final.

don't know what to do.

"can someone stop time for a bit? i feel like a big mistake just happened."

'we're over' was the only thing chaeyoung could process throughout her whole conversation with the man she was currently sitting with as she stared at him with widened eyes. getting dumped on valentine's day has definitely never been on her bucket list before.

"did i do something bad to upset you, guk? if anything, it was not intentional. you know how much i lo-" the blonde haired girl tried to explain as jeongguk cuts her off within a second.

the said boy stares at her for a moment before talking. "no, no. i just don't think i want this any longer. some people become distant after a while and we can't do anything to solve that, we've became distant. it's just not the same but it's okay." chaeyoung was definitely lost for words. a day ago, their relationship was the same as it always has been. her eyes drifted from his face to the cup of water that was in front of him before grabbing it.

" you, jeongguk, and happy three ing years!" she yells out before throwing the water at his face and rushing out of the restaurant.

 

"i tried to laugh awkwardly but now i'm sorry i treated myself like that."

"it had to be said, chaeyoung, but everyone, especially us, definitely knew there was an end to that relationship sooner or later." jihyo shrugged to her recent comment as chaeyoung scoffed and shook her head to that sentence.

"exactly, don't you remember those times he would flirt with eunbi infront of you but you wouldn't do anything about it? you'd always say he was just super friendly! he even flirted with that one underclassman, yerim or whatever her name was." miyeon exclaimed before throwing popcorn to .

"he's definitely just friendly, duh." the girl mutters under her breath before frowning upon those moments at the parties the ninety-seven line would throw here and there for every holiday or occasion. 

"what are we talking about?" haseul comes with a pizza box before setting it down infront of the other girls on the table.

"we are currently talking about the end of rosekook and the fact that chaeyoung is basically blind when jeongguk kept flirting with every other girl. they weren't kidding when they say love is blind." gyuri dramatically clutches her chest after her last sentence, wiping a fake tear off of her face which has everyone rolling her eyes at her and chaeyoung throwing a pillow at her.

"despite that dramatic scene, gyuri is definitely right about you being blind, chae. even the guys could see him trying to flirt with other girls. i had yugyeom and seokmin bombing my kakao with questions if you two broke up." haseul mentions, looking at chaeyoung who tries to laugh awkwardly before thinking of a certain memory.

she grabs jeongguk out of the hallway and into younghoon's room. "what the , jeongguk? why would you flirt with some girl right infront of everyone? are you trying to embarrass me infront of everyone?"

"of course not, baby. i didn't flirt with anyone other than you. keep this a little secret, but mina has a thing for donghyuk and she just wanted some flirting tips since she feels too shy to ask anyone else and we're lab partners in chemistry." jeongguk wraps his arms around chaeyoung's body, trying to sooth her. chaeyoung definitely fell for it as she always did. 

she looks at the girls, furrowing her eyebrows as she stops her silence.

"is donghyuk with mina?" 

"are you crazy? he's definitely with that jiyeon girl, the one who's friends with yeonwoo. he's been with her since last year." jihyo informs her as chaeyoung gulps down slowly, going back to feeling like a fool and falling for jeongguk's excuses. 

 

"i picture your memories, they're blue."

looking through her pictures, she laughs at the poses her and jeongguk used to do in public while tears run through her face. memories of him taking her on surprise dates and how random the dates would be ran through her mind as she'd gape at the pictures. 

"surprise! we're going to make matching mugs." he opens the car door to let her out of the car, parking by a pottery shop.

"out of all things, mugs? you definitely surprise me, jeon jeongguk. let's make a deal, worst mug has to pay for dinner!" she gets out of the car, grabbing his hand instantly to drag him inside of the store. 

"you're definitely on, park chaeyoung." he challenges her before kissing the top of her head. 

"i will literally choke you if you don't delete those goddamn pictures sooner rather than later, park chaeyoung." chan groans behind her, glancing at the picture before sitting next to her on the couch.

