In A Blink of An Eye

In A Blink of An Eye

 

It was a nice, sunny day outside. She had just come back home from working at the cafe. It was a tiring Monday afternoon shift. Everyone was trying to fit in their daily cup of coffee and university students were sitting in to study during lunch break. All she wanted to do now that she was home was relax.

 

Climbing up the stairs, Jinhee headed straight for the bed. She hadn't bothered to make the bed yet, but apparently neither did her boyfriend.

 

He must have had an early start. I hope he had breakfast before he left.

 

Taking out her phone from her back pocket, she was about to open up her messaging app to text him, but the rapid stream of notifications popping up on her phone stopped her. She stared. Opening the message, she felt her heart drop. She read the words over and over, but they just weren't making sense.

 

How could he? He was leaving?

 

Jinhee looked at her screen again, the words displayed on her phone breaking her heart once more. A door slowly creaked opened behind her, heavy footsteps heading to where she was on her bed. She felt the bed sink slightly.

 

“Hey…” a soft voice said from behind her.

 

“Shut up” she cried. He sighed. “I knew you were going to be like this.”

 

She turned to him and scowled, tears still streaming down her face. “How else should I react? You broke my heart. How could you not tell me?” She sobbed louder as he pulled her into his arms, cradling her.

 

 

"I wanted to tell you myself, but...”

 

“Instead, that’s how I find out that you're were leaving?” she sniffles. He looks away from her pained face, eyes drifting towards her bedroom walls.

 

It wasn’t supposed to turn out this way. But, he guesses that he should have expected her to react like this. They were together for 4 years- going on 5 in July. It was hard enough for him to leave, but he thought it was the right time.

 

 

 

“What am I supposed to do without you?” she cried.

 

 

...

 

“...Now my favourite idol group won’t be together for the world tour,” Jinhee sobs loudly, snot rolling down her face. Kyungsoo sighs, eyes looking away from the poster of him and the other Exo members on her wall.

 

“I’m not leaving forever,” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Jinhee stopped for a bit, but sobbed louder. “Besides, Xiumin left before me and you still have the other 6 members. And Yixing has his songs coming out soon, there will be lots for you to keep you occupied.” Jinee sulks, lips sticking out in a pout. Kyungsoo pulls her into his arms and calmly pets the back of her head. "You can always visit me on the base."

 

“Yeah, but it’s so unfair. I had to read a god-damn allkpop article to find out! An Allkpop article! The lowest of the low of all online news sources!” Jinhee whined, arms flailing in the air.

 

Kyungsoo chuckles. “My military service will be done before you know it, okay? You can wait for me, can’t you?” Jinhee looks up at Kyungsoo all teary-eyed, but nods nonetheless.

 

“I guess…” she mumbles. Kyungsoo grins at her lovingly and holds her face in his hands.

 

“Are you still mad?” Kyungsoo asks her, still grinning foolishly. Jinhee pouts. “No.”

 

“Am I still your favourite member?” Jinhee sniffs. She hums and places a finger on her lip. “I don’t know~ With you gone and Baekhyun uploading more vlogs on his Youtube channel, he could be climbing up to my number one spot on my bias list~”

 

Kyungsoo frowns. Jinhee tries her best to keep her giggles in, but lets out a huge laugh when Kyungsoo topples over her and tickles her waist. They roll around a bit, both trying to tickle one another till either of them surrender. Once Jinhee feels like she can't breathe anymore, she raises a hand. Kyungsoo has that cheshire grin of his on and looks extremely satisfied that he won.

 

“O-ok! Ok! You’re still my favourite!” Jinhee laughs. Kyungsoo rests his forehead on hers, eyes looking down at her with so much sincerity and love. Jinhee flushes. With that familiar magnetic attraction they both had, they both slowly closed their eyes and leaned their heads closer. They share a soft kiss and nothing more, but honestly that was all they needed.

 

Jinhee smiled. They both smiled. She didn’t have to worry.  He would be back in a blink.


 


a/n I used the name, Jinhee, because I really don't like using y/n or ______(fill in you name here) when I write, sorry about that~