How To Prepare Yourself For A Goodbye

How To Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late afternoon darkness began to descend and after a magical few hours, feeling as if it was just the two of them alone in the world, Sehun came back to earth with a thud. It was time to return to Seoul.

There was a comfortable silence inside the car with an occasional attempt at chat but Sehun couldn’t help but feel his stomach twisting with knots time to time. The closer they got to Seoul, the nearer Chanyeol’s birthday drew, and soon it would be time for them to say goodbye.

An intense two weeks came to an end before they knew it. It was the most intense two weeks of Sehun’s otherwise monotonous life - finished, just like that. There were chances they could possibly be able to see each other again, but it would never be the same, it would never be as intimate. 

“Where are we going?’ Sehun asked, sitting up.

“I booked a room in the Liberty Hotel”

Chanyeol explained. “It’s nearer the City Hall. I thought it would be easier”

Sehun felt his chest tighten and a light panic setting in. They were separating, parting ways. Perhaps it was him who had the separation anxiety and not Chanyeol. Sehun thought to himself.

“But our time’s not up yet. We have one day left. if you think you’re getting rid of me before this is done, you’re wrong. I’m sleeping on your couch”

Chanyeol smiled. “I’m fine.” He did look fine.

 

 ...

 

It was late by the time they reached the hotel and neither of them wanted to do anything other than order room service and watch TV on the enormous plasma, sitting on the enormous couch. Sehun had realised that he was more comfortable with Chanyeol just sitting in and doing nothing than he had ever been with Dohyeon.

They were easy together. The icing on the cake was that he very very much wanted to sleep with Chanyeol. Which he had little desire to do so with Dohyeon.

Unlike his ex-husband, being with Chanyeol made him feel alive. Chanyeol intoxicated him with dizzying effects. Despite the huge couch, they sat close to each other in the middle. Sehun felt like teenager with a crush. When their elbows brushed, he felt on fire and Sehun could hardly concentrate on the movie.

Sehun was afraid to move his eyes away from the TV, afraid to look at Chanyeol in case it was obvious, in case he realised the person whom Chanyeol trusted to help him out of the depths of his despair was secretly dreaming about pulling down his trousers and taking him right there on the couch.

Sehun peeked at the other from the corner of his eyes, Chanyeol was absorbed in the T.V, his plump lips slightly parted. Sehun swallowed hard and took another sip of his drink.

As if sensing Sehun looking at him Chanyeol suddenly climbed off the couch “I’m going to have a shower” announcing he left the room. The couch seemed even bigger now that there was only Sehun and he felt like an idiot.

Sighing Sehun held his head in his hands, reminding himself that Chanyeol has a girlfriend. A girlfriend that he had vowed to help fall back in love with Chanyeol before his birthday which was tomorrow. The last thing Sehun should be thinking about is having with him.

Putting down his wine glass, Sehun straightened himself, his cheeks blazing with embarrassment from his own thoughts.

He padded across the luxurious carpet over to his room. Changing for bed, he scrolled through his phone, there were a few missed calls from his assistant. Who he hadn’t contacted in awhile. She probably needed some help with a client case or something Sehun bit his lip wondering if he should call her back.

Deciding to deal with her latter he tossed the phone on the bedside table and looked up to find Chanyeol standing at the door. He was dripping wet, the towel wrapped low around his waist. Water dripped from his nose and chin as though he’d literally rushed from the shower without bothering to dry himself. Chanyeol absent mindedly pushed back his blonde locks, smoothed it down with his hands. Sehun was staring unashamedly, he couldn’t tear his gaze off him.

Sehun didn’t know what to say so he stood there frozen wearing nothing but his sleep shirt which barely came upto his thigh looking at Chanyeol and being looked at.

Then suddenly, very suddenly, for the first time in two weeks Chanyeol stepped over the invisible barrier and he was in Sehun’s room and he was standing close, Sehun’s face was in his hands and Chanyeol was looking down at him and the shower water from his hair kept dripping on to Sehun’s skin. The next moment Chanyeol’s li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter