One-shot

Temporality

The past...

"AHHH!!! Help me!" screamed Lisa as she tried to run away from a very annoyed Jisoo. But the older girl was slightly faster than her and was able to tackle her to the ground. She sat on top of Lisa and began to knuckle her head.

"AHHH!!" yelled Lisa as she tried to squirm out of Jisoo's hold. Rosé laughed as Jisoo moved on to tickling Lisa knowing how much she didn't like it.

"Lisa probably shouldn't have told Jisoo she has cooties," chuckled Rosé. She expected a reply but instead was met by silence. Looking over to her left, she saw that Jennie was pouting sadly.

They were all playing at Rosé's house today. Their parents were grateful that Alice was free to babysit them for the afternoon while they went out for some "grown-up bonding time". When they had settled outside in the garden, Jisoo was eager to tell them about her short kiss with her classmate Jinyoung.

Rosé had noticed how shy Jisoo was talking about it, but was happy because they all knew she had a small crush on him since he shared his lunch box of chicken skewer's with her last week Tuesday. Apparently it had happened after their extra music lesson, while waiting to go home. Rosé had seen that she was the only one who'd reacted positively, with Jennie barely even listening and Lisa throwing a hissy fit. Stating she didn't want to be close to Jisoo because it was guaranteed she had cooties.

After that, she and Jisoo had begun to bicker. Next thing Lisa was running for her life as Jisoo was hell bent on showing her what "cooties" could do. Turning back to them, she saw that the two were no longer fighting but instead were cuddling on the grass. She shook her head at their odd ball tendencies. Crawling over to Jennie, she lifted up her chin.

"JenJen, are you okay?"

Hearing the soft voice and feeling the gentle touch, she looked up and saw Rosé giving her a smile. But it didn't cast away the sadness in her eyes. Rosé shifted closer to her as she sat down. She bit her lip, and decided to just grab on to Jennie's hand. She held it, while tenderly drawing patterns on Jennie's hand using her thumb.

They sat like that as she waited for her friend to talk. Jisoo and Lisa were talking energetically in the background. Jennie turned to her friend, and felt more comfortable. She scooted closer to Rosé and leaned her head on her shoulder.

"My...my sister said nobody would ever want to marry me," whispered Jennie.

"Really?" said Rosé

"Yeah, she...she says I'm too annoying to have a husband," Rosé felt the pain in her friend's voice. Though Jennie was believed to be tough, they all knew she was a softie at heart.

"Why did Irene say that?"

"I was playing with her rings and she got angry. I just told her I was imagining my wedding but she said I shouldn't touch her stuff because I always get things lost. I said something back and then..." Jennie pouted as she lifted her head and looked at Rosé

"I see, "nodded Rosé that explained why Jennie had been so sombre when her parents had dropped her off.

"Well that's not true JenJen. There's going to be millions of people who want to marry you. There are millions," smiled Rosé.

"You're just saying that," said Jennie and punched her playfully.

"Am not. It's true. You're one of the kindest people I know, who always puts a smile on our faces," said Rosé confidently and Jennie's eyes widened.

"Re..really?"

"Yeah, you're not annoying. You're beautiful. What's in here," Rosé pointed towards Jennie's heart, "Just shines out to the world and we're happy for that."

"Rosie, you're just being sweet, because you're nice," said Jennie and looked off to the side. Rosé's eyebrows furrowed, wondering how she could convince her friend that she meant every word. Moving in front of her, Rosé grabbed on to Jennie's hand as she knelt on one knee.

"Will you marry me JenJen?"

Jennie's eyes widened as she heard the question. Rosé was giving her the brightest smile she's ever seen and she wondered why her chest was feeling tight. She looked down at their hands and back up, not knowing what to say.

"Please be my wifey, JenJen," said Rosé earnestly and Jennie knew she couldn't resist, even if Rosé was just playing.

"Okay, I will marry you," she said softly and Rosé smiled as she bent and kissed Jennie's hand. She continued holding it as she urged them to stand up. She called Jisoo and Lisa over.

"Jennie and I are gonna get married now. Lisa you be my best man and Jisoo you be a bridesmaid. I'm going to ask Alice to help us," said Rosé.

"Awww yass! Let's make Jennie pretty and everything," clapped Jisoo eager to play this game.

"I'll be the best best man in the world Rosie," said Lisa as her fist pumped the air. Suddenly they were all rushing inside and Jennie was taken aback that they were actually doing a whole event for it.

Alice smirked in amusement as she helped put a little make-up on Jennie. When her kid sister and her little friend's came rushing to her, asking to help with Rosé and Jennie's wedding, she thought there was no harm in helping them with their game.

They had put Jennie in one of Rosé's white church dresses, while Jisoo wore one of her pink ones. Rosé and Lisa didn't change but did put on black jackets from Rosé's wardrobe too. She found it cute how serious Rosé was being about this, saying Jennie and Jisoo needed an entrance with music, she and Lisa had each plucked a flower from the garden and Alice had to have a proper wedding speech for them.

It happened in their music room. It had a long carpet going through it, perfect for a wedding entrance. Lisa and Rosé waited with Alice in the front as the music played. Jisoo and Jennie entered the room with arms connected. They'd even made a make-shift veil for her and Jennie couldn't believe they were actually doing this.

When they got to the front, she focused on Rosé smiling at her. For some reason, she was feeling nervous. It was a game but with all the effort Rosé put in, it felt real. Alice, tried to contain her giggles. As she looked down at the 10 and 8 year olds, she thought this was the cutest thing she's seen in a long time. Her sister really knew how to be extra.

"Alright, welcome everyone to the official marriage ceremony of Jennie Kim and Rosé Park," Alice addressed the imaginary crowd. Rosé grabbed on to both of Jennie's hands after lifting the veil and it made the older girl feel happy.

"We are here today, to witness these two become one in mind, body and soul. They are forever connected, regardless of space or time. Wherever the one goes, the other will follow. They are flames that have always been destined to burn together. It is written in the stars, carved out in the heavens and today we are blessed to see them take the step towards eternal love," Alice didn't know what overcame her but the words just flowed from her. It felt like the right thing to say, even though she knew it sounded a little cheesy.

But as she looked down, she was surprised to see that none of the girls were laughing at her speech. In fact Rosé had stepped closer to Jennie. They were staring deeply in to each other's eyes while Jisoo and Lisa watched in concentration.

"Moving on," coughed Alice," Jennie do you take Rosé to be your hubby, to have and to hold, forever and ever,"

"I do," said Jennie.

"And Rosé, do you take Jennie to be your wifey, to have and to hold, forever and ever?"

"I do," said Rosé nodding eagerly. She placed the diamond-like ring Alice had given her on Jennie's finger.

"Then let it be witnessed that today you two are hubby and wife, forever connected. Rosie, you may kiss your bride," clapped Alice. Rosé looked up at her sister, her heartbeat had fastened hearing she could kiss Jennie. Lisa, saw her bestie freeze a little, so she pushed her forward, while whispering "on the lips" to her. She wondered if she heard right, because Lisa had been going on about cooties earlier.

Stumbling a little forward, Rosé held on to Jennie's hands and looked in to her eyes. She was looking at Jennie with so much sincerity, that it made the other girl begin to feel really warm. And to her surprise, Jennie felt her and Rosé's lips meet. It was a soft kiss, full of care and Jennie was sure she was blushing hard. That was her first ever kiss and it felt really really good.

Rosé grinned as she saw Jennie's shyness. Jisoo and Lisa cheered loudly and Alice played a happy song as they all began to celebrate. Alice had filmed the whole thing, having place the camera in a good spot, she couldn't wait to show their parents this. Lisa and Jisoo began to dance happily and Alice went to fetch some snacks for them.

Rosé and Jennie were still holding hands. They looked at each other and Rosé felt something as a huge smile split across Jennie's face. She realized, that Jennie was very pretty and her stomach began to buzz at the sight. She smiled back and pulled Jennie in to a hug. She spoke softly as they held on to each other.

"Thank you for marrying me JenJen, you've made me the happiest hubby in the whole world."

"No thank you Rosie, this really made me happy. I feel so much better and I'm married," chuckled Jennie.

"I'm just glad I got my smiling JenJen back, I don't like seeing you sad," said Rosé as she let go and Jennie felt her heart skip a beat at those words. They held hands as they joined in on the dancing. Alice continued filming as all four girls joined hands forming a circle and continued dancing round and around.

Present Day...

Jennie played with her ring as the teacher continued to drone on in the front. She'd received no message this morning from Rosé and she hadn't seen her either. They only had chemistry together and they didn't have it today. On top of that, Rosé and Lisa had gotten themselves in break detention again, so they couldn't see each other then either.

She felt a paper hit her head and she whipped to her left, seeing Jisoo shake her head while grinning.

"Stop looking so gloomy, you'll see her later," she whispered.

"Leave me alone," Jennie whispered back and threw the paper at Jisoo. The teacher's back was facing them so he didn't see the shenanigans taking place. The bell rang and everyone rushed out happy that the day was over.

"So is it happening tonight?" asked Jisoo

"Argh, Jisoo please stop," said Jennie. She was already irritated that she'd gotten no contact from Rosé. Especially today.

"I'm just asking. You two have been acting like a married couple ever-since you basically got married. Except, you don't kiss, or have actually confessed to each other how much you want to bo," Jennie placed a hand over her friend's mouth and glared.

"You have been spending way too much time with Lisa, speaking like that," said Jennie and gave Jisoo a warning look before releasing her.

"I'm sorry Jen, sorry," she chuckled and gave Jennie a hug. It was just she knew what was going to happen today and was loving how anxious Jennie was acting. They made their way to the school parking and saw Rosé and Lisa waiting for them. Jennie practically sprinted in to Rosé's arms and Jisoo tried not to burst out laughing.

"Wow, hi Jen," laughed Rosé as she hugged her back. Lisa grinned at them as Jisoo gave her a back hug.

"I missed you," said Jennie softly as she looked up at Rosé's soft eyes. She was given a small smile and a kiss on the forehead.

"I missed you too, JenJen," said Rosé as she rubbed her thumb lightly over Jennie's cheek.

"WHIPPED!" yelled Lisa as she punched Rosé's shoulder. She and Jisoo laughed knowingly as they said goodbye to them and quickly headed towards Lisa's car. Rosé watched them before feeling delicate fingers turn her attention back to deep brown eyes.

"Did you see my message this morning?" asked Jennie and was saddened to see Rosé shake her head.

"Sorry Jen, my phone's been dead and my charger has been giving me problems. What was it about?" asked Rosé as she s her arms around Jennie's waist.

"Oh nothing," said Jennie and moved out of Rosé's hold. It was clear, she'd forgotten. She opened up the passenger door and hopped in. Rosé, contained her smirk, seeing the anger on Jennie's face. She hurried to the driver's side and started her car.

"Ready?"

She looked at Jennie but was given no eye contact. They drove in silence, with Rosé struggling to hide her smile and Jennie brewing in her own sadness that Rosé forgot what day it was. When they stopped, she saw that they were at Rosé's house and not her own. Also she saw Lisa's car, she turned with eyes full of questions.

"You're not taking me home?"

"No, I want to cuddle with you," said Rosé with one side of her lip turned up. Jennie tried not to be affected by how y it made her look.

"Why's Lisa here?" she crossed her arms while glancing to the other side of the street.

"So she can cuddle with Jisoo. We can all cuddle together," said Rosé.

"What? No, take me home Rosé," said Jennie. She didn't want to pretend that today was just any other day. She was hurt that Rosé wasn't even trying to ask what was wrong.

"Come on Jen, just spend some time with me. I didn't get to see you once today. Do you know how much I missed you?" Rosé blew up her cheeks for maximum effect knowing that normally made Jennie laugh. Though her arms were still crossed, she saw the flicker of a grin over Jennie's lips.

"Ihahagdjutimgsgahbb," said Rosé while speaking with her cheeks filled with air and it got a full hearted laugh from Jennie. She let Jennie poke her cheeks and she dramatically released the air. She really enjoyed the giggles coming from the older girl.

"Please repeat yourself, I didn't really catch that," said Jennie cheekily, she couldn't stay mad at Rosé. She just couldn't. Her fingers were still on Rosé's face and they were inching closer to each other as she saw the younger woman's eyes glance at her lips. She them, enticingly, aware of how that may come across. Their lips hadn't touch since that day and she needed that to end.

"I said," started Rosé while slowly moving her eyes to meet Jennies," that I just want to spend some time with you. Hold you," she finished softly and moved back. Jennie nearly died from frustration but was touched by the sweetness in Rosé's voice

She got out of the car and allowed Rosé to take her hand and lead her to her house. She was still sad that Rosé forgot especially since in previous years she'd atleast mentioned it. There was a reason why she was still wearing the ring and Jennie often wondered when Rosé would question that. But she didn't and Jennie hated herself because she didn't mind that either.

"Wait," she jerked Rosé back before opening the door.

"What is it?"

"I'm mad at you," pouted Jennie.

Rosé's heart beat erratically, seeing her do that and how attractive she looked. Jennie tugged her hand and she moved closer. She used hers hands and gripped Rosé's shirt. The younger woman was very aware of their closeness and wondered if Jennie could hear her heart. Jennie looked up at her, and Rosé felt her soul was being undressed.

"I'm mad," whispered Jennie. She felt herself being pulled in to a hug.

"What did I do?" Rosé whispered back, she placed a strand of hair behind Jennie's ear.

"You...argh, you're just being you," sighed Jennie and just nuzzled her face in to Rosé's chest. Chuckling, Rosé grabbed her hand and moved towards the door.

When they got inside it was quiet. Rosé stated that they needed to place their bags down in the kitchen. Jennie just let her lead her, even though the Park household was rarely ever this silent. Especially if Lisa's car was out front. She was about to ask as Rosé guided her to the garden but they suddenly stopped. Rosé faced her.

"Before we go out there, I want to speak with you here. While we're alone. Because I just want you to hear this, just you," said Rosé softly and leaned their foreheads together. She moved slightly back.

"When it comes to you JenJen, I can't think straight. Like literally," she smirked before continuing, "in all seriousness though, all those years back when I said that your beauty comes from within," she touched Jennie's chest, " and shines out I really meant it. And well it basically shined straight in to my own heart. Already back then, but I didn't understand what I was feeling. Each day since then I just fell deeper and deeper in to my love for you," Jennie's breath hitched.

"Rosie," she was so overwhelmed by what she just heard. Rosé placed a finger on her lips and traced lightly.

"I have no ing clue how little me just knew that you're the one but I'm glad little me proposed back then. And I'm glad that you said yes and you're my wifey and no one else. You're in here Jen," she brought Jennie's hand to her own chest, "and I don't ever want you to go."

Jennie's eyes began to fill with tears. She blinked out of necessity and felt how some of them escaped. She let them fall freely, not caring because this moment was what she's been waiting for. She wouldn't let anything interrupt it.

"That..that," she sniffled a little, "that day you made me the happiest little girl in the world and every day since then, you kept that happiness. I know we weren't really married. But Rosie, I've loved you for so long and just didn't know how to say it. Since then, maybe even before, you were special to me. I know no other person could've been my hubby and I don't want anyone else to be. I love you Rosé. I love you deeply," she said softly. Rosé felt her own eyes begin to tear, she traced Jennie's lips again before leaning down and connecting them with her own. They kissed tenderly, with soft lips trembling. It was delightful and sweet.

Rosé smiled as they disconnected. She looked at Jennie and kissed her again. The older girl moved her fingers in to her hair and it erupted a passionate moan from her. They broke with heavy breaths and Jennie wanted to move in for more but Rosé stopped her.

"We need to go, they're waiting," she said and Jennie gave her a quizzical look. Rosé pulled away the curtains and opened the door out to the garden. When they walked out, Jennie gasped.

There was Alice, Jisoo and Lisa standing at a white rose scattered alter. She saw Alice press a button and the song, she'd walked down the aisle to years ago, filled the air. She saw that Jisoo was holding a veil and that Lisa had flowers in her hand. It was all so familiar, and she felt the tears stream. Rosé gripped on to her hand tightly.

"Happy Anniversary JenJen, I was thinking this year we could renew our vows. Because I take the fact that you're my wifey very seriously. So will you marry me again?" smiled Rosé and all Jennie could do was laugh as she pulled Rosé in to a gentle kiss all the while saying yes, absolutely yes.