the bear plushie closer to his chest, Sehun shook his head vehemently. “No! Teddy hates needles,” he whined, scowling at Baekhyun.


 

“How about this, I can give Teddy my precious Star Wars bandage to cover his injured leg,” Baekhyun fished out said bandage and waved it in front of the kids.


 

Chewing his bottom lip, Sehun pushed Jongin’s drawing away until it fell on the floor and carefully placed his beloved Teddy on the table.“Alright, you can do that,”


 

Jongin pouted, Sehun’s action clearly upset him. Puffing his cheeks, he threw his crayon on the floor. Crossing his arms over his chest, he huffed in annoyance but didn’t say anything to Sehun.


 

After sticking his Star Wars bandages on Sehun’s teddy bear, Baekhyun gave it back to Sehun and shifted his gaze to the currently sulking Jongin. “Can I look at your finished drawing Jongin?” he asked.  


 

Jongin picked up the drawing book from the floor and handed it over to Baekhyun. He earnestly watched Baekhyun’s every moves like a hawk eyeing its prey. A tiny smile graced his naturally pouty lips when the new nanny praised him.


 

“Your drawing is very beautiful Jongin,” Baekhyun smiled and patted Jongin’s head. “you drew my moles at the right places, one on my upper lip and the big one on my left thumb,”


 

Glancing at his Appa that was sitting silently on the couch, he blushed. His cheeks were turning red as cherries when he grabbed back the drawing book from Baekhyun’s hand. “You can be our nanny,” he announced and got up from the floor.


 

Sehun giggled when he saw Jongin ran inside his room, leaving him alone with the new nanny. “Big star loves compliments but the praises make him blush. He can't look at your face so he ran away!”


 

---


 

“So congratulations, you are hired!” Chanyeol smiled as he ushered Baekhyun toward his apartment’s door. Baekhyun informed that he had to leave right after the interview session ended. The kids came running from their room when it was eventually the time to say goodbye. Chanyeol struggled to maintain his standing position when Jongin and Sehun hugged his bowed legs tightly. Both of them tried to peek at Baekhyun from his back.    


 

“Little star says he likes you,” Jongin flushed. He groaned when Sehun poked his cheek. “I...I like you too, come and play with us tomorrow,”  


 

“I like both of you too. See you tomorrow, good night,” Baekhyun beamed as he bid them goodbye.


 

---

 

“Can you stop staring at me?” Chanyeol retorted as he took a sip from the can of beer clutched in his hand. The coldness of the beer made his brain freeze for a second. Closing his eyes, he cursed and slumped his back on the couch, slouching grumpily. A soft sigh escaped his lips when his eyes locked with Jongdae’s when he opened them again.


 

“What the hell happened between you and Baekhyun?” Jongdae snickered.


 

“I meet him when I went to my new office, to put my things,” Chanyeol started. The grip on his beer can tighten when he saw the drastic changes on Jongdae’s face. Jongdae was very protective toward everyone close to him and right now his cousin looked eminently upset.  


 

“The office? , I forgot Baekhyun works there too!” Jongdae exclaimed and pointed at Chanyeol. “Does he know who you really are?”


 

“I.., no, he doesn't,” replied Chanyeol, shaking his head lightly.


 

Scoffing angrily, Jongdae placed his drink on the coffee table. “So you lied to him,”


 

Groaning in frustration, Chanyeol pushed his hair back as he puffed out hot air from his mouth. “I didn't say a thing. He was the one that assumed I was an intern,”


 

“And you didn't bother to correct him?” Jongdae snickered. “Do you like him?”


 

Chanyeol gulped nervously. Jongdae’s sharp eyes that were boring holes at him made him anxious. “I want to know about the marketing department through his eyes. That was my intention at the beginning,” he paused mid sentences when Jongdae shifted on his seat to lean closer toward him.


 

“But now?” Jongdae squinted, goading him to continue.


 

“Now, I want to know more about him, more than my future department,” Chanyeol admitted with a blushing face.


 

“Chanyeol-ah, lying is not going to get you anywhere, you will hurt him deeply. I don't think he will refuse to have anything to do with you even if he knew who you are,” Jongdae smacked his lips before letting out an exaggerated sigh.


 

Tilting his head to the side, Chanyeol’s eyebrow knitted. Jongdae’s statement got him confused. “Why would you say that?”


 

“You know that it’s super hard to land a job in your father’s company right? His job description was special. Why? Because your father created the job just for him,” Jongdae stated. “Who in the world could easily get the privilege to work only half day at the office? Only Byun Baekhyun I’m telling you,”


 

“My father? The CEO?” Chanyeol gasped, his eyes widened, perplexed by the sudden revelation.



 

“You father adores him a lot,” Jongdae smiled. “You now that his mother and stepfather were both working at the Seoul Hospital right? During his semester break, he always joined volunteering works organized by the hospital. That’s how your father and Baekhyun first met at the hospital. Baekhyun was a good company when your father needed to be put under the hospital’s intensive care unit for an entire week,”


 

“At that time, Baekhyun didn't know that he was helping a very important person. He enjoyed talking to your father, given his chatty nature. He stayed with your father and waited for his surgery to end. Your father requested to see him after the surgery,”


 

Chanyeol’s gaze fell on the beer can in his hand as he hummed. “I don't know about that,” he mumbled. He felt bad for not being there when his father required him the most. His father’s illness was the reason he decided to finally come home. He understood why his father liked talking to Baekhyun. There was indeed something intriguing in the boy’s personality. The way he genuinely laughed, his charming smiles, Baekhyun’s gentle voice that made any conversation with him became pleasantly soothing. The intern boy looked boyish on the outside, but the bursting confidence he exuded, for Chanyeol, that was incredibly y. They could talk about almost anything for hours. He silently agreed that Byun Baekhyun’s therapeutic way of talking was addictive.


 

“Some people can be mean, despite not by actions, but their words could be hurtful. Baekhyun received so many judging stares and whispers at the office,” Jongdae murmured.


 

“They know about Baekhyun’s good relationship with my father?” Chanyeol asked as he chugged down the last remnant of his beer. Crushing the empty can, he began cleaning the mess on the table, gathering their cans and shoving them inside a plastic bag.


 

Jongdae yawned while stretching out his body. “They knew about it when your father kept mentioning his name and bringing him out to eat together during lunchtime,”


 

Massaging his temple, Chanyeol closed his eyes and chuckled. “The CEO of LOEY mall adored Byun Baekhyun huh,”


 

“You know, based on my skillful observations, you and your father were really fond of him. You guys shared this same look, a particular whipped look painting all over your faces every time his name was being mentioned,” Jongdae teased. “But the way you stared at him was a little bit different from your father though. I can see lust from you,”


 

Blushing profusely, Chanyeol groaned. “I..I’m not lusting over him!”


 

“That’s good because you are certainly not his type. So stop this little crush of yours before it’s too late. You’ll only get hurt Chanyeol-ah,” said Jongdae.   


 

Chanyeol scowled, he felt offended. “I am not his type? But I am everyone’s type,” he snickered. He always knew that he was a very good looking man and quite irresistible. Rejection was not something that he was familiar with.


 

Scoffing out loud as a sign of protest, Jongdae shrugged. “Not to Baekhyun, he’s not ‘everyone’. Do you know what they called him at the office? The heartbreaker,”


 

Chanyeol was about to get up but Jongdae’s remark stopped him. Sitting back on the couch, he asked. “A heartbreaker?”


 

“Of course he easily charms everyone but sometimes he can be too friendly. He keeps making people fall in love with him unintentionally, but sorry. For now, all I can say is that Byun Baekhyun is not looking for love, dear cousin,” Jongdae sighed and patted Chanyeol’s cheeks.


 

Pushing Jongdae’s hand away from pinching his cheeks, Chanyeol grumbled. “I don't have a crush on him,”


 

“Oh really? Because I am certain that Byun Baekhyun is exactly your type?” Jongdae smiled when he got a curt ‘No’ from Chanyeol. “That’s good, lover boy. I don't want any of you to get hurt. Now that I thought of it. Both of you have the same attitude. Charming, friendly but always run away when it comes to love,” Jongdae frowned.


 

“You guys better stay away from each other,” he added as an afterthought.


 

---


 

“Pretty?”


 

Chanyeol’s cheeks turned as red as Jongin’s Elmo doll when Baekhyun called him with that nickname. He tried so hard to not be bothered about it, but his face betrayed him and gave it away. He was so flustered that his mind went blank for a moment. A light punch on his shoulder snapped him out of his frozen state. “Y..yeah?”

 

Baekhyun grinned and caressed Chanyeol’s cheek. “Don't worry about your kids. I promised to take good care of them while you are working,” he winked.

 

‘That deadly wink,’


 

Chanyeol’s heart skip a beat when their eyes met. ‘You shouldn't do this...this cute winking too often,’



 

“Thank you for helping me tonight. I don't think I can finish this early without your help. You are my lifesaver!” Baekhyun chirped happily.


 

Pursing his lips, Chanyeol nodded, not replying. He felt really bad for lying. Guilt eating up his insides as their good relationship started like this, with a lie.


 

“Hey, you are not being like your usual self tonight. Why did you become too quiet,” Baekhyun mumbled. “You always complained about the incompetence of my co-workers, and wanting to fire them all,” he chuckled while trying to search for Chanyeol’s teardrop eyes that were hidden under his friend’s long fringe. Chanyeol’s silence got him suspicious.


 

Tearing his gazed away from Baekhyun’s good looking face, Chanyeol cast his eyes down to his lap. Tonight marked the fourth night he spent with Baekhyun at the marketing department office, but he still couldn't come up with anything to say about his position in the company.


 

“I’m starting next week,” he rasped, starting slowly. His heart was pounding crazily. He could feel his lips parting, trying to talk more, yet nothing came out, he couldn't bring himself do it.


 

“That’s good. But do you still don't know where the management is going to place you?” Baekhyun asked while tidying up his work table.


 

‘The deadly question,’


 

Everything about Byun Baekhyun was life-threatening to him right now, even his infamous rectangular shaped smiles. He made Chanyeol felt breathless. He didn't know how long could he handle the tension before he bursts. The future Head of Marketing Department tried to not to look at the intern’s face as he swallowed his guilt and answered.


 

“No,” he curtly said. His heart twinged, it was painful. Lying to Baekhyun who genuinely trusted him, hurt him too.

 

---

 

Groggily walking toward his kitchen to get his early morning glass of water, Chanyeol froze in his steps when he saw someone sitting in the dining area. Through his blurry vision and barely awoke mind, he could make out that person drinking a glass of water while playing with his phone. His eyebrows knitted together deeply, confused with the image he was seeing. He couldn’t recall hiring a chef since he always preferred cooking by himself for his kids.


 

“Morning, Pretty!” Baekhyun chirped.


 

‘That deadly smile is surely gonna be the death of me one day,’


 

Chanyeol’s breath hitched. His face slowly burned up, heart beginning to jackhammer inside his ribcage. He mentally cursed himself, Baekhyun calling him ‘Pretty’ never failed to make his body unconsciously react weirdly like this. He got flustered way too quickly. Chanyeol couldn't help but cringe at this stupid behavior of his.


 

“B-Baekhyun,” he rasped. How could he forget about his new friend, the kids’ newly appointed nanny? Baekhyun was going to live with them. He arrived with his luggage last night, after finishing his job at the office. They had come to the agreement that Baekhyun should start his trial period a few days earlier before Chanyeol began officially working next week.


 

The cold morning breeze seeping in through the crack of his ajar apartment window hit his body, making him shiver. Only then he realized that he was topless, dressed in only his favorite shorts. Quickly covering his exposed s by crossing his arms over his chest, he blushed. “M-morning,”


 

“Come here and sit with me,” Baekhyun excitedly said as he patted the empty chair next to him.


 

Clearing his throat, Chanyeol fixed his messy bed hair, hoping that he would look decent enough in front of Baekhyun albeit it was probably a tad bit too late for that already. He obliged to Baekhyun’s request to sit together with him at the 4-seaters dining table. Rubbing his face with his palms, he yawned. A warm cup of coffee, followed by a blinding smile from Baekhyun made him chuckle.


 

“Are you always this energetic in the morning?” he asked, Baekhyun’s chirpy personality amused him.



 

“I usually talk more when I’m hungry,” Baekhyun laughed. “I’m sorry for calling you Pretty. You are my boss now,” he smiled sheepishly, mindlessly scratching his nape.


 

Chanyeol blew his hot coffee for a few seconds before drinking it slowly. Through his fluttering eyelashes, he peeked at Baekhyun’s grinning face and shrugged. “We are friends, I’m OK with being called ‘Pretty’ but my kids will be giggling if they heard it,”


 

Nodding slowly, Baekhyun whispered, “Alright, Pretty. It’ll be just between the two of us,” followed by a playful wink.


 

---



 

“Pretty,”


 

Chanyeol’s smile grew wider. Heat instantly spread all over his body making butterflies fluttering crazily inside his stomach. Baekhyun’s voice from over the phone made him feel warm and contented.


 

“How are the kids? Are they giving you a hard time?” he asked as he pushed his empty cart further into the hypermarket. Jongin’s and Sehun’s loud voices screaming for him in the background made him laugh.


 

“They are quite...a handful, Pretty,” Baekhyun chuckled. “But we managed to get along well, don't worry,” he added.



 

“I’m actually kinda hoping to hear compliments about the spaghetti that I cooked for lunch though,” Chanyeol demanded. He was blushing profusely right now. With his phone pressed tightly onto his ear, his other free hand busy filling his empty cart with essential groceries.



 

He saw Jongdae coming toward him while carrying bags of chips in his arms, smiling brightly. Between his mouth was a toothpick that he probably got from the food testing zone. Chanyeol and the Head of HR Department were going to grab lunch together. After fetching his cousin from his office, Chanyeol decided to drag Jongdae along with him for a quick grocery shopping.


 

“Calling Baekhyun and asking about your kids huh. How domestically cringy,” Jongdae teased as he handed a small tester cup of coffee that he grabbed beside them to Chanyeol.


 

Chanyeol was in the middle of sipping the coffee when Baekhyun replied.


 

“The kids love it,”


 

Chewing on his bottom lip, Chanyeol frowned. That was not the answer that he wanted to hear. “How about you?” he stubbornly asked even though the question made his face turn scarlet. Puffing his cheeks, he continued to drink his coffee slowly.


 

“I like it too. It’s soooooooooo delicious! I swear I’ve never tasted anything tastier than Pretty’s homemade spaghetti in my entire life!”


 

Smiling smugly, Chanyeol nodded, fully satisfied with the reply. Baekhyun’s praises boosted up his already overflowing confidence, making him feel even more proud of himself. “That surely sounds exaggerated,” he snorted, wanting to stay humble about it.


 

“Dae told me you like praises,” Baekhyun started. “And…,” he trailed off.  


 

A long pause from Baekhyun got Chanyeol’s heartbeat quickening. “And?” he frowned, side-eyeing Jongdae that was beaming slyly at him. He couldn't swallow his drink properly.


 

“Praises make you ,” Baekhyun blurted nonchalantly.


 

Chanyeol choked on his coffee, Baekhyun’s words got him wheezing for air. His face was burning while hearing Baekhyun’s fits of laughter blaring from over the phone. How could he forget that Byun Baekhyun loved to , making him blush was like one of Baekhyun’s life’s mission. Jongdae teaming up with Baekhyun could inevitably turn his world upside down.  


 

“I’m going to kill your best friend,”


 

---


 

“Appa!”

 

Jongin and Sehun shouted as they excitedly marched toward Chanyeol who was entering the apartment while carrying a huge biodegradable grocery bag that was slung over his broad shoulder.

 

“Hello, my stars!” Chanyeol smiled and pecked both of his sons’ heads. His eyes wandered all across the apartment area, searching for Baekhyun’s whereabouts. “Where is your nanny?”