"you know what? take all the time you need but people come and people go, maybe you guys weren't just meant to be. you need to think about that." he gives her an apologetic look before turning on the tv, leaving her dumbfounded at his words.

 

"why am i like this on a pretty day like this?"

spring was always chaeyoung's favorite season. no more cold weather, beautiful flowers blooming, summer coming back. it was almost perfect with the exception of jeongguk by her side. how do people get over relationships that have lasted for a while? do i have to go back to his apartment and rip his clothes off like in those angsty teen flicks? should i change my whole appearance to get him to regret breaking up with me?

breaking her from her thoughts, her phone vibrated on her lap before she opened it. 'some of us are getting some food, you up to come?' eunwoo texted her before sending a follow-up text. 'he who shall not be named won't come, i promise.' 

'not up to it today, rented some sad movies and bought some ice cream.' she texted back, throwing her phone back on the couch before resuming the saddest movie ever known to park chaeyoung, the notebook. 

"nicholas sparks probably had dramatic previous lives. maybe that's why he could write books over sad romantic relationships and make money out of it, all due to previous experience." jeongguk blurted out in the middle of their movie marathon. this time, the best of me was on the tv screen.

"that's a very interesting conspiracy theory you have there, i wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened. although, it'd be really upsetting if the ending of the notebook happened to him in one of his previous lives." she pouts, looking away from the tv screen and up at him. he kisses her pouty lips before going back to watching the movie. 

'you can't continue being sad over him, you're wasting your youth away! plus the notebook isn't romantic at all, allie didn't really love him. she left him in the beginning for another man :(' appeared on her phone screen. 

knowing he was exactly correct for saying that and the small allie comment, she groaned and got frustrated to the point she couldn't even continue watching the movie.

 

"wondering if the phone might ring, i hate myself for anticipating uselessly." 

three months after the break up, chaeyoung no longer knew if he was ever going to come back. he has to at some point, right? how do you last three months without someone you've been with for three years? it was all definitely common sense for chaeyoung. her eyes would be glued to her phone at random times, hoping he would call her back and they would talk and everything would go back to them being together again but that wasn't reality.

her phone lighted up as she ran towards it, wishing for his name to appear up on the screen.

a frown appears on her face as she answers it. "yes, sicheng? is there a reason why you're randomly calling me at one in the morning?"

"good morning to you too, chae, it's always lovely to hear your excitement over the phone!" sicheng beams with sarcasm in his voice as chaeyoung mumbles back a 'sorry.'

"so, i kind of did something, well miyeon wanted me to." he stop in mid sentence as curiosity grows over chaeyoung, waiting for him to say the rest. "i have this really nice, good friend of mine and he's kind of new, not really, on the market and you're on the market so you have a date later on at 4pm! can't wait for the wedding, hope it'll be the best." he talks rapidly, letting out an awkward laugh as chaeyoung mentally slaps herself on her forehead.

"first of all, you and miyeon. second of all, tell me who and where. what else do i have to lose?" she sighed.

"the usual burger place and i can't tell you his name. he wanted it to be a secret!" he quickly told her before hanging up. thoughts ran through her mind. maybe she really needed something new, or perhaps someone.

 

"i don't know what to do without you."

"chaeyoung?" someone behind her asked, her knowing very well whose voice that belong to before turning around to look at him. the guy who broke her heart in small shatters months ago, jeongguk.

"hi jeongguk." she gives him a small smile. "i'm so sorry for breaking up with you, chae. i was a fool, i should've called you after we broke up. i don't know what to do without you, i really need you." 

another guy clears his throat behind them, lingering his arm around chaeyoung. "hey, is everything alright?" she looked at the guy and nodded.

"i gotta go, jeongguk. yoonoh and i have a movie to catch. it was nice to see you, take care." she smiles at jeongguk one last time before walking away with yoonoh by her side.

jeongguk watches her leave like how he did on their third anniverary.