Warmth

What Happened To Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jinyoung looked both ways before crossing the street. Upon entering the coffee shop, he already saw him seated beside the window. Mark knows how much he loved staring outside whenever the two of them are having coffee. He just admires the beautiful streets of Sinsa-dong.

While approaching, Jinyoung saw that there are two cup of coffees on the table. He just hopes they're not already cold.

Sitting down, the older gave him a cup of coffee.

"You're early today." he said. It's the first time... after a very long time. "I am sorry if I made you wait."

Jinyoung took a sip of his coffee. Vanilla latte, his favorite. Mark really knows him. 

"No, it's okay. I was just excited to see you." and right then, Jinyoung smiled.

He looked at the older lovingly before he let his name slip out of his mouth.

"Mark..."
 

The first time they met, he was a freshman and Mark was a junior. They might be different, with Mark being awkward, and him being outgoing...but the two of them fell in love.

And Jinyoung can still remember clearly everything that happened after falling in love.

 

That first date in Han river where they first held hands.

That night in the sleeping streets of Cheongdamdong where they first kissed.

That afternoon, after he graduated with his degree in journalism, and Mark asked if he could move in with him.

It was just a small but cozy apartment. There's a veranda, overlooking the neighborhood, which is his favorite part above all. He always demand that they eat breakfast there.

The bed is not really spacious but Jinyoung loves it since it gives him an excuse to always cuddle with Mark. He knows that the older knows, it's just his way to stay close with Mark since he can be very clingy. But Mark loves it too, that's why Mark always lets him.

But if anyone would ask about what it is about living together which he loves the most... Jinyoung would say, it is when he wakes up each morning, and he's tightly wrapped inside Mark's lean arms, keeping him warm. That became his favorite place. It always beats the veranda.

After almost two years of living together, Mark started his training to become part of the national football team. 

 

And maybe that is when it started.

 

As soon as Mark started missing dinner, Jinyoung knew things are changing.

But he still does love him. So it's okay. Everything is okay as long as Mark goes back home, and kisses him good night before going to sleep.

Everything is okay, still okay... and Jinyoung is more than willing to keep it that way. Until that night when he had talked to Grace.

 

"He got accepted."

Grace's news surprised him. Not because he didn't expect Mark would get in FC Seoul. Mark deserves to get in, of course! But what surprised him, is that Mark didn't tell him about it.

He knew how hard Mark has worked just to be able to reach his ultimate dream. And now, here it is.

"Mark just got accepted in the team. The team which he long prayed for, to be a part of, we all know that. They'll be starting to train at the end of this month. In Incheon. And then three months after, the team will fly to Brazil for their year long training."

Grace sighed. "And Mark turned the offer down."

It was all too hard to digest. First, Mark being accepted in his dream team. And then, Mark turning the chance down? Jinyoung does not dare to ask, cause he thinks he knows what is the possible reason.

"Sometimes I think Mark loves you too much. Considering he can give up his whole dream

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter