A tale of a cat and a bug

A tale of a cat and a bug

 

 

Finally, he reached the party location. It was kinda chilly outside and he only wore his Halloween costume. Also, he was covered from head to toe in a black leather outfit with a black leather belt as a tail and to complete the outfit he wore a blond wig where black cat ears were attached. Not to forget the green contact lenses. Yeah, his costume was a cat. But he wasn't a male version of Catwoman, thank you very much. He got asked that already so many times since he entered the building. Why would he go as one of these runs of the mill heroes that you could see in every corner? He had already seen two or three Flash and there was even an Aquaman and not the cool movie version. No, it was the comic version that was riding on a sea horse.

Okay, to tell the truth, he was a superhero too. He has the power of destruction. He was Cat Noir. And yeah it was a character from a children television show, but the series was awesome. He got hooked on it thanks to his little sister. As he visited home in the last summer holidays she was watching it and he just joined her out of his boredom and the series was kinda catching. And since then he was a fan.

 

Slowly he made his way through the crowd his destination was the table with the refreshments. He took a bottle of beer from the table and looked around the room again. Maybe he could make out someone who he knows. And there it was his personal lucky charm at the other end of the room. Slowly he made his way through all the people in costumes, finding Thor and Loki in their too. Finally, he reached the person who was dressed in a red latex suit from neck to toe with black spots on it. A black spotted red mask was covering the eyes and cute black pigtails. There it stood his Ladybug. Hoping that the person in the Ladybug outfit has some humor and would play along.

"I'm the luckiest cat in this world to find you here, my lady." He said as he approached the other one with a cocky smile on his lips.

"W-what?" the person in red stuttered and turned around only to find Cat Noir in front of him. And it seemed like the cat was flirting with him just like how he did it in the series.

"Cat got your tongue? Or are you paw-sitivly surprised to see me here, my lady?"

'Oh my god, is this guy for real? Is he really flirting with me and is he really using these ing cat puns? And wait did he call me, my lady again.' The person in the ladybug costume couldn't believe what the other said. Yeah, they were at a costume party but they don't have to be like the person they are wearing.

"Look kitty cat, maybe you should get your eyes checked or do you see any s on me?" the person in red asked and raked his hands over his flat chest. The blond haired man made a step back and took a good look at the other one from head to toe. “Nope, you are purr-fectly beautiful the way you are, bugaboo.“ Cat Noir answered while that cocky smile was still on his lips. 'Wait for a second, did he really told me that he likes men?' The black haired was shocked by the confession of the black cat. Should he play along with the other? Maybe he could have some fun company with the Cat Noir guy.

“Chaton how many times had I already told you, how terrible your puns are?” The boy in the Ladybug costume asked in a playful angry tone. He didn't know who was behind the cat mask, but he didn't know anyone on the party anyway. He just went there in hope to met this one person. But it seemed like it wasn't his lucky day. He didn't saw his crush on the party anyway.

“My puns are paw-sitivly purr-fect fur flirting! I'm wounded, my lady.” The blond-haired replied and leaned closer to the ladybug.

“Would you please stop calling me my lady or I will throw my yoyo at you!” Ladybug threated the other one. He was okay to play along, but he still didn't like it to be called a girl, even if he is wearing a costume of a female character.

“I'm always purr-fectly nice with you, Bugaboo.” And he had the cheeky smile again on his lips. So his lady will throw the yoyo at him. “So tell me, are you any good with yoyos? Maybe you could play with my yoyos someday?” Cat Noir asked leering.

That guy didn't or did he really? The black haired one tried to look sternly at the cat and his latest try at flirting, but his lips were twitching. He couldn't hold back his laughter anymore. He was covering his mouth while he laughed. It was a stupid habit of him.

“Wow, you have a beautiful laugh.” The guy in the black leather outfit complimented, totally mesmerized by the other one.

“Really? Thank you. No one ever told me that.” The man in the red spandex outfit replied while a slight blush was seen only partly under his mask.

“Would you like something to drink?” Cat Noir asked as he pointed to the table with the refreshments.

“But you don't need to get me something, I will just follow you there.” And before the black cat could make a move the little red bug went already ahead. “Come on, kitty cat.” He called out just before he took a hold of the said cat's hand and lead him through all the other people.

“So what would you like, Chaton? A glass of milk?” Ladybug asked with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

“Thanks, but no. I will have another beer.” He answered and was holding up his almost empty bottle.

“Is it any good?” The other one asked and before the blond-haired black cat could answer the bottle was stolen out of his and his lady was drinking the last drops.

 

He didn't know what came over him to suddenly take away the others drink and to try it. He never took someone else bottle before. He never had the courage to drink from the same bottle as the boy he was crushing on before. Why would he do something like this now? Maybe it was the costume that gave him the power to leave his little shy shell. Or maybe it was the whole situation. That he didn't know who was behind the other mask and could get to know the person before the looks met the eye. He wasn't sure but he liked it.

 

They never stopped talking even when they were dancing later on. It was like they both found their other half the one part to make them whole.

So it was hard for both to part as the party started to end. They never took off their masks they wanted to cherish the little secret of who was who.

“Meet me later for coffee.” The black cat asked at the corner of the street where they both have to part.

“But how will I know that it is you?” The bug wasn't so sure of this idea.

“We will bring out kwami's with us, okay?” And just like this, it was decided that they would meet later in the day. To get to know the real identities. Because both of them had already fallen for the other.

 

 

It was shortly before the arranged time Jaejoong was only a few meters away from the cafe, where they wanted to meet. He checked his bag for the hundreds time while he was on his way to see if he packed the little red kwami plushie. And there it is like all the times before. He couldn't understand why he was so nervous. They had fun last night and danced and talked until the early morning hours. And now here he was standing in front of the cafe looking through the window. Maybe Cat Noir was already there and he didn't have to wait all alone. He still couldn't believe it that they Haven't told each other their real names or had taken off their masks. Jaejoong looked from table to table and there he was his crush. “Oh, now what is he doing here?” He asked himself. How could he go in now and meet someone else, when HE was in there. Why couldn't he have any luck at all? Slowly he walked by the cafe. He didn't have the courage to go in there yet when his crush was still in there. For a whole year now was he watching him day after day, when he was jogging by his apartment at the same time every day. Jaejoong watched him every day from his balcony drinking coffee while his crush was running by. Even on the days when he could sleep in he would get up at seven thirty and get on the balcony to watch him run by.

He was sitting at a table at the cafe where they wanted to meet. He was people watching through the window while he daydreamed about last night and the wonderful person he met. Maybe he could finally get over his ing crush. Yeah, he was crushing on someone and that hard. The only problem is, he never met him eye to eye. He only sees him every day from afar. When he saw him for the first time he couldn't believe his eyes. And only because of him he changed his running route. He would run by his apartment every day at eight o' clock and look up to see him standing on his balcony and drinking coffee. He never had seen him on campus yet. Maybe then he would have asked him out already. As he was watching people he saw him.

'Oh no, please don't come in.' Yunho thought distraught. Why would he have the only chance he had so far to talk to his crush, meeting him eye to eye when he was going to see someone else. Someone he talked with, someone he laughed with. Someone he found totally cute and adorable. Someone real. Yunho was letting out a breath, he didn't know he was holding as he saw his crush was walking by and not in the cafe.

He looked at his watch and saw that it was already past the time they agreed off. Was ladybug standing him up? But he didn't seem to be that kind of person. As he looked at the door again as he heard it open. He couldn't believe his eyes there he stood his crush and he was looking around the room like he was searching for someone. It couldn't be. But he was walking by before. Was he too nervous to enter?

Still stuck in his thoughts Yunho didn't notice as someone was standing at his table, clutching the bag he was holding nervously.

 

He was still going from one end of the cafe to the other one debating if he should enter or better leave. But if he would leave now he would disappoint the nice guy from last night and only because his crush who he never talked with sat inside. No, he would get a grip now and get into the cafe now and see if Cat Noir is there or more likely the guy from last night with a black cat plushie. He took a deep breath and entered the coffee shop. Looking around the shop his eyes searched out his crush automatical and there it was the black kwami plushie. Slowly he made his way over to the table. As he was finally standing at the table he was clutching at his bag nervously. Jaejoong took a deep breath again and finally sat down.

“Hi.” He greeted the other shyly.

“Hi,” Yunho greeted back, he rubbed his nape nervously because he was going to do something he didn't want to do but had to. Because he was going to meet someone else here. “Sorry but this chair is already taken. You see I’m waiting here for someone.”

“I know,” Jaejoong answered while he took out the small plushie from his bag.

“Well, then hello my lady.” Yunho greeted the other one again this time more charmingly. “I still don’t like it to be called my lady. Maybe you could call me Jaejoong.”

“The name suits you. A beautiful name for a beautiful man. My name is Yunho.” His crush replied.

 

 

end.