Angel

My Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her eyes strolled to the boring room, imagining the walk into an expensive New York coffee shop. There are flowers, beautiful paintings, leather chairs, and soft music. On the wall is a plasma screen. The boredom keeping her company, while the creamy wall becoming her color. Sleep is her companion. Slowly, her eyelids welcoming the companion. Her eyelids getting too heavy and a standing figure greeting her drowsy eyes.

 

 

 

 

“I’m here to accompany you through your last month here,” She smiled to the frightened Eunbi.

 

 

That was the first time Eunbi met Hyewon.

 

 

 

Not a human.

 

 

 

She was in fact, a spirit. An angel sent to take care of Eunbi while the close one abandons Eunbi there alone.

 

Apparently, she had died in the cancer situation Eunbi were currently having so she understands Eunbi’s situation. Call it coincidence but it was fate that brought them both together.

 

At first, Eunbi thought it was some kind of a joke since she announced her death date. However, seeing her angelic wings sprouted from her , Eunbi become scared.

 

Eunbi doesn’t want to die at a young age of 17.

 

 

“But its all written down butterfly…” she explained.

 

Eunbi gave the angelic figure in nothing but a bored look before tears and sobs filled the abandoned quiet room.

 

“Shush…” A warmth suddenly engulfing you. She hugged to comfort you.

 

 

Her body was a wonder; well proportions with the blooming innocence on her face.

Her touch was like magic; you can feel nothing but serenity.

Her wings were an attraction; seemed like the rabbit fur from afar but details were easily seen once near.

 

 

Hugging her was like wrapping yourself in a blanket, soft and comfortable. That’s what Eunbi felt. From the moment onwards, Eunbi began to appreciate her presence. Eunbi were no longer scared of death.

 

 

 

Eunbi parents rarely visit her as they were busy with their works to even care about her. Her siblings never once went over to see her. She was happy that Eunbi was no longer crossing her path at home. Eunbi parents loved their healthy sister more than her. Eunbi don’t mind though. Besides, Eunbi had spent more than a year in the hospital and grown accustomed to it.

 

 

 

 

Hyewon was always by her side.

 

 

 

Only Eunbi can see her so she felt lucky that her ward was private so people won’t think she’s insane. Hyewon would always sit on the chair next to Eunbi’s bed as she lay down weakly.

 

Butterfly was Hyewon’s nickname to Eunbi.

 

Hyewon never called Eunbi by her real name before.

“You are a butterfly… so beautiful yet fragile,” Hyewon squeezed Eunbi’s hand lightly.

Immediately, Eunbi blushed. As time goes by, Eunbi realized that she had fallen for her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I wished you were alive, Hyewon,” Eunbi blurted accidentally one day.

Hyewon just kept quiet and gave Eunbi a sweet smile. 

 

 

 

Every day, Eunbi would keep track of her diary entries. Eunbi wanted to leave it as a memory of her life. Hyewon would frequently change to her human form and together, they took pictures.

 

Unknown to Eunbi, Hyewon had feelings for her too. However, she wasn’t supposed to. Her feelings could no longer be kept when Eunbi confessed to her in the third week.

 

 

 

 

“Let’s be lovey-dovey while I’m still alive. It will be different when I die,” Eunbi embraced Hyewon.

 

Hyewon nodded and lifted Eunbi’s chin up. Slowly, she leaned forward and kiss her. They felt so much in that short, innocent kiss. Eunbi was never happier that day.

Eunbi thought that she could just die straight away peacefully.

Hyewon was like everyone’s dream for a lover. She was sweet and romantic, never leaving Eunbi’s side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

That was until Eunbi ‘last’ day on earth.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter