Fin.

I understand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon accidentally bumps into a smaller person amidst the ocean of people bustling in the hallway. It's the first day of high school and many students transferred in her current school. The force causes the girl to land on her harshly while Hyewon fell down head first on the floor.

She hisses in pain as soon as it went to her injured head. Hyewon massages it gently to slowly alleviate the sharp sting. The stranger meanwhile is already standing and dusting the dirt off her clean uniform. Her eyes instantly found Hyewon's as soon as she's done cleaning her clothes. 

A look of shame passes the girl's eyes after they gaze into each other. She quickly offers her hand to help Hyewon up which the latter accepted obidiently.

"H-hey... I'm sorry." She mutters, guilt lacing her already sad tone.

Hyewon looks at her for a moment to examine her. The said girl is a tad bit smaller than her and is sporting a short hair. She looks very beautiful (for Hyewon) and really angelic too. The korean girl finds her ears the most striking feature of her face. A small part of Hyewon wants to pinch it and see how soft is it.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" The girl asks once again.

The voice seemingly brought Hyewon out of her short-lived dream as she blinks out of surprise when she's asked again. She shakes her head slightly that gave the stranger the cue to let out a breath of relief.

"I'm Sakura." The stranger tells Hyewon her name and holds out her hand to her.

Hyewon does the same and they shake hands. She feels quite calm as they hold hands and the break of contact left her wanting for more but it is enough for now.

"I'm Hyewon." She says.

Sakura smiles unconsciously at the sound of Hyewon's name that didn't go unnoticed by the girl's eyes. The slightly taller girl pats her back mentally because of Sakura's smile. 

Before turning heels on the other direction, Sakura looks back to Hyewon and says,

"I'm sorry again!"

The standing girl stood still as she smiles at the sound of Sakura's voice.

~

A loud banging of their classroom door earned the attention of the all the people inside the said room. Miyawaki Sakura's face appeared first in the frame, sporting a sweaty and panicked look in her features. Hyewon looks at her from her seat and the former meets her gaze.

Quickly apologizing, Sakura made her way in her seat beside Hyewon hastily. The younger between them looks at her expectantly and Sakura returns it with one of confusion.

"What?" 

"Uh. My flash drive?"

Hundreds of thoughts instantly crashed down upon Sakura's poor mind. She borrowed it for her project and she forgot to bring it today, the worst part is that Hyewon's presentation is there and she's coming up next. Sakura's confused look became replaced by guilt as she finds the words to tell the younger that she left it at home.

"I left it! I'm sorry sorry!!" Sakura pleads, still looking at Hyewon in the eye.

"Oh?" Hyewon says, not a trace of anger present in her pretty face. "I'll just present next time."

Sakura's eyes almost popped out of their sockets at the moment. She would've thought that the girl will get angry at her or maybe sad but the face she's seeing now told her regardless.

Hyewon stands up from her seat and went to her teacher. Sakura sees parting (reasoning probably) and their teacher nods in understanding.

Recess passes and Sakura sees Hyewon on her way inside. Thoughts still affected Sakura throughout and she wanted to know whether or not Hyewon is actually angry at her because she can't really read the said girl well.

Approaching, Sakura striked up a conversation.

"Hey, I'm sorry for that flash drive Kang-chan." She fiddles with her arm uncomfortably. 

"You..." Sakura stops for a while. "You can tell me if you're angry at me.

Hyewon looked slightly affronted at her words but it disappears as soon as it appeared. Instead of lashing out -like Sakura thought would've happened- The girl pats the older's shoulders gently.

"It's okay." She smiles.

~

Hyewon places a hand in her chest as Sakura arrives inside the room. It had been a few months already since she bumped unto the girl and she lately only realized that she keeps seeking the girl's attention. She'd sometimes do things out of her character to make the girl laugh or smile.

Normally, Hyewon would've instantly dismissed these newly found feelings but it kept growing and becoming stronger that she fell in too deep already. Her friends didn't notice it though, she's too good in hiding.

It is the fourteenth of February when Hyewon devised a painfully cliché way of confessing her love for Sakura. She shakes her piggy bank and figures that the money is enough for a teddy bear and a rose.

She fishes out her phone and types a message to Sakura. Before tapping the enter button, Hyewon had been having an internal debate with her consciousness but she swears the nervousness aside and taps it.

Few minutes felt like hours to her but it felt as if the weight of an invisible boulder was lifted off her shoulder as she reads the reply.

'Okay :))'

Sakura arrived at the mall in the destined time and sees Hyewon waving at her from afar. The younger girl hears her heart beating from the inside, threatening to escape free from her ribs.

Hyewon feels the noise quiet down as Sakura slowly approached her. Her steady heartbeat becoming erratically faster by each second. She swears that she almost died right there on the spot when she sees the older girl smile brightly at her.

"Kang-chan!" 

They walk side by side, taking the view of various stores in the said mall. Three minutes before the movie starts, Sakura's phone rings; startling both of them. The phone's owner looks at the screen and something causes her eyes to widen. Hyewon sees the expression so she places her hands over Sakura's to offer any source of contact.

Before Hyewon knows it, Sakura's already standing up and picking up her bag. It is no doubt that the girl would be leaving already. She looks at the girl's eyes only to find pure happiness and joy in it. She comes with Sakura at the exit.

"My childhood friend Chaeyeon is at the airport. I need to go Kang-chan." Sakura forces out, amidst the happy chokes threatening her.

Hyewon understands because she's Miyawaki Sakura and she'd always be understanding for her; but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter