All but One

All but One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All but One

 

The commons were bustling with crowds of people as everyone started to adjust back to school from the holidays. Sehun huffed, his quick breaths floated into the air like wispy strands of smoke. His cheeks stained pink as he shoved the vice president of the chess club, snorting as his beloved chess board clattered and bounced on the jagged concrete.

 

Sehun paid no mind to the stares that were all pouring into his every step. Jealousy and want filled those eyes. Sehun paid no mind, instead focusing on walking past the crowded hallways, making his way promptly to the student council’s designated classroom.

 

As he pushed open the grand oak french doors, his gaze was immediately directed towards his hated vice-president, Dongchul. Paying no mind to the smaller figure next to the brown haired male, Sehun plopped himself down on his desk, waving his hands for Dongchul to get him a coffee.

 

Dongchul sneered, slapping a ceramic teacup on the smooth mahogany wood, sploshing the liquid over a beige manila folder. Sehun rolled his eyes, and took the folder, throwing it to the side haphazardly.

 

“How’s the school festival coming along?”

 

“Why don’t you have a look for yourself, Sehun. Why don’t you show up for one of the meetings for once?”

 

Sehun quirked his lips up, “Why does a Prince need to go to a meeting when his advisors can easily report back in half the amount of time?”

 

Dongchul shook his head, “It’s going along well. Now, if you excuse me, I have to help the new transfer student get situated.”

 

Sehun’s eyes shot up from gazing at his coffee grounds, “New student you say. Where?”

 

Dongchul gripped his fist, squishing the small peppermint candy he had in his left hand into crumbs. “Lu Han. He was right here, until you came in and he ran for his life.”

 

Sehun shrugged and went back to looking at the coffee grounds. “Whatever you want to do Dongchul. Just make sure you have the papers done by next Monday. I’ll let you play your games with the new students.”

 

Dongchul huffed and wiped his hands against each other, allowing for the candy bits to slip off and shake onto the carpet. “Yes, my Prince.”

 

Sehun beamed, “That’s more like it. Get going.”

 

Dongchul nodded, but when his back was turned, he immediately rolled his eyes. Being with the spoiled Oh Sehun was definitely more of a chore than a benefit (like Sehun said it was).


 

 

 

 

The morning bell disrupted Sehun’s sleep.

 

The only reason why he had gotten up early was because his little brother, Baekhyun, was being too much of a nuisance, refusing to let Sehun sleep.

 

Thus, Sehun had no other place to go other than the student council room where Dongchul was shooed away for being such a stickler for the rules.

 

Yawning, Sehun stretched and stood up, allowing for his hands to grip his cold briefcase and letting his freezing feet slide again once more into the comfort of his suede shoes.

 

As the Prince walked through the hallways, whispers jumped across the walls, bouncing off like bats.

 

Sehun pondered. New Student.. New Student… he muttered while shoving his large hands into the pocket of his jeans. Dongchul was too much of a serious man to lie to his President, but it was undeniable that transfers were few and far between for the university.

 

Finally reaching his homeroom, Sehun gave himself a break from thinking, kicking the door open with the tips of his toes.

 

“What a lovely selection” muttered Sehun under his breath. “A bunch of annoying cheerleaders to annoy me again.”

 

He steadily walked to the front desk, his designated spot because Oh Sehun, no matter how annoyed he was with the incompetent teachers, never allowed himself to fail. Thus, the front desks were always ideal. Minus the time that Yeina had sat next to time. That time, Sehun ended up ordering the poor frightened teacher to move Yeina away on the third day or risk getting fired.

 

“Excuse me.” whispered a small voice.

 

“Seat’s taken.” snarked Sehun, clicking his pen twice. He could sense the body of the small voice tense.

 

“But.. but all the other seats are taken.”

 

Gazing around, Sehun saw that what the boy had said was, indeed, true. Sighing, Sehun moved his backpack off the desk that sat next to him.

 

The boy gleamed and immediately placed his stuff down, pulling out his supplies along with a tin can of peppermint candies.

 

Sehun twisted his lips, finally deciding to ignore his conscience of ignoring the boy.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened. The owner of the small voice was extremely handsome. Handsome in a sense that replicated Snow White.

 

Sensing Sehun looking at him, the small boy saw the chance and glimmer of hope to make a friend.

 

“Hi! My name is Lu-”

 

Sehun glared, “Can’t you leave me alone? I’ve already offered you a seat.”

 

The boy pouted and looked away from the commanding figure, sighing he crossed his ankles and started to doodle on his notebook paper.

 

Class soon began and Luhan, to no success, kept on pleading for Sehun to speak.

 

“I was wondering if you could help me navigate the school.” Luhan giggled, “It’s quite big after all. Oh! Maybe we can grab lunch too! I saw a few appealing options this morning.”

 

“What page are we on?”

 

“Do you have any recommendations on what to do? I’m still not very familiar-”

 

Sehun growled and placed his elbow between him and Luhan. “Stop.”

 

Luhan whimpered in fear. He had wanted a new start from his old school in China where everyone treated him like a piece of glass, but he had never expected for such a brutal treatment.

 

“I’m sorry . . ?”

 

“Sehun.”

 

“I’m sorry Sehun. . .”

 

“Whatever.”


 

 

 

 

“Luhan! Your hair is so fluffy!”

 

The students of Seoul University all crowded around the small boy, pampering him with sweets and kind words.

 

Luhan could only giggle at the treatment, however he was unsettled. He was used to such treatment from his old school. Had the faculty told everyone over his problems? That was impossible. He forced his parents to allow him to move to Korea for the sole reason to remain secretive.

 

“Thank you!”


 

 

 

 

“Ugh” groaned the school Prince. “Look at them. Pathetic, what do they even want from that boy? He’s just another flower boy. It’s not like we don’t have enough of them already.”

 

Chanyeol shrugged and continued to eat his pasta.

 

“Why is he getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter