flowers - (yeri/seulgi)

oneshots & drabbles

she was doing her homework like juhyun unnie told her to do when she heard the sounds of heartbreak. she heard the heavy sobbing, them harshly rubbing their face against a towel and the tap water in the bathroom running to wash up. she could feel the waves of sadness and suffering coming from the room next to her and her heart ached too because of it. she gently tiptoed out of her room and moved the door slightly so she could see through the crack. it was seulgi unnie's room she realized that she was looking through. seulgi was lying on her bed with her face staring at the ceiling. her eyes were heavily bloodshot and her nose kept dripping like a leaky faucet. she could hear how sharply seulgi would breath and the way her fingers kept twitching. in her entire time of knowing seulgi, she had never seen her act like this. she always kept to herself not wanting to bother others. maybe once in a blue moon she would open up to juhyun unnie, but she never would tell her things. seulgi unnie would just look at her while patting her head and say, "yerimie-ah i can't trouble you with such things. i want to be a good unnie towards you and take care of you. please don't worry about me okay?" all she could do was nod at seulgi unnie, while worrying about her the whole time.

she really wanted to make her feel better so she thought about what could she do. she stared at seulgi for a really long time before slowly getting up and heading towards outside. she thought to herself how she knew seulgi really liked flowers. she never told her in detail how much she liked them, but she knew because her sketchbook was flooded with sketches of all the flowers she had seen. every single flower was eventually colored and written down with the memory seulgi had associated with that flower. she went in search for a flower that seulgi maybe had not seen yet. she remembers how seulgi always tells her that no matter what, she should stop and smell the flowers. it didn't matter if she was sick or not, she still had to stop for that moment and smell them. she made sure she had her camera with her, because seulgi was awfully sensitive about removing the flowers from the garden. of course unnie believed in that crap that "flowers go to heaven", but who was she to disrespect her thoughts. scanning the garden slowly, she decided to settle upon a very bright and vivid pink flower. the flower was just beginning to blossom and she could see patches of dark pink beginning to appear on the petals as well. she crouched down and then took a crystal clear picture of them. she really wished she could just yank the flowers out and hand them to seulgi but she couldn't. unnie would quite possibly have a on top of already being sad.

dashing towards the door, she swung it wide open and then crept towards seulgi's room. she knocked on it twice before calling out, "seulgi unnie...? i have something to show you!! can i come in?" she heard a muffled yes so she swung her door open gently and stepped inside. why wasn't she surprised to see popcorn bags everywhere on the floor and banana milk cartons lying on her desk. she gently hopped on to the side of her bed and then leaned in closely. she had her camera in one hand and she flicked it to the right picture before showing it to seulgi. "um...unnie here's a picture of a flower! you sounded kinda sad earlier so i took a picture of a newer flower." she waited with bated breath for seulgi unnie's response and was surprised to feel her simply hugging her. she didn't expect that her shirt would be soaked with seulgi unnie's snot and tears but it was. she just sat there running her hands through her hair while seulgi unnie cried her heart out for what seemed to be hours. finally after she was done, she pulled yeri close to her and fell asleep. that was the scene juhyun had come home to and she softly moved yeri and seulgi to the side. she embraced both of them in her arms while pulling up the covers.