"Until" (final)

Until
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mark first met him that night, when he was very much drunk and wasted.

 

His heart starts to pound as he heard the ringing from the other line. He doesn't know why exactly did he come up with the idea of calling Woobin. But here he is, waiting for his ex-boyfriend to answer. Mark already deleted his number. But who is he kidding, he knows Woobin's number by heart. The ringing stopped and before he could even answer, Mark started to talk.

"You good for nothing jerk!" He spatted out. "I've always known that you've been cheating on me but I kept my mouth shut. And now, you'll just break up with me? Why? What did I do to deserve all this? I loved you truly, maybe I shouldn't have but I did! How could you do this? How could you???" Mark blurted out and ended up crying. One of the waiters is looking at him like he's crazy but he just ignored the guy.

"Uuhh..." he heard from the other line and there came a long pause. "I am really sorry for you but..." His eyes widened. "I think you got the wrong guy."  

What the ! Who is this?

Mark checked the caller id and cursed as he realized his stupidity.

"You've dialled the wrong number."

Well thanks for reminding me as if I didn't already figure that out. When will the ground finally swallow me? This is the most perfect timing. Mark's mind goes.

"Uhm... About that... W-well..." Mark cursed again. "I'm sorry for everything that you have heard. Please think that this didn't happen. Thanks." He spoke almost too rapidly which maybe made the guy laugh.

"No worries. It's totally fine." Mark tried to calm down convincing himself that he shouldn't feel embarrassed since the guy said it was fine.

"But if you ever need someone to talk to, you can always dial this number again." Mark didn't answer but he noted that down. "And one last thing..." Mark waited for him to finish. "Your ex really is a jerk."


And that's the first time he made him smile.

 

That first time were followed by many other times. Like Jinyoung (Mark finally got his name after the second time they talked over the phone) said, Mark did dial his number again when Woobin tried to reach out to him again.

"Well it is still up to you but, if you I do have a say on this, I'll say to hell with him. You are better off without him." And he can almost see the younger's pout. "And I would like to demand that you listen to me."

 

So Mark did. Since then, he cut ties with Woobin. Not because Jinyount told him to. But because Mark believes he was saying the right thing.


That's when he became a part of his life.

 

Their conversation varies from text messaging, to phone calls. Sometimes they talk over chat, and if Mark's lucky, he gets to talk to Jinyoung through video call.

The first time he saw Jinyoung's face, Mark thought he's a lot younger than he expected. Jinyoung is two years younger. Mark is turning twenty five next month and Jinyoung will turn twenty three the same month too. He finds the younger too cute when Jinyoung does that little pout with his eyes closed, Mark might've even saved a screenshot of him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter