Fin.

somebody to lean on
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena sighed as the harsh cold wind hits her in the face. Strangely, she found the sensation calming albeit a little brash for her skin. Winter had just began not too long ago. She doesn't know why she even bothered staying up just to see the morning star rise and stay up in the sky for hours. 

The habit of scaling up the roof of a run-down warehouse had been on to her ever since she found the building. It gives her an inner peace that she never knew existed, much more in an old building used for storing various goods. Yena doesn't bring anything with her, just a jacket, and a phone; that's all it takes for her to be in a sanctuary, peace.

¿

"Yena-ah. I can't do this anymore... I love you but... sometimes, love is just not enough."

Yena snaps her eyes open after that familiar voice ringed the insides of her ears. She takes many shallow breaths as the buried feelings came crashing upon her. She looks at her environment and turns around in hopes of seeing someone near the same vicinity as her. Upon seeing no one, Yena shifts her position, she rests her right leg and pulls back her other leg a little. Both of her hands supporting the weight of her head as her back's lied down at the metal roof, giving her a clear view of the sky.

The voice earlier, it had been faint, indiscernible, yet every ounce of it is like a thunder, loud. Yena no longer felt the drowsiness that caused her to fall asleep earlier. Tiny bits of white crystals started to fall a couple of days earlier yet somehow her memories seem to take her back to the first snow that she celebrated with her one and only.

A loud ringing and vibrations in her pocket snatched her attention away from the falling snow. She ignored it at first but then it proved to be a little too annoying. Her eyes widened upon looking at the name of the caller.

' me please.' Yena internally cusses.

She brings the phone close to her ears as soon as she taps the green button, prepared for the scolding that she always received.

"Yena, where the hell are you?!" Her brother asks her impatiently.

"I miss you too oppa." 

"I'm not joking , come back here at my apartment or at least stay at yours." Her brother commands loud and clear

The former rapper contemplated whether to do the other guy's order or not. Few minutes in and all she says is a tight yes. She didn't feel a little bit bad after ending the call abruptly. Yena stands up and prepares to walk on her way home after that.

¿

She plops on her couch as soon as she enters her apartment. Her odd habit were always pointed out by her girlfriend when they were still in the same group. Yena's looking at her pictures again in her phone before her mind even realized it.

'God damn, get a grip Yena.' She scolds herself.

Her mind however, had other plans because the more she tries to get on and forget, the more tears started flowing out. She wipes her eyes aggressively, removing the liquid that made her orbs puffy and red.

"Yuri you ing , why'd you leave me like this?" She whimpers to no one in particular.

The night at her apartment once again passed with tears, the usual routine ever since the vocalist broke up with her. Yena hugs her pillow a little tighter, hoping it was Yuri instead. The rapper soon drifts to sleep, unaware of her surroundings.

"Damn, never knew I'd see you in a sorry state like this." A voice silently remarks.

¿

Rays of sunlight beams down on Yena but it's still cold enough for her to lie down in bed for a few more minutes. The cool brightness soon annoys Yena that urged her to get up. The girl finds her living room tidied up down to the last corner. She stares in awe as she also saw a meal prepared in her table. There is also a note taped to her fridge with a neat handwriting written down.

'Go at your favorite place after you finished eating.' 

The slightly amused girl scratches her head in confusion as she tries to guess the person behind it. She mentally lists down the few possible suspect.

Yuri is obviously a negative considering they just went through a ridiculously hard break-up. Yena doubts that the girl would even want to see her.

Nako, Sakura, and Hitomi are also out as they are currently in Japan for their personal work, not to mention that it's been 2 years since they've been at Korea.

Yena also doubts that Chaewon and Eunbi has time to drop a note and actually clean her apartment up. The duo had just headlined the news after their recent breakthrough as a two-person group.

The two maknaes of her former group might be a suspect but Yena had no contacts of them or any of her former groupmates since a year after their disbandment, with an exception to Chaeyeon and Yuri.

The most probable person behind this is Chaeyeon due to her instincts as a mother even when they were still a group, the dancer hated messy things with a passion, rivaled only by her love for dancing. Though the girl still calls her from time to time, it is usually to ask her how is she and whine about how much she has to take care of Minju. So it is a no.

The last person that came to her mind is her same-aged friend, Hyewon. She's also the biggest no due to the fact that after IZ*ONE disbanded, the girl immediately cut off all ties and went under the radar for reasons unknown.

Sighing, Yena shrugs off her disappointment after failing to know who's the mystery person behind all of this. She sits down and begins mowing the food prepared for her.

¿

Yena seats in a bench underneath a cherry blossom tree in the park where Yuri used to sing her songs. She figures this is the place where she liked it the most, this place is the location of many happy memories of their relationship after all. She's currently sporting a pink sweater with a white cap in her head. In her legs are denim shorts paired with white sneakers.

After waiting for 15 minutes, Yena began to be impatient and grumpy. The stranger might be kind to her for the food and the cleaning but she really hates waiting. A lot. When she stands up to leave, a person suddenly sat next to her in the bench.

The girl's outfit is composed of a black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath, black ripped jeans and dark boots, a black cap to top it off.

Yena gasps audibly at the sight beside her. The black cap is hiding the person's face but she's sure that the person has a fashion sense way better than her, and she's not kidding.

Still the person for jokes, Yena managed to crack up one, "Are you death? If so, then can you take me already?" 

The other person scoffs and from the sound that Yena heard, the person is undeniably female. The stranger looked like she paid no attention to Yena's presence who is currently admiring the person internally.

"Figured I'd see you here." The girl says, attention elsewhere.

"Yah! Who are you?" Yena asks rudely.

The girl lifts up her cap to reveal her face and the moment Yena sees her eyes, she tackled her for a tight hug; not even caring about the people passing by while giving her a funny look.

"HYEWONIE!" Yena squeals as loud as she can.

Hyewon just smiles at the loud voice and returns Yena's embrace willingly. 

The energetic girl still holds to her and she takes a whiff of the cherry-scented perfume that is worn all over Hyewon's body. Yena takes a moment to scan the girl's face, earning a confused stare by the other one. Hyewon has grown more beautiful over the course of 2 years and Yena has no choice but to grab her cheeks and pull it apart.

"Oh my god Hyewonie! You've become much more beautiful!" Yena exclaims as she plays with the girl's cheeks.

She lets out an amused chuckle at Yena's statement as the other girl keeps fondling her face. Having enough fun already, the girl decides to get a hold of herself and talk to the quiet girl.

"Yah! You cut off immediately! What were you thinking?!" She asks loudly.

"I don't know, I probably wanted a new life, I guess." Hyewon replies nonchalantly.

"So how are you? What are you on up to?"

"Oh. I'm fine, I actually started studying in college again." Hyewon says.

Yena couldn't help but to silently mutter, "So idol life really isn't for you huh..."

The two both took a moment of silence for themselves, retreating to watch the fre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter