so close your eyes

keep quiet ’cause you’re dead if they knew

 

 

 

“I got tired waiting, wondering if you were ever coming around…” Kyungsoo hates to admit it but he knows every lyrics to this song. That song is his guilty pleasure but no one has to know. No one will ever know or so he thought.

“Kyungsoo…?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes bulged out. He tried to remain calm, he needs to. Breathe in… and breathe out…

“W-what are you doing here?” he asked after calming down without turning around. Judging by his annoying voice, it’s probably Jongin. What is it this time?

“Uh, I’ll help you if you like.” Jongin offered with a smile. Kyungsoo could tell Jongin’s smiling, weird. Definitely weird.

“No thanks.” He refused right away and resumed sweeping the confetti scattered on the classroom. All of a sudden, someone got a hold of his arm.

“Your voice sounded great, Kyungsoo.”

“Ha-ha, thanks. Now get out.” Kyungsoo tried to shake off Jongin’s firm grip on him but the latter didn’t budge so the shorter guy looked at him so he can bite his hand off or something but looking at the taller was a mistake. He was pretty sure this is real life but why does everything seemed to stop moving. (He hasn’t held his breath for this long, the last time was when he had a breath-holding contest with Baekhyun last summer in the school’s swimming pool, and of course he won that one easily, Baekhyun’s a wuss.) They stare at each other taking in each other’s soul for what seemed like forever.

The sliding door abruptly opens. Kyungsoo could swear his heart leaped out of its ribcage. They hurriedly get off each other. .

“Um, h-hi,” Sehun stammers whilst scratching the back of his head, “fancy seeing you two here, I-I forgot my bag…” he garners his things in lightning speed and hurried off. “B-bye!”

 

 

If Jongin has to describe it, Kyungsoo's voice is soothing. It tastes like vanilla. Or at least it should taste like vanilla if he ever gets to taste it. The are you talking about, Jongin? He thought among himself. He wouldn't dare try to use other words to explain how great hearing Kyungsoo's voice is, his vocabulary ain’t much after all. Plus, he flopped on the last English quiz he took.

Sehun left them with an awkward atmosphere.

“I’m leaving. I’m done cleaning here.” Kyungsoo announced, putting away the cleaning materials he used.

"Wait Kyungsoo. I thought we had a spark."

"Huh? A spark…?" Kyungsoo repeated, his nonchalant voice filled with menace, Jongin felt chills down his spine.

Within a second Jongin did feel a spark, particularly on his side. He immediately lost his sense of touch and dropped on the floor with a thud.

The last thing he saw was Kyungsoo holding a stun gun with a dark expression.

Ahh, that’s hot as hell—I mean, what the hell… then everything went black.

 

 

 

“You’re finally awake! I went back to the classroom again because I forgot my, um, my… eraser. Yeah, eraser. Totally.” Sehun nods to himself. “I thought you were dead.”

Jongin adjusts his eyes and gets up into sitting position. They’re in the school’s clinic. “What happened?” It all comes back to him. Kyungsoo. Stun gun. Spark.

“It’s totally not because I’m curious what you two are up to, okay?”

“Are you even listening? What time is it, stupid??”

“Who are you calling stupid, stupid? Look at the clock stupid.” Sehun pointed at the wall clock across them. “Hah, you stupid.” Sehun shakes his head at him.

In that moment Jongin confirms to himself that Sehun is a bit of whackjob.

“What happened by the way?” Sehun finally asks.

“I’m not sure, as you can see I was unconscious.”

“Why were you unconscious then?”

“Enough with this questions. Let’s just go home, okay? I’m exhausted. Oh, one more thing, don’t tell anyone about this.”

“You can count on me, I totally won’t tell a soul.” Sehun grinned wholeheartedly.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo should’ve killed Sehun. He ing knew it. That piece of a whackjob is a tattletale. He internally frustratingly grabbed on his hair, he can’t do it literally right now because that class is about to start but he sure did hear Sehun say something like, “I went to the classroom yesterday to retrieve my bag and the two of them was like deers caught in the headlights, if you know what I mean.” Then Junmyeon replied: “Bet they were kissing.” There was some annoying laughter afterwards.

Kyungsoo glared at them and sent telepathic messages. You’re not getting away with this, Sehun, you piece of . And you Junmyeon, you can kiss goodbye to mother earth.

For an idiot it seemed Sehun got the message seeing as he was shaking on his seat afterwards. Junmyeon just shrugged it off.

Apparently, Jongin is absent. I wonder if I went too far? Kyungsoo shakes his head. No, I only did the right thing. I mean, personal space much?

 

 

Later during lunch time, Kyungsoo is eating in front of his friend Baekhyun, beside him is the brunette’s lover, Chanyeol who is apparently his friend too. He needs to find new friends though because he can’t them being too lovey-dovey. I mean, really? Right in front of my salad?

Kyungsoo stabs on his food to keep him busy. The couple across him won’t judge him; they’re in their own bubble anyway. Idiots.

“Hey, Baekhyun, did you finish auditing our class funds?” Junmyeon came to their table out of nowhere.

“Ack. Sorry, not yet. I’ll finish it later.” For a moment their bubble was popped but a whole new bubble was blown in a blink of an eye. Seeing as there’s nothing he can accomplish here, Junmyeon turned to the next table just behind Kyungsoo.

“Yah, Sehun you haven’t paid your class contribution for the past three months. Care to explain?”

“Junmyeon, hi there! I missed you!”

“Don’t change the subject and we just talked this morning—”

“Have you eaten yet?”

“Yes, I just did—like I said don’t change the subject.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll totally pay you, okay?”

Baekhyun abruptly stands up and joins the conversation. Kyungsoo stays on his place unfazed by everything but he’ll eavesdrop of course.

“He’s totally lying. I know, it’s ‘cause he says ‘totally’ when he’s lying.” Kyungsoo can’t see it but can tell that Baekhyun’s hands are totally on his hips just by how much sass he is talking with.

“What are you talking about? I’m totally not lying. Like totally totally!”

 “See? He said ‘totally’ three times, the second one cancels the first one, the third ‘totally’ means he’s lying.” Baekhyun counted with his fingers.

Kyungsoo’s pretty sure this conversation’s totally giving him cancer.

 “You always go to the comfort room when I’m collecting fees!” Baekhyun added.

“I tota—” Sehun covers his mouth immediately. Baekhyun raised his eyebrow at him.

“You need to pay as soon as possible, we won’t give you the class t-shirt we’re making next month otherwise.” Junmyeon reprimanded him like the class representative that he is.

“Junmyeonie, I thought we were besties…”

Junmyeon’s face suddenly went pale.

“I need to use the toilet.” Junmyeon went out of the cafeteria in haste while clutching on his stomach.

“Ergh. Too much info.” Baekhyun grimaced.

“Make sure you let it all out!” Sehun cackles, he then grabbed on his matcha bubble tea to sip on it. His nose instantly flared up and he went away with tears all over his face.

“Huh? What happened?” Baekhyun examines the drink it looks normal, he then decided to sniff on it, he pulls back right away.

“Wasabi?!”

Kyungsoo smiles in triumph.

“Kyungsoo-ah, what’s with the face going on with you?”

“Shut up, Chanyeol.”

 

 

 

 

author’s note: writing this fun lol I’m totally going to update this by week like tots