 

“Let me carry this for you,” Jongin offered. He huffed when his father moved the sling bag to his shoulder and grinned proudly when his father patted his head. “I got this,” he groaned as he staggered toward the kitchen island. The three of them walked further into the center of the house.



 

“Nanny Bee is cleaning the tiles over there!” Sehun chirped while his small finger pointed at the small space right beside the bathroom.



 

“Nanny Bee….is cleaning?” Chanyeol’s eyebrows turned into a quizzical frown.



 

Nodding enthusiastically, Sehun beamed and showed his teddy bear at his father. “Nanny Bee help us with our artwork, we played with watercolor today!”  



 

Chanyeol gasped when he saw the current state of Sehun’s favorite teddy bear. There were splotches of colors decorating the bear’s synthetic fur. He glanced down at the floor and just as he expected, the view of his colorful apartment tiles knocked the air out of his lungs. Sehun was dragging his teddy bear all over the house, leaving trails of watercolors on the floor. He silently thanked the heavens that his Little Star only walked on the tiled area, not the carpeted section. He glanced at Baekhyun that was crouching on the floor, scrubbing the colors off while still in his work attire.


 

‘This big mess can't possibly be done by Sehun alone,’ he thought, side-eyeing Jongin who was busy shoving his favorite yogurt drinks into the refrigerator while joyfully singing to his favorite song.

 

‘The second culprit,’ Chanyeol smirked.


 

Poking one of his yogurt drinks with a straw, Jongin paused mid-action when his eyes locked with his Appa’s squinted ones. “Thank you for this delicious drink Appa,” he bowed politely, innocently blinking at his father. Sighing deeply, Chanyeol ruffled his son’s hair.


 

“You guys have fun with your nanny but why is he doing all the cleaning alone? I told you before right, you two can play but you have to be responsible for the tidying up after that,” he said sternly.


 

Sehun sniffled while hugging his bear. “I want to help Nanny Bee, Appa! But the water bucket is too heavy for me. I can’t lift it up. But Big Star is stronger, so he helped Nanny Bee by carrying it toward him from the bathroom,” he whined.


 

“So both of you help,” Chanyeol smiled and caressed Sehun’s cheeks. “That’s good,”


 

“The bucket is reaaaaalllly heavy, Appa. All the work made me thirsty,” Jongin pouted after making wild hand gestures. “Nanny Bee said that we helped enough,”


 

“Pretty, welcome back!” Baekhyun huffed as he stood up from the floor and rushed toward Chanyeol and the kids.


 

“Nanny Bee calls Appa ‘Pretty’,” Sehun grinned enthusiastically. His eyes were twinkling brightly while looking between his Appa and his new nanny.



 

Wiping the beads of sweat on his forehead with the sleeves of his office shirt, Baekhyun groaned, shaking his head lightly. He hid his fully occupied hands behind his back and bowed slightly. “I’m sorry. I mean, welcome home Mr. Park,”


 

“You can keep calling our Appa ‘Pretty’,” Jongin suggested with a serious face. “Appa loves praises,” he added earnestly.


 

“Y-You can take a rest Baekhyun, I’m gonna prepare dinner,” Chanyeol tried to maintain his poker face in front of his kids despite the big grin threatening to burst out on his face. Baekhyun calling him ‘Pretty’ always made him giddy. He knew that he couldn't shield his red cheeks.



 

“Can I talk to you for a second, Mr. Park?” Baekhyun scowled. He asked the kids to wait for him in their bedroom and ushered Chanyeol to sit on the stool at the kitchen island.



 

“What is it Baekhyun?” Chanyeol asked. Judging from how hard Baekhyun’s eyebrows were furrowing, he knew that there was something bothering him.



 

Inhaling and exhaling air from his chest, Baekhyun smiled weakly. “You are my boss now, I’m sorry if I were being rude to you. I just can’t help it, being with you...it’s very comfortable to the point that I’ve forgotten my place here, as your kids’ nanny,”



 

Chanyeol smiled and lightly punched Baekhyun’s arm. “Stop all this seriousness, please,” he cringed. “We started off as friends. I’m comfortable with you too. So please just consider me as your friend,”


 

“Really?” Baekhyun squinted. “Did all of your previous nannies have this privilege? I mean resting time while you cook for them?” He scoffed. “I would like you to treat me like them,”


 

Chanyeol’s eyes crinkled, smiling wide. “Yes. When I get back home. I’m in charge of cooking in this house. I prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Usually, when I come back home in the evening, I let the nanny rest. I will look after my kids while I’m making dinner. You are not special, Byun Baekhyun,”  he said smugly.


 

Placing his palm on his chest, Baekhyun’s shoulders slumped as he pouted. “I’m glad that I’m not that special,” he huffed. Tucking his hands under his chin, Baekhyun snorted. “You are such a good boss. I’m sure all of your nannies like you,”  


 

Scoffing out loud, Chanyeol laughed. “Oh they do like me, a lot,” he grimaced. Just thinking about his children’s past nannies made him feel suffocated.  


 

Baekhyun grinned and patted Chanyeol’s shoulder. “Alright, Mr. Park. I’ll be taking a break now as I need to change my work attire. Give me 30 minutes and I’ll be right back,” he said as he jumped off from his seat and rushed toward his bedroom.


 

Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun’s retreating figure and his eyes cast down to his nanny’s colorful feet. Chuckling to himself, he shook his head, Baekhyun always amused him. The nanny did not realize that he left his colorful footprints all over the place. Chanyeol sighed, already getting up to get the mop and wiped the color stains off from the floor.


