THE LOYAL MAN

The Loyal Man

A/N: I still haven't decided on my font format so pls bear with whatever it is that annoys you in this story. And  sorry if I upload late bc I'm really trying hard to think and imagine things between them, the imagination part is not hard but to organize it and putting it in words is another story. But anywys I hope you like the first one! Luv u all. I'M UP FOR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS OKI?? P.S recommend this to your ikonic, bihi stan friends to lift their moods, somehow. 

 

MV MAKING

"Annyeonghaseyo!"

"Annyeonghaseyo!"


Everyone one was greeting me as I entered the warehouse that  transformed into a shooting location. I greeted them back with much energy. I was looking around, when I notice a tiny figure in a red dress coming towards me.

"Aigoo, annyeong Hanbinnie. Long time no see." The tiny figure wearing a bright red dress coming towards me shouted awkwardly.

I can't help but smile like an idiot. I may look like a crazy man, but I'm never this happy, I mean, aside from when I'm with IKONICS, my family and my members--I am exceptionally happy today. Probably because a long time friend whose music I yearn is coming back with a music that gives her happiness, and being a part of that happiness is something that makes me happier. Or happiest.

"Ya, Hayi~ya! I never knew you were up to this kind of get ups. Just last week I saw you wearing a baggy pants but now--" 


"But now what?" Making the whole set laugh


"You look like a flower. Neomu yepeo. Jjinja." I said with so much enthusiasm and sincerity that I myself want to cringe.

But really, Hayi has always looked pretty in not just my eyes, but also my soul--her talent, her personality, her passion in everything she does, above all, her mind and heart is what makes her undyingly beautiful.

"Yah, how could you be so consistent? You said that to Hayi five years ago during her Rose stage in YG family concert. The exact same sentence, 'You look like a flower. Neomu yepeo. Jjinja' Hayi's manager said in a mockingly way.

Did I really say the exact same thing five years ago? Do I deny what her manager said or should I just, ugh!

*kroo*
*kroo*
*kroo*

I haven't shoot anything yet but the vibe that I just created makes me want to go home now. What a good way to start a shoot Hanbin.

"Okay, enough of the cringe. B.I~shi we're gonna shoot you now, all you have to do is just go up there and act like as in you are the little Prince calling out your rose but it's impossible to have your rose back." Thank God the director's going to shoot me, what a smooth exit from the awkward play.
_____________________


"You look like a flower. Neomu yepeo. Jjinja."

Okay should I say thank you or what. I don't know what to say. I can't act like an ahjumma.

"A--"

 

"Yah, how could you be so consistent? You said that to Hayi five years ago during her Rose stage in YG family concert. The exact same sentence, 'You look like a flower. Neomu yepeo. Jjinja" Thanks to the manager, I was about to say something awkward, but he saved me with something more awkward. I just wish I have the invisible cloak with me...

Or be it the ground swallowing me alive. 

"Okay, enough of the cringe. B.I~shi we're gonna shoot you now, all you have to do is just go up there and act like as in you are the little Prince calling out your rose but it's impossible to have your rose back."

Thank God! Okay now I'm good.

"Hanbinnie, goodluck! If you're already done with your shoot, don't go home yet, let's all have our lunch together okay?" I said, trying to sound natural. Natural.....
_________________________________


Hanbin was already done with his shoot, so just like what Hayi instructed the whole production paused for a lunch. The company prepared a bulk of packlunch, as it was also distributed to everyone.

Every one was starting to eat in their own spaces, so as Lee Hi and Hanbin. The two were eating in the tent together with their managers, but the two were quite isolated, sitting on the corner of the tent.

 

"Hayi~ah, I'm so happy for you jinjja." Afraid to see Hayi's reaction to his awkward start up, he initiated the convo while looking up.

"I don't know if youre my dad, or what but every time you say that, it gives me a second thought if my dad is really my dad." Hayi replied laughing.

"Yah, ahjumma! What's so funny about it? Could you just say thank you and be just greatful that you have a caring, reliable, loyal, handso---"

"Gomawo. Gomawo, Hanbin~nie. Jinjja." Hayi said, cutting off what Hanbin has to be cocky about.

"--handsome friend." Hanbin continued in a low tone which made them both laugh in unison making their managers glance at them.

"Hahahahahahahaha! But really Hanbin, I'm so thankful for you. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have the chance to come up with an awesome title track, a sick album... " The mood was switched from comedy to a drama real quick

"I don't know if you're doing this because you're still very UNNECESSARILY grateful for the help I gave you during the Mix N Match days--"

"Let it go, let it, let it go! Let it go." Hanbin sang randomly, cutting of what hayi has to say.

"---Yah, don't ruin the mood! But yeah whatever your reason i in helping me with my album and life, in general, gomawo. Not just for being one of the producers, composers, and someone who featured but also being THAT friend I needed through out the album preparation."

"Am I going to die? Why are you saying nice stuff about me? I'm scared now hayi!" Hanbin said tryna mimic a kids voice which made Hayi laugh.

"Pabo~yah! Do you think you're really going to die when you have tons of work to do a comeback to supervise?!" She annoyingly remarked while trying to punch his chest but failed as he raised his two arms in a defense position.

 

"Oh by the way, did my manager tell you I'll be promoting with you during your first week in music shows?" Hanbin said making Hayi drop the punch she was about give.

"Wait, what? I thought IKON'S busy?"

"Uhm, yes? But I can't let  you promote alone.... Again... Plus it would be a waste if we can't do a collab stage together... You know... After all, it's been five long years since, Let it go, let it, let it go! Let it go~!" As usual hayi couldn't help but let a laugh out

 

"And besides, my members are just as happy as I am with your comeback. They were actually very supportive with the idea of me accompanying you during your first week of promotion. I mean, I guess, as much as I want to be with you till the end of your promotion, my schedule won't just really allow me you know.... To be there with you until the end.... If not..... might just as well be there for you in the start... But I'll be cheering you till the end okay?" Hayi can't help but just stare in blank--cheeks flushed in red, but somehow, unexpectedly her lips turning pale. She's in awe.

This type of interaction is what Lee Hi and Hanbin has been living with for the past six years of friendship--weird but genuine. To be honest, it's actually quite indescribable, when things get too comfortable with them, they tend to be awkward, unintentionally. But they're close, not too close close but close, close enough to be comfortable and be awkward again.

Hanbin snapped his finger to distract Hayi in her own zone making her slightly panic.

"Ahhhh, okay I'm speechless.... I don't know what to say.... Uhm.. Errr.... Thankyou, aw no, I think I already said thank you so many times you might think I'm not sincere about it.... Uhm ahhh..... What do I say.....
Hmmmmmm...
Hmmmmm... Wait okay hanbin this is getting awkward..."

".... "
"........"
"............."

"YOU'RE A LOYAL MAN!" Hayi shouted in panic.