001

Fly High

Jiwon bolts up, taking in a deep breath, her heart seemed to be racing a hundred kilometres per hour. Frantic eyes looking around to check her surroundings.

 

Suddenly, the door to her room bursts open and a girl with orange hair comes in.

 

“Jiwonie! You’re awake. I carried you to your bed when you fell asleep in the kitchen, oh, and Jiheon marked your tests for you.”

 

Jiwon rubbed her tired eyes. “Thanks, Chaeng. You know you guys didn’t have to do that. You two have school to worry about.”

 

“It’s no problem unnie. It’s what we superheroes do best!” Chaeyoung grinned before lifting up her bed as if she’s picking up a stone from the ground and grabbed what seemed to be her tracksuit.

 

“See you later unnie.” Chaeyoung says before closing the door to their shared room.

 

Jiwon checks the time on her phone. If Chaeyoung was still here, it means she’s not late for today’s field trip. The anxiety she felt when she woke up subsided, and she plops back down on her pillow, and drapes her arm over her eyes.

 

“Good morning unnie!”

 

Two voices said simultaneously after a millisecond of silence. The high school teacher screams as she flails around in her bed – her limbs going in different directions.

 

One voice came from a short girl that was currently hanging from the ceiling with a web, and another one was from a floating girl’s head.

 

“One of you guys are going to kill me one day,” Jiwon said under her breath.

 

Nagyung giggled as the rest of her body started to appear slowly, while Seoyeon slid off her web and landed on her feet.

 

Jiwon notices that they were in their training attire. She sits up on her bed and crosses her arms in front of her chest as she gave the two a stern look, narrowing her eyes at the duo.

 

“Are you two skipping classes again?”

 

After realizing they’ve been caught, Nagyung suddenly disappears again, and Seoyeon shoots one of her webs on the ceiling to escape to the living room.

 

Jiwon sighs and shakes her head. At least the two are serious about one thing. Training their powers.

 

“Oh, morning, Jiwon. The cafe’s waffle machine broke, hope you like pancakes,”

 

A paper bag floats its way towards Jiwon, who was already dressed and running her hands through her damp hair.

 

“Thanks, Saerom unnie,”

 

“Are you not going to train with Nagyung and Seoyeon today?” Jiwon asked, taking a bite of her pancake. Noticing the girl was dressed in a more formal attire today, rather than her usual jeans and sweatshirt combo.

 

“I can’t. I took someone’s shift today, and I have to visit Jiheon’s school,” Saerom grumbles the last part.

 

“I keep telling her to just go to SKY Academy like Chaeyoung, and actually learn something at her level,”

 

Saerom eyes the couch on the living room and all the cushions and pillows on it start to levitate. She clicks her tongue when she couldn’t find what she was looking for, ignoring the mess that was floating along with the others — which was not like her, but the older girl seemed to be in a rush.

 

Jiwon finally takes notice of the floating items above her head, and immediately knew what was going on. Saerom couldn’t find her car keys again.

 

“Jiheon has her reasons. I’m pretty sure having enhanced supernatural intelligence at such a young age is taking a toll on her and being in a normal high school is helping her cope with it,” Jiwon explains as she also helps Saerom look for her keys.

 

Her eyes catch a lump on the napkin in front of her. She lifts it up, and sure enough under it was Saerom’s keys.

 

“Found it.”

 

Hearing the familiar jingle of keys catches Saerom’s attention. Jiwon throws it towards her — but being a bad thrower, it doesn’t go towards her direction. But luckily Saerom uses her telekinetic powers to catch it.

 

Jiwon can see the stress still etched on Saerom’s face. The older girl took Jiheon under her wing when she rescued her a couple years back, so she understands where she’s coming from — they both want the best for Jiheon. The two oldest were had to be the parental figures for Jiheon and the other three.

 

With a smile, the shorter haired girl nodded. All the floating objects were slowly brought down and back into its place.

 

“You’re right,”

 

Saerom downs her cup of coffee before making her way to the door.

 

Jiwon was glad Saerom’s positivity was back.

 

“Alright, I’ll see you later, Jiwon. Have fun at your field trip!”

 

-

 

SKY Academy surely is nothing like any other school in South Korea. It was a building with a modernistic design – windows that reflects the sun’s rays, it’s towering height of five floors, and clean white walls. The building was elevated on a base made to withstand all the crazy happenings in the building, while being surrounded by water to make the school look less intimidating. And the entrance leading to the doors involves, in a regular human’s case, walking down a cemented path leading up to a flight of stairs.

 

The students of OTR High School marvelled at the sight as they got off the bus. They whisper amongst themselves as they grew anxious at what was behind those doors. Were they going to be bombarded by superheroes? Were they going to be safe from said superheroes? Can they all fly? What exactly does happen in a school filled with people with enhanced special abilities?

 

Jiwon laughs at their reactions as she stays calm and does a head count.

 

-

 

“Looks like it’s a full house today,” Jisun comments, watching the students get off their school busses.

 

“Mhm, luckily today is a half day. Almost half the students are gone, save for the ones helping out,” Gyuri said as she makes her way beside Jisun.

 

“Have you seen Hayoung by any chance?” the taller girl asked.

 

“I think I saw her setting up her station. She did say she was coming in extra early today to prepare.”

 

The two continue to converse as they themselves make their way to the exhibition. Discussing what they were going to show in this year’s exhibition.

 

“You think she’s going to show that experiment she’s been working on?” Gyuri asked.

 

“I don’t know… she wasn’t vocal about what exactly she was going to show for this year’s exhibition,” Jisun replied tilting her head, trying to recall if Hayoung mentioned anything about the fair.

 

-

 

follow me on twt @versacedawon uwu

pls dont forget to comment!!! this is my first fromis fic so kinda nervous i wanna know what yall think and if u like it??

if ur confused or have questions just comment?? dm me on twt??? or just drop one on my cc lmao (https://curiouscat.me/091500)