 

---


 

Chanyeol whistled happily as he walked out of his bedroom. Usually, after dinner, the kids would be playing inside their room and he would use the free time he had before tucking them to sleep to watch the TV. However, the soft giggling noises from his children lead him toward the dining area. He saw Baekhyun sitting with his boys, chatting merrily with a stack of books on the table. The sound of his slippers diverted their attention toward him.


 

“Pretty!”


 

Chanyeol laughed when Baekhyun and the kids called him ‘Pretty’ at the same time. “I’m coming,” he sat with them at the table and smiled when he saw Baekhyun mouthed a ‘Sorry’, probably because of calling him ‘Pretty’ in front of his kids, again.


 

“Now her parents become pigs!” Sehun whined. “What will Chihiro do now Nanny Bee? Can she save them?”


 

“Chihiro should return across the river before the sunset. Now Chihiro and her parents are trapped inside the spirited world,” Jongin murmured while scratching his chin.


 

“You want to know more about Chihiro’s adventure in spirited away?” Baekhyun squinted. Two simultaneous enthusiastic nods from the kids made him laugh. “I’ll continue tomorrow. That if, you two were well behaved, of course,” he smiled and reached out his hand toward Sehun to caress his puffy red cheek.


 

“Appa, do you know spirited away?” Sehun yawned and rubbed his watery eyes on his teddy bear.


 

“Of course I do, Little Star, ” Chanyeol smiled.


 

Jongin’s eyes brightened up instantly. “Really? Then you also know the rest of the story?”


 

Nodding slowly, Chanyeol closed his son’s wide opened mouth. Big Star really loved listening to stories. “I can tell you just a little bit more, only if your nanny approves it, it’s his story time anyway,” he shrugged.


 

Baekhyun frowned while letting out a soft hum. “Okay, you can tell them up until Chihiro meets Kamaji at the boiler room. I want to tell them about the cute Susuwatari myself,”


 

---


 

“Are the kids already asleep?” Baekhyun whispered while glancing at the kids’ bedroom door. He patted the empty chair beside him and waited for Chanyeol to come closer.



 

Chanyeol swallowed his saliva thickly. Baekhyun had his large reading glasses on and already changed into his sleeping attire. He only wore a baggy sweatshirt and short pants to sleep, looking extremely adorable. Chanyeol could see glimpses of his milky thighs when the nanny chose to sit crossed legs on the chair. Pretending that Baekhyun didn't do anything to quicken his pulse, he followed his request to sit with him at the table.



 

“They are asleep. Not bad on your first day, Nanny Bee,” He praised. “I’m such a bad storyteller. They were whining because I couldn't make sound effects for the story. How am I supposed to know the sound of Kamaji’s boiler room?” he snickered, side-eyeing Baekhyun.



 

Baekhyun laughed while slapping Chanyeol’s arm. “Just do whatever sound that you feel like, they would never know you are lying anyhow,” he said and continued to read the book in his hand.



 

Upset that Baekhyun ignored him to instead focus on his book, Chanyeol pouted and started scanning through the medical books on the table. He didn't feel like sleeping yet and he craved some attention from the new nanny. “Why paramedic?” he asked.


 

Yawning widely, Baekhyun pulled out his reading glasses and stared at Chanyeol’s face. Pushing his book away, he tucked his hands underneath his chin and he smiled weakly. “Years back, when I was young, I was not a very good son to my mother,” he started.


 

“You had your first love right? The one that you gave your heart, your soul, your everything. Your first pure love,” he smiled when he got a nod from Chanyeol.



 

“What happened?” Chanyeol asked as he propped his back on his chair, making himself comfortable.


 

“I was so stupidly in love. I let him played my heart. I clung onto him and blindly accepted the fact that he would still choose his wife over me in the end and I was only going to stay as his hidden lover,”


 

“You are in love,” Chanyeol murmured, totally understand that young people tended to make rash decisions when they were madly in love.


 

Rubbing his face with his palms, Baekhyun dropped his hands onto his lap and started playing with his fingers. “He left me for good, without words. He was done playing with me, Baekhyun snickered.


 

“I felt that my world had ended,” he scoffed. “I mourned for my stupid heartbreak for months. I ignored my mother. She had been trying to conceive for years after she remarried. I didn't bother to congratulate her when she told me she was pregnant and I would become a big brother,” he said with a shaky voice as he slumped his face on his book, looking away from Chanyeol.  


 

Chanyeol kept his mouth shut, absentmindedly caressing Baekhyun’s peach scented hair. The nanny’s fluffy locks were as soft as silks gliding underneath his palm.  


 

“My stepfather was working that night. So my mother was left alone at the house. She was one month away from her due date. I avoided reading or picking up my parents’ phone calls or messages when I went out with my friends. Then when I arrived home…,” Baekhyun sniffled and sat up properly again with a sorrowful expression marring his face.


 

Chanyeol’s heart clenched at the way Baekhyun’s hands were shaking. The nanny was holding in his sobs as he stared down at his trembling hands.  


 

“My mother was lying in a pool of blood. She was bleeding badly. She fainted. I only saw red, the horrid smell of blood was too strong that it made me dizzy,” Baekhyun gasped as if the scene was being replayed in front of him. “I didn't know what to do, I kept screaming her name but didn't get any response from her, so I started bawling uncontrollably. I kept praying inside my heart. Oh please God, do not take my mother away yet. It’s been so long since I last heard her call my name,” he wheezed.


 

Chanyeol sighed when he looked at the way how hard it was for Baekhyun to handle his emotion. His body was trembling frantically, droopy eyes and button nose watery and red. The nanny couldn't stop mumbling about blaming himself.


 

“I managed to pull myself together and dialed the ambulance. The paramedic team that was helping my mother amazed me with their awesome skills. They were the best!” He smiled. “From that moment on, I promised to myself that I want to become a better man, someone useful, especially to my mother,”



 

Puffing his cheeks, Baekhyun wiped his watery eyes with the back of his palm. “You know, you should just ask me simple questions. Like how do I like my egg cooked in the morning,”


 

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol chuckled, he was glad that Baekhyun started smiling again, like his usual self. The cheeky grin was back on his good looking face and Chanyeol felt relieved because he was the one who at fault for wiping it away just now in the first place. “You are right, how do you like your egg cooked in the morning?”


 

“I love soft steamed egg, can you cook it for me, Pretty?” Baekhyun beamed as he continued to stare at Chanyeol with hopeful eyes.  



 

“You are not special, Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol snorted.


 

They chatted for a while before Chanyeol started yawning nonstop. After uttering a simple goodnight, he excused himself to sleep, leaving Baekhyun to study. Chanyeol fell asleep that night while browsing through the internet on ‘How to cook delicious steamed eggs’.


 

---

 

Chanyeol was an early riser. His morning routine consisted of him turning on all of his favorite white noises inside his house. The sounds of the dryer tumbling and coffee brewing machine helped him relax as he prepared for breakfast. Breakfast was ready by the time for the kids to wake up. His enjoyed his quiet and peaceful morning so much.


 

He knew that his mornings wouldn't be the same anymore ever since Baekhyun became a new addition to his household, as his kids’ nanny. Baekhyun’s soft humming to a song as he was packing the boys’ food into separate containers would definitely go into Chanyeol’s morning white noises list. It was calming and at the same time, hilarious. Judging on how fast Baekhyun swayed his hips as he hummed to a slow song, he was definitely not in sync at all. Well, at least Chanyeol knew the nanny was happy.


 

“My newly added white noise,” Chanyeol murmured as he glanced at Baekhyun that was standing beside him.



 

“W-what?” Baekhyun squinted with a small wooden spoon stuck between his lips.

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol gasped. He was shocked to see the tester bowl, evidence of his failed early attempts in making steamed eggs, in Baekhyun’s hand. The nanny was eating it with a flourish. “Where did you get that?” he asked. “T-that's the ruined ones,”   


 

Chanyeol tried to make steamed eggs for their breakfast that morning. He woke up around 4 AM to prepare it. He never tried cooking steamed eggs before, thus, after a couple of trials and errors, he finally succeeded in creating 4 bowls of steamed eggs he deemed edible and they were going to eat it with rice. He glanced at the oven and sighed. Baekhyun ate all the failed ones. The textures of those steamed eggs were not so soft and silky as he intended them to be. Unfortunately, he forgot to throw them away and kept the bowls together inside the oven. He sighed again when he saw an empty bowl in the kitchen sink. “Why did you ate it? It’s not turning out the way I wanted it to be,” He whined.


 

“Your steamed egg is so delicious, Pretty,” Baekhyun praised, his eyes were closed in bliss as he shoved another spoonful of the steamed egg into his mouth.


 

“You ate the tester ones, Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol snickered. “Such a sweet talker, aren't you?” he squinted, chuckling at the way Baekhyun’s mouth pouted. The nanny was adorably staring up at him like that and Chanyeol couldn't resist the urge to pinch his button nose.

 

Scrunching his nose, Baekhyun scooped another small portion of the steamed egg inside his bowl and shoved it inside Chanyeol’s mouth. “Taste it! I’m not lying,”


 

Chanyeol wasn't ready when Baekhyun charged toward him. He had his arms circling around Baekhyun’s back to keep them from falling on the floor. He groaned in distaste when the nanny managed to shove the spoon inside his mouth. Baekhyun had to tiptoe to match his height. He knew that they were both invading each other’s personal spaces when he could smell Baekhyun’s minty breath ghosting over his lips. Chanyeol was well aware that his entire face was burning at that moment and he was not surprised at all. But that was the first time he saw Baekhyun blushed. The nanny’s cheeks and nose were ruby red and he tore his gaze away from looking at Chanyeol’s eyes directly. This kind of reaction he got from Baekhyun was different and Chanyeol would be lying if he said he didn’t like it. Ducking down his head to search for Baekhyun’s eyes, he smiled. “Hmmm not bad. You are really telling me the truth, happy now?”  


 

“Pretty?”


 

“Hmm?”


 

“I know that I am not special, but thank you for making a steamed egg for breakfast today,” Baekhyun mumbled timidly.


 

“You are welcome, not special Byun Baekhyun,” Chanyeol smirked.


 

Clearing his throat, Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away. “You can go get ready to work now, I’ll set the table and get the kids ready for school,” with that, he scurried over to the kids’ room, leaving Chanyeol alone in the kitchen.


 

Chanyeol was reluctant to let Baekhyun slipped away from his arms. He even thought about burrowing his nose into the crook of Baekhyun’s slender neck, inhaling his body scent and basking in the nanny’s energetic morning energy. Yes, he would very much like to do that. That would be the kind of lazy, relaxing morning that he would be looking forward to. He hated the fact that Jongdae was right and although he refused to confess it out loud, he admitted that really likes Byun Baekhyun ever since the first day they met.


 

But first, he had to tell him the truth.


 

---

 

Chanyeol was in the middle of his jogging routine when Baekhyun called him that evening. His eyes wandered around the park to find a suitable place for him to accept the phone call. He deemed an empty bench just beside the pavement as a perfect spot for him to settle down. After making sure that his rapid heartbeats and panting were back to normal, he swiped the phone screen to answer.


 

“Yes, Baekhyun,” he rasped, struggling to hide his giddiness.


 

“Pretty,”


 

Chanyeol’s heart bloomed. He knew he must be looking silly right now from an outsider’s point of view, grinning like a fool. The tiredness that he felt engulfing his body immediately disappeared when he heard Baekhyun’s cheerful tone. The nanny recharged his depleting energy. He had to agree, Jongdae was telling him the truth, he was undeniably whipped for his nanny. “Are you guys alright?” he asked worriedly.


 

Baekhyun hummed. “Sorry to bother your working out time but this is a very important matter,”


 

Chanyeol frowned, what could be the problem that Baekhyun couldn't wait for him to come back home. “What is it?”


 

“It’s about Jongin and Sehun,”


 

Just at the mention of his sons’ names made his heartbeats sped up. His mind automatically started conjuring up so many bad possibilities that could happen to them.


 

“Nothing bad happened, Pretty. Breathe please,” Baekhyun coaxed.

 

Chanyeol could breathe normally again when Baekhyun reassured him that the kids were alright. “They are just up for trouble again,” Chanyeol snorted at that, not really surprised.

 

“They flooded their bathroom,” Baekhyun started explaining. “They played with your expensive shower bath and keep pumping it to produce more bubbles and they used it until the last drop. One whole bottle is gone,”

 

Groaning begrudgingly, Chanyeol massaged his throbbing temple. “It’s my fault. I should have kept it out of their reach in the first place,” he deadpanned.

 

“I’m sorry. I left them for a while inside their bathroom to take a piss and when I came back, the bottle was already in their hands. The floor inside your room is also wet because they ran to get the bottle from your bathroom with their drenched feet,” he whispered. “Oh my God, I feel really bad, I’m so sorry,” Baekhyun apologized, whining pitifully. “You can cut my salary, I don't even know if my salary would be enough to cover it,”


 

“Or I can just use yours,” Chanyeol suggested, smirking teasingly.


 

“You are gonna smell like peaches,” Baekhyun snorted. “A cheap peach,”


 

” I don't mind smelling like you. You smell good,” Chanyeol said it loud and clear as if the words didn't make him cringe and blush at the same time. He was glad that Baekhyun couldn't see his face.


 

“But never as good as you, Pretty,” Baekhyun murmured.


 

Chanyeol couldn't find his tongue to reply back. Baekhyun was not being fair. Jongdae was right again, Byun Baekhyun was such a sweet talker. He could charm everyone with his words.  


 

“Pretty, I just want to give you some heads up before you reach home. It’s about your house’s gloomy situation right now,”


 

“My stars are upset?” Chanyeol made a quick guess. If the kids were not happy, then the entire apartment including the people in it would most likely feel the same way too. Their bad mood was contagious. He stayed quiet to let Baekhyun continued his words.  


 

“Nini is upset and Hun is throwing a tantrum because grumpy Nini hides his teddy bear. I’ve been searching for Hun’s teddy bear all over the house but I couldn’t find it,” Baekhyun complained in devastation.


 

Baekhyun’s heavy breathing could be heard clearly from over the phone. The nanny sound genuinely concerned and distressed with his sons’ childish quarrel. For Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun squabbling scene was normal. One minute they were fighting over toys then the second after their giggles could be heard booming from inside their room. “Alright, I’ll keep that in mind. Just, don't stop trying to find Sehun’s teddy. I’ll be back soon,”


 

---


 

“I’m home,” Chanyeol announced as he walked into his apartment and slipped his feet into his fluffy house slippers. He could hear Sehun’s loud cries echoing throughout the entire apartment as the Little Star came running toward him from his bedroom.


 

“Appa! Appa!” Sehun screamed with tears running down his red cheeks.

 

“Yes, Little Star. I’m here,” Chanyeol cooed softly as he squatted down on the floor, arms wide open, waiting for Sehun to come closer. “Ouff,” he groaned in pain when their bodies collided. Lifting Sehun up from the floor, he kissed his temple while coaxing his youngest to stop crying.


 

“Appa, Big Star was being mean,” the Little Star whimpered, burrowing his wet face in the crook of his father’s neck. “He hides my teddy,”


 

“Where is your brother?” Chanyeol asked, eyes wandering across the apartment. “Where is your Nanny Bee?”  

 

Sehun huffed when his Appa wiped his watery face with the tissue that he pulled out from his pocket. “Nini is hiding inside our tent. Nanny Bee is still searching for my teddy,”


 

“Be a good boy and sit here for a while, I’m going to find them,” Chanyeol carried Sehun into the living room and placed him on one of the couches. He the TV for Sehun and left to search for missing Jongin and Baekhyun. He found Baekhyun in his kids’’ bedroom, looking completely lost with his messy locks, cradling the kids’ toys full in his arms. The nanny was still in his work attires that he wore that morning, a baby blue dress shirt paired with black pants.


 

“Baekhyun,” he called while knocking on the door.   


 

Baekhyun flinched, almost making the toys in his arms fell on the floor. Chanyeol’s greeting startled him. Blowing at his long fringe, he exchanged smiles with the single father. “You are back. Wait, I need to sit down first,” he huffed and proceeded to sit at the edge on Jongin’s bed.


 

“You look busy and tired,” Chanyeol stated, wiggling his eyebrows playfully.


 

“Come here and sit with me, Pretty,” Baekhyun grinned, eyes gesturing to the empty spot right beside him.


 

Smacking his lips, Chanyeol couldn’t help but to roll his eyes as he scampered toward Baekhyun. He grabbed the kids’ empty toy basket along his way and placed it in front of the nanny as he sat next to him. Now both of them were busy picking up the toys that were scattered messily on the floor into the container.


 

“You can't find the kids’ rhythm yet huh? I see that you are still wearing your work clothes,” Chanyeol asked, mouth jutting at Baekhyun.


 

Scrunching his nose, Baekhyun yawned in exhaustion while stretching out his sore limbs. “I’m still learning about them. I need to earn their trust first. Tonight we are going to create their daily schedule. I hope I can keep up with their never-ending energy,” he said, wiping his watery eyes with the back of his palm.


 

“A great idea. An Appa-approved schedule, I hope,” Chanyeol chuckled. He then stopped collecting the toys on the floor and sighed. “Wait...why are we cleaning after their mess? Just leave it alone,” he grunted in displease. “Go and take a bath, and then we can eat dinner together. I’ll handle the kids,”


 

Scrunching his nose, Baekhyun sniffed his body, gasping slowly. “Do I stink?” he asked, staring at Chanyeol with wide blown eyes.  


 

Chanyeol smiled as he stared at Baekhyun’s horrified face. Shrugging, he got off from the bed, scoffing out loud. “You smelled like cheap peach,” He said while walking out from the kids’ bedroom. Baekhyun’s soft grumbles calling him ‘mean boss,’ made him chortle.


 

---


 

Chanyeol crouched down to peek into the small opening of his son’s tent. He smiled when he saw a grumpy looking Jongin inside. “Big Star?”


 

Jongin scowled at his tall father and shifted his body to avoid facing him. “I’m upset,” he huffed.  


 

“Yes Jongin, I can clearly see that,” Chanyeol cooed. “What happened to my handsome prince?” he smiled when he saw Jongin’s cheeks turned red because of the compliment but the cranky boy still refused to look at him.


 

“You know, Appa is sad too,” he added while glancing at his son, faking a sad face.


 

Jongin’s head swiftly turned toward his father and crawled toward him. Kneeling, he then cupped his father’s face, staring at him in utter adoration. Caressing his father’s cheeks with his thumbs, Jongin asked. “Who made you sad, Appa?”   


 

Chanyeol’s eyes crinkled, smiling at son. He leaned closer to kiss Jongin’s forehead. “Nobody. It’s just that since I got home, I haven't gotten a hug from my Big Star yet,”   


 

“I’m sorry, don’t be sad,” Jongin cooed as he wrapped his arms around his father’s neck, squeezing him tightly.


 

Chanyeol patted the back of Jongin’s head. “I feel better now. Thank you,” he smiled. “Can you tell me what happened?” he laughed when Jongin turned his body around and invited himself to sit in Chanyeol’s lap. Bringing Jongin’s small figure closer into his embrace, he smooched the top of his firstborn’s head, waiting for him to speak up.


 

Shrugging at his father’s question, Jongin sighed. “It’s about love, Appa. It’s complicated,”


 

“Oh?” Chanyeol gasped, dumbfounded. He tried not to offend his son with his surprised face when Jongin glanced up at him. ‘How can his six years old son know about love?’


 

“Adults won't understand,” Jongin pouted.


 

Rising his eyebrows, Chanyeol whispered. “I can be a great listener,”


 

Slumping his back on his father’s chest. Jongin mumbled. “There is this beautiful girl in my class named Miranda,” he started. “Her eyes are blue like the ocean, I like her a lot, Appa,”


 

Chanyeol hummed as he nodded. He buried his chin on Jongin’s head and held his small fingers in his palms. “Did she upset you?”


 

“She kissed Sehun’s cheek and then she said he is too adorable, I got jealous,” Jongin grumbled. “I am cute too,”

 

“Is that the reason for you to hide your little brother’s teddy?” Chanyeol asked. “That’s not fair for Sehun. Your brother is not the one who kissed her?” he gulped when his eyes locked with Jongin’s squinted one.


 

“Appa,” Jongin groaned in disapproval.


 

“Y-yeah?” Chanyeol replied with cautiousness, he didn't know what he did wrong but Jongin’s judging stare made him feel bad already. “What I mean is… You too can't resist kissing his chubby cheeks right?”


 

Pursing his lips, Jongin crawled back into his tent and zipped up its entrance, hiding from his father. “I need time to sort out my feelings, give me some space please,” he said sternly, with an air of finality.


 

---


 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol called carefully while knocking on  Baekhyun’s bedroom door. He kept glancing at Sehun that was taking a nap on the couch. He didn't want to wake the boy up. His Little Star would get cranky if his sleep was interrupted. He pushed the door open when he received a soft ‘Come in’ from Baekhyun. Jongin’s love problem, he didn't know how to handle it. He needed someone’s opinion regarding this matter, fast.


 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter