Match

Yamada Ryosuke one-shots Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chinen and Yamada rivalry?:

 

Ryosuke thought today would be a good filming day, great in fact. He had been looking forward to it all week but he found himself dreading it since the moment Chinen walked up to you and offered a little soccer match. Granted, that had been Ryosuke’s intended plan with you, he wanted to try and get closer, be more loose around you and get rid of the tension, yet his aggravating best friend beat him to it.

He was aware that Chinen had no romantic feelings towards you but at times he had to ask himself, was Chinen testing him? Ryosuke truly had to wonder.

Ryosuke merely watched from afar as Daiki, Yabu, Chinen and you all played soccer while taking a short break from filming an Itadaki episode special. He felt like a mere spectator, jealousy and a slight pinch of anger inevitably ruining his mood, surely reflecting in the way he shamelessly glared at Chinen’s smiling face each time you tried and succeeded in taking the ball from him, Show off. He thought.

You started off as a harmless crush to Ryosuke, your cute yet tomboyish looks being his main attraction towards you, yet he never let it bother him enough to take his likings too seriously. With time he found out about your hobbies, what things you were into and just small talk, he learned you were into gaming and sports, you were fun to be around and didn’t mind getting down and dirty if you needed to. The moment Ryosuke finally realized his feelings for you went a lot further than just a mere crush, he got scared ..

His fears led him to back off for a while, he didn’t want to get too close and cause a problem, he didn’t want to break rules or get in trouble. But most of all, Ryosuke didn’t want to be the cause of you having to leave the job. He didn’t want to risk anything, not his or your career. He didn’t want to ruin the friendship he built with you even if it meant backing away. But truth be told, Ryosuke was tired of seeing Chinen take his spot, he felt like he unintentionally passed down his throne to your attention and he certainly wasn’t ready to be sharing. Ryosuke had to step up.

“Ryosuke, you really need to tell her how you feel! Or at least tell Chinen to back off if you’re going to murder him with that look ..” Yuto scoffed before taking a seat next to Ryosuke, two steamed buns filled with pork on his hands, one for his sulking friend of course.

“Not sure what you mean ..” Ryosuke mumbled, his attention still set on Chinen. However, Yuto was neither dumb or blind, he was very much aware of the feelings Ryosuke had been brewing and bottling up for you, to his concern it wasn’t healthy.

“We’re not going to play this game, Ryosuke. You’ve been moody since we got here and your attitude is making the staff members nervous, it’s obvious something is bothering you and you’re making it more than clear what the cause is. This has been going on for months .. talk to her.” As much a Ryosuke wanted to say otherwise, Yuto was right.

Ryosuke felt like he needed to move fast, and with impulsivity, he decided to waste no time. Without giving Yuto a last glance, Ryosuke took the freshly steam bun off his hand and began walking towards you, the match still going. “Hey, a ‘Thank you’ would’ve been nice y’know!” Yuto hollered from behind, a quick hand wave in exchange only.

The closer he got the more nervous he became. Ryosuke wasn’t entirely sure why though, he only wanted to offer you the steam bun and maybe catch up on things, but perhaps that was the reason behind his anxiety .. the fact that he had distanced himself without a proper explanation, would you even want to talk to him?

Your back was facing him and you were just a touch away, luckily you weren’t playing at the moment but waiting on the ball to be passed by one of the boys instead. “Ryosuke! Did you come to join?” Now that his presence had been acknowledged by none other than Chinen, you quickly turned around to see Ryosuke, not entirely expecting him to be literally a step away from you though.

“Oh .. hey. Came to play?” You asked. Shyness emanating from your voice but not evident enough for him, if anything, he thought you were uncomfortable. Ryosuke was never very good at figuring out people’s emotions, which was yet another reason as to why he wanted to put an end to the distance he so meticulously set in himself.

For a second Ryosuke danced around his words, “Um, no .. actually,” He smiled sheepishly, holding the bun in his hands as you stared at him, the questionable look in your eyes making the simple words seem difficult to utter, “I just wanted to know if you’d like to talk for a bit? I brought you a bun, too, you haven’t eaten so I thought I’d bring you something ..” He certainly felt like he was blabbering and he could feel the dreading heat on his cheeks as he realized how awkward he must’ve looked talking so quickly, for as long as you have known Ryosuke you’ve known him to be very articulate and calm at most, but today he was being odd.

“I thought Yuto gave you that bun ..” Your intentions were far from sounding ungrateful for the little treat, you had indeed not eaten anything but neither did he so you wondered why he’d give you his own food. For split seconds you saw the sheer panic in his eyes, your question was harmless but for some reason his reaction proved otherwise. “I mean; thank you! But .. aren’t you hungry?” That’s what you mostly meant.

Ryosuke relaxed a bit, he really needed to get his act together if he wanted to get some simple sentences out and communicate properly with you. “Actually, I am hungry, but you’ve been playing for a while so I think you might need it more than I do. I’ll probably cook in a few minutes after the break and eat anyways, so you can have it.” A nervous chuckle left his lips and a smile bloom on yours.

“Well, in that case su-“

“Oh, good you brought food! I haven’t eaten anything” Chinen popped up next to you, a beaming smile on his lips and sweat glistening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter