FINAL

Chasing Hearts

As soon as Eunbi’s class has ended, she hastily packed her things inside her bag not caring if the inside of her bag looks like it has been swept by a passing tornado. She doesn’t care at all. After all it’s only her who touches her things and sometimes her best friend Yuna.  

Her mind is only thinking of heading to the library right away after their professor dismisses them. The place has been her favorite hangout place for the past year not because she likes reading but because of that someone who always study in the library everyday after school.

At first she just drops by at the library once in a blue moon to borrow a book needed for an assignment or report but never did her eyes roam around the room since she can’t be bothered to keep her bed waiting for her to sleep after a long day  until that day she was dragged by Yuna for a group study in the library.

She never signed up to attend that meeting or whatever you call it. Her grades were doing fine and she was fine as long she isn’t failing any of them. For all she knows grades doesn’t define who you are and what you are capable of. The girl only pretended to study with them by bringing out her book and opening it to the page where the group was at and was pretending to know what was going on by nodding her head from time to time.

While the group was so busy and immersed in their study, she took the chance to roam her eyes around the peaceful room. Only to see someone who completely captured her attention.

Pointy nose, sharp jaws, long eyelashes, pinkish and glossy lips, smooth blonde hair. Those were only a few adjectives she could describe about the ethereal and drop dead gorgeous student her eyes landed on. Only god knows how long she had been staring at the gorgeous girl who had a stack of books on her table and was writing in her notebook as she mumbles some words.

Is that girl a new student? And has she always been inside the library?

How come she haven’t noticed the beauty whenever she drops by at this place?

Eunbi slowly nudged her friend  her eyes still fixed on the blonde  who was highlighting words on her book to get her attention. “Hey Yuna” The tall girl stopped on what she was doing and slowly raised her head while the latter was still staring at the blonde a few tables away from them.

“Do you know who that is?” Eunbi asked her friend, pointing her chin to the gorgeous student.

Yuna followed her best friend and uttered a soft ‘ahh’ when she realized who caught her friend’s attention. The smaller girl who has not yet received the answer nudged her friend once again who groaned at the action.

“Kim Sojung.” Yuna muttered which Eunbi wasn’t able to hear. “What?”

“That’s Kim Sojung, the newly elected student council president. You’ve been studying here yet you don’t even know who’s the student council president?” Yuna snickered before going back onto her business.

The smaller girl would usually throw daggers on her best friend whenever Yuna says somethings like this or something that can provoke her but not this time. She was too occupied on the girl a few tables away from them.

Kim Sojung.

“Kim Sojung. I like that name.” The name lingered on Eunbi’s mind and a small smile formed on her lips.

She continued to stare at the blonde who was so focused on studying that Eunbi never saw the blonde’s eyes wander off aside from her notes. She had never thought that someone who is studying would be this so damn attractive. And how come she doesn’t know that the newly elected student council president is this gorgeous?

Just where has she been all this time? On her bed where she laze around of course.

The short haired girl now placed her chin on her palm and never thinking that Sojung might find her weird once she turns her head to their direction and find the dazed and creepy girl who was staring at her as if she has something going on inside her head. But Eunbi’s fantasy was soon stopped due to Yuna who lightly pinched her arm which earned a scowl from the smaller one.

“What was that for?” Eunbi angrily said while rubbing her arm out of pain and the latter could only roll her eyes in disbelief.

“Well you looked like some erted girl who is fantasizing over the student council president. What do you think would she think of you or the students around us if they see you staring at her like some creepy stalker?” The smaller girl’s eyes widened upon hearing the statement of her best friend who was now recreating how she was staring at the gorgeous student.

“What the heck are you doing?”

“Imitating how you were staring at our beautiful student council president.”

“I don’t even look like that Choi.”

“Says who? You, who can’t even see how your outer appearance look like without using a mirror?”

Eunbi was about to defend herself until they heard a screeching sound which made them turn their head towards the direction where the sound came from. They saw that the student council president was now fixing her books before carrying it and now slinging her bag on her shoulders, leaving the other strap hanging midair.

They both kept their mouth shut as they watch the silhouette of the blonde slowly dissapear out of their sight. Without noticing, Eunbi’s lips slowly turned into a frown after seeing that the blonde was nowhere in her sight anymore and Yuna noticed the sudden change on her best friend’s face. She played with her highlighter thinking how she haven’t seen Eunbi this attracted by a stranger.

“She comes here everyday after class to study or do her homework.” The younger girl slowly turned her head to Yuna whose eyes were still glued on the same door where the president left.

“Huh?”

“Miss Park, the librarian, told me that. I asked her a few days ago since I’ve noticed Sojung was always sitting on that exact same spot whenever I’m here to do my homework.”

The latter’s gloomy appearance lightened up at the statement for she knew exactly what to do and where to go everyday after classes and test if what her best friend is saying is indeed correct or just another scheme of her to make her go to the library. The place she least wants to be.

“Do you know what I’m thinking?” Yuna wrinkled her forehead and not one bit does she sense that Eunbi was thinking something rational nor is her best friend is up to no good. Never has she witnessed the smaller girl did something good after flashing that wide grin of hers and now Yuna’s questioning herself on why she spitted that knowledge out of .

“No, I don’t.” The taller girl swallowed the lump in and nervously laughed at the given statement. Eunbi’s grin even growing wider and her mind slowly processed on what might the smaller girl be thinking of doing and once she managed to process all of it… There was only one thing that came into her mind.

“Don’t tell me you’re planning on going here everyday after class just to see if the student council president is really studying in this place everyday just like what Miss Park had told me.” Yuna can only hope what she was thinking wasn’t what her best friend was thinking of doing because really? Eunbi in the library everyday? That will make everybody who knows her think that some evil spirit has successfully possessed their lazy friend.

Eunbi wiggled her eyebrows and giggled as a response which made the latter’s mouth drop open at the ridiculous thing the short girl is thinking about on doing. Oh Yuna exactly knew that Eunbi won’t attend to the library everyday to study but to just stare and observe the newly found crush of hers.

“Ha ha ha. Very funny Jung.” The taller girl laughed nonchalantly while brushing her hands in the air.

To her dismay, the short haired girl didn’t give any signs of any refusal against the guess of the tall girl which made Yuna curse under her breath.

Silence filled the room when both of them shuts their mouth from speaking further, afraid that if the taller girl speaks another word the latter would have another crazy idea. A worse idea than going to the library everyday.

She can’t be serious about it right? Jung Eunbi can’t possible break her lifelong tradition of immediately going home to slack and laze around just to take a glimpse of a girl she barely knows. Yuna knows how gorgeous of a woman Kim Sojung is and noticed that her best friend had taking a liking of her just a few moment ago.

Being Eunbi’s crush wouldn’t be enough to shatter her after class ritual right? Not that Yuna was against her friend taking a liking of someone. It’s just she’s hoping that Eunbi wouldn’t scare the student council president because of her creepy stare. It was a matter of seconds when she heard the chair beside her screech and a hand lightly tapped her back making her look at the now standing Jung Eunbi.

“I’m not gonna act like a creepy stalker Choi. So stop getting frustrated about what I might do next and plus who knows? I might just be kidding around  you know how much I despise the flipping sound of papers, especially books being around me.” The short haired girl winked at her speechless friend before humming her favorite melody while skipping as she exits the room.

Yuna can only sigh as she watch her friend exit the room. She could only hope for the best since the girl, Eunbi, would be spying around will not be like what she had done in the past with people she had a crush on.

Kim Sojung is the student council president and even though she had heard that the blonde has a lot of admirers and is a kind person, she just doesn’t want to see her friend be heartbroken or be humiliated.

 

/////

 

Eunbi was not fooling around when she planned on going to the library everyday just to take a glimpse of the gorgeous blonde girl. Also her friend, Yuna, wasn’t lying about the student council president sitting at the same exact spot she had first seen her. The girl was really there when the short girl entered the library who doesn’t even plan on staying for too long.

She suppose that just having a quick glimpse on the older girl was enough but oh boy, Eunbi found herself swiping her I.D. on the attendance scanner and her feet was walking towards the table at the end of the room where she thinks the latter would not have the slightest idea that she was being admired by a cute bunny.

She pulled out her Biology book from her bag to use it as a decoy or props, pretending that she will be studying. Which is half truth because she did study but at the same time took a glance on the peaceful blonde who was busy doing her own thing from afar. From time to time a the tip of her lips will curve upward as she sees how angelic and mesmerizing Sojung was.

The short girl never thought that books and the library could bring happiness to her. Even if she just had seen the student council president yesterday, she was determined that someday she would be able gather up her courage to introduce herself to the girl that she admires.

“Wow. I didn’t expect that you would take your idea yesterday seriously.” Eunbi turned her head to the direction of the voice and her eyes met her best friend along with her girlfriend, Yewon. She snickered upon hearing the teasing tone of Yuna who just chuckled while her girlfriend just smiled at Eunbi.

“Hello to you too.” The short girl rolled her eyes before adding “As you can see, I am also studying for our Biology subject.”

“Weird. As far as I remember we have an exam for our Physics subject tomorrow and not Biology.” Yuna exclaimed making the latter’s cheek turn red at the sudden realization that she was studying for a subject that wouldn’t even give an exam until the end of the month.

Yuna pulled the chair out of the table assisting her girlfriend to take a seat and kissed her cheek as if they were in a fancy restaurant or some fairy tale story which made the short haired girl hiss from the quick display of affection.

For all Eunbi knows and cares, she’s only here to admire the blonde and not be a third wheel. Just why did she forget that Yewon’s favorite place to be at was the library and is often visiting it? So of course her best friend will also be here whenever her girlfriend wants to read novels or study.

“So who’s the lucky girl your best friend said that your eyeing at?” Yewon sweetly asks the short haired girl who quickly gave deadly glares towards Yuna who just shrugged it off and pointed at Sojung who was silently writing on her notes. The youngest turned her head towards the direction of where her girlfriend was pointing at and upon seeing the lucky girl, her left brow quirked up and muttered something that both girls across her were unable to hear.

The tall girl asked the youngest if there was something wrong but Yewon just smiled and shook her head and opened the book she was holding.

The lovers were being their cheesy selves. At some point whenever the tall girl doesn’t understand what the topicfor the subject she was studying was all about… Yewon of course being the genius student, always tends to her girlfriend’s aid.

On the other hand, Eunbi couldn’t help but scoff at her best friend’s actions. She knew that Yuna was only pretending not to understand the topic just to get Yewon’s attention when the truth was the tall girl is smart enough or maybe almost as smart as her girlfriend.

“Pathetic.” The short girl muttered in a disgusted tone and the her best friend who is beside her had turned her head towards her and Eunbi just smiled and hummed in question to why her best friend turned to her.

“Did you say something?” Yuna asked and looked like a confused puppy.

Knowing that her best friend didn’t hear what she just said, the short girl just tilted her head and grinned as she stated the opposite word she just spat a moment ago “I said you two are so cute together.”

Her best friend just smiled and said thanks which Eunbi just brushed off and her eyes landed on the wall clock and to her surprise she had realized she had been inside the library for more than two hours. That definitely is a new record for the Jung and the library.

Feeling her arms getting numb, she stretched them in midair, her eyes landing on the still busy student council president.

Noticing that the blonde was now yawning, she sighed and scratched her head. “How come she’s not tired from all the reading and writing she’s done for the past hours? She’s been here even before I stepped inside this place.”

The couple halted from what they were doing and both were not even bothered to turn their heads on the person Eunbi was pertaining to. They knew exactly who she was talking about.

“What can you expect? I heard she’s one of the best students in the whole campus. She’s probably the genius of the geniuses here.” Yuna said as she stretch her neck sideward along with her fingers.

“And she’s probably doing it for future purposes. Having an exceptional grade and conduct are few reasons from companies to go flocking and competing to have that person be their employee.” The youngest added, now looking at the student council president.

“I can’t imagine being in her place. Studying everyday as if there’s no tomorrow.” Eunbi stated which the only youngest chuckled earning her a confused expression from the former.

“Studying for a couple of hours isn’t something to be worried about. As long as the person loves gaining knowledge or whatever she’s doing, they consider it as fun even if others think it’s just plainly boring. It just happens that every person likes different things.”

Eunbi nodded at the statement. She probably just feels like this because she was never the kind of student to open her books everyday to study after hours of gruesome lectures or topics from thee different subjects. A small smile crept on her lips as she once again studied the features of the student council president.

After a few more minutes, the short girl felt her phone vibrate inside her pocket and she grabbed it and saw that her mother had messaged her. Asking her daughter why the door of her dorm number was locked and the lights were still turned off, having no signs of a person inside it. Her eyes grew big and cursed under her breath for the reason she had kept her mother waiting outside her room and why didn’t her mother inform her that she will be visiting her daughter today?

Her friends with her noticed how the short girl’s expression changed and how she cursed under her breath which made the couple frown at her.

“Is something wrong?” The youngest asked the older girl who hastily kept her book inside her bag and sling it around her shoulder afterwards.

“I just received a message from my mom that she’s waiting outside my room.” She explained and dashed out of the library without letting neither of the two to reply nor having the chance to take one last glance at Sojung.

 

/////

 

It became a daily habit of Eunbi to head to the library every time her classes for the day had finished and the teasing of her best friend has also became daily for her. Teasing the short haired girl to just approach Sojung and who knows? The blonde might also reciprocate her feelings towards her but Eunbi wasn’t confident to do that. She can’t even find the courage to ask the blonde if she could sit beside her. What more of a confession or asking her out for a simple friendly date?

She knows to herself that she needed to do something before someone snatches her goddess away from her but she wouldn’t be able to do it now. Not when she knows she might turn into a walking disaster.

Maybe in the future but not now. Her poor heart wouldn’t be able to approach the student council president at her current state.

She let out a heavy sigh in just the thought of how much of a coward she is compared to her best friend who had the courage to make a move towards Yewon and look at them now, a happy and strong couple.

Her thoughts got interrupted when she heard a familiar soft voice behind her back making her feet to slowly stop, turning her head to the owner of the voice. It was Yewon. The younger girl was hugging three books on her chest and smiled at the former as a greeting which the older girl returned by nodding her head.

“Are you going to the library unnie?’ Yewon asked the latter who hummed in response. “Then let’s go together.”

Eunbi looked around searching for any sign of her best friend but to only see the corridors empty and quiet. She tilted her head unsure of why Yuna wasn’t clinging onto her girlfriend like a puppy to its owner.

“Where’s your girlfriend?”

“She’s busy with her track practice.” Yewon answered and her lips forming to a smile as she remembers her girlfriend who was about to ditch practice just to be with her. But knowing how important the practice is, the younger one lectured the tall girl about how much the practice means for their team’s victory.

“That’s new. She didn’t ditch her practice to be with you?” The younger girl shook her hand and explained everything that happened a while ago and how much of a baby Yuna was. It was hard convincing her girlfriend to stay and practice but after the long lecture she had done, the tall girl finally surrendered in defeat.

The way Yewon told the story about what had happened earlier just makes her eyes sparkle and smile widely just like a child telling a their favorite story to someone else. It is easy to tell that the young girl was madly in love with the tall girl and the same goes to the latter. After all, their everyday seems like Yuna was still courting her and showing how much Yewon means to her. There may be some misunderstanding between the two once in a while, but both of them had always managed to pass through those obstacles in their relationship.

It was as if the couple were a match made in heaven.

Eunbi is jealous of their perfect relationship but of course she wouldn’t spit those words out. It’ll just make her best friend’s head grow bigger and for being a coward even more. Getting teased inside the library was enough for her.

“She really never wins against you, doesn’t she?” Eunbi asked despite knowing what the answer would be.

Yuna had always have a soft spot for the younger girl and would always ends up surrendering whenever Yewon starts to pout or show that she was sad about something. The latter’s cuteness was her main weakness and Eunbi couldn’t deny how adorable Yewon is.

The older girl was waiting for the younger girl to reply but nothing came out of . She looked like someone who was having thousands of thoughts are running inside her head and the short haired girl can’t decipher what they were since she’s pretty sure it wasn’t about Yewon’s love life nor academics related. Having a poker face was also not helping her figure out what was the latter thinking about. Until she opened when they were a few meters away the library.

“Do you want help with the student council president?” Uncertainty and nervousness was visible upon Yewon. She doesn’t have a clue why those words slipped out of her bare mouth.

It wasn’t like her to meddle into someone else’ business specially a love life. Maybe she did that because she knows she can and will be able to do something to help her friend regarding Kim Sojung.

Noticing how red and taken aback the short haired girl was, Yewon broke into an awkward laughter and stated “Forget about what I said unnie.”

Eunbi herself wasn’t sure why she wasn’t able to reply anything to the younger girl who was offering her help towards the hopeless romantic girl. She could have accepted the offer immediately but something inside her stopped her from doing so.

Maybe because of the reason that she wants to approach or be friends with Sojung without anyone helping her.

It was her love life after all.

Brushing her thoughts aside. They entered the library but to the short girl’s surprise, the person whom she is always admiring and is the reason of her going to the book filled place was not seated where she usually is.

Her eyes slowly scanning the library as they walk, trying to find any sign of the blonde. Her face slowly turning into a frown when she finds no sign of Sojung.

“She’s not here.” She mumbles to herself but loud enough for the younger girl to hear.

“Maybe she’s busy? Student council members tends to get busy around this time specially now that the athletes are also busy with practice. Both parties are busy at the same time if I’m not mistaken.” Yewon stated. Observing how grim the expression of the older girl is.

After months of consecutively going to the library. Never had she seen the student council president not present in the room and somehow it feels like it’s empty without her presence, despite of other students studying inside the place.

She bent and lightly banged her head on the wooden table as she whispers “She’s not here.”

It was rather amusing to witness how the short haired girl be so frustrated over the fact that her favorite person to admire was not present in the room. Eunbi’s eyes were glued on the door for god knows how long until a heavy sigh escaped for there were no cue that the blonde is gonna appear in front of her eyes.

Not even a mere shadow of the girl can be seen.

The younger girl finally had thought of something that can stop the stop the older girl from hurting herself at the table. Yewon looked into Eunbi’s eyes for a mere second before saying some positive things to cheer the dismal girl who kept throwing a low grunt from time to time “Sojung has a lot of responsibility aside from just being the bookworm who loves going to the library. She may be in the council room for some meeting.”

The latter’s ears perked up in delight and a smile slowly forming on her lips. Yewon thankfully managed to pull a string from her friend who was out of herself just because of the reason why she visits the library wasn’t present.

“So you mean she’ll be here tomorrow?” The younger one didn’t utter those words a while ago but who is she to remove Eunbi’s bright smile? Without giving any promises nor agreeing with the statement, she only smiled at the older girl.

Who knew that Sojung’s presence could affect the bunny like girl this much?

 

/////

 

Yuna’s attention darted into her best friend in an instant when she saw how mournful the girl looked like. She was slumped on her seat with both of her hands on her stomach while staring at the crystal white ceiling of the classroom.

“Tok tok.” Light knocks were made on the table of the slumped girl, gaining her attention.

“Oh you’re here already.” No sign of the bubbly best friend was visible as if the one sitting in front of the tall girl was a different person.

Nodding her head in response, the short girl went back in being in a daze. Her thoughts flying all over the place and maybe even reaching other regions of the country. This wasn’t the first time Yuna had seen her best friend mope around. In fact, she always does this whenever she lacks sleep or her favorite burger is currently unavailable for some reason.

Apart from food or sleep reason, this was the first time she’s seen Eunbi act all gloomy because of a person.

Yuna tried to brush it off since she knew the short girl would eventually still go to the library despite of not seeing the blonde for a couple of days already and we all know that not seeing someone for just a couple of days is not a big deal, specially if you barely know that someone.

“Can you please stop moping around and bring back my best friend?” The tall girl demands but the latter only beamed a frown which made her sigh.

“You haven’t seen her for only a few days Eunbi. It’s not like it’ll be the end of the world if you don’t see her.” Eunbi grumbled and threw her the infamous deadly glare upon hearing the complaining Yuna.

“Well if it was Yewon, you would look and feel worse than I do.”

It was the tall girl’s turn to hiss. Not expecting that her best friend would throw the Yewon card to her. Yuna closed her eyes and breathed heavily to stop herself from throwing any possible bombs that may trigger her friend.

“Fine you win. But the point is, your goddess has been MIA for only a few days

“Almost two weeks already.” The short girl snickered and corrected the latter.

“Okay. Eight days of being absent at the library  excluding weekends since we don’t have classes those days  it’s not like something bad had happened to her and her absence doesn’t stop you from heading to the library.”

The tall girl had a point. Despite Sojung not coming to the library for the past few days, Eunbi still goes there in hopes that her wonderful goddess is finally done with her MIA days inside the library. It definitely also is not a reason to think that something bad had really happened to the student council president for she may just be busy attending to her duties as the president of their department.

“I might as well ask Yewon the reason if you keep moping and whining for some odd reason.” Yuna blurted out making the latter confused at the statement.

She wondered why would the tall girl ask her girlfriend about Sojung? Knitting her forehead to think of any possible reason or connection between the youngest and the blonde but to no avail.

When she was about to open and ask about the correlation, their professor for this time had entered the room and tapped the board using her left hand, the other hand holding a stack of papers making the whole class whine.

There could only be one reason why would that professor have a stack of papers wrapped on her arms. It’s either they will have an exam or it’s their test scores.

 

/////

 

“I told you your goddess would finally go back to her usual routine starting this day.” Yuna playfully stuck out her tongue to provoke the short girl who didn’t believe that Sojung would be back after three weeks of being away from the library.

Who would even believe it if that friend who said it is someone who likes to play tricks on her. Even after hearing that Yuna received the information from her beloved Yewon, Eunbi still didn’t believe it. Not that she doesn’t trust the couple. It was just because her best friend can easily make the youngest play along if Yuna was convincing enough.

The short girl’s eyes glued on the blonde who had her earphones plugged, her head rocking to the rhythm of the music she possibly is listening to as she types on her laptop.

Missing the presence of Sojung was an understatement for Eunbi. She looked terrible every each day she had not seen the gorgeous girl whenever she visits the library. The place had become her little hide out after class where she can secretly adore the blonde.

Call her a stalker or a creep but there was just something Sojung has that the short girl can’t help but adore. Letting her feet lead the way without any control from the owner of the body, she always finds herself swiping her school I.D. at the library scanner and sitting at the exact same spot where she first had seen Sojung.

Eunbi pulled herself from her thoughts and from adoring the blonde. Turning her head towards her best friend who was busy tapping the wooden table while letting her eyes roam freely around the room.

“How did Yewon even know when Sojung would be back? I’ve been meaning to ask that ever since you blurted that you’ll ask her.” Eunbi dryly asked, the latter forming forming a smirk on her lips. “I thought you wouldn’t ask.”

“My Yewon is a cousin of Sojung. Kim Yewon and Kim Sojung. I’m surprised you didn’t realize that the moment she offered to help you with the president.”

The two grew in silence after the moment of reveal. Eunbi gasped at the knowledge she had just acquired and felt like a fool for being so dumb. She should have questioned the youngest on how she can help her but instead she just became a frozen statue when she heard the offer and just why didn’t the cousin thing crossed her mind? Both were Kims and shared some similar traits and Eunbi just ignored all of those.

Too busy in admiring the blonde and thinking on how she can approach her without being such a laughing stock.

She was never a fan of approaching first specially if it’s someone she adores for she tends to stutter and act like a helpless child who was having her first try in speaking words.

“Please close your mouth before a fly enters that burger smelled mouth of yours.” Yuna placed her palm under the latter’s chin to close the wide opened mouth and playfully smiled at the shocked figure.

Eunbi’s mind processed as she clearly hears the ticking of the clock. The louder she hears it, the more she got lost in trance.

“If you’re doubting what I’ve said, go ask your crush about it.”

The short girl blinked and swallowed the lump in before exclaiming “So you’re telling me that Yewon is a cousin of the Kim Sojung whom I always adore from a distance?”

Flinching from the sudden outburst, Yuna immediately covered her friend’s loud mouth. Afraid that their topic would have heard it and turn her head towards them.

“Can you please keep your voice down? We’re inside the library and Sojung is just right there.” She whispered to the short girl and looked at the blonde who removed her eyes from the laptop and stopped typing.

Both of them stopped breathing when they saw the figure stopped suddenly from what she was doing. Too afraid that they were busted and would have been humiliated. Specially the short girl who had her eyes wide open and kept muttering curse words.

Fortunately they were able to breath again when the president just opened her bag and fished out her notebook. Not bothering to turn her head towards them or anywhere inside the library.

“That was close.” Eunbi whispered and plopped on the table after the most intense part of her entire life.

“Thanks to you.” Yuna commented earning her a slap on the shoulder and glare from the latter.

It would have been a disaster if the blonde had heard her exclaiming her secret to her best friend. No one couldn’t blame her for reacting like that since she had just learned a big secret that was kept away from her. She now turned her head, forehead touching the table and stared at it while thinking how embarrassing would the situation be if Sojung didn’t have her earphones .

“Oh look. The knight of the palace is now leaving.” The tall girl stated in a teasing tone clearly catching Eunbi’s attention who jerked her head up and followed the figure of the blonde as she slowly disappears out of their sight.

After a few minutes had passed, she stood up to leave the place since the girl she adores had left already so there was no use in staying any longer. Yuna knew that it was time for them to leave, getting the signal of her friend who was now standing at the side of their table, ready to leave any moment.

To her surprise, Eunbi had her eyes still fixed on the empty table where the blonde’s usual seat. Her eyes squinting while trying to see if she was seeing clearly or if it was just some of trash left by the blonde.

“What’s wrong?” The tall girl asked but to her surprise there was no answer from the latter.

Eunbi walked towards to the student council’s seat, ignoring the question of her best friend. Walking nearer the table she saw a beige rectangular wallet and at first she was doubting that it was Sojung’s until she didn’t have a choice but to open it to see if there is a picture inside the wallet to identify the owner of the item.

Opening the beige wallet, she was greeted by a formal photo of Kim Sojung who was wearing a grey blazer and a white shirt inside, her hair tied into a ponytail. Eunbi found herself adoring the mere photo of the goddess but soon snapped out of it when she had heard the voice of her friend.

“Seems like your goddess had left her wallet.”

 

/////

 

Sojung immediately threw her body on the couch as soon as she arrived inside her dorm. Too tired from doing her duties as a student and as the president of the student council.

“You’re earlier than usual.” Her roommate, Sinb, said as she rub the dry towel on her drenched hair. The older girl raised her hand and lazily waved it as a sign of greeting.

The younger girl sat beside her and wrapped the towel around her head and switched the television on while the blonde closed her eyes. Random thoughts were swirling in her head until there was one memory flashed back which made the tips of her lips curl up. Thinking of what she just heard a while in the library.

Yes. She heard the best friends bantering about her and her cousin. The blonde also definitely heard the short girl’s indirect confession but she didn’t make it obvious and pretended that she had heard nothing.

She wouldn’t bare seeing the short girl be embarrassed because of her.

Sinb noticed how her roommate was creepily smiling while her eyes were closed and it wouldn’t be a surprise if it was the short girl in the library who was causing the latter to smile like some lovesick person who’s remembering her first love.

 “Something happened with the cute girl you’ve been obsessed about?” Sojung turned her head to look at the now looking at the curious roommate of hers. She slowly raised herself from the couch and sat properly.

“I guess something had happened basing on how oddly happier you are compared to the other times you’ve gone to the library to study and secretly observe your crush.” Sojung hummed in response to the younger girl who was now busy browsing the channels to find something interesting to watch.

“Did you two finally talk to each other?” The younger girl asked with her most uninterested tone which the president just rolled her eyes.

“No. We haven’t.” Now Sinb dropped her hand on her lap and raised her left eyebrow upon hearing the gleeful reply of the older one. Starting to wonder what was so nice about not being able to talk with the person you like? Wondering if Sojung was smiling just because she had seen the girl once again.

“So you’re smiling like a fool just because you’ve seen her again?” The blonde hummed while shaking her head making the younger girl question her even more.

“Well I heard a while ago that she also secretly stares at me whenever the both of us are in the library”

“And how did you manage to know that?”

“Well I had my earphones plugged in and was listening to music but when she came with her friend I turned it off and pretended that I was still listening to music. You know how much I love listening to her soft and cute voice.”

Sinb scoffed at the sudden cheesiness coming out from the older girl’s mouth. Sojung always talks about the mysterious girl she had been seeing in the library like as if she is madly in love with the girl. She knows how much confidence the blonde has in everything she does but how come she just seems to be so shy and afraid to approach the younger girl she adores from afar?

The younger girl clicked her tongue and smirked at all of a sudden. “You know I keep wondering where all of your confidence go whenever you’re around her. I actually want to have the power she holds so that I can witness you be the shy Kim Sojung.”

The blonde’s face twitched at how shameless her roommate for blurting out that she wanted to see the quite and helpless Sojung. She waited for another bullet by the younger girl but to only hear her sigh and shake her head before going back to her television.

“I heard her name’s Jung Eunbi. She shares the same classes with Yewon’s girlfriend, Choi Yuna.” The older girl blurted out, a smile forming on her face as the name Jung Eunbi linger in her mind.

The blonde had loved going to the library ever since she was a child. The smell of the new and old books was one of her favorite scents and gaining new knowledge was one of her favorite things to do and despite of how much Sinb and her lover, Jung Yerin, tries to pull her away from their worst enemy since they think that studying or reading in most of her free time was unhealthy  There was so much more outside than the books the blonde loves.

They had manage to pull Sojung out of her dungeon, which is the library, for a few months but their plan slowly failed when the blonde has seen the short haired girl sitting with her athlete friend.

At first Sojung only thought that Eunbi just got dragged in the library out of her will but she had noticed that ever since after that day she was with her friend studying, the short girl’s visit in the library was becoming her daily habit and so was Sojung taking a few glances on Eunbi from now and then.

“Why don’t you just approach her instead of being a coward?” A devastated sigh left Sinb’s mouth. The younger girl was truly getting tired of how much of a coward her roommate is when it comes to love.

She had told the blonde to just approach the girl since she won’t bite her or anything but Sojung only stated that she was afraid that she might appear intimidating and do something that might humiliate the girl. Sinb agrees that Sojung appears intimidating and sometimes ends up humiliating the people who talks to her  specially if she found them desperate.

Intimidating people was one of the blonde’s unintentional traits.

“Staring from afar and not talking to the person you like is unhealthy Sojung.” The younger girl deadpanned

“That’s why I already did something.”

Sinb jerked her head towards the now grinning. She doesn’t like it when the blonde grins like that. She felt nervous and uncomfortable at the sight of the girl sitting beside her, hoping that it wasn’t one of her crazy schemes.

“And now that we’re at it, can I borrow a few bucks? I intentionally left my wallet in the library so that Eunbi can return it to me. Which means we’ll be able to finally talk to each other.”

She did not just hear what Sojung said. The tall girl really did another crazy scheme of hers just to be able to talk to the love of her life. “Oh you did not just leave your wallet with the money still in it.” The older girl faintly smiled and nodded slowly which made the younger girl facepalm at her friend’s stupid action just to get her crush’s attention.

Sojung really made her money at stake just to get her attention… This girl is hopeless.

“You’re so hopeless Kim.” The younger girl groaned in frustration and blurted “You’re a a hopeless and coward person who’s in love. I can’t believe you dropped your wallet intentionally so that Eunbi will have to approach you first because you’re so afraid in getting rejected.”

The blonde glared at her friend and retorted “Aren’t you the same? You and Yerin wouldn’t be able to talk to each other and be all lovey-dovey now if it wasn’t for her effort for having the guts to approach the ice princess who is way more intimidating that I am.”

Sojung huffed in annoyance and stuck out her tongue playfully while the latter narrowed her eyes and lowly groaned at the sudden attack. Silence filled the two, only the noise coming out from the television can only be heard as the roommates were having a staring showdown.

Neither of the two were backing down nor blinking until Sinb surrendered and raised both of her arms as a sign that she’s been defeated. She really can’t believe that both of them can be this childish and how the almighty student council president also has a hidden childishness within her despite of her seriousness and maturity.

A trait which someone who barely knows her would not discover.

“Fine, fine. But you’re gonna pay me back. I’m also in amidst of crisis since I spent half of my allowance buying a gift for my girlfriend’s birthday.” Sojung grinned like a child and threw her arms around her roommate who was not a fan of hugs.

“I know you’re thankful but can you please move away now? I can’t breath.” The younger girl protested while pushing the tall woman away from her.

Sojung removed her arms around Sinb, crossing her legs on the couch and grinned at her friend who was now wiggling her arms to fully feel that she was now free from the tight embrace of the tall girl.

“Avoid doing that often. I’m not fond of hugs Kim.” The younger warned the grinning girl. “And how sure are you that she’ll return your precious wallet? Don’t you have a fortune kept in that?”

The blonde shrugged.

“I don’t think she’s a bad person. At least that’s how I interpreted her possible characteristics while observing her.” Sojung thinks that Eunbi isn’t such a bad person. She can’t even imagine an adorable person like her would have a disgusting trait. It’s just too far from how the short girl looks like or how she witnessed the best friends bantering from afar.

She heard her roommate scoff and mumbling “You should stop getting ahead of yourself. A guess is not enough to prove that your girl is not a bad person.” earning her a nudge at her side making Sinb wince in pain.

 

/////

 

“Let’s make a a bet if Sojung will be able to have enough courage to ask that library girl after she receives back her wallet.” The brunette playfully smirked at her girlfriend who was eating her lunch.

They were at the school cafeteria taking their lunch. With Yerin’s food already finished while Sinb was still eating.

The place was filled with noise from the chatter of the students present inside. Some were having a chitchat, other eating quietly, and for some odd reason a few of the students were shouting and even running around as if they were still in middle school. The couple weren’t bothered by the students who were shouting as if they were talking to a person in the other room nor by the freshmen who were running in circles.

The couple were just doing their usual business and enjoying the free time where they can finally be able to be with each other.

“If she will get it back.” Sinb took another bite when she corrected her lover. Thinking that the chance of the wallet getting returned was only a small chance of happening because 1.) She doesn’t even know if it was really Eunbi who picked it up. 2.) If she did pick it up, who knows if the girl was a ert who keeps the things of the people she finds attractive for some odd purposes. 3.) If the girl wasn’t some ert. Will she have the confidence to face the one and only Kim Sojung whom many students and even professors find intimidating?

Yerin rolled her eyes to her pessimist girlfriend and defended the mysterious Jung Eunbi which made the younger girl raise her eyebrow. “Oh come on babe. The library girl couldn’t be that bad that she’ll keep Sojung’s wallet or the money inside.”

“Still not expecting that her wallet would be returned in one piece.” Sinb’s eyes bored on the now pouting brunette. Her gaze slowly softening at the sight of her lover who had her puppy eyes. God how come her girlfriend can also be this adorable?

“I’m not gonna side on you this time Yerin.” The brunette snickered at the cold statement and commented “You and your trust issues towards strangers.”

The younger girl shrugged and went back to eating and the latter tapped her fingers on the blue painted plastic table, still not brushing the idea of having a bet with her girlfriend. The brunette watched Sinb finish her food and once she was finished, Yerin leaned forward, her arms resting on the table.

“I’m betting a hundred bucks that Sojung will get her wallet back in one piece.”

Sinb’s ears perked up upon hearing the amount Yerin was betting on her. That’s already a big amount of money for their age and the brunette was just easily throwing that kind of price on her. It was no wonder that Yerin was born from a wealthy and influential family but the younger girl is still not impressed by how the brunette sometimes show off her wealth when it comes to their bets.

Staring at the brunette who was anticipating her reply, she narrowed her eyes and sighed. Not wanting to do the bet but the latter’s eyes was pleading for her to agree.

“Fine. But that’s if Sojung will get the wallet back in one piece and if she will have the guts to ask the girl out on a date after their their encounter. And even if she does get her wallet back…” The younger girl trailed off and smiled “But she didn’t ask the library girl out, I still win the bet.”

Then the younger girl stood up after stating her proposal and the latter chuckled at her girlfriend.

“Until when would this bet be valid babe?” The brunette asked, letting her girlfriend decide.

“Three days. If Sojung doesn’t ask her out after three days, I win.”

 

/////

 

Eunbi was now holding the beige wallet she had picked up yesterday, her hand gripping the item tightly. She knows that she needed to return the lost wallet to its owner but knowing the fact that it was Sojung’s, herself was now hesitating to enter the library. Her feet glued on the ground.

Having second thoughts of entering the place where the blonde always stays at after class, she feels her hand tremble at the fear of messing up her first conversation with Sojung.

She thought that after receiving words of encouragement from her friend she would be able to do what she’s suppose to do without any problems but no. As soon as she was standing in front of the library, it was as if every strength she acquired from her friends vanished into thin air and was changed into anxiety.

Her hands curled into ball of fist as she takes a step closer to the glass door, catching a glimpse of the seated blonde from the inside.

“You can do this. You can do this.” Repeating the sentence over and over again as she walks back and forth in front of the library door. Eunbi doesn’t care if the students who were passing by would think that she’s some weirdo or had gone mad because the only matter she cares at the moment was being able to return Sojung’s wallet without being a living disaster as they talk.

“Just say hi and tell her that you’ve picked up her wallet and quietly walk away after handing it to her. Easy right?” The short girl said under her breath and gathering some courage before she placed her hand on the door handle and pushed it open.

She kept mumbling to herself that everything’s gonna be fine and formulating her speech inside her head. Too nervous to go and talk to the blonde without having any plan.

“Uhm… excuse me but can I interrupt you for a while? I’m Jung Eunbi who found your wallet which was left on the chair yesterday after you’ve left and I tried finding you at the student council room but there was no signs of you so I decided to wait for the next day to come and see if you will again be here

Her mind stopped babbling words when she had realized that she was now standing in front of the blonde who happens to be now staring at her waiting for her to speak. Everything she practiced in her mind suddenly vanished as her eyes met the crystal hazelnut orbs of the blonde.

Eunbi can feel that her soul was slowly getting lost in the eyes of the blonde and it was her first time being this close to the girl whom she only watches from afar and that fact wasn’t helping at all in gaining her sanity back. Heartbeat slowly getting faster as she observed how delicate and beautiful the human right in front of her.

Oh god please help me. She’s too beautiful for me to handle.

The short girl wanted to hide somewhere where no one will be able to see her because she knew she was being weird right now and looks like a frozen statue in front of the beautiful goddess.

“Is there anything wrong?” Eunbi snapped back into realty and saw the blonde tilt her head in confusion. Uneasiness was visible on Sojung’s voice probably thinking who is the frozen girl in front of her. Or so Eunbi thought.

“Oh right.” The short haired girl said, almost a shout  which the blonde found adorable  and opened the pocket of her bag to fish out something. It didn’t take too long before she finally managed to grab the beige wallet which she was suppose to return to the tall girl.

The younger girl’s hands were shaking while holding the the item wanting to explain why she has the wallet. Sojung of course expected that Eunbi would have it but she didn’t expect that it would get returned this fast. Maybe after a few days of picking it up?

“Why do you have my wallet?” The blonde asked making the latter’s body tense. Did she say it too harsh? Feeling the tug of guilt, she corrected her words but stuttered at the first few words, her hand slowly rubbing her neck. “I-I m-mean where did you find it? I’ve been searching for it since last night.”

“Youleftityesterdaywhenyouleftthelibrary.” Eunbi felt her cheeks heat up after spatting words without pause. Hoping that her cheeks didn’t turn bright red that the latter would be able to notice it because that will be so damn embarrassing.

Eunbi can feel and hear how fast her heart rate is at the very moment due to how nervous and tense she is but soon slowed down when she heard a soft chuckle coming from the president which confused her. When the laugh died down, Sojung sweetly smiled at her and placed her chin on her palm, her arm resting on the table.

“I should thank you for keeping my wallet safe and returning it back to me…” The older girl stopped, her eyebrows quirking up pretending that she doesn’t know who the girl in front of her is.

“E-Eunbi. Jung Eunbi.” The short girl shyly said and bowed as she extended both of her arms to give the beige wallet back as if she was holding some ancient item.

Sojung widely smiled at the adorable gesture of the younger girl.

“Thank you, Eunbi.” The blonde softly stated. Before she can add more words that can make Eunbi even more hotter, the short haired girl bid her farewell and dashed off the library.

It would be a lie if Sojung says that her heart didn’t beat crazily the moment her eyes saw that the girl she was waiting for to return her wallet was already standing right in front of her. Specially that she didn’t expect her to appear this soon.

Her eyes watched he girl’s figure disappear from her sight. Her eyes full of adoration for the short haired girl.

“You make me crazy Eunbi.” The blonde said under her breath before holding the returned wallet, her lips remaining to smile.

 

/////

 

After leaving the library, Eunbi couldn’t help but bite down her lower lip out of happiness. She wanted to squeal and show how much happy she is after finally talking to the person who she only stared from afar. The angelic smile and soft voice Sojung gave her wasn’t helping her calm down.

“Thank you, Eunbi.”

She can still clearly hear everything the blonde had said and how ethereal she looked like, as if she was no human. Hearing Sojung’s laugh was making her even crazy and turn a brighter shade of red.

“She talked to me…”

“She smiled at me…”

“She called me by my name…”

Finding herself mumbling each and every sentence like a broken record was making her heart burst and butterflies in her stomach were flying inside her stomach. Not knowing that a day like this would come to her life.

The day she had finally talked to Sojung and stared at her like some fragile doll.

 

/////

 

Yuna was now staring, slightly opened, at her soon to be insane friend. It was her idea to immediately return the wallet back to the student council president and it was her who convince the smaller girl to return it herself and not ask Yewon a favour by making the youngest return it for her. But never in Yuna’s wildest dreams that talking to the gorgeous president would make her best friend to go insane.

Eunbi had been muttering the same words over and over again every since she got back from the library. The tall girl wonders on which is worse, the moping Eunbi who didn’t see the blonde for a few weeks or the current Eunbi who was going insane because of a short conversation with her goddess.

The athlete was slowly getting scared for her friend and has no idea on what to do to make her best friend return to her normal self.

She won’t really go insane right? 

She turned her head towards the girl who still has a creepy smile plastered on her face. A smile so wide which she had never witnessed the short girl showed to her or any other person she’s been with.

“Eunbi. You know that you’re smiling like some dude who is slowly losing his sanity.” The athlete involuntary blurted out due to how worried she was about her friend.

The smile on the short girl dropped and soon glared at her best friend. “Let me enjoy this moment Yuna.”

“Just don’t let it take your sanity away. I can’t afford to be in a horror movie where I see a crazy woman suddenly smiles or laugh like a wicked person.” Eunbi hissed at her best friend “I’m fine. I just can’t believe she really smiled and called me by my name.”

“Suit yourself.” Yuna sighed, brushing her hand in the air letting her best friend do and feel whatever she wants as long as nothing bad happens.

The tall girl rolls her eyes and scoffs from time to time. Amazed by the power the student council president holds towards her friend. Somehow she started wondering if she had ever behaved like that when Yewon had finally agreed to date her or when Yewon and her had their first conversation

I wasn’t that weird I think…

Well maybe not.

Remembering how Eunbi was pretending to not know her in public when she started screaming and wiggling her arms out of joy made her grunt. Yuna guesses that this kind of reaction is just normal when you finally had mustered up your courage to talk to the person you’ve liked for a very long time.

But there was one thing she was curious about even if it was a nonsensical question. “Will you be you still going to the library despite of you getting noticed by your goddess?”

Eunbi snapped out of her daydreams and turned her head towards her best friend, grinning and quirking up her eyebrows.

“Of course. I don’t see any reason for me to stop going there specially now that she has noticed me and we’ve finally talked to each other”

There was no sign of Eunbi joking around, just like when it all started and the athlete only chuckled at her best friend who was grinning like a child. Hoping that the shorter girl would finally be able to live her fairy tale life with her partner who will take care of her like a princess.

 

/////

 

Several days had passed ever since Eunbi’s encounter with Sojung at the library and this day was a free day for the students. The blonde endearingly smiles at her whenever her eyes lands on where the shorter girl was sitting at and it never failed to melt Eunbi.

The day was considered as a holiday which means it was uncertain if the goddess she considers would be going to the library.

Who would use their free day stress to study anyway?

When she had decided to just stay in her room for the day, a notification popped up on her phone. It was Yuna telling her that she should meet the couple at the lobby, inviting her to have a movie date with them. Eunbi at first whined and rejected the offer since she just wanted to spend her quality time with her bed.

To her surprise, Yuna was insisting her to join them and it was so unusual for the athlete to beg her to tag along. Thinking of all the possible reasons why her best friend would act like this, only one stood out from her thoughts which made her jerk up and sit on her bed.

“Did they fight again?” She questioned the air in the empty bedroom. The only time Yuna would be this desperate for her help or her presence is whenever she needed someone to help her calm her girlfriend down or needs someone to back her up when she messes things up.

Being the couple’s bridge whenever they have a fight is one of the things she hates experiencing the most. Imagine sitting in between a couple who are acting as if they were having a long distance relationship and you are their only source of communication and of course being the nice friend, you would try as much as possible for the two to make up and be all lovey-dovey once again.

Yewon has always been a sweet girl but making her angry is the least thing you would want to do because a monster would emerge from the angelic girl and the characteristic of the monster depends on the extent of her anger.

Just imagining it was sending chills to Eunbi.

The short girl found herself agreeing in tagging along when the thought of her friend getting trampled by her girlfriend popped in her mind. Immediately getting out her bed after messaging her friend that she’ll be down in a minute.

Eunbi didn’t take too long in finding the clothes she would wear since it’s not like she’ll be going on a date. Picking a black hoodie and matching it with a black ripped jeans. She left the room after applying light make-up and combing her hair.

Arriving at the lobby, she had seen no sign of her best friend nor the youngest making her wonder where were they or if Yuna was pulling a prank on her. If the couple had a fight, they wouldn’t leave nor keep Eunbi waiting. It was rather making the short haired girl doubt her guess.

Eyes roaming around the lobby, her head turning around, trying to find her best friend but to no avail.

She rolled her eyes and sighed, planning to go back to her room until she heard someone call her name. A voice she would never forget who the owner is and never get tired of hearing but she wasn’t expecting that who might she be thinking of was really the one who called her.

It wouldn’t surprise her if she turns around and sees no one behind her. Her head sometimes plays with her after that conversation with Sojung at the library.

Slowly turning around, her eyes grew wide as it saw that Sojung was really standing right in front of her. Looking at her with her soft hazelnut orbs and her lips forming a small smile.

As if the blonde was shy of something.

Sojung was wearing a plain white long sleeves polo with the top two buttons opened and denim jeans at the bottom. A perfect look when going to a date.

“Oh hi, Sojung. Are you going on a date?” The shorter girl gleefully asked but at the same time hoping that the blonde wouldn’t say that she will. Her face fell when she saw the blonde slowly nodding from the question.

Eunbi nodded trying to stop herself from frowning at the girl in front of her. She also doesn’t have any right on stopping the blonde to date whomever she wants to since they were not more than just an acquaintance.

Inhaling deeply before she smiled at the latter and wishing her to have a great date before turning around. “Whoever you are with for your date, I hope you two will have a great date.”

The short haired girl hissed the moment she turned around to go upstairs because of how she sounded so bitter, wanting to slap herself at the behaviour she demonstrated at Sojung. Her feet was about to walk upstairs when she felt a hand gripping on her right wrist making her confused at the sudden touch of the older girl.

Turning her body to face the latter, she now saw that Sojung was staring on the ground, fidgeting her free hand. The younger girl doesn’t understand this sudden behaviour of the student council president. The blonde have always been the confident and fearless woman whenever she does something or talks to anyone but at this moment, she looks like someone who was nervous and afraid of something.

“Is there something wrong?” The younger girl asked. Confused and unsure why the blonde had stopped her from going upstairs.

Sojung removed her hand around Eunbi’s wrists and used that hand to slowly rub her neck. Hesitation was visible on the face of the older girl and it was making the latter uneasy.

“About my date…” The older girl trailed off and bit her lower lips and hesitating for a moment before continuing what she was about to say. “I was actually hoping that it would be you who will be accompanying me to the mall.”

Eunbi’s eyes grew wide at the sudden invitation of the blonde. Slowly pointing at herself and mouthing “Me?” which Sojung thinned her lips and nodded.

The younger girl slowly tilted her head with a matching confused expression, she was hoping that observing the older girl’s face would give her an answer if she was being fooled around with. But to her surprise there was no sign that Sojung was kidding around and was intently waiting for her reply.

“I know my question had caught you off guard but I was really hoping that you’ll at least agree to my offer? You can think of it as either a friendly date or more than that…. But I hope it would be the latter.” The blonde blurted out adorably which made the younger girl blush. Never had she expected that she would be asked out by the person whom she had adored and watched from afar. Someone who caught her heart the moment her eyes landed on the ethereal girl who was studying a few tables away from them.

Eunbi thought that they can use this opportunity to get to know each other and how well would their personalities would suite each other. Her face lit up and eyes sparkled at the thought of finally getting to know more about Kim Sojung but her face fell when she had realized that her best friend. Yuna, might message her all of a sudden or pop out of nowhere to ask her help.

“I would love to but… Yuna actually had asked me to tag along with her and Yewon. I’m just waiting for her to send me another message.”

The older girl’s expression lightened up upon hearing the statement of the latter who knitted her eyebrows, asking for an explanation.

“About that. I don’t think you’ll have to worry about them. I asked a favour to my cousin last night since I wanted to get to know you and I guess your friend telling you to go to the lobby was Yewon’s order.” Sojung slowly stated her eyes wandering around the corridor, worried if Eunbi would get mad at her for asking her friends to make a reason so that the both of them can talk to each other

Hearing a soft chuckle from the younger girl had stopped the blonde in roaming her eyes everywhere. Eunbi was now smiling at her and Sojung can finally breath without worrying if the younger girl would get mad by her childish scheme.

“Asking help from a friend of mine so that you can talk to me…” Eunbi scoffed and trailed off “Why didn’t you just approach me though? It’s not like something bad would happen if you do that.”

The bunny-like girl has a point but the thing is Sojung has never been good in approaching people whom she likes. She was more of the waiting type person when it comes to making a move towards someone they like. Eunbi is a little bit of an exception? Since she did ask her out even though it was with the help of her cousin and her girlfriend.

“Because I’m not the type of person who can easily approach someone whom I find attractive. I’m sorry if I even involved your friends so that I can talk to you.” A bold statement indeed. The latter was in shock after hearing that the blonde finds her attractive and heat was slowly greeting her cheeks as the confession slowly sinks in.

“You don’t have to accept my invitation if you feel uncomfortable in going with me,” Sojung muttered that the latter barely heard it.

Humming while shaking her head as Eunbi’s arm slowly wrapped around the older girl’s arm, the older girl turned her head to face the latter who was smiling at her. Sojung’s face lightening up and a huge smile appearing when she had heard what the younger one had said next.

“I don’t see any reason for me to reject your invitation. Besides I’m actually excited how you usually act when your outside since I mostly see you always busy studying in the library.”

 

/////

 

Yerin and Sinb were busy eating ice cream when the brunette squinted her eyes at the glass window of the ice cream shop. Figuring out if she was just seeing someone who looks like her girlfriend’s roommate and that’s not all, she was with a smaller girl who had a short hair  similar to how Sinb described the library girl.

“Bi. Is our bet still valid?” The younger girl rolled her eyes at the sudden topic her girlfriend had come up.

“Why would you even ask me that kind of question when we’re on a date?” Sinb boringly said, eyes glued on the strawberry swirl ice cream that she was scooping, not bothering to look at her bewildered girlfriend. “And yes, we still have the bet until three in the the afternoon.”

Silence grew in the air after the younger girl’s statement and she noticed how quiet the usual noisy brunette had become. Raising her head to look at her girlfriend who was still busy eyeing the familiar figures at the cotton candy shop, waiting for one of them to turn around.

“What are you looking at?”

“I think my eyes are playing on me babe.” The brunette said ignoring her girlfriend’s question.

“Uhh can you please speak human language?” Sinb deadpanned. The older girl still not turning her head to face her lover who was now narrowing her eyes and slowly turning her head and following to where the brunette was staring at.

Sinb tilted her head at the sight of the two familiar figures  specially the tall blonde who was on the left side and the smaller girl beside her oddly looks like Sojung and Eunbi. Head turning to Yerin then back at the girls at the cotton candy shop and repeating the action. Turning her head to Yerin then to the shop.

The younger girl not wanting to believe nor think that the couple they were seeing from faraway were the student council president and the mysterious library girl whom her roommate was taking a liking.

None of the couple were speaking nor looking at each other as they wait for either of the girls at the other shop to turn around. After a minutes, the panda shaped cotton candy was given to the familiar figures and Sinb was having cold sweats, afraid that she will be losing the bet with her girlfriend and lose a hundred bucks.

Her roommate haven’t even paid the money she borrowed from her and she is not ready to give up her money to Yerin even if she loves the girl the most.

Loud gasps were heard from the couple after the tall blonde turned her head to the smaller girl beside her and Sinb exasperatedly cursed at the big reveal.

“Money down, babe. I won this bet.” Yerin exclaimed in excitement, earning a glare from Sinb which made her immediately shut and whimper at her scary lover.

Yerin didn’t expect that she will be winning this bet so she kept insisting it on the younger girl. Knowing how much of a shy girl Sojung is when it comes to the person she likes, the brunette thought that the blonde won’t have the courage until a month or two had passed.

She never thought that Sojung would make this Eunbi girl an exception.

They watched the blonde and the smaller girl as they left the shop and head to wherever their date was and of course Yerin being scared to what might Sinb do if she mentions that she had won their bet in the last minute.

No hugs? No talking? No kisses?

“Anything but the kisses please.” Yerin pleaded and involuntary said the words out loud. The younger girl knitted her eyebrows and looked at her disgustedly.

“Seriously? Of all the things you could say, you decided to blurt out your worry about kisses?”

“I-I-I didn’t mean it.” The brunette stuttered at the sudden comment of the younger girl. Knowing that she messed up with her action, she breathed first before getting cut off by her lover.

“Well I have another proposal about the bet if don’t want your kisses get taken away from you.” Sinb dryly said emphasizing the brunette’s worry.

Yerin knew she was turning bright red since she was feeling hotter and not to mention that the younger girl was now smirking at her as if she was enjoying the view. To avoid getting more embarrassed, she started fidgeting her fingers and quietly waited for Sinb to tell her supposed to be proposal.

“I want to bet a hundred bucks that those two would start going to the library together from now on.” Sinb tapped the table making the latter flinch. The brunette looking confused at the random proposal.

“What?”

“I said I want to bet that they’ll go or sit together at the library from now on. Plus if I win this one, I don’t have to lose nor give any money since it will be a draw for the both of us.”

Smart. The younger girl really had thought of something smart and advantageous to her and there was only a small percentage that her roommate would be a coward to ask Eunbi to go with her in the library after their date.

Yerin on the other hand raised her eyebrow, realizing why her girlfriend who doesn’t like having a bet is now making a bet proposal herself. It was of course unusual for the younger girl to do this and a hundred bucks is a large amount of money the brunette blurted out without thinking.

The brunette bit the inside of before coming to an agreement, thinking that that was the only bet rules her girlfriend had made.

“Well then since you’ve already agreed. I’m gonna say the additional prize of the bet.” Sinb clapped gleefully and grinned at her now confused girlfriend. “A hundred bucks and no kisses for you if I win. Meaning the prize I will win is that there will be no kisses for my girlfriend.”

Yerin’s mouth dropped open at the sudden addition of the younger girl and started protesting. “You can’t add that. You didn’t even inform me that you have a hidden agenda.”

Sinb smirked, amused by seeing Yerin’s reaction. “Oh I can babe. Plus you have already agreed so there’s no turning back.”

“I only agreed because I knew a hundred bucks is a large amount and you have the advantage in the bet you proposed.” The brunette exclaimed in disbelief and her sadist girlfriend only laughing at every protest she speaks.

“It’s your fault for making your worry about not getting a kiss slip out of your mouth.”

“But that was unintentional.” The older girl defended herself even though she knows that she won’t be winning this argue. She never won any argue with her girlfriend before  not a single one of them.

“How long would be the duration of the no kiss policy?” The brunette crossed her fingers, hoping that it wouldn’t be a week or more. That would be torture for her.

“A week.” Sinb deadpanned before standing up from her seat and telling Yerin that she will just be going to the bathroom.

The older girl only laughed in disbelief once the younger girl was out f her sight and then whined like a helpless child.

Yerin knows how cruel Sinb can sometimes get when she feels like it and the worse part is that it happens at the most random times and this was one of those random times. If she had learned anything from this experience, never make a bet with Hwang Eunbi. Like ever.

 

/////

 

Author’s Note: I started writing this during Eunha’s birthday and was suppose to post it that day but it would be a long one shot to be finished in just a day so it has been delayed for a couple of days. Not sure how this one shot had turned out so I hope to see feedback and I hope you guys like it.