One

Paris In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know what’s most romantic place I’d love to go to once I get married?” Sana asked as she snuggle closer to her as they sit lazily on the couch.

 

 

Dahyun turned her head to look at Sana’s face. The incredibly cheesy movie was long forgotten.

 

“Okay, where?” Dahyun asked.

 

“Paris.” Sana beamed excitedly. “I want to go see the Eiffel tower! Go to the city of love with you, Dahyunie.” Sana said as she looked at Dahyun’s eyes.

 

“Okay, we’ll go. I promise.” Dahyun said slightly blushing how close her girlfriend’s face is.

 

“Yey!” Then Sana kissed her cheeks that caused her to be redder than Dahyun already is.

 

“I hope you keep that promise Dahyunie.” Sana booped her nose. 

 

They really tried to watch the film that day but they seem to like the cozy hugs and the small talk to pay attention on the screen. 

 

 

Dahyun, slightly shook her head. Trying to forget that specific moment. The promise she said to Sana that was about a year ago. 

 

It turns out Dahyun didn’t went through with her promise to Sana.

 

Or at least Sana had denied her that chance when she broke up with her.

 

 

She heard the door closed. Signaling that Sana had just arrived at their apartment this late at night.

 

“Sana, why are you always going home this late?” Dahyun asked, but she was failing to conceal the jealousy in her voice right now.

 

“Are you with Momo again—” Dahyun tried to ask but Sana interrupted her.

 

“Dahyun, I’m too tired for this again.” Sana walked pass her, which was a big mistake because Dahyun knew Sana’s perfume was. And she was sure that scent wasn’t Sana’s.

 

 

Dahyun grabbed Sana’s hand so that she could stop her from walking away. They needed to talk. Dahyun was too tired worrying and overthinking about Sana’s friend.

 

“Okay, fine. I was with Momo.” Sana said, looking irritated because of Dahyun’s persistence.

 

 

“Why are you—”

 

 

“Dahyun, this isn’t working anymore. Let’s break up.” Sana said

 

 

That happened 9 months ago, but Dahyun could still remember every detail of that very night. 

 

 

Turns out all her suspicions were true. A week after they broke up she heard news about how Momo and Sana were already dating. 

 

 

She took another sip of some fancy named coffee in this café. Mentally noting that the bitter taste of the drink suits her mood well. 

 

 

Dahyun wasn’t really sure why she was here. Maybe it was because she wants to take a break from all the walking or maybe it was how this café had the best view of the Eiffel tower.

 

 

After trying to finished the bitter drink (which turned out to be overpriced) she tried to walk pass the streets with the intention to walk closer to the Eiffel tower.

 

 

“Wow.” She could really understand how much Sana was always buzzing about this place.

 

 

The tower was truly beautiful, even if she was still relatively far from the iconic building. Dahyun could already appreciate how stunning it already is.

 

 

She took out a folded paper from one of her pockets. The printed text was slightly faded, but it was still readable. It had the typical fancy text every wedding invitations always had.

 

Minatozaki Sana and Hirai Momo would be like to invite you to their special day—

 

Dahyun, stopped reading. She knew better than to continue reading it again.

 

She folded the paper yet again and placed it back to her pocket and started to walk closer to her destination.

 

Unfortunately for Dahyun it started to rain. She silently cussed for not remembering to bring an umbrella from her hotel room earlier. Now she’s stuck on some random store, trying to avoid getting wet from the rain.

 

It felt to hours but at least the rain stopped. Another 10 minutes worth of walking and Dahyun would finally be where she wanted.

 

She quietly walked, trying to avoid the little puddles when she felt her phone vibrate.

 

 

Chaeyoung had sent her a link. Dahyun decided to open the link which she immediately regrets.

 

 

It was a new Instagram post from her ex. Dahyun saw all the four pictures.

 

 

The pictures were apparently during their honeymoon. She and Momo had went to Seoul, Osaka, Hawaii and of course Paris.

 

 

Dahyun, quickly looked at the caption. Hoping that they were not in Paris right now. Because that would be the worst thing she could ever imagine right now.

 

 

Thank God, they’re in Singapore. She was relieved. 

 

 

She quickly typed a reply to Chaeyoung. Thanking her for informing her about the post and started to walk again.

 

 

Finally she stood there where she wanted. 

 

 

Dahyun took out the familiar paper again and started to tear it to pieces while doing it in front of the popular monument. 

 

 

She might have looked ridiculous as the other tourist were looking at her tearing some paper far too intense to be perceived as normal. 

 

 

Her friend, Chaeyoung, gave her this idea before going to the airport. She specifically said to tear her ex’s wedding invitation in front of the gigantic monument. 

 

She said it was for poetic justice and some deep philosophical metaphor stuff Dahyun didn’t want to listen to. Nonetheless, it seemed liked a good idea to do, so she really did. 

 

After tearing the poor paper up to the smallest possible piece, she picked it up patiently one by one even if the ground was still slightly wet. 

 

She reminded herself to smack Chaeyoung when she gets back because picking up wet pieces of paper was gross. 

 

 

After making sure she wasn’t littering anymore she stood up and tried to take a step, but didn’t notice some girl was walking near her. Causing Dahyun to abruptly bump into the taller girl. 

 

It felt like it was an edited video how she slowly watch how the paper bag the girl was holding fell to the ground coincidentally falling to the muddy puddle on the ground.

 

“Oh .” Dahyun cursed. She tried to pick it up quickly but that was another mistake also.

 

She completely forgot that she was already holding some dirty and wet pieces of paper when she started to lift up the silk blouse. Adding more stains than before.

 

How do I say sorry in French again? Dahyun asked herself slightly panicking.

 

 

“B-bonjouru?” Dahyun tried to speak as she face the girl she bumped into.

 

“Bonjouru?” The soft spoken girl asked slightly confused at what the odd girl just said. 

 

Is she trying to say hello? Mina questions herself. 

 

Dahyun was stunned at how mesmerizing the girl, in front of her, is. She was already melting at the soft voice she just heard.

 

“H-hi my name is Dahyun.” Dahyun tried to speak in English instead.

 

 

The other girl seemed amused now. Looking at how awkward Dahyun was speaking right now. She also noticed that Dahyun was probably Korean.

 

“Don’t worry I could speak in Korean.” Mina calmly informed Dahyun. “By the way I’m Mina.”

 

 

Mina watched how relieved Dahyun was as soon as she started to speak in Korean.

 

“I-I’m sorry about your blouse I-I’ll buy you another one right now.” Dahyun said apologetically.

 

 

Mina shook her head. “it’s fine. It was an accident. No need to buy me—”

 

 

“B-but I insist!” Dahyun said. ”Come one, I’ll just feel guilty about it throughout the night if I don’t.”

 

Mina saw the cute pout Dahyun had, she can’t possibly deny the girl that right?

 

 

Dahyun saw Mina have the cutest gummy smile while she gave her a nod. 

 

 

“Okay, where did you buy this then?” Dahyun lifted the ruined clothing with her hands.

 

Fortunately, Mina informed that the store was just near them. 

 

“Do we have to get a cab or something?” Dahyun suggested.

 

 

“Am I boring you already? Do you want to get this done that quick?” Mina playfully joked and it could even be seen as a flirting if Dahyun wasn’t just convinced that Mina was out of her league.

 

“N-no, I m-mean—” Dahyun, the panic gay, just blushed and stuttered.

 

 

“Yeah, I’m just joking.” Mina giggled softly. It was a beautiful sound Dahyun would love to hear more. “Besides, late night walks in the city of love is truly romantic, isn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter