Chapter 1

Away With You

Twice went everywhere together. Hell it was practically a normal thing for one of the girls to be preforming their nightly shower ritual whilst another girl is perched close by on the toilet. 

 

So when it came down to their managers announcement of an upcoming camping trip they didn’t bat an eye. 

 

Dahyun didn’t mind alittle time away from the city and from her technology. Heavens knows with all the comeback events and meetings, she deserved a break. 

 

It’s not like she didn’t enjoy the hustle of Twice’s heavy schedule but as for any human, sometimes what you need is the quiet steadiness of being free of your duties.

 

Even if it was in the rawness of the outdoors.

 

After a few minutes of lazily counting passing trees on the road, Dahyun decided this camping expenditure was exactly what she needed as she began to give up on her counting and doze off against the window of the van. 

 

Needless to say it didn’t necessarily help that Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were mindlessly laughing too loud at memes off their phones in the back.

 

How the rest of the School Meal Club managed to preserve their youth energy even after such demanding times like Comebacks boggled her mind.

 

Sure, Dahyun could last an entire press day putting up an energetic front for her Once’s but only finally behind closed doors, could she find herself allowing to enjoy the luxury of settling down in calmness and peace.

 

Dahyun squeezed her eyes shut trying to drown out the sounds of the road and made a solid effort to steady her head against the window. 

 

But really what was the success in sleeping with your head against a rattling window?

 

To say she was surprised was an understatement when she suddenly felt a hand land on her arm. 

 

A finger began to trace delicate circles around her knuckles. 

 

When finally opening her eyes, she met dark brown eyes that enveloped her into a warmth depth of infinity that could only ever be owned by the one and only Sana. 

 

If Dahyun was being honest, she hasn’t exactly dealt with her feelings for the blonde. 

 

Despite their rough start in the beginning during Sixteen, for the past couple years as they bonded more, Dahyun drew closer to her own personal revelation that her feelings might not be all purely platonic. 

 

Out of the other girls, only Sana was able to get under Dahyun’s skin. Knew how to encourage her. Comfort her. Make her laugh. 

 

Dahyun knew this. 

 

In all fairness though, this was probably all in due to her growing soft infatuation over the japanese. 

 

That’s why when she found Sana gingerly gazing at her and rubbing soft formations onto her hand she couldn’t help and indulge in the idea that perhaps the girl had a soft spot for her. 

 

If only, she thought.

 

Cliche as it may sound to herself, Dahyun could practically feel herself oozing into a melted puddle of softness under this attention.

 

“It’s a good thing that you’re practically half-awake right now or else you’d be dead, Dahyun,” she thought to herself.

 

All she could muster back was a lazy lopsided smile as her eyes begged for her to close and drag her into a deeply needed rest 

 

Under hooded eyes she saw Sana tap her own shoulder, inviting Dahyun to use her as her pillow.

 

Not even one second of hesitation passed by before Dahyun found herself already being pulled by the blonde. 

 

Dahyun felt Sana in one motion unbuckle her seat belt and scoot closer to her despite the van being in full motion.

 

Sana swiftly moved her arm from Dahyun’s side to smoothly wrap around her shoulder and bring Dahyun into her body.

 

The two have repeatedly found themselves in this position before but this time Dahyun felt several things.

 

Despite the feeling of her nose grazing Sana’s neck, her arm coiled around her waist, knees brushing against each other occasionally, Dahyun recognised the feeling of completeness.

 

“How is it that someone could make you feel like you were missing a part of yourself this entire time?”, Dahyun quietly admitted into her mind. She felt like a snug puzzle piece that had found its matching cut.

 

Dahyun took note of this and other aspects in this moment. 

 

One in specific being Sana’s Prada candy perfume that toyed with her senses as she finally strayed into sleep. 


“Dahyun-ah.”

 

No response.

 

“Dahyun-ah.”

 

No response.

 

Sana would’ve thought such a sleepy Dahyun would be cute....If only she didn’t desperately need to use the bathroom. 

 

She glanced down at her hands still occupied with holding the younger girl’s hand ever since she dozed off 

 

Sana sighed and quietly unbuckled Dahyun’s and her seat belt to shuffle herself into a better position to lift the smaller girl. She glanced at Tzuyu and Chaeyoung who gave a small laugh and sympathetic smile as they excused themselves out of the van to start helping unpack their belongings. 

 

“Mmm..” Dahyun sighed into Sana’s neck as she felt herself being lifted and exposed to the night’s cold air in comparison to the past warmth of the van following their hours inside. 

 

“You owe me a smore for carrying you to the cabin y’know?,” Sana said in low tone glancing down at Dahyun who’s eyes were still shut. She softly laughed as she saw Dahyun concede a small smile and tighten her arms around Sana’s neck as they strayed further up the hill until inside the glowing log house. 

 

With sleepiness still settled on Dahyun, she drifted in and out of sleep occasionally opening her eyes to see some landmarks like the fireplace, Sana’s red tinted cheeks, the dimly lit hallways, Sana’s collarbone, the heavy wooden doors, and finally Sana’s eyes glancing down at her. 

 

Sana gently placed Dahyun onto the mattress and already set herself into motion of taking Dahyun’s shoes off. 

 

“Thank you.”

 

Sana turned around on her way the door on the mission to get their bags. 

 

She found Dahyun coiled into herself already returning back to sleep. 

 

“Of course Dubu,” Sana said back despite knowing completely that the sleeping girl didn’t hear. 

 

As Sana walked down the dim hallway she found herself glancing into the rooms of her members that were to no surprise were already pairing rooms for the trip.

 

Jeongyeon and Nayeon. Tzuyu, Mina, and Chaeyoung. Jihyo and Momo. 

 

“Mina, if these two younglings end up being too loud and keep you up you can always come stay in Dahyun and I’s room,” Sana said secretly in Japanese to the other girl while wiggling her finger between the two maknaes who were fairly confused. 

 

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes at Sana. “She’s talking bad about us isn’t she,” Chaeyoung said turning to Tzuyu who was busy unfolding clothes out of her suit case. 

 

Hai.” Tzuyu said amusingly, eyes still glued to their suit case.

 

Mina laughed and turned to the other Japanese, “I think I’ll be fine, plus Chaeyoung promised me the queen bed so atleast I can suffer in comfort,” she winked. 

 

Sana chuckled and quickly bid them a goodnight as she excused herself. 


Sana swiftly walked back down the hallway with her bags in tow.

 

To no surprise she already could hear Jeongyeon and Nayeon baring arms not even being an hour at the cabin. 

 

“Jeong can’t you just work on that in the morning? I want to turn off the light and go to sleep,” Sana could hear Nayeon whine through the door.

 

Ani! I’ve been working on this lego set ever since we got in the car I’m almost done. Chill.” 

 

Sana could hear a big grunt and some bed sheets ruffling. 

 

“Wait, what are you doing?”

 

“Nabongs, no.”

 

“Ya! Nayeon-ah, dont!”

 

*Click*

 

Sana’s eyes flickered down to the floor as she saw the light disappear from underneath the door. 

 

Jaljayo~~,” Nayeon sang followed by some upset footsteps.

 

Sana laughed as she quietly ducked inside her room finding Dahyun passed out who managed to make an even bigger mess of her hair. 

 

“Cute.” Sana thought to herself, dropping her bags on the floor and walking over to the girl and dragging the covers up her body, tucking back as much stray hairs before any tangles could present themselves the following morning. 

 

Half and hour later back from her night routine, Sana quietly returned herself to the room and pulled back the covers of the queen bed careful not to disturb Dahyun. 

 

Not that anything could possibly waken her at this point, let’s be real. 

 

Sana could’ve taken one of the smaller bunk beds but she decided otherwise to allow herself a personal human heater against the chilly night of the cabin. 

 

Amongst all the girls, not one felt burdened by any duties the next day. Sana let herself sink into the bed and her own thoughts. 

 

Only yet, because of their bare schedule these next few days, Sana couldn’t find thoughts to rummage or stress through.

 

For the first time in ages. 

 

The girl smiled to herself and felt uplifted by this fact and turned over to her side. 

 

To Sana’s surprise her senses already began to fade into sleep. She sighed, only before she felt the girl beside her stir closer and enveloping her arms around her waist, leg to her leg, nose settled to the back of her neck and hair. 

 

Sana acknowledged the small goodnight hushed into her neck behind her from Dahyun before she closed her eyes. 

 

“Good night, Dubu.”