pepe the frog

The Anatomy of Kim Minjoo

If there was one thing Kim Chaewon loved the most about her busy days, it’s the time she spent riding in the van to and from schedules. The sometimes brief and sometimes long drives give her a chance to relax and catch up on some much needed sleep. And if you’re wondering if she could sleep with so many members making noise around, well you could say she’s mastered the art of tuning them out. 

 

As much as she loves car rides she can never seem to fully relax because the girl sitting next to her always loves staring at her.

 

Kim Minjoo

 

IZ*One’s resident pepe, the only girl in the world who could make “looking like a frog” a compliment. The most kind hearted member as well as the most hardworking. The girl who people claimed only debuted because of her god-like visuals, but continuously proves every one wrong by revealing a hidden talent every chance she gets. 

 

Minjoo is indeed talented, and one talent she has is never failing to put a smile on Chaewon’s face. Chaewon would never admit it out loud but she can honestly say that Kim Minjoo is the only person in the world that can melt her icy resolve. 

 

There’s so many things about Minjoo that Chaewon loves and if she were to write you an essay about every single one, she’s afraid to run out of paper. 

 

Minjoo’s eyes

 

Chaewon’s day would not be complete without seeing Minjoo’s iconic “pepe face” certifying that Minjoo is indeed a meme-worthy visual. The way Minjoo’s eyes just comically go wide whenever she wants to express her emotions gives Chaewon feelings she can’t even comprehend. But, the times Chaewon loves Minjoo’s eyes the most, is when she smiles so wide her eyes turn into crescent moons.

 

Minjoo’s smile

 

Minjoo always tells Chaewon how much she loves her smile, but what Minjoo doesn’t know is how much Chaewon loves hers. The only motivation Chaewon has to wake up is the fact that Minjoo is the one who wakes her up in the morning, equipped with her blinding smile that could make Chaewon do anything Minjoo would ask of her.

 

Minjoo’s Indian dimples

 

Minjoo’s eyes and smile would not be complete without her Indian dimples. Chaewon has never a person that could resist Kim Minjoo’s dimples, those dimples alone could save humanity. Those dimples have her whipped, period, end of story. 

 

Minjoo’s mind

 

Minjoo’s mind has got to be the most complex creation ever put onto this world. The sheer beauty of Minjoo’s thoughts about everything around her is proof of how much understanding she has of the way the world works. There are moments when emotions run high during rehearsals and everyone is stressed, but Minjoo will always be there to calm everyone down and give everyone a heart warming speech to remind them why they’re doing what they’re doing. Chaewon especially loves that way Minjoo seems to have complete understanding of her, whenever she’s feeling down Minjoo would always be there with a cup of mintchoco ice cream in hand ready to cheer her up.

 

Minjoo’s heart

 

Minjoo’s heart is full of love, and no one can deny that. Chaewon knows this girl has so much love to give to the world and she swears that Minjoo will receive the love she deserves, because she deserves so much more than what she gives. Minjoo’s heart beating is the sound she loves listening to every time they cuddle, pressing her ears on Minjoo’s chest, hearing a lullaby only she could hear. Minjoo always gives her heart and soul in everything she does, good thing Minjoo has Chaewon’s heart as backup.

 

Kim Minjoo is the perfect girl, the nation’s girlfriend, but at the end of the day Kim Minjoo is Kim Chaewon’s just as much as Kim Chaewon is Kim Minjoo’s.

 

Now if only this frog would stop staring at her every single time they’re in the van! She just wants sleep damnit!

 

“Hey! Kim Minjoo! Why are you staring at me? Do I have something on my face?” 

 

There it is her signature “pepe face” is making an appearance once again.

 

“I love you...”

 

“NANI!?” The members and I couldn’t help but shout

 

“Did I say that out loud?”

 

“Minjoo ga to!”

 

Minjoo ga to indeed, this frog seriously needs to think before she speaks aish

 

“Pst... Kim Minjoo!” 

 

“Yeah?” 

 

“I love you too, you pabo”