003

Fly High

a/n: hmm i just want to clarify some things that i think is making yall confused

- their hair colours are all in love bomb era cuz i feel like it made sense??

- hayoung jisun and gyuri are normal scientists while the rest have powers and jiwon is the only "normal" one as in; out of everyone she has a regular job lmao

- nagyung and saerom's powers seem similar but i swear they're different! i based nagyung's power on violet from the incredibles lol 

 

-

 

Just as she was about to turn the corner, Hayoung was picked up from the ground and thrown towards the wall – making the concrete underneath crack. The impact left her body pain, she swore she saw her life flash before her eyes. She limps as she tried to get back on her feet.

 

“Chaeyoung, calm down!” a girl with half pink and half blue hair, and another girl wearing a school uniform hold Chaeyoung back.

 

Another girl – much shorter than her – stands in front of Hayoung, and an older woman – who Hayoung recognizes as one of Chaeyoung’s guardians, places herself in the middle.

 

“Calm down?! Saerom unnie, how are you so calm about this? Jiwon unnie hasn’t woken up in two days because of her drug, and you expect me to stay calm?!?” Chaeyoung yells back.

 

The mention of Jiwon’s voice makes Hayoung’s heart sink, the guilt eating her up once again. Hopefully, what she was about to say will put everyone at ease.

 

“She’s awake,”

 

Hayoung’s voice halts the argument between Saerom and Chaeyoung. The orange haired girl releases herself from her friends’ grip and walks towards her, the girl that was in front of Hayoung moves aside too.

 

Chaeyoung once again picks her up by her collar.

 

“This better not be a joke –“her voice was low and serious, and not the usual loud and cheerful voice you would usually hear.

 

“Jiwon-ssi’s finger twitched. Three times.”

 

A collection of gasps can be heard from the group. Saerom sighs in relief and gathers all the girls into a group hug as they shed a few tears.

 

“They moved her into another room. If you let go of me, I can show you where she is.”

 

-

 

 

“What?!”

“She accidentally gave her the real capsule instead of the prototype…”

“Jesus ing…”

 

Jiwon opens her eyes after hours of passing out. She looks around, noticing the white walls and smell of disinfectant. Her body still felt weak; she can barely move her head to the side to see who the two unfamiliar voices belonged to.

 

“I don’t know how this girl’s body managed to survive. Her CT scans show that her internal organs aren’t damaged and is functioning fine,”

“It’s a miracle that she survived…”
 

 

After much effort, Jiwon finally turns her head to see who was talking. But, to her surprise she was the only person in the room.

 

“E-excuse me?” She calls out, her voice hoarse.

 

“It looks like she only suffered a minor head injury, probably from the impact of the fall.”

 

Jiwon reaches up when the voice in her head said that, feeling the rough texture of the compression bandage wrapped around her head.

 

She suddenly gets a flashback of what happened. The Dextroamphetamine and pain all coming back to her, making it feel like her head was being crushed. To make it worse, the voices continue to talk, it sounded like it was coming from her head. But, Jiwon knows it’s not – these were two distinct voices that didn’t sound like hers. She felt like she was going mad.

 

Jiwon lets out a deafening scream when she felt an unbearable pain in her head. The cabinets in the room started to shake, the glass of water beside her fell and broke into pieces on the floor, and the lights in the room started to flicker.

 

She clasps her hands over , noticing the change in her voice. The voices in her head stopped, and everything was quiet.

 

And a mess.

 

The door to her room bursts open and two women in white lab coats came in. One was tall with medium length brown hair, while the other was shorter and had brown hair donning a pair of wire-rimmed glasses.

 

Five other bodies enter the room; Saerom, Seoyeon, Chaeyoung, Nagyung, Jiheon. They all looked at her with a mix of relief and worry on their faces.

 

Jiwon was so confused. Why was she here, why could she hear Jiheon breathing from where she was, why was her voice like this, why could she hear other people’s voices in her head, what exactly did the Dextroamphetamine do to her body.

 

But she was too afraid to open .

 

Just then, her ears picked up a sound. Someone was running towards them.

 

“Is she awake?” said a familiar voice.

 

Another person with a white lab coat entered the room. Brown hair, bangs that stopped right above her brows, and doe-like eyes.

 

Hayoung.

 

She felt somewhat safer with her presence in the room.

 

One of the scientists in the group cleared . The taller one of the two, her narrow eyes stared intently at Hayoung and then softened towards Jiwon.

 

“My name is Jang Gyuri, I am one of the scientists of SKY Academy. To avoid any further damages and injuries. Let me and my partner, Jisun, finish first. And if you have any questions just type it on your phone.”

 

The shorter girl beside Gyuri – Jisun – places her phone beside her on the bed.

 

Gyuri’s voice was exactly like the voice in her head, and the other voice was most likely Jisun.

 

“Park Jiwon, when Chaeyoung brought you here into the laboratory, we’ve noticed remains of Dextroamphetamine on your face – specifically around your nose area. After close examination, we’ve found traces of it in your nasal passage, as well as in your respiratory system. It didn’t take long for the Dextroamphetamine to enter your blood cells and your brain – which explained the sharp pair you’ve experienced when you inhaled the powder.” Gyuri explains as she scrolled through the medical notes on her tablet.

 

“W-what does that mean, professor?” Saerom asked, concern etched in her voice.

 

Gyuri and Jisun looked at each other, before Jisun decided to break the news.

 

“Park Jiwon now has the power of ‘Acoustikinesis’. She now has the ability to intensify and manipulate sound and sound waves.”

 

The room fell silent. You could see the shock written on everyone’s face. In most cases, everyone was born with their powers – like Saerom, Chaeyoung, and Jiheon. Or, like Seoyeon and Nagyung, who got their powers after an accident. Never have they heard of anyone who got their powers by consuming a drug.

 

“The Dextroamphetamine is only meant for people with powers. We have no records of it being tested on humans, because it is dangerous, illegal, and unethical…I’m surprised your body has survived the effects because the dosage of the chemicals is too high to be consumed by a regular human being.” Jisun continues.

 

“I thought your family had a history of having powers and it somehow got passed down on to you, but you don’t. Which is impressive,” Jisun adds.

 

There was so much information to take in that Jiwon wanted to faint again, she was hoping that it was all a dream.

 

“But how did she even get a hold of the Dextroamphetamine? Not to mention, the DEXTAPH01?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I thought professor Song made prototypes,” she added.

 

The two scientists made eye contact with their colleague, urging her to tell them her part of the news.

 

Hayoung sighed and clasped her hands in front of her.

 

“I accidentally gave you DEXTAPH01. Which is not the prototype…”

 

Jiwon stares at Hayoung blankly, with all sorts of emotions running through her body. Her normal life was thrown out the window just like that, because of Hayoung.

 

Jiwon’s expression on her face changed. Her brows furrowed, her right eye was twitching, opening ready to speak.

 

“J-Jiwon-ssi, please let me- “

 

Hayoung’s words were cut off by a death-defying scream, making her and everyone else in the room cover their ears. The whole room was shaking again like it was before.

 

Nagyung uses her forcefields to shield everyone from Jiwon’s voice.

 

Jiwon climbs out of the bed and walks towards Hayoung, trying to breakthrough Nagyung’s barrier with her fists. But because she was still weak and doesn’t know how to control her powers, she passes out again.

 

Hayoung catches her in time. The weight of guilt is heavy on her shoulders.

 

Jiwon felt lightheaded and weak, she doesn’t even have the energy to stand up. She looks up to see who caught her – expecting it to be Chaeyoung. But when she was face to face with Hayoung, Jiwon doesn’t know if she should be feeling butterflies in her stomach or punch her right there and then.

 

“Y-you did this…” the smaller girl said in a low husky voice.

 

The brunette slowly stood up and jabbed her finger on Hayoung’s chest.

 

The scientist gulped and raises her hands in front of her.

 

“Y-yes. And I take full responsibility, and I am very, very, sorry,”

 

Hayoung continues to walk backwards as Jiwon walks closer and closer towards her.

 

“Well ‘sorry isn’t going to be enough to fix all of this!” Jiwon yelled, but in her normal voice.

 

Everyone flinched when they heard her raise her voice, Nagyung was ready to use her forcefield to protect everyone.

 

“I-I understand. I will do my best to find a solution to th- “

 

Jiwon cuts Hayoung off once again, “Solution?! Miss Song, I am no scientist in your level, but I’m pretty sure it is scientifically impossible to reverse this,”

 

Hayoung’s back hits the edge of the table.

 

Jiwon was about to continue her rant, not caring that Hayoung was against the table. Until, her right leg decides to randomly give out on her, making her stumble and fall on top of Hayoung.

 

Her lips perfectly landing on Hayoung’s lips.

 

A collection of gasps filled the room. With Saerom covering Jiheon’s eyes, and Jisun covering hers with her tablet. Gyuri couldn’t believe her own pair of eyes, while the three same aged friends couldn’t control their laughter.

 

They slowly pull apart, staring at each other with wide eyes at what just happened.

 

Jiwon blinked rapidly while Hayoung turned her attention to the ceiling, both donning bright pink cheeks.

 

“Jiwon unnie made the first move, can you believe that?!” Chaeyoung joked between Nagyung and Seoyeon.

 

“I heard that!” Jiwon almost breaks her neck when she heard the three whisper amongst themselves.

 

“Looks like the Dextroamphetamine not only gave her the power to raise her voice, but also hear, literally, everything.” Jisun whispers to Gyuri.

 

Gyuri nods and adds, “We should all be careful with our words when she’s in the room.”

 

“That too!” Jiwon turns her attention towards Gyuri and Jisun.

 

Hayoung clears , catching Jiwon’s attention.

 

“I-I will do my best to come up with a solution. I can’t guarantee you that my team and I can come up with an antidote that fast, but I will try,”

 

Hayoung grabs a pen and paper from her coat and scribbles her number down, giving it to Jiwon.

 

“Let’s keep in touch. If you are experiencing any problems, don’t hesitate to contact me, okay?”

 

“And she got her number! Jiwon unnie is on a roll today!” Jiwon heard Chaeyoung say under her breath.

 

“I swear to god, Chaeyoung. I will yell in your ear if you say one more thing.” Jiwon threatens, red face and all.

 

-

 

a/n: hope yall like it pls do leave a comment :D